HeartBroker

Jul 20, 2018
The news from 20.12.2023:

Hello, wizards!

One more development cycle is past us and it’s time to update you on what’s happening with Innocent Witches at the moment, and also have some words before the year ends. Let’s start.

Beginning with an art-preview (available in the following post). This time it’s… Hermione! And not just miss know-it-all in her usual outfit, but fresh out of the shower. Ugh, if only she didn’t have that darn towel on her…

Ahem, next, a short summary about what’s been done for 0.11A.

• Most of the coding time, as expected, went into insertion of the new content into the game. As of now, about one third of the new chapter has been implemented and tested in the game. This content includes some of the existing events blended together with new encounters.
  • Artists continued to work on the current tasks that are still left to be finished. Siserg has been hard at work on finishing the Great Hall, one of the new locations, and filling it with minions. Since the hall is called, well, great, the amount of minions is also quite high, so it takes some time to fill in all the benches for all four faculties. Other artists are working on smaller tasks, such as minions on the locations for different story encounters, interactive objects in locations, and a couple of inventory items.

One major task is still ahead of us and it’s the fullscreen scene with the elf-maid. It will be done by Siserg so first he’ll need to finish the Great Hall and only then will he switch on the scene.
  • The scenario people are now planning the events for 0.11B, which will focus on chapter 2 in act 2. In this chapter all the prefects will be back in Hogwarts and ready to act. This means that it will finally be the proper time to re-add the existing fullscreen scenes with them from the old plot. And that’s of course on top of the new events that will continue the story after chapter 1.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Next, a couple of words about the tasks that are left for 0.11A. As it was mentioned earlier, the part of the main story about finding the ingredients and brewing the polyjuice potion is almost finished. After it’s done we’ll start the second part, in which Marcus will have to adapt to everyday life as a female student in Hogwarts. This part will be bigger than the first one and will take more time considering any of the four waifus can be missing, and therefore all four will need their own piece of the story. In the end we think it’ll be worth it and will add more diversity and immersion into the game.

In addition, a couple of new characters will make their appearance in the main events. This will act as an introductory stage for them, so that further down the story they will join the club and will be able to visit Marcus like other girls. It will also help to expand the roster of female students from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, as these two faculties currently don’t have as many girls as the other two. For example, Gryffindor has Ginny, Hermione and Parvati, and Slyterin has Daphne and Nola, while Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff have only Luna and Susan respectively.

One last thing, there will be no voting this time. However! We’re currently holding a “Miss Hogwarts” contest where you can vote for one of the two lovely participants each day. Only one of them will make it to the first place, so be sure to vote for those you like the most! The voting and the brackets are available here -

And of course, it’s almost Christmas and New Year’s Eve. We won’t be repeating others and tell you the same old stuff, we will just say that we’re moving forward and that wouldn’t happen without you and your continuous support, feedback and everlasting interest in the game. Thank you! We are grateful for that and will move forward with the development, despite everything that is happening, so that you continue to enjoy the game and will eventually play the full and finished version of Innocent Witches. Until then, have a good one!

Looking forward to meeting you all in 2024 with more info about the development and of course with more awesome art that we all love.

Stay strong.

Peace ✌

Your,

Sad Crabs.
And there it is. This update post couldn't have been more predictable: a scene no one wants, new characters "introduced" (see: art, but no story/content), and a single teaser pic of the Queen Bee herself.

Honestly, the only thing that will get these guys to push out actual content would be if someone did what they did and started building off their game. I mean...what are they gonna do, sue the new developer?

This is the exact shit you see when a game becomes a nigh monopoly in a niche area. I mean, think about that "new characters" piece. We all know it's going to be a new picture and maybe if we're lucky, some lines of dialogue. There are webcomics that push out more content at a better quality than that, and they do it three times a week. It's pathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: otranu and anon513

GrompotGino

Oct 23, 2021
And there it is. This update post couldn't have been more predictable: a scene no one wants, new characters "introduced" (see: art, but no story/content), and a single teaser pic of the Queen Bee herself.

Honestly, the only thing that will get these guys to push out actual content would be if someone did what they did and started building off their game. I mean...what are they gonna do, sue the new developer?

