Crusado

Jan 21, 2020
Just downloaded the game and I'm enjoying it so far. I think the art is decent and works for what the game is going for. I think the animations are okay as they look kind of rough but I think that's just to the developers lack of experience. I could see the art and animations getting better as they develop the game more. I like the characters so far, especially the centaur as she reminds me of Cerea from Monster Musume. I also really like the relationship choice options right now like with the goblin girl.

The grind for developing relationships with the girls feels like a bit much compared to the grind for money/inn mechanics. I wish that the gift giving mechanic could extend to the other girls to speed things up. I feel like it takes a little too long to get to scenes. For the money issue an idea could be on more options to spend money like through 'investing' in other businesses or like building extensions onto the inn like an adventure's guild outpost or something. Other then that the grind isn't bad.

Also, I don't know if I missed it but is there like a quest journal? If not it could help with what to do next for girls like the horseshoe metal and the elf girl owlbear book.

All in all I'm looking forward to more updates!

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
I'm hoping for different positions with the girls, especially Maria as I wasn't
as fond of that scene, but I still liked it. Hopefully mounting her from and in behind will come along.....lol
I'm inclined to agree with you. But for different reasons.

I'm a computer engineer. My wife is an arist and she has a rescue horse (mare). The Mare is a rescue horse and what we didn't know when we got her is how much back trama the poor girl suffered/s from. We figured out when she was younger something happened and she broke her withers. They healed badly, but she's been compensating ever since throwing her back and hips utterly out of alignment.
Years of chiro, and other adjustments she's no longer in so much pain and is no way near the bossy mare she was originally. Funny thing about being in constant pain, no?

Any way, because of being around a female horse a lot, and knowing a lot more than I ever thought I would about their skeletal structure let alone our own (I suffered a buldging disk in my neck so I looked up info myself) and for Maria to be bent around like that is NOT going to be comfortable for anything longer than a few seconds. Honestly, her standing, laying down on her side, or even an upright laying down would be much much more comfortable.

Maria offers an interesting opportunity for... health bondage also. Horses are normally put down/killed when they break a leg. Why? They won't remain still so they have to have a lot of care and pretty much be hung up in a sling so they can't put any weight on their leg. Given Maria's attitude so far (can't sit still, must travel/work), bed rest if she does break a leg could provide some interesting... bed side distractions. hoisted up offers the MC interesting opportunities to inspect her body as well.
Quadropeds and inclines, in perticular steps, are pretty difficult as such is not normal for their frames typically. Going down is a lot harder than up. Slip, fall, broken bone. Easy for them and us.

Reactions: dagotto

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
I'm hoping for different positions with the girls, especially Maria as I wasn't
as fond of that scene, but I still liked it. Hopefully mounting her from and in behind will come along.....lol
Tough character to figure sex scenes with.

Would really like some more sex scenes w Vera. I think she's my fav.

Actually would really like some hugging and kissing affection with all the characters.

Also a Shortcut button on the main screen in the top right corner that toggles between the MC's
room and the Front desk.

I realize there's a shortcut on the map screen. But it would be really nice to have the shortcut(s) on the main
screen handy so I don't have to go up and down the stairs each time or go outside to access the bed shortcut.

Thanks for everything
Rock On

OH and another thing...lol....sry....
But, Thanks for doing such a great job with the spelling and grammar. It's such a relief.
Several other games are simply too hard to play because of so many errors.

Cheers
Yea, bad English is a pet peeve of mine, so I wanted to make sure this game had good grammar and spelling (No hate on non-native English speakers, though)
The shortcut button to the desk is a pretty good QoL change, I'll look into putting that in in the future.

Ya I thought also not utilizing Maria's obvious armored-melons was kind of a waste. I guess any other position would have SMASHED the MC to bits (which Vera would have to clean off the walls!). Centaurs are probably the hardest to perform on u might need Ritsuki's help to double-team Maria (Ritsuki works the front and u mount her from the rear). dagotto are we restricted to only the women who stay at the inn? or can we venture out?

Vera's one scene only was kinda disappointing, but i guess asking her for "doggy-style" would be a bit misunderstood by her. haha.
I guess there could be a plot which leads u to removing her slave collar than that frees her to do more variety.

Also for Alice the 3rd scene when ur accessing the memories u have to replay the whole scene from when ur outside the room, all the dialogue etc before getting to the actual scene (no way to start from the kissing scene? that scene has to be one piece?)

there is still these women being left out:
Beth <-- probably combine with Tarria and solve her size problems
Sacha <-- probably a 3-way with Gregor or they may have some freaky sex stuff in that cabin of theirs
Sonia
Ritsuki <-- as mentioned above
Kirana
Camilla <-- behind the bookshelves I guess

dun think anyone wants to invite the dwarf guy haha
Vera is coming in the next major update! She will be the main focus, though other characters (particularly Beth) will also be making appearances. The other side characters will also be coming soon!
As for Alice, if you just want to get to the fun part for her cowgirl scene, I recommend talking to her in her room after finishing her storyline ^^

K wait this bug still exists:

When u first invite Tarria to stay at ur inn, and she wants to meet u outside ur inn before u show her room to her. but if u do this at night (at ZZZ time), the screen after will be this black (only the red arrows remain, the staircase and exit door of the inn's hotspots are gone) so ur kinda stuck (u have to mousewheel ur way back)

This is the screen just before:

If u meet her outside ur Inn at night (at *** time) its okay, this bug only happens if u meet her at night (at ZZZ time)
Huh, this is quite the edge case bug. I'll fix it for the next update. Thanks for posting it!

