Tourqe

Mar 17, 2018
I read some of the posts and i can understand both views. But if you do not like a product, don't buy it. We all know that we pay for a longer period of time and it is not a one time purchase. I would aslo like a faster production but i still pledged and if i think it will be too much of my money, i cancel. Well, only my opinion. Tear me apart if you want. By the way JoeBanks. COuld you please add more of the Gothic franchise? Would like to see an interaction with Xardas^^

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
I read some of the posts and i can understand both views. But if you do not like a product, don't buy it. We all know that we pay for a longer period of time and it is not a one time purchase. I would aslo like a faster production but i still pledged and if i think it will be too much of my money, i cancel. Well, only my opinion. Tear me apart if you want. By the way JoeBanks. COuld you please add more of the Gothic franchise? Would like to see an interaction with Xardas^^
Xandria is being updated :)

megaera

Nov 12, 2016
This is game is really of form of complex torture. It's one of the subject that i would think is a sure hit in probably one of the absolute worst package/ pacing

Reactions: Jaun Karr

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
bas
I'm probably going to get into trouble for saying this but... why are the mods of this site engaging in an argument with a developer that IMO should have been banned a long time ago? If this was an argument between ordinary users chances are their posts would have been deleted and a warning issued for misconduct, maybe something even more severe. The developer has made it very clear what their stance is on the issue, therefore, they do not belong here. And threatening the users of this community further justifies that ban.

You guys (mods) are supposed to be the pillars of this community, who foster order and peace, please don't add more wood to the fire by partaking in a pitiful argument such as this one - he's just baiting you at this point. And honestly, if the guy can't see the irony and hypocrisy of the situation he set for himself then that alone should speak volumes of whom we're dealing with.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017
Hey there, for some reason the gameplay feels so choppy. Is this an extraction error on my end or is it the game? It's not like other Ren'Py games where buttons and clicks react faster. Playing this game feels like playing a laggy game tbh.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
bas
I'm probably going to get into trouble for saying this but... why are the mods of this site engaging in an argument with a developer that IMO should have been banned a long time ago? If this was an argument between ordinary users chances are their posts would have been deleted and a warning issued for misconduct, maybe something even more severe. The developer has made it very clear what their stance is on the issue, therefore, they do not belong here. And threatening the users of this community further justifies that ban.

You guys (mods) are supposed to be the pillars of this community, who foster order and peace, please don't add more wood to the fire by partaking in a pitiful argument such as this one - he's just baiting you at this point. And honestly, if the guy can't see the irony and hypocrisy of the situation he set for himself then that alone should speak volumes of whom we're dealing with.
I totally understand the irony an hypocrisy, and your points are valid. On the flip side, I do actively answer questions and help people here when they ask about the game.

I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

(Also, I sincerely wanted people to not use torrents exposing their IP info. I think people misread the 2 conflicting ideals, that of protecting our server and trying to attack the community.)

Last edited:

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Hey there, for some reason the gameplay feels so choppy. Is this an extraction error on my end or is it the game? It's not like other Ren'Py games where buttons and clicks react faster. Playing this game feels like playing a laggy game tbh.
Are you using Android or Windows or Mac?

I have noticed Chrome particularly causing additional lag with Renpy games. Can you ensure it's not running?

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
I am using Windows and I use Opera, even though it's not Chrome it is still Chromium based. Would that make a difference?
Well if you are lagging, I would reboot and close everything else, see if it makes a difference. What are the specs of your PC?

Also, try the menu option to turn off the game cursor and use the Windows native one (hit ESC to access the menu):
1579133908619.png

AngelAIGS

Sep 1, 2018
From where that "terminal" server comes from?
Is looking so smooth
And also:
This update adds a new chapter, right?
So i can finally play chapter 5

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
From where that "terminal" server comes from?
Is looking so smooth
And also:
This update adds a new chapter, right?
So i can finally play chapter 5
Chapter 5 is only complete for the Light path, but yes.

Getting console access has been posted previously in the thread, I am no longer sure it will work though. Unfortunately, our programmer keeps changing how the developer module works.

Reactions: AngelAIGS

GoldenEagle

Sep 10, 2018
It's milquetoast fence-sitting time!

So from reading this little controversy, I'd say although it is understandable to discourage players from using torrents in order to better protect themselves, and can be commended for trying to do so, punishing players for using torrents feels very unjust. Especially so when the game involved is a parody. I'd hearken doing this to, say, someone reporting & getting someone else arrested for smoking marijuana in a place where it's not legal because the substance can be potentially dangerous (clearly not a one-on-one comparison). You can discourage that someone from smoking a potentially dangerous substance all you want, but if they want to take the risk, I believe the morally right thing to do is let them be. In this case, some will know about the use of vpns, and others will screw themselves over whether that be from not using a vpn or no anti-virus software thus learning something new. In which case you can vocally discourage this in the comments, possibly on the main page or title screen of the game in order to prevent this from happening often (and angering some players).

That being said, I wish nothing, but the best for this game and those who like playing it.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
It's milquetoast fence-sitting time!

So from reading this little controversy, I'd say although it is understandable to discourage players from using torrents in order to better protect themselves, and can be commended for trying to do so, punishing players for using torrents feels very unjust. Especially so when the game involved is a parody. I'd hearken doing this to, say, someone reporting & getting someone else arrested for smoking marijuana in a place where it's not legal because the substance can be potentially dangerous (clearly not a one-on-one comparison). You can discourage that someone from smoking a potentially dangerous substance all you want, but if they want to take the risk, I believe the morally right thing to do is let them be. In this case, some will know about the use of vpns, and others will screw themselves over whether that be from not using a vpn or no anti-virus software thus learning something new. In which case you can vocally discourage this in the comments, possibly on the main page or title screen of the game in order to prevent this from happening often (and angering some players).

That being said, I wish nothing, but the best for this game and those who like playing it.
Yes, I will just unblock the IPs from our server. I probably went a step too far to make my point.

• Wow
Reactions: CurtisBlaydes
3.00 star(s) 322 Votes