GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
To be honest, it was mine too lol. I hope you make a unique dialogue with it too. It would be nice to read about her blushing when you call her that. (Or turn pale in absolute dread and fear if you're being a total monster, you monster!)
Added it to my list as something to write. Will likely do something small in the next build or two.

Zeinhold

Sep 20, 2017
In my defense, there was a lot of back end work done in this build, few submissions came in, it was the second build of October, and it's still more than 3x the amount of content that I promise even if it was a smaller build than normal from the player's perspective

All of that said, I've got four scenes written for the next build so far that I intend to start adding to the game as of tomorrow.

Mitsuko isn't among the diaries, but you're right that some of those are pretty harsh. Of anything I figured that those would be what puts players off, and I know some people avoid reading them just because of that.
I'll flat out admit I avoid those diaries like the plague. They get extremely disturbing. Which is good, cause it doesn't whitewash just how much of a total monster your relative was.

I think I remember reading that Mitsuko was sneaking around and looking at one of the diaries when you walk into a room (The Master Room if I'm not mistaken) Would be nice if you got an option to just look her in the eyes and say, "Feel free to take it. I'll warn you now though that the man who wrote those was a total monster." Or you know, just burn them out of disgust and so Anna and Eve don't have to accidentally read those.

Which actually makes me curious. If it's spoilers, you don't have to answer, but did Anna read those diaries when she saw them? Cause we all know she likes books (Romance novels, that are probably filled with vanilla acts like hand holding, that pervert). I can only imagine how she felt if she read the one about his plans with Eve.

Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I'll flat out admit I avoid those diaries like the plague. They get extremely disturbing. Which is good, cause it doesn't whitewash just how much of a total monster your relative was.

I think I remember reading that Mitsuko was sneaking around and looking at one of the diaries when you walk into a room (The Master Room if I'm not mistaken) Would be nice if you got an option to just look her in the eyes and say, "Feel free to take it. I'll warn you now though that the man who wrote those was a total monster." Or you know, just burn them out of disgust and so Anna and Eve don't have to accidentally read those.

Which actually makes me curious. If it's spoilers, you don't have to answer, but did Anna read those diaries when she saw them? Cause we all know she likes books (Romance novels, that are probably filled with vanilla acts like hand holding, that pervert). I can only imagine how she felt if she read the one about his plans with Eve.
The goal with the diaries has always been to show how dark the world can get. I feel that to truly appreciate the best in life, you must also understand the worst so you have context.

You should give the Belle diary a shot though. It's not dark, it's about the woman he loved and his helplessness in saving her. It doesn't excuse the horrible things that he did, but it does bring understanding of his motives.

The scene with Mitsuko looking through the diary is actually part of a story arc related to her that the author hasn't yet completed.

Anna had never read one of the diaries before the Great Uncle died. Afterward, she read a little bit. I won't go into more detail than that because I don't want to spoil some future plans.

Reactions: Zeinhold

Zeinhold

Sep 20, 2017
So here are my impressions of playing Inheritance for the 70th time. It's gonna basically a hundred and one questions for Gatekeeper and some of my thoughts while playing. Little warning though, this WILL contain some spoilers for scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So here are my impressions of playing Inheritance for the 70th time. It's gonna basically a hundred and one questions for Gatekeeper and some of my thoughts while playing. Little warning though, this WILL contain some spoilers for scenes.

Thank you for that. I skimmed it and saved all of it. Will be looking things over in more detail and trying to make improvements based on some of it. Very much appreciated.

Reactions: Zeinhold

Zeinhold

Sep 20, 2017
Noticed a small typo (or at the very least, it doesn't sound right to me) during the 'Find a book to read' with Eve scene. When Eve comes to ask about what you're reading, she says, "What you reading?"

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Noticed a small typo (or at the very least, it doesn't sound right to me) during the 'Find a book to read' with Eve scene. When Eve comes to ask about what you're reading, she says, "What you reading?"

I think that as a typo could be a bit debatable. I could see a phrase like that being used as an informal or playful greeting, the kind of attitude that Eve might have with low fear of the MC. Maybe something more like "Whatcha readin'?" would look a bit better if that's the attitude the writer was going for.

Zeinhold

Sep 20, 2017
I think that as a typo could be a bit debatable. I could see a phrase like that being used as an informal or playful greeting, the kind of attitude that Eve might have with low fear of the MC. Maybe something more like "Whatcha readin'?" would look a bit better if that's the attitude the writer was going for.
Yeah, I didn't think it was much of a typo myself, which is why I added that it didn't sound right to me.

'Whatcha readin?' sounds like something a low fear Eve would say, and it does sound better to me tbh. If she had a Middle (or even high) fear, you could put something like 'W-What are you reading?' just to show how different she acts around you.

Frostlock

Nov 13, 2020
Well, I've got a massive thing for Jen, human nature to want what we can't have I guess.

Purely out of curiosity, is there any data on the cruel to kind ratio among the player base?, I'm firmly in the kind camp but it would be interesting to know which is more common.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Well, I've got a massive thing for Jen, human nature to want what we can't have I guess.

Purely out of curiosity, is there any data on the cruel to kind ratio among the player base?, I'm firmly in the kind camp but it would be interesting to know which is more common.
Don't think so but maybe in future?

