3.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
The post on his Patreon states that he can no longer continue the game because he is out of money. He even goes as far as posting his income graphs for a two month period to hammer home his point. This is not an action of someone who was just doing this as a hobby.

Abandoned? Aww hell. I liked this game too.

On a slightly more serious note, if the dev abandoned the game, they weren't doing it for a hobby. I'm making my game as a hobby, I'd like to turn it into a lucrative career but shit happens. Been working on the game for almost a year, moral support has been great, financial support... not so much, nevertheless, still going strong. These devs in it just for the money should just say it.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Abandoned? Aww hell. I liked this game too.

On a slightly more serious note, if the dev abandoned the game, they weren't doing it for a hobby. I'm making my game as a hobby, I'd like to turn it into a lucrative career but shit happens. Been working on the game for almost a year, moral support has been great, financial support... not so much, nevertheless, still going strong. These devs in it just for the money should just say it.
To be fair the that creator said he needed a new/better graphics card.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
To be fair the that creator said he needed a new/better graphics card.
I'm using a GTX 770. It takes 6+ hours to render anything decent. I'm not trying to hear that shit. There is nothing wrong with devs wanting to make money but to sit there and act like they aren't working or quit because of hardware limitations is bullshit. There are people out here with shit rigs putting in a lot of effort to produce content. No excuses. Especially with ren'py games. People will wait for/support a dev if they produce quality stuff. Hell, people will support devs even if they don't. It's ren'py, just make a game and collect the loot...

Reactions: MrJ and playb0y44

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I'm using a GTX 770. It takes 6+ hours to render anything decent. I'm not trying to hear that shit. There is nothing wrong with devs wanting to make money but to sit there and act like they aren't working or quit because of hardware limitations is bullshit. There are people out here with shit rigs putting in a lot of effort to produce content. No excuses. Especially with ren'py games. People will wait for/support a dev if they produce quality stuff. Hell, people will support devs even if they don't. It's ren'py, just make a game and collect the loot...
Can i ask what game/s are you working on and done? I agree somewhat with you but each case is different maybe he was only in it for money but maybe something else happened not sure all i do know is i'm sick of games getting abandoned.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Can i ask what game/s are you working on and done? I agree somewhat with you but each case is different maybe he was only in it for money but maybe something else happened not sure all i do know is i'm sick of games getting abandoned.
I don't know what this devs situation is, I'm just saying that the notion that the dev had to quit because their hardware wasn't good enough is bs. There may be some other things going on, but if that's the only reason...

My game is Dope's Lustful Adventures, it's RPGM so it may not be your thing. I'm a new dev, the game itself is relatively new, it's also my first game so I don't have any finished games to speak of as this one is still in development. I don't have any abandoned ones either though. I respond as people post to the thread on F95 but I update my Patreon frequently. Probably more so than most devs...

Reactions: Catwashere

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I don't know what this devs situation is, I'm just saying that the notion that the dev had to quit because their hardware wasn't good enough is bs. There may be some other things going on, but if that's the only reason...

My game is Dope's Lustful Adventures, it's RPGM so it may not be your thing. I'm a new dev, the game itself is relatively new, it's also my first game so I don't have any finished games to speak of as this one is still in development. I don't have any abandoned ones either though. I respond as people post to the thread on F95 but I update my Patreon frequently. Probably more so than most devs...
RPGM are okay as long as you are careful (referring to me) since losing saves is really hard getting them back. I'll check out the game i don't have a big issue with RPGM.

Reactions: Carmen Sandiego

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Genuine liked the game, sad to see that he decided to completely abandon it instead of possibly picking it up again some time in the future when possibilities allowed it, also found it funny that he blamed cryptogoons ruining everything for everyone once more

S

SteelRazer

Genuine liked the game, sad to see that he decided to completely abandon it instead of possibly picking it up again some time in the future when possibilities allowed it, also found it funny that he blamed cryptogoons ruining everything for everyone once more
You are right but you dont know in what situation he is apparently we cannot do anything about it. I also wish there wasnt any cryptobullshit so I could buy another gpu but even so he could continue his work, like nobody would blame him that updates are bimonthly instead of monthly.

Reactions: playb0y44

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
He was hurting for money and had to take a second job. His personal PC was adequate until the second job required him to use his only PC to pay the bills when he wasn't at his first job. I don't know what changed that made only a vid card the limiting factor but he's in a bad place financially and I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
He was hurting for money and had to take a second job. His personal PC was adequate until the second job required him to use his only PC to pay the bills when he wasn't at his first job. I don't know what changed that made only a vid card the limiting factor but he's in a bad place financially and I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Don't know. Either way, it's sad to see it go.

dunhill

May 3, 2017
i came here to see if the game dev is back but it seems that his Patreon page is gone and this game is officially dead :':)'(

this game was a gem.... maybe Dr sin (dreams of desire) could make this his next game...

Reactions: Namco15
3.90 star(s) 11 Votes