uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
If I ban people by IP for seeding the game and report them (to their service provider abuse contact), so be it. You aren't a lawyer and shouldn't act like one with regards to parody laws and copyright.

Lastly, I was trying to be helpful and suggested they wait for a mod to vet the file, instead of insecurely transferring stuff with ads put inside... and modified executables that don't match our official release
You do realise that by repressing hackers and modders you are just motivating them more right. There are a myriad of ways to spoof ip and you are going to surely lose the battle.
Btw i already download your latest version of your game.
(Illegally of course)

Last edited:

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
Because hypocrisy is funny. Double-standards are funny. Example from you reporting my post that you just responded to:
View attachment 516944
So when you post about it, it's fine, but when I reply to your post, it's "side-tracking nonsense"?

See? That's funny to me.

You don't have to be a lawyer to see the hilarity of this situation; you're threatening our members for stealing intellectual property while doing so yourself. Then you wrap yourself in the delusion that you're somehow better than everyone else on this forum as evidenced repeatedly in your comments and bullying of our members on this thread.

I have zero interest in your game. If I wanted a story about a nerd who never gets laid in school, I'd write my autobiography.

See again? The truth is funny. Because it's true.
He is just like the school of lust dev who harassed main laim

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
And btw i am not afraid about ip blocking. I have a Premium VPN and i am not from USA.
Yeah, apparently I was "threatening" the user base when I informed them of actions already taken. I just didn't want people doing stuff insecurely then complaining they got a virus etc. I have no clue what was in the torrent, and informing people of steps I had already taken was threatening them by the mods standards.

So with that, they will probably delete this and act like I am the bad guy.
(VPN's are smart!)

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
Anyway, now that i gave my opinion. I shall go back to my chair andd grab a popcorn to watch the altercation.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Yeah, apparently I was "threatening" the user base when I informed them of actions already taken. I just didn't want people doing stuff insecurely then complaining they got a virus etc. I have no clue what was in the torrent, and informing people of steps I had already taken was threatening them by the mods standards.

So with that, they will probably delete this and act like I am the bad guy.
(VPN's are smart!)
Ahh, OK, I see where the disconnect is, let me explain with examples. Since by your own admission, you're the one reporting people:

"Hey, look out! That guy is going to stab you!" <---- This is helpful

"I'm going to stab you." <---- This is threatening

Granted, I'm not a lawyer so it's possible I could be completely wrong about this and everything else. :rolleyes:

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Ahh, OK, I see where the disconnect is, let me explain with examples. Since by your own admission, you're the one reporting people:

Granted, I'm not a lawyer so it's possible I could be completely wrong about this and everything else. :rolleyes:
You just like to argue apparently, awesome. Makes sense.

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017

I am no lawyer either but I know a copyright expert who works on youtube by helping the non lawyers about copyright. You really should search for him. He should help us against bullies

Reactions: JoeBanks

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
You just like to argue apparently, awesome. Makes sense.
Now I'm confused. I was simply responding to you threatening our members; you insisted you weren't threatening but instead "trying to help" and I explained the difference between what you say you did and what you actually did.

Wait, is this another thing I can't understand because I'm not a lawyer? I'm really starting to question my life choices here.

LiefdeJood

Sep 13, 2017
Yikes. Time to throw this game in the bin. A dev making a parody game threatening its users with an ip-ban.. I've never seen something that ironic yet stupid. I hope that all the patrons find their worth because I'm not going to bother with it again. God speed to you all & to the mod that bothered to talk with an insanely ironic, milking dev.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
What happen to Mega Files for downloads ? They stopped using that ?
Us or F95? For F95, seems the uploaders didn't use that site this time. We have moved to website only downloads with the Patreon API.

Reactions: AxSn

Darth Nyvol

Aug 3, 2019
Don't you find strange that dev that used free software go on that we are stealing his property as if he was getting paid for his service. Everything that they are using is free to use as long you do not make profit from it. A lot of you stated that is a scam, well I think you are half right. It's more a money laundering scam. They take in over 10000 dollars a month and that why they are taking their time, because I can't see any one staying on Patreon for more than few months. According the web site they have only 1700 donors and they get that much money for a broken game. I guess that many of them have more money than sense.

Jan 13, 2019
This shit got fucking in it yet? I've spent too many hours grinding in this game, doing all the mind numbing ways to progress the story, with no payout. Lemme know if its worth it.

3.00 star(s) 321 Votes