This is a pretty fun game, but there's too much needless clicking. A few suggestions:

1. Let players use the map from their rooms instead of having to go downstairs...again...to the bar...to the door...and then the map.

2. Let players click on a 'return to your room' button from anywhere. Or have a popup ask if you want to do so at the end of the day (since you can't do anything else).

3. When looking at short-term rooms, have the 'clean', 'repair' and 'decorate' buttons replaced by 'clean (VERA)', 'clean (YOU)' etc. This would mean one less click each time it happens, which is...a lot.

4. It would be nice if the game automatically had Vera ask if you wanted her to clean/decorate/repair when you left the inn, so you don't forget. Or maybe just have her automatically do one of the three every day?

The game would also benefit from a little more transparency about progress. For example:

5. When you raise a stat ("Intelligence + 0.2"), it would be nice to have the game tell you what your stat is ("Intelligence + 0.2, now 43.7 of 100").

6. It would be nice if the game gave you an indicator that you need to repair/decorate/clean. The obvious (but harder) option would be to have images on the inn screens - garbage and dust for cleaning, holes and broken furniture for repair, bare surfaces for decorate - that you could see as you walked through it. The easier option would be to have the game tell you during the nightly total "You had 1 guest and made 12 gold" -> "Several guests complained about the mess in their rooms" or "A group of merchants decided not to stay when they saw the holes in the roof" or whatever. Or perhaps Vera could say something like "one of the guests spilled soup all over the stairs..." and cleanliness could go down by 2.

General Quality of Life improvements:

7. While it might be cheating, I'd like to see the faces of the girls on the map next to their location. It would help me find them when I'm looking for someone instead of clicking on each empty location or having to take notes to remember where the girls are found each day.

8. While I hate to say this, it's just too easy to make money in the game compared to how long it takes to get anywhere with the girls. It would be nice to have other things to spend money on - and the obvious two are the dwarf (after all improvements are bought) and the gnome (who makes gadgets with you, but you never see any for sale). And since maintenance of the inn is annoying, why not kill two birds with one stone? Let the gnome sell you gadgets that will keep the inn clean for, say, a week. Let the dwarf offer to send his team to repair your inn for a week. You spend money, you get less clicking, you get more dialogue with characters who are underutilized right now. Win-win!
These are some good QoL points. I'll try to cut down on the excess clicking in the next update.

As for the money and cleaning, both systems are mostly place holders right now for the systems that will eventually replace them (a much more in-depth management and upgrade system for the inn). But it's still a valid point. I'll probably do a bit of tweaking for the next update.

The map thing is definitely a candidate for the next update as well. Thanks for these suggestions!

Just downloaded the game and I'm enjoying it so far. I think the art is decent and works for what the game is going for. I think the animations are okay as they look kind of rough but I think that's just to the developers lack of experience. I could see the art and animations getting better as they develop the game more. I like the characters so far, especially the centaur as she reminds me of Cerea from Monster Musume. I also really like the relationship choice options right now like with the goblin girl.

The grind for developing relationships with the girls feels like a bit much compared to the grind for money/inn mechanics. I wish that the gift giving mechanic could extend to the other girls to speed things up. I feel like it takes a little too long to get to scenes. For the money issue an idea could be on more options to spend money like through 'investing' in other businesses or like building extensions onto the inn like an adventure's guild outpost or something. Other then that the grind isn't bad.

Also, I don't know if I missed it but is there like a quest journal? If not it could help with what to do next for girls like the horseshoe metal and the elf girl owlbear book.

All in all I'm looking forward to more updates!
Monster Musume was a big inspiration for the game, though I'm trying not to copy any characters from the anime 100%.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment of the art/animation, as going into making this game I had very little (read: zero) experience with 2d art/animation. I'm doing my best to keep improving though!

The quest journal is basically baked into Rei's (the fairy) dialogue, when you ask her for help. If the game gets more complex, I'll probably add a specialized UI in for quests.

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm inclined to agree with you. But for different reasons.

I'm a computer engineer. My wife is an arist and she has a rescue horse (mare). The Mare is a rescue horse and what we didn't know when we got her is how much back trama the poor girl suffered/s from. We figured out when she was younger something happened and she broke her withers. They healed badly, but she's been compensating ever since throwing her back and hips utterly out of alignment.
Years of chiro, and other adjustments she's no longer in so much pain and is no way near the bossy mare she was originally. Funny thing about being in constant pain, no?

