Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
This game legitimately makes me feel stupid. I don't think I should be having this much trouble.
It is frustratingly obtuse at times, Innocent Witches really does feel like a game made by people who don't know how to make a game. No one on its staff seems to have any game design acumen, at times I wonder if they've played any games at all. Combine that with a shaky translation, an abundance of single use mechanics, easily missed instructions, and a lack of progress and the game can definitely feel more difficult than it actually is at times. Especially that goddamn swimsuit section.

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
This game legitimately makes me feel stupid. I don't think I should be having this much trouble.
It is frustratingly obtuse at times, Innocent Witches really does feel like a game made by people who don't know how to make a game. No one on its staff seems to have any game design acumen, at times I wonder if they've played any games at all. Combine that with a shaky translation, an abundance of single use mechanics, easily missed instructions, and a lack of progress and the game can definitely feel more difficult than it actually is at times. Especially that goddamn swimsuit section.
Chapter 4 objectives have been updated to make it more clear. We will be revisiting some of the previous stuff to make it better. We were focused on pushing new content and that has been why it seems that bad. I didn't make the swimsuit quest, so apologies. I do understand there are many sections where one can get lost, we will get around to making it better.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Chapter 4 objectives have been updated to make it more clear. We will be revisiting some of the previous stuff to make it better. We were focused on pushing new content and that has been why it seems that bad. I didn't make the swimsuit quest, so apologies. I do understand there are many sections where one can get lost, we will get around to making it better.
If I can make a recommendation if you haven't already done this, the most obvious thing you need to work on is the journal system. By which I mean your mission log needs to me more specific or provide fairly obvious hints about what to do next for any given mission. Remember that you're making a game about sex, not an epic, sprawling adventure. People are out to fap and the most successful games on patreon and by extension this site focus on content delivery, not content unlocking. Simplification and providing direction would help you most at this point.

Also, some actual sex scenes would probably help.

seifun

Jul 4, 2019
For days I'm stuck and can't accomplish the objectives "use legilemency on Ginny's mind" and "Unlock the diary with the thing Ginny thinks most about" actually dialog is always the same and she always can't concentrate on one of the things.
I basically should have all the means to achieve these tasks and wander how often one should summon her what I'm doing wrong. (legilemency level 1)

I'm also curious on the achievement to catch Daphne torturing (as it seems) Susan how and when is this possible?

Last edited:

hubaba

Oct 29, 2019
Just want to give a small review of the game. I think it's 95% great but minor bad gameplay decisions make it infuriating at times and really difficult to play.

First of all, some quests are really dragged. Path is unclear. Complicated things gets even worse with many unneeded options. Swimsuit quest is a good example. You start gathering panties earlier than needed, at some point you do that for no reason and hope to gain any progress. Then you get a week long quest to swap swimsuits where it's impossible to tell if you are doing it wrong or not until next week. Just make a stop point on every swap that says you did everything right, a way to track remaining girls and don't rollback at the end of the week.

Economy is a joke, you need money to progress and the way to get it is bad.

Tutorial girl feels useless and annoying. I know you can turn it off but at this point I have no clue what's the purpose of those "new zones" she announces all the time. She needs some better integration to play some role in the game. Probably a bug, but had troubles unlocking her wardrobe because I talked to mermaid in Prologue and returned her clams (how could I know 2 minutes after starting the game). So mermaid left, I have a red line in my quest log and unable to level-up tutorial girl for the rest of the game.

I really like that this game is more "tease" type than most other adult games. With seamless progression such games are really fun to play. But I don't agree with giving sex scene (the one with Minerva) at the very beginning of the game. Really confusing and affects later experience. This scene does not even impact later dialogues... I assume it was just a way to please fans and will be moved to the later parts when game is closer to be complete? Same problem with start menu background. Gives you false expectations.

Slow start. It really feels like game is unfinished when you get locked in your room at the beginning of act 1. Many options that does nothing, nothing happening, takes too long, feels like you are stuck. Probably the worst thing to do in game design is to give bad early impression.

Menu issues. Saving/Loading is harder than it should be. No Save/Load button in the menu. No way to switch to loading from save menu and the other way around. Clock menu. With the way game works right now you really need a way to switch dates. Not just "wake up, set time to 10pm, go to sleep, repeat for 4 weeks or until weekends".

In general, I really like the game. It's a rare thing to see such detailed and high quality artworks. When even interface design and sound compliment it well. Really well done there. I wish you good luck finishing this game. Hope it does not take 10 more years :)

locomakle

Dec 12, 2017
Been lurking the game since may 2018 wanting to play it and i have to say it's sad that something with so much potential is still with this "broken" release form, not only that but having to replay the entire game with every update (risking to doing that in an update with critical bugs that you won't see until a good chunk of playtime) kills the depth of the story by burning out the player. Hopefully there the save compatibility will be here soon after the rework (hope is all i can have) but untill then all i can say is :cry:

pdj123

Oct 28, 2018
Been lurking the game since may 2018 wanting to play it and i have to say it's sad that something with so much potential is still with this "broken" release form, not only that but having to replay the entire game with every update (risking to doing that in an update with critical bugs that you won't see until a good chunk of playtime) kills the depth of the story by burning out the player. Hopefully there the save compatibility will be here soon after the rework (hope is all i can have) but untill then all i can say is :cry:
You don't have to replay the whole game though, you can just start in the newest chapter...

shrekker

Jul 15, 2018
I'd just like to say that, with the exception of the swimsuit quest (which with maybe 3 minutes of brain power, a trained monkey can figure out) the game is pleasantly difficult. It forces you to pace your progression a little bit. I found myself forgetting at times I was playing a fap game and was just enjoying the art and the subtle, yet almost innocent corruption themes. The translation, as far as I've found, has been excellent. A couple typo's here and there but nothing that anyone has any reasonable cause to complain about.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Man, not only the game is full of text and slight teasing, leaving the actual good parts (the very few ones this has) to the very end, but also, every time the make a fucking update, you loose all your progress. Let that sink in; all the progress of a clicking nightmare full of text and even with some absurdly complex quests (the guys who made this game actually had to put out a walkthrough for some of the stuff, because it was convoluted as fuck). Then, they tell you "yo, nevermind, you can re-start the game from the latest chapter if you want", but the don't tell you that you loose all your advancements with the girls, you need to redo some quests, grind your stats and farm money. So yeah... I think I'm going to forget about this overly well drawn crap for a year or two until it's actually finished and I have regained the patience for replaying it.

3.00 star(s) 322 Votes