3.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Phatez

Dec 2, 2017
1. It was a joke. A satire. A commentary on modern life.
2. Shadow of War is not a game. It's an app made to steal stupid people's money. If you want to play a real game check out Metal Gear Sold 3: Snake Eater.
Snake eater is a good game, for ps2 erra, the really good games have shit graphics, so look back to nes, sega,3DO, and ps1 for the really good games. Granted there were some duds in there, but it seems the way of things that as graphics continue to improve, immersive story line and game quality plummets. The only exception to this rule it seems, is adult games. Graphics go up, quality of game goes up, despite the story line XD. No but seriously, played so many H-games without really knowing what was going on, if anyone has a good adult game with a great story but mediocure graphics lemme know, because it has to be a hidden gem. Please don't point out any of the rpg-maker, same textures on everything even when playing a game from someone else, and predictable story line with a little bit of grind or laughable puzzle here or there, its bs. Please, that would be awesome, and thank you.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Directly form Patreon:

Yesterday was charging day and as always some of the patrons blocked their transaction.

I am not blaming anyone, it’s up to you support me or not, but due to my current financial situation, I can’t continue development of the “Infinity”.

I have already spent too much money for 3D models and I cannot continue to do it.

Obviously, in the last month earnings were a bit higher, but it is still not enough to cover expenses.

I am sorry, but some things in my life are changed and my budget is depleted.

Moreover, money is the main problem, but not the only one for this project.

Second problem is the rendering time. Average time for renders with my shitty hardware is 1.5 (+some time for building the scene) hours for each. So I need at least 200 hours for rendering all of the images for each update.

I took extra work to cover my own expenses and now I can’t combine rendering and working on the same computer.

I understand that no one will ever support me after this, but I don’t want to drop this game just like that. So I will back to the development when I will upgrade my hardware by my own and I will earn enough money for completing of the game (including editing service).

Again, I’m sorry about this situation, I hope that you will understand my reason.

SicFran

May 7, 2017
What a shame indeed. Renders were quite good and story while not 2001SpaceOddysey level it still brought some sort of setting, unlike the other "gonna fuck em all, hurhur".

On other note, anybody experience enough with rendering around? What stands for "shitty hardware" in this case? Or at least any guess for approximate hw level that produces renders of this quality in 1,5h?
Just to have some baseline for comparison as quality of renders varies highly in "projects" presented on f95zone.

Reactions: Namco15

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I hope this does not get abandoned since it is well developed. Good story and renders

Aprilsun

Oct 15, 2017
Truely a sad day!. This is among the best new games atm and it would have been nice to see how ended. I understand your decision to stop, I'm a patroen of your game and it hurts to see people fraud a good Dev.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I guess I'm not inclined to be sympathetic. If hes spending beyond his income that's on him he has more than enough existing stuff to keep making it.

Hardware is a different story, but he knew that going in. but since he can leave it to render while sleeping or when he leaves for work he makes up 120 hours that he doesn't need to dedicate of his own time to rendering. That leaves him a little less than 3 hours a day needed for finish.

Anyone who starts with income in mind end up like this. They see many patreons quit their sub just before paytime so they get what they want without paying for it. If he had a good mind, he would charge by the update. But you cannot expect to launch a title and immediately support yourself on it. Nothing works this way, you gotta work for it.

Reactions: Boogie

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
omg Deus Ex references on my f95

best day ever

Reactions: MrJ

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Ya sucks that he had to put it on hold rather was enjoying this one... But at the same time he started doing this for the money and these guys never last....

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
Directly form Patreon:

Yesterday was charging day and as always some of the patrons blocked their transaction.

I am not blaming anyone, it’s up to you support me or not, but due to my current financial situation, I can’t continue development of the “Infinity”.

I have already spent too much money for 3D models and I cannot continue to do it.

Obviously, in the last month earnings were a bit higher, but it is still not enough to cover expenses.

I am sorry, but some things in my life are changed and my budget is depleted.

Moreover, money is the main problem, but not the only one for this project.

Second problem is the rendering time. Average time for renders with my shitty hardware is 1.5 (+some time for building the scene) hours for each. So I need at least 200 hours for rendering all of the images for each update.

I took extra work to cover my own expenses and now I can’t combine rendering and working on the same computer.

I understand that no one will ever support me after this, but I don’t want to drop this game just like that. So I will back to the development when I will upgrade my hardware by my own and I will earn enough money for completing of the game (including editing service).

Again, I’m sorry about this situation, I hope that you will understand my reason.

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Sad to hear this one is on hold. It showed potential.

Would someone kindly explain how people fraud via Patreon? Do people pledge, get the game, then cancel?

As for hardware, many variables can affect render time. Scene complexity (number of characters, target resolution, number of objects and lights, reflection/glass, etc.) and software suite all can affect render time substantially.

My guess is he would save 60%+ using a high end consumer setup. A quick test of a stock gen3 female put in the daz exercise room with a few additional lights took about 17m @1080p with 2x1080ti.

While render time is a big issue, creating an interesting scene, using the right camera angle and posing, and lighting it properly is far more time consuming in my experience.

-Thora-

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Oh man.. was just coming into the thread to post about how the last update was nice and was looking forward to the next to read that the game is on hold. Bummer.
Hope he can get back to it soon, instead of ending up abandoning the whole thing completely

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Sad to hear this one is on hold. It showed potential.

Would someone kindly explain how people fraud via Patreon? Do people pledge, get the game, then cancel?
Yes

As for hardware, many variables can affect render time. Scene complexity (number of characters, target resolution, number of objects and lights, reflection/glass, etc.) and software suite all can affect render time substantially.

My guess is he would save 60%+ using a high end consumer setup. A quick test of a stock gen3 female put in the daz exercise room with a few additional lights took about 17m @1080p with 2x1080ti.

While render time is a big issue, creating an interesting scene, using the right camera angle and posing, and lighting it properly is far more time consuming in my experience.

-Thora-
Problem is that he doesn't have a high end setup and he needs the PC he was using for his second job but is going to try to upgrade and resume the game development.

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
One of these days people won't use home resources to render anymore, but use something like golem.project or iex.ec to easily outsource the number crunching, but guess we're not there yet.

dunhill

May 3, 2017
i know this isn't a place to have a rant but, FUCK YOU BITCOIN AND FUCK YOU PATREON!!!! :mad::mad: YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!! :test3::test3: YA I KNOW I'M SALTY LIKE A MOFO!!!

this got to be one of the better adult games out there (i personally will rank it next to Dreams of Desire).... this game dev had to slow down because he wasn't getting enough supporters (maybe due to the fact that patreon is trying to hide adult devs on their site and you can't even find them easily again FU patreon) the other reason is that he needed the money to buy new hardware (because of bitcoin and other such scams, video cards has been priced out of existence, if idiots didn't get it by now bitcoin and others like it is a huge pyramid scheme only the ppl at the very start made money on it.. it cost more in electricity to get a bitcoin than its valued... so FU bitcoins)....

the game dev is a cool dude, he was upfront and honest and from his updates he did put in the time and effort...

3.90 star(s) 11 Votes