Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
What I look for an a game is incest and petite girls, you introduce a little sister character and you would have one more patron from me.
While I also like those topics I don't want to piss of Patreon so incest is not going to happen sadly, I can however give you a sort of fake little sister character if that would help.

Or I can add the sister but still no incest, maybe when the game is in a future version I can add a patch to it like for the lolis I talked about with some other people.

clebann

Aug 2, 2020
Subscribe Star is something to consider since they do not seem to police as heavily, but I understand your point. One thing I have seen other Patreon focus games do that I think works well is letting the user choose relationships and ages of certain characters, but their "default" is 18 years old and roommate/childhood friend. Gives you the benefit of potentially drawing in more demographics if people can customize the experience a little.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Doragin

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
This was NOT ready for release.

As you can see from my sig, an empty sandbox is something I find ENORMOUSLY irritating.

I know it has taken you ages do get the sandbox working, and I am sure you are very proud of it and want to show it off.

but WE WANT CONTENT!

I don't care how the carburettor in my car works
I don't care who engineered it, or how clever the design is
I want to get in the car and drive it somewhere.
It is the same with these kind of games.
Lovely car, nice and shiny, great carburettor
But it doesn't have wheels and the garage door is locked

Rant over, please issue a release when you have CONTENT worth playing for

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Subscribe Star is something to consider since they do not seem to police as heavily, but I understand your point. One thing I have seen other Patreon focus games do that I think works well is letting the user choose relationships and ages of certain characters, but their "default" is 18 years old and roommate/childhood friend. Gives you the benefit of potentially drawing in more demographics if people can customize the experience a little.
Subscribe Star is not a solution mainly because even if I have one I would still need the patreon since some people use only Patreon, and Star is not as popular.

The choose relationships method is more of a hack and a solution it feels fake when you go to your Landlady and you thank her for raising you and your childhood friend since your father left you, you feel me?

The only real solution here is the patch but for that I really want to have a solid base to start with. So in a much much later release I can start adding "unsafe" things to the game via lewdpatcher, if you have any other solutions I am all hears.

This was NOT ready for release.

As you can see from my sig, an empty sandbox is something I find ENORMOUSLY irritating.

I know it has taken you ages do get the sandbox working, and I am sure you are very proud of it and want to show it off.

but WE WANT CONTENT!

I don't care how the carburettor in my car works
I don't care who engineered it, or how clever the design is
I want to get in the car and drive it somewhere.
It is the same with these kind of games.
Lovely car, nice and shiny, great carburettor
But it doesn't have wheels and the garage door is locked

Rant over, please issue a release when you have CONTENT worth playing for
Hmm I understand your struggle man, but this is not a 'release', even if I call them releases it more of a show of work so a developer can get some income to support the making of the game both emotionally and financially. When I get a patreon I get the boost I need to know I am going in the right direction you know.

When the game is released under the version 1.0.0 then you can call it a real release.

I understand you want content I want it to believe me it is really annoying working on the code and models of locations and not lewd events XD, there are games for everyone here and I am trying to make a sandbox game with close to zero grind thinking about people like you who don't like grind, and I think so far I did it I mean there is almost nothing to do but the little there is you have no need to grind it out.

I just ask you to see the thing from the other side, I did no games before this one and I don't have the confidence and willpower to use years of my life making something and nobody would like, this method gives me the chance to do that.

My advice to you is to just ignore the game and come back at a later date when the game is much more complete I can't make everyone happy, I can only do what I think it's best, and I do think I am going in the right direction here.

Reactions: Amahl Farouk

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
Subscribe Star is not a solution mainly because even if I have one I would still need the patreon since some people use only Patreon, and Star is not as popular.

The choose relationships method is more of a hack and a solution it feels fake when you go to your Landlady and you thank her for raising you and your childhood friend since your father left you, you feel me?

The only real solution here is the patch but for that I really want to have a solid base to start with. So in a much much later release I can start adding "unsafe" things to the game via lewdpatcher, if you have any other solutions I am all hears.

Hmm I understand your struggle man, but this is not a 'release', even if I call them releases it more of a show of work so a developer can get some income to support the making of the game both emotionally and financially. When I get a patreon I get the boost I need to know I am going in the right direction you know.

When the game is released under the version 1.0.0 then you can call it a real release.

I understand you want content I want it to believe me it is really annoying working on the code and models of locations and not lewd events XD, there are games for everyone here and I am trying to make a sandbox game with close to zero grind thinking about people like you who don't like grind, and I think so far I did it I mean there is almost nothing to do but the little there is you have no need to grind it out.

I just ask you to see the thing from the other side, I did no games before this one and I don't have the confidence and willpower to use years of my life making something and nobody would like, this method gives me the chance to do that.