This is the exact shit you see when a game becomes a nigh monopoly in a niche area. I mean, think about that "new characters" piece. We all know it's going to be a new picture and maybe if we're lucky, some lines of dialogue. There are webcomics that push out more content at a better quality than that, and they do it three times a week. It's pathetic.
It's a shame the developers lock the other updates behind a pay wall but if you did see them you will know that the new characters are required for continuing the story. Right now they are still trying to tie the old plot into the new which is frustrating at times. My advice to you is be patient, the end product will be great. Let the ''suckers'' pay the ''milkers'' and you just kick back and enjoy a free game.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
It's a shame the developers lock the other updates behind a pay wall but if you did see them you will know that the new characters are required for continuing the story. Right now they are still trying to tie the old plot into the new which is frustrating at times. My advice to you is be patient, the end product will be great. Let the ''suckers'' pay the ''milkers'' and you just kick back and enjoy a free game.
The "end product" being great is about 20 years down the line at their current pace.

HeartBroker

Jul 20, 2018
They've been tying the two plots together for almost three years. I have zero faith I'll be alive when this game is finish--if it's finished at all.

Targak

Mar 14, 2019
What I find incredibly funny (besides the lack of content and such) is that they lock the news behind a paywall for a week

tibujura

Jun 3, 2020
they are so lazy that the half hour they get on a zoom call to write down some lies and excuses wrapped as "news" counts as content in their heads.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

DarthMalguss

Aug 7, 2019
The "end product" being great is about 20 years down the line at their current pace.
Of course, in the patch note they directly wrote that they changed the plot again. Does anyone keep statistics on how many times they did this? According to Patron, they are paid $22,000 monthly. Why are they paid such a sum is unclear :KEK:

Ly-2aiDSioo.jpg

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Of course, in the patch note they directly wrote that they changed the plot again. Does anyone keep statistics on how many times they did this? According to Patron, they are paid $22,000 monthly. Why are they paid such a sum is unclear :KEK:

View attachment 3230999
They're paid that much for a very, very obvious reason: Hermione with big tits. That's the beginning and end of it. They have a solid art style and aped one of the most popular intellectual properties in the world. It's the same reason Something Unlimited is able to pull in around $20,000 a month for about a week or work once every two month.

Minado

Aug 25, 2017
The update pace was good when akabur was making witch trainer, but he stoped just because this guys kept using his work, since he stoped this guys cant keep up and are just milking everyone

they also started changing the plot when they had no more akabur story to base themselfs on

their work is good, i like it, but for 22k month they could defntly finish this in a couple years, the problem is that after they do finish the 22k month ends, and they will have to think of a game for themselfs instead of stealing another akabur story

akabur is slow and yet he ends games faster than this guys, at least i think he is honest

6 months and nothing i am a litle disapointed

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
The update pace was good when akabur was making witch trainer, but he stoped just because this guys kept using his work, since he stoped this guys cant keep up and are just milking everyone

they also started changing the plot when they had no more akabur story to base themselfs on

their work is good, i like it, but for 22k month they could defntly finish this in a couple years, the problem is that after they do finish the 22k month ends, and they will have to think of a game for themselfs instead of stealing another akabur story

akabur is slow and yet he ends games faster than this guys, at least i think he is honest

Are there any other games based on the HP series (loosely or otherwise)?
I've played Witch Trainer (and its spin-offs), Lust Academy and IW, plus the alpha of With Hermione which has recently restarted development.
Any other decent ones out there?

Reactions: ViktorShahter

GrompotGino

Oct 23, 2021

Some of your comments are not accurate. I share your frustration but let me clarify. The reason that an old plot and new plot exists is because the story writer/developer took a backseat around 2018/19 (end of the old plot) and thus they needed to bring in a new writer which started the new plot. Everyone will agree that the original old plot was abysmal and the English translation was none existing especially early game. So the new writer started act 2 and that progressed but the elephant in the room was the old plot needed to be fixed and redone. This is the bit that frustrates me the most because it took 1 year of the development time to go over old ground but they did splash new content in between to spice things up. They are nearly done with that now. I reckon two updates tops and will finally be in the position to move forward with Act 2 and progress the story. In the meantime they are working on new characters, new locations to visit around the castle, they brought in L2Dlive animator to animate the scenes. There is talk about bringing in AI voice acting (poll has gone out for that). That 22k is not a single person pocketing the money. It is split between a teams of 11 people situated in different countries with different time zones. It may be 6 months for people getting the game off this site but for patrons the last update was in early Nov with Halloween update. The next update will be back end of Jan 24.

