infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Dev Update 2022-02-04

Friday! Friday! Friday!

On the personal side, I survived my dentist appointment that I've been dreading all week. There was much less blood spraying everywhere than I imagined there would be. (Zero blood was sprayed to the relief of the dentist, her assistant and most importantly, myself.)

The was well received, and I've been working on Lebeny's scene, which is almost done. After that, Matthias is up next. That means we'll have a new public release for everyone later in February!
:: Exited noises and finger guns, accidentally scaring ::

I also did a quick poll about doing some live streams on Discord while I write and code, and it turns out that most of you would be happy to watch me as I write. I'll be honest. It wasn't the response I was expecting, and now I have to schedule a live writing/coding session. We can turn it into a Q&A for added entertainment value. I can't imagine people sticking around otherwise.

In other news, after nearly two years and 11K downloads, I've had to issue my first ever refund for Infinite Stars. There's a lesson in that. No matter how hard you try, you can't please everyone. Also, Project Herald (Our secret Patron Project) is making good progress, and I'll share some more details later in the week.

That's it for me! Have a fantastic weekend!

Last edited:

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Dev Update 2022-04-22

Friday! w00t w00t!

I didn't make an update post last week Friday due to the long weekend, and I probably also won't make one next Friday due to other commitments, but rest assured, it doesn't mean I'm not working on the next batch of content for release.

I've been busy with some work stuff (making money to fund Infinite Stars - it could be worse), but I still managed to carve out some time for Infinite Stars.

Patrons should have seen the underwear/lingerie outfits of and by now, with another one being released next week Monday. Who could it be? Who? I'll give you a hint; it's one of the ladies. (EDIT: It's )

Also, a special shoutout to Glowstick on Discord, who has helped me find and fix quite a few typos! The changes will reflect in the next build.

Other than that, I've been working on some marketing stuff. We also need to push the company rebrand through, which will happen in due course.

Have a fantastic day, everyone, and an even better weekend!

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Dev Update 2022-05-06

::Excited Friday Noises::

We did it. We're survivors. We made it through another week! And as a reward, you get a devlog update. (It might not be the reward you want or deserve, but it's the reward you are getting.)

My personal life has been OK. I secretly turned a year older last month. Dobson is entering his second winter and hates getting up in the morning. We leave him to sleep in while we start working to pay for all his treats. I've been spending some weekend time with family, and I'm slowly chipping away at my day job responsibilities.

Now, for the reason you actually clicked on this post. Infinite Stars. I took half a day to replay the content from Episode 3 to get a refresher. It sounds silly, but when working on each story segment in isolation, it's easy to miss the forest for the trees. It was great to refresh my view of the game. I also fixed some minor flow issues, added some more flavour choices and fixed some more typos.

I've done lots of writing this week. Lots. I also realised I've grossly misjudged the work it would take to finish the current episode, and that's even before the… You know. Everything that happened. I look back at some of the words I've uttered, like "weekly updates", and I'm almost too ashamed to show my face around here. While I can't wait to wrap up the current episode finally, it's not because I'm getting tired of working on it. I just want to get it done so we can get to all the other juicy bits we've been planning for over a year. Player created stories. Free exploration. Shorter, micro-content releases. I'm super excited about all of that.

Lastly, with all the writing that has been happening, I've also been working on some of the various steamy, kinky and, quite frankly, explicit scenes involving the Tabitha crew. We're all adults here. I hope it will tease and titillate unless you are a minor. Then it just teases and fades to black. (Should you really be playing games with adult content as a minor?) I can't enforce it, but I can prevent minors and those of us who are more gentle in nature from running into sudden sexy surprise smut. I've given the solution a lot of thought, and explicit content will be turned off by default and will have to be turned on in the settings. While there is definitely some character insight and development during the smut scenes, it's also written in such a way that skipping it won't leave you confused or missing any major plot points. Players who are unaware of the setting will be able to go through the whole game with a few fade to black scenes without even knowing they missed anything.

Lastly, our Discord server has been growing slowly. If you'd like to be more involved in shaping the game, come join us! Right now, we're asking for everyone to share a scene from the game that annoyed them, felt boring or just made your eyes roll so we can fix it for the Steam release. Also, once we reach 500 members, we can apply to become an actual community server - we're still a way off but getting there. So come join the server, say hi, and meet more Infinite Star fans. (As a bonus, you'll get to see some photos of Dobby the House Iggy and other pets owned by fans.) What are you waiting for?

Jul 19, 2020
is out!

And wow, that intro is so bleak. The first time I played I didn't send Veera down in the pod and the results of that were pretty sad. So I had a go with the other option and at first thought 'oh a good "ending"' but no! The idea of poor Katya leaving the safe pod and running around frantically searching for her cat and getting a blaster in the back never knowing, it somehow feels so much worse than her dying sheltering the cat on their doomed attempt to reach orbit in the damaged pod.

Sep 13, 2020
This needs updating I think on itch it says InfiniteStars-1.0322.1005 for Pc, Mac and Linux also they have it on Steam now. Well they reject my request to get it updated to the latest

Last edited:

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
It does need to be updated yea
This needs updating I think on itch it says InfiniteStars-1.0322.1005 for Pc, Mac and Linux also they have it on Steam now. Well they reject my request to get it updated to the latest
It does need to be updated yeah. The latest Patreon release (with NSFW content) is 1.0322.1021 with a huge chunk of content coming very soon. (A week or two)

Sadly, I have no control over the updated thread, as I wasn't the creator of the thread.

(Hold up, why is it available for public? I think I forgot to mark it as Patron Only... I'll have to remember to fix that when I get a chance.) ;)

Last edited:

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
The ui seems nonsensical, different for the sake of being different. Characters designs are also dumb, long hair in space and eyebags galore. A bit too much time spent on talking about relationships and cats with about to die survivor, I just wanted to shoot her face and see her cat being shot into space. Logic is out the window with alien convo too. Zero hints about anything sexy happening in the intro either, the intro is too focused worrying about fucking kyle and the cat.

What is this shit then
adsd.png

Larsung

May 29, 2018
hmm this one is out for some time and no complains praises etc? whats wrong with that game at this time there should be at leat 30-40 pages of discussions and about 15+ reviews!?

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
The ui seems nonsensical, different for the sake of being different. Characters designs are also dumb, long hair in space and eyebags galore. A bit too much time spent on talking about relationships and cats with about to die survivor, I just wanted to shoot her face and see her cat being shot into space. Logic is out the window with alien convo too. Zero hints about anything sexy happening in the intro either, the intro is too focused worrying about fucking kyle and the cat.

What is this shit then
View attachment 2127652
It's a slow burn for sure. We only recently started adding adult content. That said if you're looking for a quick sex scene, this isn't it. There is a larger focus on character development and romance, which is a two bladed sword. Less sexy times initially, but also a bit more meaningful when they do arrive. <3

3.90 star(s) 12 Votes