Any way, because of being around a female horse a lot, and knowing a lot more than I ever thought I would about their skeletal structure let alone our own (I suffered a buldging disk in my neck so I looked up info myself) and for Maria to be bent around like that is NOT going to be comfortable for anything longer than a few seconds. Honestly, her standing, laying down on her side, or even an upright laying down would be much much more comfortable.

Maria offers an interesting opportunity for... health bondage also. Horses are normally put down/killed when they break a leg. Why? They won't remain still so they have to have a lot of care and pretty much be hung up in a sling so they can't put any weight on their leg. Given Maria's attitude so far (can't sit still, must travel/work), bed rest if she does break a leg could provide some interesting... bed side distractions. hoisted up offers the MC interesting opportunities to inspect her body as well.
Quadropeds and inclines, in perticular steps, are pretty difficult as such is not normal for their frames typically. Going down is a lot harder than up. Slip, fall, broken bone. Easy for them and us.
This is actually super interesting, and something I had never considered. That kind of storyline with Maria could be very fun to write. I'll have to save this comment for reference later. Thanks!

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
*sigh* One thing I didn't get into my post above before the Developer read it as I was in a rush to get it posted.

Dagotto, in no fashion am I criticizing what you've got so far with Maria. I know other hentai out there has put centaurs into that position. So its easy to think of doing. I just happen to be more aware of horse anatomy, let alone how they... are built shall we say? Than I ever thought I would be when I was younger.
I am curuios as to what sort of breast play you'll have her get into. Following other hentai, she seems very setup for a lot of breast play with what I'm guessing are inverted nipples.

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
*sigh* One thing I didn't get into my post above before the Developer read it as I was in a rush to get it posted.

Dagotto, in no fashion am I criticizing what you've got so far with Maria. I know other hentai out there has put centaurs into that position. So its easy to think of doing. I just happen to be more aware of horse anatomy, let alone how they... are built shall we say? Than I ever thought I would be when I was younger.
I am curuios as to what sort of breast play you'll have her get into. Following other hentai, she seems very setup for a lot of breast play with what I'm guessing are inverted nipples.
Don't worry, I didn't see it as criticism, it is just certainly interesting to think about, and as I said, possibly use the injury angle for a future storyline. Also, she will definitely be wielding her assets to great effectiveness in the future, so please look forward to it :LOL:

Crusado

Jan 21, 2020
Monster Musume was a big inspiration for the game, though I'm trying not to copy any characters from the anime 100%.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment of the art/animation, as going into making this game I had very little (read: zero) experience with 2d art/animation. I'm doing my best to keep improving though!

The quest journal is basically baked into Rei's (the fairy) dialogue, when you ask her for help. If the game gets more complex, I'll probably add a specialized UI in for quests.

Thanks for your feedback!
Ah yes I remember now. I guess I forgot about Rei's dialogue because I definitely clicked it. The art is pretty good for a first time game developer so I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. And the sex scenes are pretty hot too.

There needs to be more ecchi monster girl anime, I can only think of that one and the Monster Girl Doctor one.

Also, In my opinion you should make your fan sig to the game's banner or whatever it's called that is at the top of the game's F95 page as it advertises the girls in the game. I think it would get more people interested but what do I know.

cacaoso

Nov 19, 2021
Yea, bad English is a pet peeve of mine, so I wanted to make sure this game had good grammar and spelling (No hate on non-native English speakers, though)
Ok not to peeve ur pet or anything but i thought it would be easier if i looked into ur script files itself to help u locate typos there. btw where are all the conversation text stored? I only found Alice, Maria, Ritsuki and Camilla in \game\scripts.rpa
Correct spelling in BOLD
Typos in strikethru

For Alice:
alice "You're streching me so much..."
STRETCHING
alice "I've been trying to at least keep in touch with my siblings, but most of the time, I just don't even react
to what I recieve back."
RECEIVE

For Maria: There are some conversation lines that are duplicated twice so i guess when u correct these u need to do both entries

mari "I beg thy pardon, mine tribe had no such customs. Nudity there was an everyday occurence. Even after all these years, 'tis still a difficult habit to break."
OCCURRENCE

The following have the word "CHIEFTAIN" and "CHALLENGES" probably faster to do Find & Replace in ur script
---------------------------------------------------------------------
mari "For many reasons. The biggest among them is leadership. Anyone in the tribe may challenge the chieftan to combat for the right to lead the tribe."

mari "Hah, I {i}think{/i} I knew who mine father was. Mine 'fondest' memory is him kicking me in the head when I wasn't moving fast enough setting up the chieftan's tent."

mari "Often, the chieftan will consult his or her seer before battles or raids, or even challanges for leadership of the tribe."

mari "Often, the chieftan will consult his or her seer before battles or raids, or even challanges for leadership of the tribe."

mari "For many reasons. The biggest among them is leadership. Anyone in the tribe may challenge the chieftan to combat for the right to lead the tribe."

mari "Hah, I {i}think{/i} I knew who mine father was. Mine 'fondest' memory is him kicking me in the head when I wasn't moving fast enough setting up the chieftan's tent."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mari "If that is the case, I would be more than happy to satisfy thy curiousity."
CURIOSITY

mari "Well, 'tis a bit of an embarassing point, but I fear that thy other patrons find my presence...unnerving."
EMBARRASSING

n "Though she seems nervous intially, Maria soon calms down under Ritsuki's clearly experienced touch."
INITIALLY

pChar "And obvously it turned out well then."
OBVIOUSLY

pChar "I can imagine it would be a bit of a set back."
I think setback should be one word?

pChar "You know, I hadn't really thought about it. How about travling together?"
TRAVELING

dagotto let me know where the other character's conversation files are, I'll have a look at those.

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
Ok not to peeve ur pet or anything but i thought it would be easier if i looked into ur script files itself to help u locate typos there. btw where are all the conversation text stored? I only found Alice, Maria, Ritsuki and Camilla in \game\scripts.rpa
Correct spelling in BOLD
Typos in strikethru

For Alice:
alice "You're streching me so much..."
STRETCHING
alice "I've been trying to at least keep in touch with my siblings, but most of the time, I just don't even react
to what I recieve back."
RECEIVE

For Maria: There are some conversation lines that are duplicated twice so i guess when u correct these u need to do both entries

mari "I beg thy pardon, mine tribe had no such customs. Nudity there was an everyday occurence. Even after all these years, 'tis still a difficult habit to break."
OCCURRENCE

The following have the word "CHIEFTAIN" and "CHALLENGES" probably faster to do Find & Replace in ur script
---------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mari "If that is the case, I would be more than happy to satisfy thy curiousity."
CURIOSITY

mari "Well, 'tis a bit of an embarassing point, but I fear that thy other patrons find my presence...unnerving."
EMBARRASSING

n "Though she seems nervous intially, Maria soon calms down under Ritsuki's clearly experienced touch."
INITIALLY

pChar "And obvously it turned out well then."
OBVIOUSLY

pChar "I can imagine it would be a bit of a set back."
I think setback should be one word?

pChar "You know, I hadn't really thought about it. How about travling together?"
TRAVELING

dagotto let me know where the other character's conversation files are, I'll have a look at those.
Well dang, didn't realize I had missed that many typos. Thanks for pointing them out for me.

As for the conversations, the four main girls, Rei, and Camilla all have their own script files (each named (character name)conversations), the rest of the cast is still located in the script.rpy

Reactions: Forgotted

cacaoso

Nov 19, 2021
As for the conversations, the four main girls, Rei, and Camilla all have their own script files (each named (character name)conversations), the rest of the cast is still located in the script.rpy
Well i don't have those files maybe its in the uncompiled project files that u have. or could u send those to me? i could take a look?

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Well dang, didn't realize I had missed that many typos. Thanks for pointing them out for me.

Funny, I hadn't even read that closely, yet. lol
Still a very good job!

I was able to duplicate Cacaoso's bug thanks to the good step
by step instructions above. I guess I hadn't thought of interacting w her during night time.
Should be as simple as disabling late night actions I would imagine.
Dagotto will prob get that taken care of in a future release I bet.

Glad the 'popup' of Will Smith and other actors has been gotten rid of.
I found it pretty annoying rather than April foolsish.... But then again
I'm an old fart.........................

Cheers

Last edited:

Lua de Cristal

Jan 30, 2022
Perfect game! The best hentai game I've ever played, nice soundtrack, perfect art, I loved the variety of women and the protagonist is a really nice guy. I'm excited for the next update. Keep up the great work you are doing!
Sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
I've played the game a fair bit and seen MOST of the content so far (finished Maria and Alice) so I can give a bit of feedback. Generally I like it, but I WILL critique what I think needs to be made better.

I think the game is pretty decent so far. I love the general content, a great spread of monstergirls of varying types, although it's a bit odd that there's literally not even one token human woman in the game when you're not living in a world populated ENTIRELY by monstergirls. However it's pretty basic in a lot of ways, and has a couple of flaws that could do with rectifying.

The art and character designs are generally good, but could still do with some work. Maria honestly needs to be redesigned (and arguably rewritten) to be less-transparently Centaurea Shianus without the ponytail, but she'll do for now. But the proportions on the smaller girls need work. Kirana isn't NEARLY small enough to actually need the stool she climbs up on every time she talks to you, and Alice's size is inconsistent during sex scenes- during the afterglow scene where you lie in bed with her after sex, she's OBVIOUSLY human sized for some reason (the size of a small human girl, maybe, but still definitely a human girl, FAR larger than she's supposed to be). And while the linework is good in general, the faces sometimes look a bit derpy or awkward, perhaps most notably during the scenes where the MC and Maria kiss, where they're portrayed staring at each other in exact 90 degree profile. And some of the girls need to have a bit more effort put into making them look, well, like monstergirls. Sonia in particular literally looks like a perfectly ordinary human woman who had her arms unplugged at the shoulder and her legs unscrewed just above the knees to be replaced with a pair of wings and a pair of birbfeet. She and Beth are probably the least-interesting girls in the game.

The gameplay is, at the moment, almost ENTIRELY token. There's just nothing to spend money on once you've bought all the inn upgrades (and you really only need Large Rooms and Luxury Rooms for Maria and Tirria anyway), bought enough gifts to convince Tirria to talk to you, and bought Vera, except for the very occasional storyline events (like paying for Maria's new horseshoe or Vera's books) and you make money too easily anyway- I've racked up over 2000 gold by now with nothing to spend it on. Keeping the short-term rooms in working order is only a minimal hassle until you recruit Vera, after which it's literally no trouble whatsoever- not that you even NEED to keep the rooms in order, because the only thing it gives you is more money for nothing again. And there's only a handful of stat checks which are easy enough to pass. Obviously this is going to be expanded on later when the non-resident girls get their content added to the game, but it still doesn't seem like it's being set up to be particularly in-depth. Currently working through the girls' stories is a simple matter of chatting with them over and over again until a story event comes up (except for Tirria, who you have to bribe into talking to you) and honestly the affection point scores for some of them are just too damn high- if you need to keep racking up points long after you've run out of unique Chat results and are just repeating "You and [x] spent some time chatting together" scenes, the score requirement is way too padded. I STILL haven't gotten Vera's scene, even though I swear I've been chatting with her for WEEKS now. And I'm not that fond of all the times story progression is reduced to "Wait a few days for something to happen". That's just irritating.

Anyway, in its current state the game is pretty average, but that's probably because it's still so early in development. I can't wait for more updates to come out, both with more content for the current girls (especially more Maria sex scenes) and for some of the other girls (particularly Kirana and Sacha). Also, does that potential sole affection point you can gain with Rei in the prologue mean she's going to be a potential love interest later in development? I'd very much like to see that. But if so, you don't HAVE to make her transform into a conventional human-sized form to do so. Keep in mind the popularity of imp-form Midna from Zelda: Twilight Princess. We'd love to stick it up that tiny floating kuudere.

• Thinking Face

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
I've played the game a fair bit and seen MOST of the content so far (finished Maria and Alice) so I can give a bit of feedback. Generally I like it, but I WILL critique what I think needs to be made better.

I think the game is pretty decent so far. I love the general content, a great spread of monstergirls of varying types, although it's a bit odd that there's literally not even one token human woman in the game when you're not living in a world populated ENTIRELY by monstergirls. However it's pretty basic in a lot of ways, and has a couple of flaws that could do with rectifying.

The art and character designs are generally good, but could still do with some work. Maria honestly needs to be redesigned (and arguably rewritten) to be less-transparently Centaurea Shianus without the ponytail, but she'll do for now. But the proportions on the smaller girls need work. Kirana isn't NEARLY small enough to actually need the stool she climbs up on every time she talks to you, and Alice's size is inconsistent during sex scenes- during the afterglow scene where you lie in bed with her after sex, she's OBVIOUSLY human sized for some reason (the size of a small human girl, maybe, but still definitely a human girl, FAR larger than she's supposed to be). And while the linework is good in general, the faces sometimes look a bit derpy or awkward, perhaps most notably during the scenes where the MC and Maria kiss, where they're portrayed staring at each other in exact 90 degree profile. And some of the girls need to have a bit more effort put into making them look, well, like monstergirls. Sonia in particular literally looks like a perfectly ordinary human woman who had her arms unplugged at the shoulder and her legs unscrewed just above the knees to be replaced with a pair of wings and a pair of birbfeet. She and Beth are probably the least-interesting girls in the game.

The gameplay is, at the moment, almost ENTIRELY token. There's just nothing to spend money on once you've bought all the inn upgrades (and you really only need Large Rooms and Luxury Rooms for Maria and Tirria anyway), bought enough gifts to convince Tirria to talk to you, and bought Vera, except for the very occasional storyline events (like paying for Maria's new horseshoe or Vera's books) and you make money too easily anyway- I've racked up over 2000 gold by now with nothing to spend it on. Keeping the short-term rooms in working order is only a minimal hassle until you recruit Vera, after which it's literally no trouble whatsoever- not that you even NEED to keep the rooms in order, because the only thing it gives you is more money for nothing again. And there's only a handful of stat checks which are easy enough to pass. Obviously this is going to be expanded on later when the non-resident girls get their content added to the game, but it still doesn't seem like it's being set up to be particularly in-depth. Currently working through the girls' stories is a simple matter of chatting with them over and over again until a story event comes up (except for Tirria, who you have to bribe into talking to you) and honestly the affection point scores for some of them are just too damn high- if you need to keep racking up points long after you've run out of unique Chat results and are just repeating "You and [x] spent some time chatting together" scenes, the score requirement is way too padded. I STILL haven't gotten Vera's scene, even though I swear I've been chatting with her for WEEKS now. And I'm not that fond of all the times story progression is reduced to "Wait a few days for something to happen". That's just irritating.