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
But...if they did come up with a result from the player base, that could only be done by tracking the games and having them phone home.... right?
Sry, that's a hard pass for me

Frostlock

Nov 13, 2020
But...if they did come up with a result from the player base, that could only be done by tracking the games and having them phone home.... right?
Sry, that's a hard pass for me
uhh..I was thinking more along the lines of 'ask them' honestly. Maybe a poll or something, I was only curious anyway.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Wasn't doggin ya, more just thinking out loud. I'm curious as well about that. Mainly I very much appreciate the fact that we even have the option to go either way in this game. I tried another game which ended up being extremely dark such as torturing and killing your slaves....
I tried starting out mean this time w Inheritance....lasted a couple days before switching back to nice...guess I'm too wimpy...

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
With this latest update, 46, I went to work at The Joker. It had all sorts of errors associated with it, and no pictures. I'll save the errors next time.... Also was only paid $20 per shift.

So I just went back to the quickie mart and worked continuously for a couple months without leaving. Built up funds that way.

Would love to see another button at some point w Initiate sex with Anna AND Eve. Threesome.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Yeah, I didn't think it was much of a typo myself, which is why I added that it didn't sound right to me.

'Whatcha readin?' sounds like something a low fear Eve would say, and it does sound better to me tbh. If she had a Middle (or even high) fear, you could put something like 'W-What are you reading?' just to show how different she acts around you.
I'll make a note of it and take a look when I have a bit of time. I THINK she simply doesn't approach you at all with the low stat range in that one, but I could be mistaken

I asked once quite some time back. About 60% went "Good" with a fairly even split between "Mean" and "Everything" for the rest of it. I don't remember the exact numbers, but that's roughly where things fell.

With this latest update, 46, I went to work at The Joker. It had all sorts of errors associated with it, and no pictures. I'll save the errors next time.... Also was only paid $20 per shift.

So I just went back to the quickie mart and worked continuously for a couple months without leaving. Built up funds that way.

Would love to see another button at some point w Initiate sex with Anna AND Eve. Threesome.
We are aware of the Joker bug and have it fixed in A47.

The problem with Anna and Eve together is that it's technically incest. Patreon sometimes bans creators for that kind of content, and since creating games is how I pay the bills and feed my family, I'm not tempting fate. It's a topic I want to explore eventually, but until I have a much more reliable income through SubscribeStar it's not a risk I'm willing to take while there are so many other things that can be done in the meantime.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I'll make a note of it and take a look when I have a bit of time. I THINK she simply doesn't approach you at all with the low stat range in that one, but I could be mistaken

I asked once quite some time back. About 60% went "Good" with a fairly even split between "Mean" and "Everything" for the rest of it. I don't remember the exact numbers, but that's roughly where things fell.

We are aware of the Joker bug and have it fixed in A47.

The problem with Anna and Eve together is that it's technically incest. Patreon sometimes bans creators for that kind of content, and since creating games is how I pay the bills and feed my family, I'm not tempting fate. It's a topic I want to explore eventually, but until I have a much more reliable income through SubscribeStar it's not a risk I'm willing to take while there are so many other things that can be done in the meantime.
Good call, I completely understand and don't blame you a bit. I wouldn't tempt them either. I suppose an option could also be that since I have them both sleeping w me, I could initiate sex with Anna, then suddenly feel Eve's finger probing me while she's masturbating...or after finishing w Anna, I would roll over and have Eve come clean me off or take care of her if she is masturbating or if she begs me since she was watching..... Might be considered 2 events that way rather than 1 with incest. Anyway. You're doing a fantastic job and we appreciate it.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Good call, I completely understand and don't blame you a bit. I wouldn't tempt them either. I suppose an option could also be that since I have them both sleeping w me, I could initiate sex with Anna, then suddenly feel Eve's finger probing me while she's masturbating...or after finishing w Anna, I would roll over and have Eve come clean me off or take care of her if she is masturbating or if she begs me since she was watching..... Might be considered 2 events that way rather than 1 with incest. Anyway. You're doing a fantastic job and we appreciate it.
I would like to add that long-time game dev, RyenSaotome, got banned in part for "incest roleplay." Like, having sex with an anime harpy monster that pretends to be your daughter, not even blood related.

Aftermath will get nuked if they do real incest, cause Patreon's likes to shit on devs.

So yeah, best not to get even close to the whole "incest" stuff, as much as i like it:cry:

Zeinhold

Sep 20, 2017

I can't see her approaching at really high fear. But, I CAN see her approaching at maybe around Mid-Fear. Like, I can see her being hopeful that maybe you're not all bad and you might've just been cranky or something when you were mean. Her thought process would PROBABLY be, "He can't be as bad as his uncle...R-right?"

And then you can either put her worries to rest and be nice to her when she approaches hesitantly like a scared rabbit, OR you can be a total monster and merely confirm her fears. That you're WORSE than your uncle (Which would actually be quite an accomplishment and honestly makes me sick just thinking about being worse than THAT.).

...Or just ignore her as well lol. "Maybe he doesn't want me bothering him...? Does he like books as much as Anna?"

I think about this game a bit too much lol. I always think of different scenarios like this when I read the scenes.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build of Inheritance is live!

Join us on Discord!

Join us on Reddit!

Check out our WIKI!

\

The public build is always free. Give it a look, and if you enjoy it, please consider a small pledge to help support further development of this game.

Links:
A48 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with Early Access):

A48 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A47 Public Build: (Free):

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
New build of Inheritance is live!

Join us on Discord!

Join us on Reddit!

Check out our WIKI!

\

The public build is always free. Give it a look, and if you enjoy it, please consider a small pledge to help support further development of this game.

Links:
A48 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with Early Access):

A48 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A47 Public Build: (Free):

Fuck....

Thank you so much for the newest build, but....I can't access my save file from the previous version (A46).

Error Message:

.birthday must be an integer (received: number).

Aborting.

My File:

What should I do?

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes