KuroKumo

Mar 13, 2020
If I am allowed to give feedback, would it be possible to get Maya to do a gang-bang or something? I think corrupting her would be real fun. P.S. if it is something that is possible in her slut route I have not done that yet.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AdventAnyx

Shirouste

Jul 31, 2017
How do you send Gloria to Carl ? I've clicked "Send her to Carl", choose evening/weekend depending on the current time, then choose to make his shifts brighter, but when I click, it just goes back to the first menu choice. Is this a bug or I'm missing something ?

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
How do you send Gloria to Carl ? I've clicked "Send her to Carl", choose evening/weekend depending on the current time, then choose to make his shifts brighter, but when I click, it just goes back to the first menu choice. Is this a bug or I'm missing something ?
You do this once (the assignment). Then if it's Mon-Fri, you'll be able to open the camera during the evening and see what's up. If you also chose the weekend, the game will calculate some stats for her during Sat-Sun (apply +1 oral, give her cum, etc.), so that you won't need to do this manually every weekend if you want her "happy cum-slut" buff up and running constantly.

Reactions: Shirouste

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Is there hints to unlock achievements? Or this is not implemented yet
No hints yet. Once this whole thingy is finalized I'll add some way (or system) to unlock hints so that you'd have a choice: finish the requirements and see what you need to unlock the achievement, or ignore it and try doing it blindly. It's just a thought for now, no promises.

Reactions: abgazil and Del.Mar

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Okay - so I love this game, I'd got bored of most of the identikit renpy game on here but this is great.

However - right from the off this game cause my fans to speed to up to the max and is very very laggy. I get this with most unity games and have sometimes hit small temporary issues with renpy games but its rare. This game has had it from the start with no let up.

I think I'm far into the game (level 3 of the exhibitionist trait) and now I can't save. When ever I do it hangs for 30 seconds (which it was doing from the start) but now it doesn't actually save and errors saying renpy has run out of memory

From the get go and seeing all the animations I did wonder whether this game would run into ren'py memory errors. I don't think ren'py is going to be your friend if you continue growing this game, its getting to big for it.

I don't know if this would solve the issue nut It may be better to split it into 3 different games and have some tool to carry across variables from one game to the next.

Game 1 - introduction
Game 2 - MC as IT
Game 3 - MC as boss

FYI:- I'm not on a gaming rig but I'm using a 2 year old Del XPS 15

I just checked and the game had defaulted to run on the onboard intel graphics chip, I changed this so it ran on the Nvidea gtx 1080 and the game performance improved in terms of lag but I still get the memory error when trying to save.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
MemoryError: out of memory

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 419, in save
    six.reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 405, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "E:\User\Downloads\Megasync\iNSight-of-you-ver.6b-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
MemoryError: out of memory

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
iNSight of you ver.6b
Sun Nov 15 15:00:16 2020

Last edited:

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
I'm nowhere close to being competent in the matter, but I think this is the case of Renpy sucking ass at laptops. Someone in this thread reported that they fixed this by "assigning it to the video card". Whatever that means.

Read here

Wish you good luck. That's the best I can do, unfortunately. :HideThePain:

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I'm nowhere close to being competent in the matter, but I think this is the case of Renpy sucking ass at laptops. Someone in this thread reported that they fixed this by "assigning it to the video card". Whatever that means.

Read here

Wish you good luck. That's the best I can do, unfortunately. :HideThePain:
Actually I just edited my thread to say I'd tried that, the game runs better on my actual graphics card :FacePalm: but I still get the memory error when trying to save. You can see how long I've been a member on here. I've never had a problem with ren'py saving a game. Which suggests its something to do with the game. I suspect as the game gets bigger its only going to become more and more of an issue for other people

Its very odd that the memory issue only occurs when saving as there are no videos playing. I suspect the save files themselves are getting too big, My latest save is 5,030 KB.

As renpy defaults all saves to the renpy folder in \appdata\ I've been able to quickly scan through a bunch of other games save files and I've not been able to find on that's over 500kb. So for some reason your games save files are 10x the size of anything else I can find.