Anyway, in its current state the game is pretty average, but that's probably because it's still so early in development. I can't wait for more updates to come out, both with more content for the current girls (especially more Maria sex scenes) and for some of the other girls (particularly Kirana and Sacha). Also, does that potential sole affection point you can gain with Rei in the prologue mean she's going to be a potential love interest later in development? I'd very much like to see that. But if so, you don't HAVE to make her transform into a conventional human-sized form to do so. Keep in mind the popularity of imp-form Midna from Zelda: Twilight Princess. We'd love to stick it up that tiny floating kuudere.
Wow, that's quite a bit of feedback. Thank you for taking the time to give such an in depth analysis. I'll see if I can respond to some of this.

1. There will be human women in the future, I have two planned side characters that will have content, once I'm finished adding content for most of the current characters.

2. I will admit that Maria took quite a few nods to Monster Musume, but I think at least part of that is just the utter lack of centaur characters in media for inspiration. I'm doing my best to differentiate the two (Maria being less skilled and strict, but more worldly and optimistic) and I'm also planning for her future story line to flesh out her character more.

3. As for the proportions, I will admit, Alice is the most challenging character I've drawn to keep consistent, and I'm not super happy with the cuddling scene with her, she does look too big. However, I do think that Kirana would want a step ladder for conversations, as otherwise she would spend most of her time speaking to people's groins.

4. I will freely admit some of the art is going to look a bit funky at times, as many of these scenes, it is my first time drawing something like this. Doing my best to improve, and finding out what works and what doesn't.

5. As for characters like Beth and Sonia, could you give me an example of what you mean? I'm not sure how I could make Beth into more of a cowgirl without crossing into furry territory.

6. Most of the gameplay elements, as you guessed, aren't there because of the early state of development. Right now, almost the entire gold system, and all of the inn management, are just placeholder systems which I am planning to replace with a more sim-esque management system which will have you buying and placing furniture in rooms to improve the inn and influence who stays there. There will also be other mini-games and things added as well. I just figured for an adult game that people generally wanted to see sex scenes rather than engaging gameplay off the bat.

7. I'm considering added an option when you start the game to move the story along much faster, like maybe a "normal-mode", a "story-lite mode", and a "sand-box mode" for players who either want a briefer experience, or to skip the story altogether. I've gotten very mixed feedback from people who like the current pace and people who think it is too slow and grindy. I think the only way to keep everyone happy is let them choose.

8. Yes, it won't be soon, but please look forward to some mini fairy-girl content in the future.

Thanks again for the feedback, and I hope this addresses some of your concerns. And I hope you enjoy the future releases as well!

wookie31

Feb 12, 2020
Hi Dagotto, if you are interested in more research material, Okayado wrote another manga besides Monster Masume - 12Beast.
However, I'd suggest it just for poses and body proportions. Keep your own art style and just refine it, it's good to see different styles rather than cookie-cutter same-old, same-old. That's part of the reason Darkcookie had initial success with Summertime Saga IMHO.
Keep up the good creative work!

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
Hi Dagotto, if you are interested in more research material, Okayado wrote another manga besides Monster Masume - 12Beast.
However, I'd suggest it just for poses and body proportions. Keep your own art style and just refine it, it's good to see different styles rather than cookie-cutter same-old, same-old. That's part of the reason Darkcookie had initial success with Summertime Saga IMHO.
Keep up the good creative work!
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to take a look for reference, could always use more sources.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Wow, that's quite a bit of feedback. Thank you for taking the time to give such an in depth analysis. I'll see if I can respond to some of this.

1. There will be human women in the future, I have two planned side characters that will have content, once I'm finished adding content for most of the current characters.

2. I will admit that Maria took quite a few nods to Monster Musume, but I think at least part of that is just the utter lack of centaur characters in media for inspiration. I'm doing my best to differentiate the two (Maria being less skilled and strict, but more worldly and optimistic) and I'm also planning for her future story line to flesh out her character more.

3. As for the proportions, I will admit, Alice is the most challenging character I've drawn to keep consistent, and I'm not super happy with the cuddling scene with her, she does look too big. However, I do think that Kirana would want a step ladder for conversations, as otherwise she would spend most of her time speaking to people's groins.

4. I will freely admit some of the art is going to look a bit funky at times, as many of these scenes, it is my first time drawing something like this. Doing my best to improve, and finding out what works and what doesn't.

5. As for characters like Beth and Sonia, could you give me an example of what you mean? I'm not sure how I could make Beth into more of a cowgirl without crossing into furry territory.

6. Most of the gameplay elements, as you guessed, aren't there because of the early state of development. Right now, almost the entire gold system, and all of the inn management, are just placeholder systems which I am planning to replace with a more sim-esque management system which will have you buying and placing furniture in rooms to improve the inn and influence who stays there. There will also be other mini-games and things added as well. I just figured for an adult game that people generally wanted to see sex scenes rather than engaging gameplay off the bat.

7. I'm considering added an option when you start the game to move the story along much faster, like maybe a "normal-mode", a "story-lite mode", and a "sand-box mode" for players who either want a briefer experience, or to skip the story altogether. I've gotten very mixed feedback from people who like the current pace and people who think it is too slow and grindy. I think the only way to keep everyone happy is let them choose.

