CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
View attachment 124052
Overview:
“After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you learn that he has left his estate to you in his will. Unsure of what to do, you decide to visit the mansion you have just inherited, only to discover that not only was your Great Uncle an owner of slaves, but that two of them still remain at the mansion, . . . anticipating your arrival. You meet Anna (21), an emotionally damaged woman who is haunted by the horrors she has experienced. As well as her sister Eve (18) who embodies the wonder of a child and who has been largely sheltered from the harsher realities of her situation. It is up to you how you proceed, do you use them as you please, following in your Great Uncle’s footstep? Or do you nurture them, giving them a brighter life than they have ever known, . . . and perhaps fall in love along the way?”

Thread Updated: 2019-01-02
Release Date: 2018-12-21
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship:None
Version: A22 Public Build
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

DOWNLOAD
- - - -

View attachment 34265 View attachment 34259 View attachment 34260
None of the images are showing for me! :(

Jayjayj

Aug 15, 2017
Can never seem to figure the logic behind the going to bed scenes. When you have a slave assigned sometimes theres a scene sometimes not. Also what time and how many hours you sleep seems a factor. I get that RNG is a part of the game but maybe not so much on certain scenes might be better?

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
There are a couple of reasons for this:

1. We have several volunteer authors working on the project. Each of them has their own NPC (Or in a couple of cases, two NPCs) that they focus their time on. The reason we handle it this was is that not only does it give contributors a chance to write what they want into the game, but it also helps keep writing styles seperate to specific NPCs so that small differences in writing style don't stand out nearly as much.
and
2. I have ADHD. If you don't know what that is, it boils down to a lot of nervous energy combined with the attention span of a goldfish. By having more than one character to write for, I am able to shift to a different character any time I feel my attention slipping. It looks like chaos to most people, but it helps me keep at least a little focused. It's not uncommon for me to have two or three scenes open and be bouncing between them every few minutes as I write.
Well that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Error:
Entering the kitchen you spot Mitsuko cleaning. Moving between the cupboards as she places the utensils where they belong, you notice the spices arranged in a categorized manner, making it easier to find certain ones while cooking. She places a knee on one of the counters, pulling herself onto it and she reaches for something further in.

If you ask her if she needs help you get the following:

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#1): Cannot read property 'affection' of undefined

By Irish Major Tom

Also this event fires all over the house, not just in the kitchen.

Typo:
From inside the house you can not hear the fain falling, but looking out the window you can see raindrops hitting the glass before trailing downward. You pause just long enough to watch as one raindrop makes it's way down the glass, each time it touches another drop of water it merges with it, only to hasten it's path downward until it races toward the bottom.

Gentle but steady rain, You think to yourself.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
None of the images are showing for me! :(
So long as the "Images" folder and your html file are in the same folder, then the pictures should appear properly within the game.

Can never seem to figure the logic behind the going to bed scenes. When you have a slave assigned sometimes theres a scene sometimes not. Also what time and how many hours you sleep seems a factor. I get that RNG is a part of the game but maybe not so much on certain scenes might be better?
Once NPC movement is properly in the game, that should sort most of this problem. We actually had it set up for a long time where the girls actually had to be present to trigger events, but a lot of people were complaining that they couldn't ever find scenes. I untethered the scenes from the girls presence to make the scenes easier to find and once proper movement is in place those will be changed back.

Wait, there are Christmas events? I withdraw my question from my last comment. But my suggestion of possible Christmas gift for Eve still stands. What? It's perfect!
There's actually quite a bit of content that takes place in December within the game. ;)

Well that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Glad I could be of service.

Reactions: Jayjayj

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
And what do you think about my suggestion for a perfect christmas gift for eve that I am going to put in spoiler down there, agan?

It's very cute. We did a Christmas gift for her, didn't go quite that direction.

Fun tip, sometimes different names unlock different scenes. Try talking with Eve when you have her calling you "Daddy."

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
A22 Cheat, the older readers may remember :p
I assume that after my barrage of reports, there won't be much changed in public A22. ;) Still, I fully intend to look again once home, I just sort of burned myself out a bit last time. ^^
A22 and A23 are set in stone at this point in time. As soon as I start adding content to the game for the next build, the previous one won't see further fixes. Everything reported in this thread over the last couple of days will appear in the A24 build.

I was on the dinner room and saw that both Mitsuko and Anna were available for interaction through the sidebar. I went on to talk with Mitsuko and decided to go with Personal Conversation, just after a Casual Conversation and this showed up:

• No Event Was Available**

You should not be seeing this, so please inform the developers. Include as much information as you can about what you were doing when you received this message.

Any chance you know roughly your relationship stats for her at the time this happened? That would help a lot in finding the gap(s) in her content so we could fill them.

And with that, I think I'm mostly caught up for the bug/spelling errors!

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Formatting error: Tv Event:
Seeing an unoccupied spot on the couch, you decide to sit down. Clearing your throat as you walk to the other end of the couch, Mitsuko looks up at you for a moment, her body slightly tenses up. �"Evening .�" You put on a friendly smile. �"May I join you?�" Her gaze still on you. �"Of course.�" Politely responding, she gestures to the spot next to her.

You seat yourself opposite of her. �"Evening�," She nods, turning her attention to the television. You pick your brain for a topic to converse with her about, something to lessen the tension in the air. Several seconds pass by, an awkward silence growing between the both of you. Unable to bear it much longer you speak up. �"Pretty interesting show, enjoying it?�" Her expression softening a little. �"I am, it has a nostalgic feeling to it.�" She hesitates for a moment before speaking softly. �"It reminds me of home.�" You nearly miss it.

�"What was your home like?�" Your question startles her for a moment. �"It was, quiet. Peaceful, yet quite chaotic at the same time.�" A faint smile, recalling memories of old. �"I use to play out in the fields behind our house, there was a stream not to far, we use to go swimming during the summer time. There were mountains as far as the eye could see.�" A doleful expression as she finishes.

�"What about you Sir?�" Seeing a chance to deepen your relationship. �"Just your normal, everyday family. Boring, typical, average. Oh, and crazy.�" Mitsuko giggles. �"It�'s late, thank you for the company.�" Standing up, she bows, turning towards the door you watch as she leaves.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Formatting error: Tv Event:
Seeing an unoccupied spot on the couch, you decide to sit down. Clearing your throat as you walk to the other end of the couch, Mitsuko looks up at you for a moment, her body slightly tenses up. �"Evening .�" You put on a friendly smile. �"May I join you?�" Her gaze still on you. �"Of course.�" Politely responding, she gestures to the spot next to her.

You seat yourself opposite of her. �"Evening�," She nods, turning her attention to the television. You pick your brain for a topic to converse with her about, something to lessen the tension in the air. Several seconds pass by, an awkward silence growing between the both of you. Unable to bear it much longer you speak up. �"Pretty interesting show, enjoying it?�" Her expression softening a little. �"I am, it has a nostalgic feeling to it.�" She hesitates for a moment before speaking softly. �"It reminds me of home.�" You nearly miss it.

�"What was your home like?�" Your question startles her for a moment. �"It was, quiet. Peaceful, yet quite chaotic at the same time.�" A faint smile, recalling memories of old. �"I use to play out in the fields behind our house, there was a stream not to far, we use to go swimming during the summer time. There were mountains as far as the eye could see.�" A doleful expression as she finishes.

�"What about you Sir?�" Seeing a chance to deepen your relationship. �"Just your normal, everyday family. Boring, typical, average. Oh, and crazy.�" Mitsuko giggles. �"It�'s late, thank you for the company.�" Standing up, she bows, turning towards the door you watch as she leaves.
That's a strange one. I'll see what I can learn, the source file looks fine.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Should be a simple case of double clicking the html to open the game in your browser.

I don't know how to go about setting it up as an exe.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
A22 and A23 are set in stone at this point in time. As soon as I start adding content to the game for the next build, the previous one won't see further fixes. Everything reported in this thread over the last couple of days will appear in the A24 build.

Any chance you know roughly your relationship stats for her at the time this happened? That would help a lot in finding the gap(s) in her content so we could fill them.

And with that, I think I'm mostly caught up for the bug/spelling errors!
This was shortly after I met her and, if I recall correctly, at that point her event had fired only once (the one with the picture)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
This was shortly after I met her and, if I recall correctly, at that point her event had fired only once (the one with the picture)
Alright, should be pretty close to her starting stats then. Thank you, that at least points me in the right direction.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Typo:
You're starting to get tired of waiting for Gaia when you notice her out of the corner of your eye. Turning your head slowly in an effort to not startle her, you see her looking back at you.

Crouched perhaps twenty feet away, she stares straight at you, making you feel just a little uneasy. Her expression is serious, like she's looking at something dangerous and is afraid that running might provoke an attack.

Reaching to your side where you had sat the second apple, you pick it up and hold it toward her. She glances at the apple, but makes no move to come take it.

"I think we need to find a way to earn your trust," You say, knowing she's unlikely to understand your words.

You can see her expression soften slightly as she looks at the apple. With a flick of your arm, you throw the apple to her. She catches it with ease and takes a quick bite out of it, "I brought it for you. I know all of this has to be strange to you, I know it is for me," You grimace, eliciting a curious look from Gaia, "I really do with I knew a better way to spend time with you so we could get to know one another better."

Reactions: GateKeeper
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes