Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
please any help, what i'm doin wrong? becouse to me seems like nothing.
If you're running the game without the patch launcher, you will not have any english.
If the assets are still censored, then you either got your version from somewhere else which is unpatched, or something is wrong with your file structure.
It's possible you're having the same issue as someone before. The file path for the game was simply too long. Example:

C:\folder\folder\folder\INSULTORDERCockyCatGirlsPleasureCorruptionisontheMenuver103English-Uncen\INSULTORDERCockyCatGirlsPleasureCorruptionisontheMenuver103\

If you have a ridiculously long file path like the one above, make it shorter.

BeLiaLx85

Dec 30, 2017
If you're running the game without the patch launcher, you will not have any english.
If the assets are still censored, then you either got your version from somewhere else which is unpatched, or something is wrong with your file structure.
It's possible you're having the same issue as someone before. The file path for the game was simply too long. Example:

C:\folder\folder\folder\INSULTORDERCockyCatGirlsPleasureCorruptionisontheMenuver103English-Uncen\INSULTORDERCockyCatGirlsPleasureCorruptionisontheMenuver103\

If you have a ridiculously long file path like the one above, make it shorter.
i didn't understand the part launching the game without patch launcher can you explain to me? don't i have to launch the game only from io.exe?
about the foldername it isn't the first time it appen to me i think i'll try now to see if it will wor , i think yes.
really thankyou for your answer

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
i didn't understand the part launching the game without patch launcher can you explain to me? don't i have to launch the game only from io.exe?
about the foldername it isn't the first time it appen to me i think i'll try now to see if it will wor , i think yes.
really thankyou for your answer
In the folder you should have an io_english.exe and an io.exe
If you don't have an english launcher, you're probably also missing a folder for bbepis or sybaris (don't remember what translation support was used for this game.)
Here is the thread, you can find everything you need there.

BeLiaLx85

Dec 30, 2017
In the folder you should have an io_english.exe and an io.exe
If you don't have an english launcher, you're probably also missing a folder for bbepis or sybaris (don't remember what translation support was used for this game.)
Here is the thread, you can find everything you need there.
thankyou i solved the problem just changing the folder name probabli was too long like you said everything is of english and uncensor ;)

Reactions: Pharan

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Anyone knows if there are any mods for this game?
See the above post, if there is any mods, it would most definitely be found on hongfire.

I also shared my own improved skin textures on post

Whist1986

Aug 19, 2017
Just downloaded this and put it on my desktop. Renamed folder to IO, using the English launcher... Still all Japanese. Send halp?

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Just downloaded this and put it on my desktop. Renamed folder to IO, using the English launcher... Still all Japanese. Send halp?
Try the normal launcher, I think the english launcher might just be so you can set the launch options without being clueless.

Whist1986

Aug 19, 2017
As is usually the case, a little more reading up the thread on my part would have fixed my issue. I just needed to use the IO in the GameData folder. :whistle:

Reactions: Pharan

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
The game works, the translation appears to be buggy. I've used the three launchers and only the io.exe in the game data folder appears to actually launch. The translator plug appears to be there but the text is not translated.

I've tried renaming the folders but alas no joy.

Edit:

It might be advisable, since many of us are having issues getting the translator to run, to actually put a notice or warning in the OP. We need an alternative work around ._. .

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
The game works, the translation appears to be buggy. I've used the three launchers and only the io.exe in the game data folder appears to actually launch. The translator plug appears to be there but the text is not translated.

I've tried renaming the folders but alas no joy.

Edit:

It might be advisable, since many of us are having issues getting the translator to run, to actually put a notice or warning in the OP. We need an alternative work around ._. .
Read the above posts^
If those don't work I'm honestly not sure. I gave up on this game a while ago.

Reactions: Lolzi

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
That's the problem, I did. Though it appears I'm having other issues with games that rely on dotnet 4.0 or the like. This is what happens when you develop a game with hacky microsoft programming.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
That's the problem, I did. Though it appears I'm having other issues with games that rely on dotnet 4.0 or the like. This is what happens when you develop a game with hacky microsoft programming.
... We're not talking about the game, we're talking about a fan made patch for side loading translations though a plugin framework.

For starts, the plugin most likely relies on an open internet connection to commandeer Google Translate. If you are unplugging your ethernet, disconnecting wifi, or your system is blocking the connection from the plugin, that's a good suspect.

Considering it's a Japanese game, try changing your system locality to Jap(Japan).
Google that if you don't know how. Some Japanese games are written exclusively in Japanese coding, which means your PC has no idea what to do with the code. I've had my locality changed for at least a year now, ever since I went through the excruciating process of installing CM3D2. Nothing crazy should happen to your computer, and you can change it back at any time.

Second, FFS go download the latest .net framework, then you could even download the latest VCRedist (Microsoft Visual C++).
Again Google if you don't know what that is. Both of those are crucial for the integrity most games. If you lack them, or they aren't updated shit might not work. Not the games' fault.

If still nothing works, I would recommend you check out your PC specs. I don't recall if this game is x32 compatible or not, so if you are on an x86 system, that's one culprit. Also, a lot of people have issues with Windows 10, so (if you have Win10) I would also encourage you to dig through some forums on HongFire or ULMF and see if anyone else is having Win10 problems specifically with this game.

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017

1.04 is here for those who want it

again, the plugin use google translate so internet connection is a must. some words may doesn't make sense, don't blame anyone except google ability to understand japanese context

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
Firstly, top of the line machine. This thing will run any AAA game with the top level settings (come bother me , it's 64bit. What it doesn't like that I've been finding with a couple of these games is dotnet. It HATES dotnet, no idea why. It's only here however that I've found a minority games that won't run out of the box, often because they demand an outdated version of dotnet. I can play all of the latest Illusion games by the way. What I'm trying to say here, whatever the problem is, it isn't the specs of my machine.

Secondly, my internet is rarely disabled, I don't see the need. Perhaps it doesn't like VPNs. I can confirm however, having managed to get dotnet to some semblance of working, that this game still doesn't work for me.

It's not a big deal, I'll move on to games that do work there are plenty of them around.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Firstly, top of the line machine. . .
I wasn't trying to build assumptions, those are just the most common problems that I've seen / encountered. You can have a badass PC and still have problems ya know. If it's not worth it to you, you're really not missing that much, it's a short game anyway. I would stick to HS or PH for the modding and expansive character creation.

Reactions: Lolzi
Jun 10, 2018

1.04 is here, as usual just copy over the translations files and it will work like a charm.

P.S = i have shitty internet so i can't upload it to more trust-able host, i'm sorry

P.S #2 = use mexashare, it is the only host that doesn't limit download speed except a 30-min wait to download next parts
What's the difference between the original post and version 1.04 if you don't mind me asking?

I don't suppose the translation got any better? I have to admit, when I played this last year the poor quality of the translation completely through me off. I know that it's machine translated over the internet in real time but I live in hope :/

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
What's the difference between the original post and version 1.04 if you don't mind me asking?

I don't suppose the translation got any better? I have to admit, when I played this last year the poor quality of the translation completely through me off. I know that it's machine translated over the internet in real time but I live in hope :/
Translations are not done by the developer, it's 3rd party.
I believe 1.04 was bugfixing and a big fix for AMD users.

4.60 star(s) 21 Votes