8. Yes, it won't be soon, but please look forward to some mini fairy-girl content in the future.

Thanks again for the feedback, and I hope this addresses some of your concerns. And I hope you enjoy the future releases as well!
Thank you for taking my feedback on board.

I actually do like the Alice cuddling scene aside from the fact that she's visibly too large, because it's such a sweet scene. Honestly, you could probably just scale her sprite down by about 1/3, redraw the position of the MC's hand on her shoulder and the creases on the sheets under her body, make sure the eyelines still match up and call it a day. My issue with Kirana is more one of consistency again- when she's NOT standing on her stool her head comes up to the level of your belt, but once she gets up on it the top step of the stool can be seen reaching barely above your knees, but Kirana's head is suddenly level with yours, which would only make sense if either she was starting out on her knees, or the MC has really, REALLY long legs. Basically what I'm saying is that if the size of her sprite when standing on the stool is accurate, she should be nearly as tall as Alice. Or at least I think so.

I think my problems with Beth and Sofia come down to how plainly they're just "humans with animal bits". I get from your comments about Maria that you're basically taking the designs of most of your girls directly from Monster Musume, because I can see the resemblance between Beth and the cow girls from vol. 14, or how Sonia's clothing and hair actually somewhat resembles Papi's. In Beth's case, the way her fresian fur cuts off neatly half-way up her thighs just makes her look like she's wearing funky stockings, and you also forgot to give her a tail. Honestly, I think a better example of a cow girl than the ones from MonMusu is , who doesn't actually have any fur on her body but instead has brindling patterns on her skin. If you wanted to try something more original, you might want to try making her uber-voluptuous, thicc and curvy all over (rather than just having extremely large breasts). In Sonia's case, the way she stands with her wings constantly sticking out to the side for no real reason looks unnatural, and I think her upper arm bones are shorter proportionate to her size than they are for Papi, since she's normal human size rather than noticeably petite. Also, you might try giving her a small tuft of tail feathers, or slightly bending her stance forward into a more semi-crouched, birdlike one, rather than having her stand bolt upright.

I didn't really mention my thoughts on the story. One thing that did occur to me after the fact is that there's really no point to the whole isekai deal. Given that the MC justifies his ignorance about everything by claiming he came from a small isolated mountain village and nobody questions it... why not just have him ACTUALLY come from a small isolated mountain village and inherit the inn from a late relative? If the MC's ignorance is supposed to be to facilitate the world building then, well, sorry if this sounds harsh, but you haven't really built a very original fantasy world to be learned about; in fact it's pretty much as stock standard as fantasy worlds come. Elves live in forest cities and are haughty because of their long lives; goblins are nomadic and considered barely more than vermin; orcs are proud warrior tribespeople; centaurs are uncivilised plains-roaming marauders; gnomes are genius tinkers; dwarves live underground and are disciplined warriors, it's all very standard stuff. Even the MC's opposition to slavery wouldn't be out of character for someone who came from a place in this world with few to no slaves. The only real effect the "dragged from another world by what seems to be a rather airheaded goddess" aspect of the story really seems to have is to provide an excuse for Rei to accompany you, and that could be facilitated just as well by, say, making her a household spirit bound to the property to serve the owner. But I assume you have more story development planned to justify the isekai element in the future relating to the Goddess and Rei and, like the innkeeping gameplay, this aspect of the story is mostly just placeholder for now. I don't think the game needs multiple play modes, though. Just trim down the padding. If a girl needs 10 more affection for her next story scene, maybe try just lowering it to 5 instead? It's one of my cardinal sins of game-making: repetition is NOT content. Don't try and please everybody, it just makes things complicated and slows down development while running the risk of pleasing nobody.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: I think character background is bugged. I chose NEET, which said it gives me a Dexterity bonus as well as making it easier for me to raise Dex further, but I didn't seem to gain Dex any easier than any other stat; in fact I was gaining STRENGTH extremely easily (usually gaining +0.5-0.8 points per job in the lumberyard). Speaking of stats, there needs to be more of a difference in stat gain between dedicated stat improvement (e.g Int gain from studying at the library) and incidental stat improvement tied to working a job (e.g Int gain from working at Ritsuki's blacksmith). Currently there's no reason to study at the library at all, because I get the same or even better Intelligence from working for Ritsuki, which also makes me money.

Oh and speaking of bugs, another one i almost forgot to mention was when I was able to trigger Maria's conversation talking about horseshoes BEFORE I'd actually done the event about getting her the new horseshoe, even though the conversation was meant to take place after. I loaded out of the conversation once I realised I'd sequence-broken the game, just in case it broke the event, so I don't know whether it does break the event or not.

Anyway, glad to hear about some of those future developments to the game. Can't wait for the next version. Are you planning on going wide (adding introductory content for more girls) or tall (further content for existing girls)? Because while I can't wait to get with Kirana and Sacha, I also don't want to have to wait half a dozen more versions to deepen my relationship with Tirria, or shower Alice with more of the affection she so desperately deserves.

Last edited:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Interesting you are thinking/planning on adding other humans.
I was under the impression he was the only human here. Guess I'm not entirely sure
where I got that idea from. I suppose I just mistakenly surmised it from the beginning. I like the idea
that he's the only human.