My advice to you is to just ignore the game and come back at a later date when the game is much more complete I can't make everyone happy, I can only do what I think it's best, and I do think I am going in the right direction here.
Fair enough

• Red Heart

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Just play and save the sister and its at the end of this update.
I'm done all main story of the game (in fact the game says that I alredy end the current version of the main story, and in all quests appear that I must to wait to other update)

I don't save anybody. How do you save the sister?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I'm done all main story of the game (in fact the game says that I alredy end the current version of the main story, and in all quests appear that I must to wait to other update)

I don't save anybody. How do you save the sister?
Sorry wrong game.

The only sex scene is at the restaurant and you need to be there when there is a black dude sitting and then you need to go to the girls restroom.

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Sorry wrong game.

The only sex scene is at the restaurant and you need to be there when there is a black dude sitting and then you need to go to the girls restroom.
I see you are doing the good work there m8, glad I accepted your help.

Reactions: a1fox3

il497

Oct 11, 2018

When you say patching, what exactly do you mean? Like, adding in a character for that type of content with a patch? Or using a patch to change the relationship between characters that are already in the game?

I will say that, from what I've seen, my favorite fix to this type of dilemma that didn't require patching came in the form of letting the player write in the relationship between the characters. It went something like "This person's name is x, and they are your _/you are their _" and whatever you wrote in the blank the game would use that. So for someone like me who'd rather avoid incest (at least hetero incest >.>) in games but also hates the landlady/roommate copout, I was able to put something like "childhood friend", "step-x", or "adopted x" in the blank and the characters would use that in conversation. The childhood friend one didn't always make sense, but I think the other ones did, and I like that freedom because it lets people decide things in a way that makes sense to them and helps them enjoy things while not being distracted by a lazy cop-out or by something that grosses them out.

I'm not trying to force the issue, just offering some food for thought. Idk how hard it would be to do things that way, but it could be a way of satisfying everyone so that the people that want it can get it and the people that don't can find their own way of solving the problem, and it wouldn't require waiting to patch the game later when you have more of a solid base. Unless patreon still doesn't like when things are done that way, idk how they judge these things... But yeah, that's my two cents on the topic, as someone who wants a solution that can make everyone happy.

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
When you say patching, what exactly do you mean? Like, adding in a character for that type of content with a patch? Or using a patch to change the relationship between characters that are already in the game?

I will say that, from what I've seen, my favorite fix to this type of dilemma that didn't require patching came in the form of letting the player write in the relationship between the characters. It went something like "This person's name is x, and they are your _/you are their _" and whatever you wrote in the blank the game would use that. So for someone like me who'd rather avoid incest (at least hetero incest >.>) in games but also hates the landlady/roommate copout, I was able to put something like "childhood friend", "step-x", or "adopted x" in the blank and the characters would use that in conversation. The childhood friend one didn't always make sense, but I think the other ones did, and I like that freedom because it lets people decide things in a way that makes sense to them and helps them enjoy things while not being distracted by a lazy cop-out or by something that grosses them out.

I'm not trying to force the issue, just offering some food for thought. Idk how hard it would be to do things that way, but it could be a way of satisfying everyone so that the people that want it can get it and the people that don't can find their own way of solving the problem, and it wouldn't require waiting to patch the game later when you have more of a solid base. Unless patreon still doesn't like when things are done that way, idk how they judge these things... But yeah, that's my two cents on the topic, as someone who wants a solution that can make everyone happy.
The 'ask the player' fix is easy to do, but I feel like it takes away from the story, specially because either I would need to be a god at writing (I am not) to make the conversations fit the different relationships or I would just focus on one type of relationship and the others would not make sense in some conversations.

The idea of the patch is a downloadable content file/s that adds the content and changes de story, I can do it both ways didn't really think about it, I can make it change some in game characters or add news ones it would probably work, for the Incest part I could probably add a sister and the patch would turn on the sex scenes, for the lolis I would prefer to add new characters as I don't want to change previously created characters.

That being said I could easily do both options (the patch and the player choosing the relationships), so if people want to have the broken 'childhood friend'/'step-x' more than the real thing they could just change it, but again it would break the immersion.

This is why I say the patch is the only real solutions the others are just band aids that can help but won't fix the problems.

Hope that cleared up my thoughts on it.

il497

Oct 11, 2018
The 'ask the player' fix is easy to do, but I feel like it takes away from the story, specially because either I would need to be a god at writing (I am not) to make the conversations fit the different relationships or I would just focus on one type of relationship and the others would not make sense in some conversations.

