noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
I can't open either of the two doors when she's concentrating on the void in the gym? The first is something about finding a key and when I try opening the second, she wakes up. What am I doing wrong here?
You must complete the 1st route in order to unlock the easy way to get to prison from the gym.

KrisChris

Jan 18, 2018
May I know how to go to prison? I try to read the walkthrough but still have no idea. She keeps saying 'I think I can a prison there'.
Also, I found that I couldn't go to the hospital too in this latest version. Try to reset but seems didn't work...

JPeralta

Jan 16, 2018
I can't open either of the two doors when she's concentrating on the void in the gym? The first is something about finding a key and when I try opening the second, she wakes up. What am I doing wrong here?
Play what game and with who?

jsquad

Dec 13, 2017
Maybe a dumb question but after patch 7.4 i can´t play anymore. When i want to start a new game (doesn´t matter if window or fullscreen, resolution etc.), i can´t even click on "new game". It´s like flickering on the whole screen. When i somehow manage to start a new game, no window pops up - i can´t walk, can´t open the closet etc.
Does someone have an idea?

SauceSage

Jan 31, 2018
Im confused at the first bar event with eva. After going to the bathroom i tried to click her speech bubble but it wont respond is this a bug?

Kai-lee-Sei

Jan 12, 2019
Ok, so walkthrough's says to unlock room 15 after accepting Lance's offer, I'm suppose to read his message in the laptop and then talk to Walter in his office at work, and then walk home. I tried that multiple times and nothing's happened. Does Kate have to be drunk for something to happen?

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
Ok, so walkthrough's says to unlock room 15 after accepting Lance's offer, I'm suppose to read his message in the laptop and then talk to Walter in his office at work, and then walk home. I tried that multiple times and nothing's happened. Does Kate have to be drunk for something to happen?
Well, this is what the Search function is for (search "This thread only"). That question has been asked and variously answered a few times above.

But a recap - check that you've done these. I've put them in approximate sequence they come n the game:

1) Have Kate give Lance a massage at the parlor (if you have not yet done that, you may have to get Kate to go on a date with Oli first)

2) Get Kate to visit Walter in his office, and try to ask him a probing question, that he resents - "What are you really up to, Walt?", sort of thing - after Kate's usual Statement B ("nothing", or something to that effect). This triggers a response from the boss that may help to unlock Lance fiddling with his lock outside Apt 15 for you.

3) Get Kate to return to the Police Dept at least once after receiving Lance's email. She has to interact with the detective a bit, before striking up an acquaintance with him as a neighbor.

4) If all else fails, you may have to go to Regedit and alter lancequest to "08", to get you over a bug?

Kai-lee-Sei

Jan 12, 2019
Well, this is what the Search function is for (search "This thread only"). That question has been asked and variously answered a few times above.

But a recap - check that you've done these. I've put them in approximate sequence they come n the game:

1) Have Kate give Lance a massage at the parlor (if you have not yet done that, you may have to get Kate to go on a date with Oli first)

2) Get Kate to visit Walter in his office, and try to ask him a probing question, that he resents - "What are you really up to, Walt?", sort of thing - after Kate's usual Statement B ("nothing", or something to that effect). This triggers a response from the boss that may help to unlock Lance fiddling with his lock outside Apt 15 for you.

3) Get Kate to return to the Police Dept at least once after receiving Lance's email. She has to interact with the detective a bit, before striking up an acquaintance with him as a neighbor.

4) If all else fails, you may have to go to Regedit and alter lancequest to "08", to get you over a bug?
And 2 is where I'm running into a problem. The game for whatever reason doesn't give me the option to ask a probing question. The only option I receive is to just say, no just thought I'd stop by.

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
And are you sure you've completed Section 12.5 > triggering > 18.2 of the official

?

(Also, (1.7.2 > ) 1.7.3 and 1.8?)

See also the official Changelog - "New events" [the first of these] of v0.55 (August 2018) < to find, scroll or pagesearch:

K-L-S: Realize it's difficult for people a lot further on in the game to recall exactly all the triggers & logistics (what leads to what) from a few versions ago, as it's a pretty hugely ramified game at this stage!

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
Just some thoughts on the game overall.
PLEASE SKIP THIS POST IF GENERAL EVALUATION STUFF IS A BIT BORING!

I'm still intrigued by this game - crazy as it definitely is, and despite its various obvious faults (e.g. language; and as regards glitches and bigger bugs, I have to say I must have been lucky (so far), no technical fault has really halted progress in the game.

Luck, and maybe also that I've preferred to wait for "second editions" of each new version. Which are usually relatively debugged.)

I haven't tried the new version (0.8) yet. Partly keeping it until I can properly get into it, time-wise. Partly also the usual fear a "first edition" may come out with glitches unresolved ...

To judge by above comments on this thread, quite a lot of other people evidently still feel or become newly attached to the game, too.

On the other hand - again to judge by this thread - others become disaffected by it, over time.

For various reasons ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FWIW: I just think it's a top game, and a crazily ingenious one, scarily exciting, in its own bonkers way. With a very sympathetic little female protagonist through it all.

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
From the comments on the patreon by the makers, i understood they wanted to cover the worse possible scenario for Kate, then working towards the "good ending".
Anyway this 0.8 version is almost bug free

Alan1986

Apr 17, 2018
Characters creation??? Height, body size. Adding long hairstyle to the beauty salon? Clothes are too expensive, the cost of living is too high...$100 for a single gym visit, $100 for a haircut ... $15 one-way bus trip, $25 taxi ... $50 food per day is insanity or nonsense while MC is making $100 per day at the massage parlor routinely. Adding a bigger map and more activities?

Reactions: David.Ness
3.40 star(s) 55 Votes