jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Why is this game popular in Patreon but not here?
Because people here aparrantly tenfold more appreciate various 3d-DAZ kind of games, much fewer give a crap about art and 2d in general, especially if it's completely static (at least, this is not the case). This game however, has been received more attention than similiar due to dubious development history and outstanding 2d look at the same time.
I found myself forgetting at times I was playing a fap game
Yeah, many people did mention that :HideThePain:

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Because people here aparrantly tenfold more appreciate various 3d-DAZ kind of games, much fewer give a crap about art and 2d in general, especially if it's completely static (at least, this is not the case). This game however, has been received more attention than similiar due to dubious development history and outstanding 2d look at the same time.

Yeah, many people did mention that :HideThePain:
And yet some of the most popular games on here are 2D. People don't like 3D DAZ games more than 2D, they're simply far easier to produce content for than 2D games are and therefore get updated far more often and more consistently than 2D games do. Thus these 3D games get more attention because people get what they want quicker.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
And yet some of the most popular games on here are 2D. People don't like 3D DAZ games more than 2D, they're simply far easier to produce content for than 2D games are and therefore get updated far more often and more consistently than 2D games do. Thus these 3D games get more attention because people get what they want quicker.
Define popular then, otherwise you have nice self-contradictory there. Even Summertime Saga has fewer reviews, likes and discussion than Being a DIK and SS's the only exception (to be close at least) I know of. Also, I wouldn't be so sure about production difficulty. All that new flashy animation and top-quality renders're require a lot of time and skill to invest, it's just don't require to be an artist.

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Define popular then, otherwise you have nice self-contradictory there. Even Summertime Saga has fewer reviews, likes and discussion than Being a DIK and SS's the only exception (to be close at least) I know of. Also, I wouldn't be so sure about production difficulty. All that new flashy animation and top-quality renders're require a lot of time and skill to invest, it's just don't require to be an artist.

Nothing contradictory about my post. 3D games on average are quicker to update since it takes a lot less work and proficiency to make them than it does to animate a 2D game. There's a reason 3D animation almost completely supplanted 2D animation in film and television. Summertime Saga would be the most popular game on the site if it updated more than twice a year, which does not happen simply because it takes far, far longer to produce quality content for. The simple fact of the matter is that it's far easier to snatch up or alter a handful of premade animation ready character models, using premade assets for environments, and even already made animation sets to create a game with. As a result a 3D based game can develop a far more active fan base by being a far more active project. That's what gets attention from the average person, having a game more regularly pop up on the updated list leads to more views, leads to more discussion, leads to more reviews. This isn't opinion, this is fact.

inbed0

Apr 22, 2018
Hello! Want to say that I've really enjoyed the game. It's art. So you appreciate what people create and you enjoy it, or you ignore it.

Question: I cannot get the Ginny quest to progress (everything else in Chapter 5 is done!!!). Minerva will not talk about anything. If I summon Ginny formally or informally she asks me if I'm ready to guess. Have talked to Flitwick and clicked the teddy bear. Nothing happens beyond the generic text.

It seems like I cannot get Minerva to talk, or I cannot find Ginny's diary.

Is this a known bug? Or suggestions? Thanks very much!

3.00 star(s) 322 Votes