KvarDL

Aug 2, 2017
View attachment 1625319

Really? Really? The above is what you get when you enable dev mode with a patch file. It then immediately quits. Are we doing this stupid shit? FYI, JoiPlay (what many of us use on android for renpy games as it's much better than native installs) enables dev console by default. I use dev console on desktop to fix your dumb bugs and to make it compatible with android controllers.

Fuck yo' couch.

The included mod disables all known lockouts, including at this point:
  • dev console lockout
  • "test version" lockout, since the patch posted earlier in the thread doesn't work for me
Note that this patch isn't guaranteed to work perfectly, especially with other mods installed. It relies on a little bug in the ren'py engine, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes restarting fixes it, sometimes you need to delete other mods. I made this for JoiPlay and there it doesn't seem to have issues, so I'm happy to leave it at that. I have a more reliable way to enable dev console on desktop but that one is trivial to figure out if you decompile the game code, so it's left as an exercise to the reader.

P.S.: They'll probably fix my workarounds, so in the future, there's a very easy way to get around update lockouts: use , which allows you to run any application in an isolated sandbox, for example one with disabled internet.
well, or i'm doing something wrong, or it doesn't work for me. I've unziped it into the game folder and started the game. Haven't seen any differents to activate the dev mode.

Scove

Mar 20, 2020
When i open the game it says: im playing a test version and it closes the game,, but i got the latest releaseo_O does someone have the same issue
Yep. Two ways to fix it, either just disconnect the internet and start the game or their is a "fix" patch on the home page of the game that will not check the version of it.

T4Tea

Aug 14, 2019
A summary of memory cheat for 0.8.4 :
1. Make a .txt called " erecto totalus"
2. put it where the game .exe is
3. Launch the game
Alternatively
1. Download the .zip
2. take the .txt in it and move it to the game . exe location
3. Launch the game

John Dane

May 21, 2018
I played the game without getting much scenes.........
I think I missed lot of gameplay even with following guide.

jbk

Apr 4, 2017
For those with the borked alpha version and the error handler that won't let you finish events, I've made another little mod that disables SadCrab's pretty error handler. This restores the IGNORE option (bottom left corner), and usually your game continues as normal after clicking a couple times.

It's a shame because their code is neatly structured and such, but bugs like these slip in because the static testing of the game code is pretty weak in ren'py and it takes so long to play through the entire game that finding bits of code that no longer work is genuinely a drag for the developers. The plot branching isn't extraordinary, but getting good coverage off all the different routes and especially all the different orders in which you could possibly finish parallel quests definitely is hard. The show-stopping bugs this time were literally just a couple benign commands that changed the character portraits eyes and stuff like that.

Afaik there's no Selenium-like automated coverage/testing suite for ren'py games, which would catch these types of bugs. It has to be done manually and... that's what alpha's are for. It's really unfortunate that the custom error handler doesn't have the default ignore option, because it is an otherwise excellent addition to the game. Four out of five stars.
Thanks man that saved my playthrough

luiizz2000

Apr 22, 2020
i have a problem in the task "right tools for the job" when i have to summon ginny nothing happens >> "summon ginny and enquire about potter"

Reactions: fake3001
Jan 11, 2019
for anyone that wannts to get memory fragments fast, you can just reset achievements and unlock all with the cheatmenu and give 710 fragments each time

shadelight2000

Jun 19, 2020
so im in new plot act 2 chapter one and assisting luna before the test and an error shows up when she arrives. please does anyone know how to fix this

AzyGoblin

Aug 14, 2019

Heya people!
We’re back to posting regular development news, which means today we’ll share the current status of the next update, some of the plans for the future and other game-related stuff. Let’s start!
First of all, the preview that will be shared in the following post is about one of the characters, Colin Creevey, getting his own dialogue portrait. Since he plays (and will play) his role in the plot, we just couldn’t use the default portrait for him. We also made him a little bit more battered so that he actually looks like the creepy and suspicious type he is in the story.
Next, let’s discuss the most crucial topic - the release date of the version 0.9B. Recently, all of the tasks for the artists were outlined and now we can roughly estimate the time it will take to actually draw everything that is planned. For that the artists gathered together in Discord and all the tasks were assigned to each of them by Siserg according to artists’ personal preferences. After this process was done the completion time was estimated to be around one and a half months, give or take. This includes one new fullscreen scene and many smaller scenes that happen during the new side quest. Therefore, with these rough estimations, the release should happen around the end of march / start of april. We’ll keep you updated about this as we get closer to the release.
And now a couple of words about the events that will happen in the next update. As it was mentioned before, we will try to experiment a bit with this one and make one big side quest instead of several smaller ones. During this quest several unexpected things will happen, and there will be a number of interesting interactions between Marcus and main prefects. In addition, some of the (long untouched) side characters will be involved. Finally, there might or might not be more interactions with “not-very-human” character(s). This should surely spice things up a bit, as well as make the story more diverse.
We should also mention some of the more technical plans that we have for this upcoming release. First of all, it’s the update functionality for the launcher. We’ve recently started prototyping for this feature, and we’ll share more results as we get more tangible results. Next is the integration of the community translations into the game. Some of you guys were very fast with translating all the text, so we’ll try to finish this as fast as possible.
Finally, we will start implementing the Live2D functionality for locations. This will allow us to enable smooth animation for locations, such as moving foliage, blinking lights, etc. At the moment we have Live2D animations for one location (both day and night versions), together with the short scene that happens there. These are waiting for their insertion into the game. However, we also understand that animating the scenes is more preferable than the locations, so don’t worry, both of our animators (Nikky-Nikky and Grapefruit-sama) already work on that. As soon as we get a more or less stable Live2D model we’ll share a short preview in one of the next updates, so stay tuned!
Additionally, we still continue to work on fixing bugs you beautiful guys and gals report via Discord channel. We truly appreciate this since it helps us make the game better for everyone. At the moment, most of the bugs are related to either the old plot and some of the events there, or to minor errors and (most of the time) skippable crashes. Since most of the players were able to successfully finish the latest release, we won’t make another hotfix and instead include these fixes (together with new bugs) in the next release.

And now let’s vote! As you might’ve noticed (or not), in the previous release (0.8.4B and 0.9.1A) we’ve updated some of the existing models to make them a little bit more shiny and polished. More specifically, Snape’s, Draco’s and Dumbledore’s models were partly reworked, mostly their faces and emotions. Did you like the changes? Or were they so minor that you didn’t even notice? Vote and / or comment down below! Thanks.
As the development is gaining speed and we get more and more art finished, we’ll be sharing more previews and info in the coming weeks. Thank you for your support and feedback <3
Yours,
Team Sadcrab.

3.00 star(s) 321 Votes