Easy Pete

DYNAMITE <3 GIRL DICK<3 DOGS <3
Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Lured me in with the art....disappointed me with everything else....the only worthwhile scene is with the older professor lady at the BEGGINING of the game...after that disappointment after disappointment. GJ

Wasted so much time on this DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I feel like a lot of the people constantly bitching in this thread aren't even playing the game anymore and just want to talk shit out of spite.
I did when this was in 0.1 versions and that was years ago and since then only updates has been more grind and stupid tasks which lead to nowhere and also saves compability between versions was promised long ago but as you have noticed it's still not a thing.

Wasted so much time on this DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!
and that's been said only "few" times.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Easy Pete

Easy Pete

DYNAMITE <3 GIRL DICK<3 DOGS <3
Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I did when this was in 0.1 versions and that was years ago and since then only updates has been more grind and stupid tasks which lead to nowhere and also saves compability between versions was promised long ago but as you have noticed it's still not a thing.
I played this thing very Very early in development and said to myself "Eh not much content, I'll wait this one out for more CONTENT to be added"...YEARS later "I guess not much has changed". I was just waiting for it to pop off, one more cutscene and something lewd will happen, but the MC is such a pussy ass bitch it hurts,seriously a girl prevents you from leaving your office...go kill your self.
Honestly not even THAT mad but seriously who funds this, so much potential and puff nothing, genuinely how? So many great games get abandoned but people still pay for THIS? That's what kinda' grinds my gears.
(If you read this thank you, I really needed to vent <3)

And if anyone else is reading this after you downloaded this game:

STOP, NOT WORTH IT! DELETE, SAVE YOUR TIME FOR ACTUAL GAMES WITH CONTENT!

emshowg

Feb 10, 2020
So wait... other than new shower scenes for two characters (which likely equates to 1 picture scene each with minor animations), there is no actual new content here from 0.6.1a??

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
Looks like there's some problem with the save? Any time the game tries to autosave (going to sleep) or if I try to force a save (option S) the game throws an error. I'm also unable to import any saves that I've downloaded here.

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/mechanics/clock.rpy", line 255, in <module>
File "game/scripts/game_callbacks.rpy", line 10, in daily_save
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 59, in script call
One third removed.
File "/private/var/folders/c4/s6c1v6411nvg_ylf0pf7tmkh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/4236013B-A8F0-4D3B-9AD0-DB412738CA2C/d/Innocent Witches.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 437, in save
location.save(slotname, sr)
File "/private/var/folders/c4/s6c1v6411nvg_ylf0pf7tmkh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/4236013B-A8F0-4D3B-9AD0-DB412738CA2C/d/Innocent Witches.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/savelocation.py", line 429, in save
raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Innocent Witches 0.6-beta
Mon Oct 5 20:19:44 2020
```

I looked into this very briefly. It looks like the previous version (the alpha for this version number) saved files to folder named Innocent-Witches-0-6-4 but this version didn't create a new folder for its version. I tried creating what I thought would be the corresponding save folder (Innocent-Witches-0-6-5) but to no avail.

Now to be totally fair, since no Mac version of the new version was posted, I took the Mac version of the alpha and merged the new game folder from the Windows release of the beta into the old Mac one. That strategy usually works for Renpy games (all of the game scripts are completely interoperable) but something made it not work here. I have no interest in digging further.

Reactions: Phobos69
Apr 10, 2020
So wait... other than new shower scenes for two characters (which likely equates to 1 picture scene each with minor animations), there is no actual new content here from 0.6.1a??
Well there is supposedly also a statue minigame, and a clean up of old stuff. The part of me that does not want to be diappointed says at least it's another somewhat on schedule update. The other part of me, however, wonders where the two minigames with Daphne and Luna went--the ones that "didn't quite make" the last update. Also why the almost finished Hermione minigame didn't...well...finish. That and where Joe went. I thought the last update was solid. This one, less so.

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Hello someone can tell me what is really the new content without answer "Just shitty grind, don't waste your time blah blah..."

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I confess I am one of the many “so called idiots” who support sad crab with IW.

I avoided this game for months (didn’t like the prison scene at start).
A few days ago I tried and just love it.

On first sight, I thought: “OK give it an excellent review, but save the money, they get enough from others (14k$).
On second sight, I realized this should not be my criteria. Important is what I get out of it for me personally.

So I support them, with little money and some time on discord, making suggestions e.g.
On discord I can see, how much work is done on this project, how intense they work and how many hours some of them work.

That’s it for me in the moment, in a few weeks may be I stop playing and supporting – and come back later.
Imo it’s a great game, and it’s still great when it grows slowly. Slowlyness doesn’t make it a bad one imo.

Finally I would like to ask for more tolerance. Having not the same opinion does not make anyone an idiot

emshowg

Feb 10, 2020
Well there is supposedly also a statue minigame, and a clean up of old stuff. The part of me that does not want to be diappointed says at least it's another somewhat on schedule update. The other part of me, however, wonders where the two minigames with Daphne and Luna went--the ones that "didn't quite make" the last update. Also why the almost finished Hermione minigame didn't...well...finish. That and where Joe went. I thought the last update was solid. This one, less so.
Word... I was looking forward to the Hermione minigame too and the rework of Luna.

3.00 star(s) 324 Votes