eclipsemoon

Mar 2, 2018
You mean the memories gallery should be filled? I think that was just a missed item, I can make it so going forward.
yes, the memories but not just that I used the skip and then talked to the helper girl forget her name offhand and got the indicator that gave me the points for learning how to talk to her then I looked at the achievements and it said I had not been to any of the wings in the castle yet nor have I navigated menus yet this is act 2 chapter 1 and the game thinks I have not even look in the bookcase yet. That I have not done any of the achievements even the ones that are done by completing the story I was missing the achievement for getting past act one chapter 2 and I'm playing act 2 this is just not possible if you played to this point so, in essence, I was punished by the skip button now I can not unlock outfits or see scenes so the skip was pointless I have to play the full game and as so many have said yourself included is too much of text with nothing more.

kovalchuck

Aug 1, 2017
If you can afford apple products, paying for a release shouldn't be unreasonable :D
I meant waiting for mac releases in general, not just your game.

I appreciate the subtle jab ;) heres the issue tho...

Apple products are refined, ship on time, and perform as advertised. Im not opposed to supporting your teams project in the future, but y'all have a poor track record of meeting deadlines and delivering on promises.

I love the content and the story progression you've built in the game since taking over, but ill hold onto my precious pennies until you can deliver a consistent product.

somebody28

Mar 10, 2018
JoeBanks One of the things I think you should consider (which would get rid of a lot of my frustrations) would be to allow importing old saves into newer versions.

First of all, the way you currently go about it (making a new folder in the computer's memory for each individual version) is IMO not the ideal way to go about it. I'd add some variable "version number" and just make sure to store that variable in the save file. Then, when loading a save, you can make the first line of code an 'if' statement that checks the version number, and stops the loading process if the version isn't correct.

The benefit of this system is that you can more easily allow different amounts of save importing. For example, say you've changed Ginny's scene, but you haven't changed how you actually get access to Ginny. No reason to make the players redo all that work, then. But, you do want to make them re-do her fucking scene. So how about you do something like this:

Code:
if(versionNumber = 0.5A) {
    # here you'd put things that you want to change to switch a save from 0.4 > 0.5

if(ginny_status = "fucking") {

ginny_status = "interested but not fucking yet"

}

# now, after you're done making all the necessary changes to make this a functional 0.5B save, do the following:
   versionNumber = 0.5B
}
Now, this might seem like a lot of work to upkeep and maintain. But in fact, it's actually way simpler than you might think. If you change the version number after every phase, you can just use a series of consecutive IF statements to cascade all the changes you need. Effectively, you can always assume that the person is using a function save from the previous version, so at each step you only have to worry about what you're immediately changing. So it would look something like this:

Code:
if(versionNumber = 0.5A) {
    # do everything necessary to make it a compatible 0.5B save
   versionNumber = 0.5B
}
if(versionNumber = 0.5B) {
   # do everything necessary to make it a compatible 0.5C save
   versionNumber = 0.5C
}
So, say we have the above code in place, and someone is trying to load a 0.5A save into the currently non-existent version 0.5C. First, the code will look at it, see it's 0.5A, and turn it 0.5B-ready. Then, the code will see it's 0.5B-ready, and turn it into 0.5C-ready. So we're good.

And if we start with a save which is 0.5B compatible, then it won't register as a 0.5A save, and skip that IF. Then it'll go straight to the 0.5B checker, see it's 0.5B, and then change it into a 0.5C-compatible save.

I honestly think this'll really help a lot of your players with some of their frustration, and I also think it'll be reasonable to implement. I'd be willing to help out with it, even. I don't think it's necessary to start doing these retroactively for past versions, but there's no time like the present to start.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017
You know this would be a good game if you actually knew what to do and the walkthrough hasn't been updated in so long there's really no point in playing since you'll just spend hours going nowhere.

Reactions: Jarul

George_Nos

May 29, 2019
I don't get paid and people supporting on Patreon is a donation... also look in our Discord, I am a 100 dollar patron. I also pay for the server hosting out of my own pocket, the SSL certificates too... lot's of scamming... you got me.