The idea of the patch is a downloadable content file/s that adds the content and changes de story, I can do it both ways didn't really think about it, I can make it change some in game characters or add news ones it would probably work, for the Incest part I could probably add a sister and the patch would turn on the sex scenes, for the lolis I would prefer to add new characters as I don't want to change previously created characters.

That being said I could easily do both options (the patch and the player choosing the relationships), so if people want to have the broken 'childhood friend'/'step-x' more than the real thing they could just change it, but again it would break the immersion.

This is why I say the patch is the only real solutions the others are just band aids that can help but won't fix the problems.

If by "fit the different relationships" you mean to make different dialogue come up depending on the player's choice, I agree that it would be difficult to write for. Although I think you could make things general enough but scandalous-sounding enough that it could pass for whatever the relationship the player wants. Granted, it's possible depending on your strengths and weaknesses as a writer that it could be harder or easier than the way I think you're thinking it would have to be done. As an example of what I mean, I've seen so many times dialogue like "What would people think!? You're my roommate!" which clearly only works in one connotation and breaks the immersion if you try to fit anything else into it. Imo, that type of sentence would sound better if it was rewritten to something else, like "I can't think of you that way, you're my _." You could put just about anything in there and the immersion would remain intact, and still have varying levels of taboo associated with it depending on what the player wrote in for the relationship. Parent, child, sibling, step-x, childhood friend, etc., in each case there's solid reasoning for the characters to feel conflicted about their feelings.

I'm not trying to change your mind about it, just trying to explain my thinking on why I like that idea. Sorry, it got so long, I can get kind of rambly sometimes.

Anyways, all that being said, I actually really like the idea of patching the way you're thinking of doing it.

I do have an additional idea for the patching though. Have you ever played Ecchi Sensei? I think the way they do the "Dark Mind" patch is really neat, I wish more devs would do it (but idk how hard it is to do if it's hard, maybe that's why?). In case you don't know, what the patch does is add in all the non-patreon friendly, more extreme content, and allows people to turn on or off various fetishes so they can avoid the stuff that may be a hard limit for them. Although iirc they kinda went overboard with the customization, not that I mind, but I can't imagine it was easy to go to that level. Anyways, that's a potential route to consider so that if later down the line you're thinking of adding something else (like incest and loli) that could get pushback from people, the people that don't want it or want only part of it can just turn off whatever they don't like.

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
If by "fit the different relationships" you mean to make different dialogue come up depending on the player's choice, I agree that it would be difficult to write for. Although I think you could make things general enough but scandalous-sounding enough that it could pass for whatever the relationship the player wants. Granted, it's possible depending on your strengths and weaknesses as a writer that it could be harder or easier than the way I think you're thinking it would have to be done. As an example of what I mean, I've seen so many times dialogue like "What would people think!? You're my roommate!" which clearly only works in one connotation and breaks the immersion if you try to fit anything else into it. Imo, that type of sentence would sound better if it was rewritten to something else, like "I can't think of you that way, you're my _." You could put just about anything in there and the immersion would remain intact, and still have varying levels of taboo associated with it depending on what the player wrote in for the relationship. Parent, child, sibling, step-x, childhood friend, etc., in each case there's solid reasoning for the characters to feel conflicted about their feelings.

I'm not trying to change your mind about it, just trying to explain my thinking on why I like that idea. Sorry, it got so long, I can get kind of rambly sometimes.

Anyways, all that being said, I actually really like the idea of patching the way you're thinking of doing it.

I do have an additional idea for the patching though. Have you ever played Ecchi Sensei? I think the way they do the "Dark Mind" patch is really neat, I wish more devs would do it (but idk how hard it is to do if it's hard, maybe that's why?). In case you don't know, what the patch does is add in all the non-patreon friendly, more extreme content, and allows people to turn on or off various fetishes so they can avoid the stuff that may be a hard limit for them. Although iirc they kinda went overboard with the customization, not that I mind, but I can't imagine it was easy to go to that level. Anyways, that's a potential route to consider so that if later down the line you're thinking of adding something else (like incest and loli) that could get pushback from people, the people that don't want it or want only part of it can just turn off whatever they don't like.
First off all you can talk with my anytime and ramble all you want, I really like interacting with the community even if I can't make everyone happy.

I don't think it's impossible to do the player choice option, it's just not good enough for me, it feel like a bandage more like a solution.

Ya I played Ecchi Sensei, and it was more or less that kind of patch I was thinking off, mine is probably harder to do since Ecchi Sensei is more of a linear story than a Sandbox and it wasn't planed since the beginning so I can shoot myself in the foot there, like If I want to add a sister WHERE THE FUCK DOES SHE SLEEP. But I think it's doable somehow.