Loopy

Jul 25, 2017
Nah. These guys weren't even a blip on the radar when Akabur declared Witch Trainer was finished. He didn't really do periodic or episodic releases at that point, probably because the Patreon model hadn't really been developed when he started on it. There were a couple of "betas" perhaps, a lot of posting preview screenshots, and a couple of updates post-release, but not much else. When he declared version 1.0 or 1.0.2 or whatever it was on release, that was because he considered the game finished. Projects like the WT mod this grew out of got started because a majority of players seem to have been disappointed by the lack of scenes that weren't just a couple of sprites (or "chibis" as Akabur called them) bumping into each other.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Are there any other games based on the HP series (loosely or otherwise)?
I've played Witch Trainer (and its spin-offs), Lust Academy and IW, plus the alpha of With Hermione which has recently restarted development.
Any other decent ones out there?
even star channel 34? ofc hermione isn't main girl on it.

Reactions: Jimwalrus

HeartBroker

Jul 20, 2018
Some of your comments are not accurate. I share your frustration but let me clarify. The reason that an old plot and new plot exists is because the story writer/developer took a backseat around 2018/19 (end of the old plot) and thus they needed to bring in a new writer which started the new plot. Everyone will agree that the original old plot was abysmal and the English translation was none existing especially early game. So the new writer started act 2 and that progressed but the elephant in the room was the old plot needed to be fixed and redone. This is the bit that frustrates me the most because it took 1 year of the development time to go over old ground but they did splash new content in between to spice things up. They are nearly done with that now. I reckon two updates tops and will finally be in the position to move forward with Act 2 and progress the story. In the meantime they are working on new characters, new locations to visit around the castle, they brought in L2Dlive animator to animate the scenes. There is talk about bringing in AI voice acting (poll has gone out for that). That 22k is not a single person pocketing the money. It is split between a teams of 11 people situated in different countries with different time zones. It may be 6 months for people getting the game off this site but for patrons the last update was in early Nov with Halloween update. The next update will be back end of Jan 24.
I 've dipped my toe in occasionally as a Patreon and the content they're adding may as well be nothing. 95% of it can be summed up as one of the following:
  1. Redoing a scene slightly. ("Minerva's titty pops out now," or "there's a bit more dialogue said before fucking over the mermaid.")
  2. Turning two still images into a Live2D scene. (More on this later.)
  3. Adding a single sexy background image (ex: student being attacked by a plant).
  4. "You can now access the Christmas/Halloween holiday scene in chapter X as well" (Jesus, how many times have I see this update?)
Even without paying for an updated copy, you can see from the changelog that most of the writing is basically "continuing work on patch 0.XX" and then that patch finally comes out and it's three lines saying some shit like "fixed a bug we created 6 months ago" and "add some pieces of the old plot into the new plot."

Here's October's changelog:

0.9.11B - 03.10.2023​
1. Fixes for various bugs and typos​

0.10.4B - 03.10.2023
0. All the fixes and adjustments that were added in 0.9.11B are also present in 0.10.4B
1. Fixes for various bugs and typos specific for 0.10.3-beta

November's was barely better: adding Lovense support (I don't want to kink shame, but who's asking for this?), a new event for each prefect in the Halloween quest (I've seen this exact post in a previous Halloween, and it was disappointing), and they remade another of Ginny's scenes into a Live2D scene. Which...to be honest, is comparatively one of the more content-heavy updates in the past couple years.

And I gotta say...those Live2D scenes are really putting in some unearned overtime on the changelogs. I'm sure people scoffed before when I said it was basically just making a still image wiggle, but that's truly all it is. I've seen YouTube videos of an entire interactive Live2D model created in a little less than 8 minutes.

Last edited:

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
They're paid that much for a very, very obvious reason: Hermione with big tits. That's the beginning and end of it. They have a solid art style and aped one of the most popular intellectual properties in the world. It's the same reason Something Unlimited is able to pull in around $20,000 a month for about a week or work once every two month.
*Luna with fantastic tits

• Hey there
Reactions: Ludex_ and Moedoe

ViktorShahter

Mar 19, 2019
Dude you saw their roadmap for 2023? We're still in March of 2023.

Reactions: mathias and anon513
3.00 star(s) 321 Votes