balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
It's not bad but it's definitely got a case of trying to make up fantasy words by sticking apostrophes into the middle. For whatever reason every new fantasy (and even sci-fi) writer thinks that's the key.

I'm not a huge fan of deciding on relationships based on one choice in the very beginning, before you really have a chance to know or care about a character. It can allow for more differentiated relationships but it also feels very restrictive.

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
It's not bad but it's definitely got a case of trying to make up fantasy words by sticking apostrophes into the middle. For whatever reason every new fantasy (and even sci-fi) writer thinks that's the key.

I'm not a huge fan of deciding on relationships based on one choice in the very beginning, before you really have a chance to know or care about a character. It can allow for more differentiated relationships but it also feels very restrictive.
Ne'ho tahib! (Kind Greetings, Ne'ho originating from the Mandarin word "Nǐ hǎo")

The made up language spoken is a Creole language called Mushkaraq. It's loosely based on a mixture of Spanish, Arabic and Chinese from the laborer's that built the Lunar and other off-planet infrastructure. Old English isn't really spoken anymore, but is still referenced like we still reference certain Latin words and phrases. The apostrophes are akin to the pronunciation of the Hebrew letter "Aleph" - I can't speak on behalf of the other fantasy and scifi authors, but that's my reasoning. Hope that makes sense! in this post from two years ago. <3

I do agree with your observation about deciding on a relationship from the start. I can't fix it now, but what I can do is to give players a second chance to "change" their relationship after getting to know the character better! Thanks for the insight! I'm excited to implement this in the future!

Last edited:

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Your responses to the comments here make me want to try it. Hope there's lots of Aliens to... uh, befriend. yea.
Try it! Go ahead! At worst you'll waste 4-6 hours of your life, hate it, and gain a new rival (me for recommending the game). At best, you'll find a new favourite game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh, yeah the alien kinky times will be added eventually but you'll need some patience before we get there. We still have to add Veera, Mayvheen, Raymond and Matthias' intimate routes first. <3

• Haha
Reactions: goodwaffle

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
As soon as the whole pronoun business popped up I knew it was time to delete this.
Its not that bad here as in other similar games. In those other games with "pronoun business", no matter which one you chose, you'd still feels like playing a bisexual female protagonist. Here my confident male mc behave like one most of the time.

Reactions: infinitestarsdev

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Got to the end of content. All in all it's got the charms of a good episode of Star Trek. The dialogue could do with a bit of polishing, at times there's a sense of 'excessive acknowledgement' that can feel redundant when clipping a sentence or so would make for a better line, but overall you get a good amount of sci-fi and a good amount of drama that comes from people facing the prospect of their imminent death.

Most of what I'd criticize would come back to feeling that some of the relationship transitions, if you venture into those, can feel very abrupt in an awkward way or - like I mentioned before - like you're making a big decision based on whether or not to casually flirt. Cleaning that up would go a long way.

Reactions: infinitestarsdev

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
As soon as the whole pronoun business popped up I knew it was time to delete this.
It's picking a gender for your character.

Shame you feel that way, you'd also miss out on games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout, Elder Scrolls ... pretty much any MMO really, even some FPS games have got in on it, and any MMO on the market.

They all have gender select too.

Shame picking a gender offends you so much.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Just because the game allows you to pick your pronoun doesn't mean it's trying to be "woke". It's the equivalent of choosing whether you want to play male or female in every other game that gives you the option. Every Elder Scrolls and Fallout game has this feature; are those games too "woke" for you, too?

I mean, if this is too triggering for you then I wonder how you'd react to anything published by "Choice of Games" and "Hosted Games". They specialize in CYOAs that allow you to customize your MC as male, female, non-binary and sometimes trans and their sexual preference as straight, bi, gay, asexual, with the occasional poly. Your brain would implode.

In all honesty, you strike me as someone who doesn't have a lot of experience with videogames because anyone else would have interpreted it for what it is but you went straight to politics...

Last edited:

kristijanEX

May 25, 2020
It's picking a gender for your character.

Shame you feel that way, you'd also miss out on games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout, Elder Scrolls ... pretty much any MMO really, even some FPS games have got in on it, and any MMO on the market.

They all have gender select too.

Shame picking a gender offends you so much.
I was just starting DA Inquisition, it doesn't let you choose pronoun, it lets you choose gender. Not the same, he might not accept 'They'.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
WTF Kiara pushed me on the bed and I didn't get a sex scene ? I had adult content turned on, where is it ?
Yea, I expected more. Just got to that spot and came back here to check. Hopefully, it's an adult content bug causing the scene to skip. Cuz if not... damn. That'd be some half-assed shit. :confused:

kristijanEX

May 25, 2020
Yea, I expected more. Just got to that spot and came back here to check. Hopefully, it's an adult content bug causing the scene to skip. Cuz if not... damn. That'd be some half-assed shit. :confused:
From what I read in the OP, I'm assuming that there are no scenes until the later updates because that wasn't the focus of the game...I mean what adult game has an adult content function smh ? That should have been a tip off.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
From what I read in the OP, I'm assuming that there are no scenes until the later updates because that wasn't the focus of the game...I mean what adult game has an adult content function smh ? That should have been a tip off.
Well... there should at least be writing describing lewd scenes if that's the case. I'm fine waiting on commissioned art or whatever. Fade to black with very little context ain't it. :/

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I understand the desire for alien booty (I'm kind of a xenophile myself) but... I just don't see how it would make sense lore wise.

Aug 8, 2017
I understand the desire for alien booty (I'm kind of a xenophile myself) but... I just don't see how it would make sense lore wise.

For what the spoiler titles mean, see the evil website:

Reactions: DwingF9
3.90 star(s) 12 Votes