Maybe that means the goddess is planning on importing some more....

Cheers and Keep Up The Good Work!

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
God, gotta say, so far I absolutely love this game. This has been off to a stellar start and I sure hope you'll succeed. I definitely have seen a whole lot worse, so this is really promising. :)

The characters are nicely rounded and fun to listen to, even if it seems like every single one so far is an outlier to their species, either in behaviour or appearance - sure is strange come to think of it. But really, the art and atmosphere really make this quite the nice ride. Sure have been enjoying hours of this and even replayed it already because it's such a nice experience.

If I had to think of some improvements right about now, I'd like to be able to open the map anywhere. While it might be an odd thing to get stuck on, I feel that some locations are simply a couple clicks too annoying to navigate (the inn especially springs to mind) and it would help the flow a bit better being able to access the map at any point to travel around. Another thing, though it might just be me, but one thing I've noticed is that charisma tends to level slower than other attributes unless when set as your focused attribute at the start of the game, as other jobs have not only enough opportunities to provide stat increases, but provide more on a per-action basis. Even strength, which only has 1 action per day is able to keep up with my other attributes no problem. So unless I remember to put the concious effort into improving charisma, it seemingly lags behind.
Some other improvements would be ways to spend money, because as it stands, you easily afford everything no problem and have absolutely nothing to spend it on. And while I'm on the point of money and the making thereof, it would be nice to see Vera also improving her ability when working the bar. As of right now, you really have no reason to let Vera work the bar simply because having to go to the bar to order her to work, only for the MC to do something else in the meantime is too much of a hassle with too little payoff, not to mention he does it massively better if you really don't want to bother with it. So Vera tends to get relegated to maintainance duty exclusively as a result of that.

Regardless, keep up the great work~

Reactions: Lua de Cristal

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
Interesting you are thinking/planning on adding other humans.
I was under the impression he was the only human here. Guess I'm not entirely sure
where I got that idea from. I suppose I just mistakenly surmised it from the beginning. I like the idea
that he's the only human.

Maybe that means the goddess is planning on importing some more....

Cheers and Keep Up The Good Work!
Thanks for the support!

There are actually other humans in the world, you even meet one at the slave shop. However, humans are not a common race. Not super rare, but not so common either.

para celular aun no llega?
An android version will be coming in the future! It's on my list for one of the next few major updates.

God, gotta say, so far I absolutely love this game. This has been off to a stellar start and I sure hope you'll succeed. I definitely have seen a whole lot worse, so this is really promising. :)

The characters are nicely rounded and fun to listen to, even if it seems like every single one so far is an outlier to their species, either in behaviour or appearance - sure is strange come to think of it. But really, the art and atmosphere really make this quite the nice ride. Sure have been enjoying hours of this and even replayed it already because it's such a nice experience.

If I had to think of some improvements right about now, I'd like to be able to open the map anywhere. While it might be an odd thing to get stuck on, I feel that some locations are simply a couple clicks too annoying to navigate (the inn especially springs to mind) and it would help the flow a bit better being able to access the map at any point to travel around. Another thing, though it might just be me, but one thing I've noticed is that charisma tends to level slower than other attributes unless when set as your focused attribute at the start of the game, as other jobs have not only enough opportunities to provide stat increases, but provide more on a per-action basis. Even strength, which only has 1 action per day is able to keep up with my other attributes no problem. So unless I remember to put the concious effort into improving charisma, it seemingly lags behind.
Some other improvements would be ways to spend money, because as it stands, you easily afford everything no problem and have absolutely nothing to spend it on. And while I'm on the point of money and the making thereof, it would be nice to see Vera also improving her ability when working the bar. As of right now, you really have no reason to let Vera work the bar simply because having to go to the bar to order her to work, only for the MC to do something else in the meantime is too much of a hassle with too little payoff, not to mention he does it massively better if you really don't want to bother with it. So Vera tends to get relegated to maintainance duty exclusively as a result of that.

Regardless, keep up the great work~
Glad to hear you're liking it!

I wouldn't say that every single character is an outlier. There are definitely a few unusual ones (Maria, Tirria and Camilla), and some that are pretty average, but displaced from their normal lifestyle/habitat (Sacha, Kirana, and Ritsuki), but there are quite a few characters who are typical of their respective races (Vera, Beth, Alice). However, thanks for bringing that up, I'll try not to make too many unique snowflake characters in the future.

The map thing is definitely something I've been looking at. In the next update you will be able to jump to and from the counter of the Inn, which should save quite a few clicks. Going forward, probably any location that has more than a couple rooms will have a map jumping point.
As for charisma, it has the lowest gains since it is by far the easiest stat to raise (You can raise it up to 4 times a day) but I'll take a look at the gain rate in the next patch. More ways to spend money will also be coming in the next patch, however the gold system almost entirely a placeholder at the moment. In the future it will be used in a much more involved system for managing the inn.

Thanks for the feedback, and hope you enjoy the next update as well!

Reactions: Crusado
4.30 star(s) 27 Votes