3.90 star(s) 11 Votes

darkWolf.01

Jul 2, 2017
Sad to hear this one is on hold. It showed potential.

Would someone kindly explain how people fraud via Patreon? Do people pledge, get the game, then cancel?

As for hardware, many variables can affect render time. Scene complexity (number of characters, target resolution, number of objects and lights, reflection/glass, etc.) and software suite all can affect render time substantially.

My guess is he would save 60%+ using a high end consumer setup. A quick test of a stock gen3 female put in the daz exercise room with a few additional lights took about 17m @1080p with 2x1080ti.

While render time is a big issue, creating an interesting scene, using the right camera angle and posing, and lighting it properly is far more time consuming in my experience.

-Thora-
lulz, would like to know how long it would take me on my single gtx760:oops:

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I dont understand how worse games can have more supporters than this masterpiece.
Honestly this game should get more recognition, ( good plot, well developed characters, amazing world setting) what else can you ask for?
This game has only been around for about two months but it takes time and effort to attract enough attention to increase the number of Patreons. This guy made the mistake of thinking he could make easy money by putting out an adult game, because aren't all these games bringing in thousands of dollars per month? I didn't see this game promoted on any other adult site so he should have been thankful for what little he had.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
This game has only been around for about two months but it takes time and effort to attract enough attention to increase the number of Patreons. This guy made the mistake of thinking he could make easy money by putting out an adult game, because aren't all these games bringing in thousands of dollars per month? I didn't see this game promoted on any other adult site so he should have been thankful for what little he had.
The developer has said that this was a side project for him to do in his spare time. Patreon funds were for hiring help and buying a video card. Where did you see him say that this was a money project or that he thought he could make easy money from it?

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
The developer has said that this was a side project for him to do in his spare time. Patreon funds were for hiring help and buying a video card. Where did you see him say that this was a money project or that he thought he could make easy money from it?

The post on his Patreon states that he can no longer continue the game because he is out of money. He even goes as far as posting his income graphs for a two month period to hammer home his point. This is not an action of someone who was just doing this as a hobby.

Reactions: Centurion

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
The post on his Patreon states that he can no longer continue the game because he is out of money. He even goes as far as posting his income graphs for a two month period to hammer home his point. This is not an action of someone who was just doing this as a hobby.

From your link -

"I am sorry, but some things in my life are changed and my budget is depleted."

"I took extra work to cover my own expenses and now I can’t combine rendering and working on the same computer."

"Things in my life are changed" sounds to me like something unexpected happened as they do sometimes. Car dies, roof starts leaking....... Here in the US, 80% of people don't have $1,000 to cover non-ordinary expenses.

It's possible that you're right but I have no idea what happened so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: xןʞ

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
@darkWolf.01 - I don't have access to a system with a gtx760, but hardware makes a big difference. The same test scene on a friend's 6 cores/gtx980 system took over 57m !!

It's sad to see creators struggle and abandon projects. But the harsh reality is that few games will make it or even earn enough to cover their development costs. Hoping or expecting to break even after a few months is... unwise.

Every such failure is a stark reminder to continue supporting the creators and content I care about. Every dollar counts!

-Thora-

Reactions: Nottravis

MrJ

Sep 13, 2017

Hope it won't be on hold forever. I really loved the game. The story and setting is pretty fun (there are some plot holes ofc, but for this kind of game it's Oscar worthy really).

Fuck yes! BEST. Game. EVER.
JC, Paul and the gang.

Reactions: xןʞ

Shiibaa

Jan 26, 2018
not gonna lie, the dev could use some help with the game.. back his game guys, he needs new rig to update the game since his current rig r too slow and he's short on money for more 3D models.

the story r well made and renders are goddamn god tier

Reactions: Centurion

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
People gotta realize that yeah, unless you get really lucky you're probably not going to make a profit making patreon games, so you better be doing it becasue you actually like the idea of doing it, not to make money.

The DCs and Lewdlab days are over for any new dev, never gonna happen, hell even making it to the 1k+ a month is very rare compared to how many patreon games are out there.

And even if you are at 1k that doesn't necessarily mean you are going to make a profit. My man philly is making over 1k a month now and he's pretty much not even breaking even yet from what he's put in(hell, one scene cost him $400) but he does it because he loves doing it, not to get rich.

People gotta learn that this isn't an actual job and never will be.

MrJ

Sep 13, 2017
People gotta realize that yeah, unless you get really lucky you're probably not going to make a profit making patreon games, so you better be doing it becasue you actually like the idea of doing it, not to make money.

The DCs and Lewdlab days are over for any new dev, never gonna happen, hell even making it to the 1k+ a month is very rare compared to how many patreon games are out there.

And even if you are at 1k that doesn't necessarily mean you are going to make a profit. My man philly is making over 1k a month now and he's pretty much not even breaking even yet from what he's put in(hell, one scene cost him $400) but he does it because he loves doing it, not to get rich.

Absolutley true!

I think another problem is that this Patreon-Game Thing is a little shady.
You have a decent amount of so called "Devs" who are just milking their customers. I'm so fed up with the all the excuses i have already read from all different devs.
And even if you just pledge a couple of bucks a month, you are really disappointed when new versions are regulary postponed and (even worse) are just mini-updates.

uiop505

Oct 8, 2017
This developer must be a real fan of DC. I saw a bunch of references to DC shows:
"Martin Stein"
"Crystal" being similar to The Flash's "Philosopher's Stone box", both seeming as if they don't exist.

Developers are able to take inspiration even from unusual sources such as super hero TV shows hmmm. Neat.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

It was always a little hard to make it even before this crack down but now it is even harder the best way is to have a twitter and other social media accounts and post your games everywhere the more people see and hear about it increases the chance of finding donors/backers.

DiamondPilot

Oct 23, 2017
Loved the game but now it is officially dead!!!

Here is the email I received from the dev:

"Hello everyone. Two months have passed since last update and I am back with bad news again. Over the past months I tried to earn money for continuing to work on the game, but I failed. Things are pretty bad. My earnings sucks and in addition, cryptocurrencies are rising again, so prices of the video cards are not falling, but rising too. In the light of all of that, I decided to stop development of the game completely. I can’t afford it now and I can’t afford it in the near future. I’m sorry, I was very stupid when I started development without considering all possible scenarios.

I will close my patreon page in few days (I will unpatron everyone who left, so you won’t have any troubles with pledges on the dead page), because I don’t want to bring false hopes to you and especially to myself.

I’m sorry, I failed you and I failed this game."

This is why I don't support games until they reach a certain point, way to many abandoned games on my list with very few in a completed status!!

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Loved the game but now it is officially dead!!!

Here is the email I received from the dev:

"Hello everyone. Two months have passed since last update and I am back with bad news again. Over the past months I tried to earn money for continuing to work on the game, but I failed. Things are pretty bad. My earnings sucks and in addition, cryptocurrencies are rising again, so prices of the video cards are not falling, but rising too. In the light of all of that, I decided to stop development of the game completely. I can’t afford it now and I can’t afford it in the near future. I’m sorry, I was very stupid when I started development without considering all possible scenarios.

I will close my patreon page in few days (I will unpatron everyone who left, so you won’t have any troubles with pledges on the dead page), because I don’t want to bring false hopes to you and especially to myself.

I’m sorry, I failed you and I failed this game."

This is why I don't support games until they reach a certain point, way to many abandoned games on my list with very few in a completed status!!
What the fuck i really loved this game and let me guess no way to continue this game he most likely won't allow others to take over?

Reactions: Namco15
3.90 star(s) 11 Votes