Still this is only happening in a future where the game is in a played state, right now I haven't even finished the important locations I need to go forward (It's actually really annoying to want to do story and lewd scenes, content and shit and I can't because I still need the base requirements first).

il497

Oct 11, 2018
First off all you can talk with my anytime and ramble all you want, I really like interacting with the community even if I can't make everyone happy.

I don't think it's impossible to do the player choice option, it's just not good enough for me, it feel like a bandage more like a solution.

Ya I played Ecchi Sensei, and it was more or less that kind of patch I was thinking off, mine is probably harder to do since Ecchi Sensei is more of a linear story than a Sandbox and it wasn't planed since the beginning so I can shoot myself in the foot there, like If I want to add a sister WHERE THE FUCK DOES SHE SLEEP. But I think it's doable somehow.

Still this is only happening in a future where the game is in a played state, right now I haven't even finished the important locations I need to go forward (It's actually really annoying to want to do story and lewd scenes, content and shit and I can't because I still need the base requirements first).
Glad to hear it! And I will say that I like what I've seen so far, and I'm excited to see how things go from here! :)

And that's a good point, sandboxes are a bit harder to plan out. As for situations like the sister thing, I'm sure you can find a workaround or a way to restructure things or something in those cases. A few possibilities off the top of my head could be to add another room somewhere/somehow (there wouldn't really be a need to address the change, I don't think), or if you want there to be an in-game reason for the change maybe have the MC add a room after getting enough money. Depending on how you want her introduction to go, you could even have her spend some time making the living room her temporary bedroom until the mc can afford to add space for her, or until her relationship with the mc (or friendship with Noelle for those with incest turned off) levels up, at which point she'll move into the mc's room (or her new bestie Noelle's room). Or she could be a student who stays in the dorm at the local school, or if she's old enough she could have her own apartment and move to the MC's place later if you want. That'st just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's other ideas you can come up with if none of those strike your fancy.

And I bet it's annoying, but just keep on chugging, try to stay positive, and while it's good to keep planning ahead, be careful not let yourself get too distracted with those next steps either, it could negatively affect your pace or cause you to miss a mistake or something that you'd have caught if you weren't distracted.

• Red Heart

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Glad to hear it! And I will say that I like what I've seen so far, and I'm excited to see how things go from here! :)

And that's a good point, sandboxes are a bit harder to plan out. As for situations like the sister thing, I'm sure you can find a workaround or a way to restructure things or something in those cases. A few possibilities off the top of my head could be to add another room somewhere/somehow (there wouldn't really be a need to address the change, I don't think), or if you want there to be an in-game reason for the change maybe have the MC add a room after getting enough money. Depending on how you want her introduction to go, you could even have her spend some time making the living room her temporary bedroom until the mc can afford to add space for her, or until her relationship with the mc (or friendship with Noelle for those with incest turned off) levels up, at which point she'll move into the mc's room (or her new bestie Noelle's room). Or she could be a student who stays in the dorm at the local school, or if she's old enough she could have her own apartment and move to the MC's place later if you want. That'st just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's other ideas you can come up with if none of those strike your fancy.

And I bet it's annoying, but just keep on chugging, try to stay positive, and while it's good to keep planning ahead, be careful not let yourself get too distracted with those next steps either, it could negatively affect your pace or cause you to miss a mistake or something that you'd have caught if you weren't distracted.
Many much lots of thanks!

It was just a quick example of the problems that can arrise if I don't think things from the begging. But it could be done yes.
I did start the dormitory specifically so I can have any number of students leaving there, this way I don't need to add homes for each. big brain move if I say so myself.

I can only try XD.

Reactions: il497

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Well, many games on this page have the inconsistency problem in dialogs. In many of them you live with your "landlord" since you are a baby, and the same with your "roommates" and the conversations can be really fun and with very little meaning (like: What will the people think about our relationship?, I'm your roommate!. Becouse all people now that is illegal to date with your roommate) without a incest patch much games have the consistence of a flan.

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Well, many games on this page have the inconsistency problem in dialogs. In many of them you live with your "landlord" since you are a baby, and the same with your "roommates" and the conversations can be really fun and with very little meaning (like: What will the people think about our relationship?, I'm your roommate!. Becouse all people now that is illegal to date with your roommate) without a incest patch much games have the consistence of a flan.
I thought I replied to this but seems I didn't so here I go again.

Exactly my problem,imagine I want to do a flashback, all hell will break lose XD
I am trying to make a consistent game, like for one no character will be at two places at once for example, I enforce this in the code, like some games for quest reasons a character is at two places at once, I always look at those scenes and go like wtf do you teleport or something.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Totes_Adorbs
4.50 star(s) 4 Votes