How big are other peoples save files?

One other thing the auto saves are ~300KB, this is the size I would expect a ren'py save to be, so something defo looks wrong with the manual saves. I've attached mine, I've no idea if its possible to interrogate them, but if you can find out why the manual save is 16x larger than the auto save that was made in the same time it might help.

I see the game is trying to save in 2 locations, perhaps that is another part of the issue? A massive file * 2

By default ren'py saves your game here:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\2020-1578948005

But you are also choosing to save into the \game\ saves\ folder, there no need to save the game here.

Assigning to the right video card - instructions here:

Last edited:
Reactions: AdventAnyx

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
But you are also choosing to save into the \game\ saves\ folder, there no need to save the game here.
Well... "Choosing" is a big word here :LUL:
I'm using the default settings for almost everything since I have no idea what I'm doing, Renpy or not.
I could probably do another round of "ask someone who actually knows what the hell he's doing" on the matter later. But honestly, I can't see how 5mb or 0.5mb save-file is relevant. And I have no idea what Renpy saves there and how to make it save less of whatever it is saving :HideThePain:
(maybe I should disable the "roll-back" feature? this is the only thing that I know I could do)

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Also, as far as I know, the first thing Renpy does when you click the save-slot, it makes a screenshot. Maybe that's the problem. Could you test saving at black-screen? (and\or with\without user interface - the stats on top and such. could be hard to find areas where they are disabled, but still...)

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I can't see how 5mb or 0.5mb save-file is relevant.
Its relevant as the problem is related to saving the game and there is something abnormal with the save file sizes. Are your save files that big?

I suspect the file size might be the image that's displayed with the save file. The auto saves are always at a decision point (flat image with text box) and the manual save will have all the UI elements imbedded in it. I can't find the .png files associated with the save so I presume the actual save file contains them.

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Its relevant as the problem is related to saving the game and there is something abnormal with the save file sizes. Are your save files that big?

I suspect the file size might be the image that's displayed with the save file. The auto saves are always at a decision point (flat image with text box) and the manual save will have all the UI elements imbedded in it. I can't find the .png files associated with the save so I presume the actual save file contains them.
The save-files I have right now (in my main development folder) are varying from 1400 KB to 2400 KB (autosaves are the same size ~2000KB). These are from different versions and different story-wise progress.

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020

And by the way, this was the PC that I used to create the first 4.5 patches, played and tested them:
-Intel i5 3450
-GeForce GTX 760
-16 Gigs of ram
-SSD
-Win7

It was super old (not very good even back in 2012-2013, ram was added later). So my best guess is still: Renpy doesn't go well with something either laptops or win10 are doing.

Reactions: altnation

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I don't know how screenshots work in terms of file size, but my laptop is outputting in 4k resolution. Would taking a screen shot of that lead to a larger file size than someone playing on a 1080p screen? That may account for some of the file size increase.

Any way I've played on a bit and the saves seem to be working, but none of the file sizes have been higher than the 5,030KB I saw earlier. They are still high 4,000 though.

I also noticed that when it wasn't working sometimes it would work on a new save but immediately re-saving and using a filled saved slot would cause a crash. I'm guessing if it was close to a memory failure the extra effort of deleting the save caused the crash.

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
I don't know how screenshots work in terms of file size, but my laptop is outputting in 4k resolution. Would taking a screen shot of that lead to a larger file size than someone playing on a 1080p screen? That may account for some of the file size increase.

Any way I've played on a bit and the saves seem to be working, but none of the file sizes have been higher than the 5,030KB I saw earlier. They are still high 4,000 though.

I also noticed that when it wasn't working sometimes it would work on a new save but immediately re-saving and using a filled saved slot would cause a crash. I'm guessing if it was close to a memory failure the extra effort of deleting the save caused the crash.
Are you playing in full screen?
Every video is rendered for 1920-1080, so probably when you are trying to go full screen, Renpy does some bullshit to upscale and then chokes on this...
Try playing and saving in windowed mode and see how it goes. I'm curious myself.

Reactions: altnation
4.40 star(s) 163 Votes