Imagine being so wrong you accuse someone of scamming their own self. :D
That's some Stockholm Syndrome shit.
Even while people realize that you in particular are not scamming them, they definitely have this feeling about other developers of the game.

Plus - if you still have the plan of finishing game by Dec 2020 , you should be focusing on real sex scenes (like lewd games definition, not ancient definition of "kissed in a cheek = hardcore fucking"). Thats excluding your continious late updates.
I once calculated:
"14 is more optimistic, at least it can cover "blowjob+vaginal+anal" criteria for each of them (4 character*3 scenes=12 scenes), so you will have 2 extra scenes for e.g. threesomes "
You used 2 out of 14 on some mild erotic stuff. With this trend, you will end up with 10 erotic scenes and 4 real sex scenes.

Last edited:

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
What's unreasonable is expecting people to pay for the game in its current state. As good as your intentions are, this game isn't worth shit right now. Hell the finished product assuming its actually good would be worth 25$ max. How long has this Patreon been going on? 3 years? 4? That's more than enough money to fund this game 3 times over.

The Russians will get their shekels when they deliver a FINISHED and QUALITY product. Not a second before.
But that's never gonna happen because once you inevitably stop managing them in exchange of nothing, they'll get back to milking like their lives depend on it.
Paying for the game? It's supporting development, not even the same. You want a finished product but supporting the people who will finish it is unreasonable? And you use inflammatory wording to try to what? Make me reply in a meaningful way?

Watch out, we got another MENSA member. (Reference to earlier in the thread)

(Also the game has free releases, you seem very upset for something that is free)

AdmiralNobody

Aug 6, 2016
Does any kind soul have a save file with memories unlocked that's compatible with this version? The file in OP is in the old format and non-compatible.

nibbanevacryz

Jul 27, 2019
Any1 have a save ground to top or at least improved Ginny scene for this version, kind of annoyed with how the devs not supporting backwards save really, indeed they gave us an option to skip, in which all unlocked scenes, stat, money, the guide chick wardrobe are fucked. I'm so fed up of having to redo every single scene from each release, been asking about the backwards save on patreon as well, other devs do it like no sweat, so I dunno what the fuss about(they said renpy engine is a mess or something). Another thing u guys can work on is to input console command or cheats for the rest of us if u don't plan on supporting saves at least.
I really hope that this game finds the solution it needs. Give me some hope to stay a patron PLEASE

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Paying for the game? It's supporting development, not even the same. You want a finished product but supporting the people who will finish it is unreasonable? And you use inflammatory wording to try to what? Make me reply in a meaningful way?

Watch out, we got another MENSA member. (Reference to earlier in the thread)

(Also the game has free releases, you seem very upset for something that is free)
I said it once and i say it again. Stop replying to people attacking you or the game directly. Some of us got milked by the previous dev and some never payed a penny for this game. Those who got milked already stated what they hate and left with their wallet.
Those who never paid have never valid critique anyway to present to you.
You constantly defending and explaining will drain you pretty fast so just don't go there.

The game is on a good way. Not perfect as you yourself explained the shit tons of text etc. and the sorry state the game was in when handed to you. I had my doubts but you managed to pull the game back on track.

Also considering that you don't get a penny for doing so is quite remarkable and deserves praise not critique.

So please keep doing what you doing. Ignore the hate and try to finish the game this year if possible. If you can pull this off i am pretty sure the next project brings you a pretty penny :)

PS: Can the next project be "Witcher" related? Pretty please?

Illustrivity

Mar 2, 2018
The game's doing infinitely better now than it used to, but bruh, this desperately needs actual fuckin' fucking, or at least some kind of actual intercourse, not just...course. Susan and Luna both just get masturbation scenes? I don't even particularly want "actual" sex, as many people are clamouring for; Ginny's content, for example, was ace, but masturbation (especially with pretty much no physical contact whatsoever between any characters) is just...so little to wait for. I'm optimistic about how the updates have sped up in general for sure, but yeah, there needs to be more actual physical contact here. I have a strong feeling the people wanting just this "voyeuristic" type of stuff and nothing else are in a vast, vast minority.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Question: has the capture the snitch minigame for the Ginny questline been made not impossible yet?

3.00 star(s) 320 Votes