3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
What are the consequences (affects) if I take or don't take Tatum's pills?

Will it affect future events if I decide to keep the longest hair? (when offered to shorten hair)
(Will it affect any relationship or future ability to do something with a hairstyle?)

May 13, 2018
What are the consequences (affects) if I take or don't take Tatum's pills?
No effects right now. In future, there might be some...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Will it affect future events if I decide to keep the longest hair? (when offered to shorten hair)
(Will it affect any relationship or future ability to do something with a hairstyle?)
I don't have any concrete plans for hair impacting gameplay significantly. Choosing to go with longer hair will probably make the PC accept being female faster, and maybe I'll use it for NPC preferences.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Seriously?!? I went through all of this for that arbitrary ending?
The game is not finished yet and the various endings (except the endings with Doc Kaz) are funny placeholders, until the game continues further.

May 13, 2018
So, I just wasted a lot of my time? Thanks for nothing
Sorry you were disappointed. I try my best to make it clear what kind of state the game is in currently (on the TFGS profile page, I describe it as an overly long concept as most of the planned game mechanics are still missing), but there's no way for me to prevent people who don't know what it is from playing it.

In fact, when it first showed up on F95, I got a bunch of complaints from people who had no idea there was a mandatory M-to-F transformation. :ROFLMAO: It's pretty much expected on TFGS where the game was original posted, but here it clearly caught people off-guard.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi UsagiTripleSix!

You made some interesting posts not only here, but over at the Pale Carnations thread too! Especially about how Interns came to be and some of your thoughts on how the game might be going on.

May 13, 2018
You made some interesting posts not only here, but over at the Pale Carnations thread too! Especially about how Interns came to be and some of your thoughts on how the game might be going on.
The original intent was for the game to be more of a sandbox, similar to Newlife. At the time I started, I was really into life sim-style games, but felt that most of them felt empty or didn't really react to the changes to the PC, outside of the character description window, so I wanted to see if I could make a game that addressed that aspect.

The original plan was that, after you get through the introduction and the general setup, the rest of the game would be days filled with simulated events, with the hope being that you'd get some interesting scenarios emerging from the combination of events you'd get.

Of course, I quickly learned that I didn't really have the coding skill to pull that off, and when I first started out, I ended up going completely overboard on the writing side of things. Before I knew it, I'd been fleshing out characters who were originally just supposed to be in the background or have only a small impact on the game, and I ended up with something much more story-focused than I'd originally planned on creating.

I've got a couple of that talk about some of my early plans for the game. I could have sworn I wrote more, but I have no idea where, except maybe a TFGS post.

As for your proposed ending:

But beside that, I, like I think many other players, am interested to know a bit about the stories of the main other characters on the Island, how they will/might end.

Okay, if you want to know my original ideas behind the characters, I'll lay them out here. Some of this doesn't apply while others may still get used, so massive potential for spoilers here.

Scarlet

Chastity

Renata and John

Brooke

May

Dr. Holly Lee

Rodney

Cynthia

Tatum

Laila

Angel

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
:love:I like Desiree and Tatum the most and also Angel!
It will be great if the main character (MC) has a relationship with them!

Last edited:
Reactions: blastwave2k

Tschmack

Mar 12, 2022
Gotta say i really liked the game! The random event thing was a little bit wreid at first but in the end it worked out just fine. Just wanted to ask is there a list of some sorts of all events and how to trigger them/ a description what they are doing?

geordie

Oct 16, 2017
Interns v0.331 is now available!
This version is just some bug fixes, but if you missed the early access for v0.330, check for details on what was added (mostly the new willpower checks in menus).
Here's what's been added since then:
  • Fixed mislabeled willpower numerous menu variables
  • Fixed logic errors that was preventing PC from meeting May and Renata properly
  • Stopped Dave from being referred to as “Desiree” in bartender segments
  • Typo corrections

Additionally, there's a new backers' post on how I added willpower checks to existing menus. if you're interested.

Download links
Windows / Linux:

Mac version:

Android version:

Sakkara2

Jun 16, 2020
The original intent was for the game to be more of a sandbox, similar to Newlife. At the time I started, I was really into life sim-style games, but felt that most of them felt empty or didn't really react to the changes to the PC, outside of the character description window, so I wanted to see if I could make a game that addressed that aspect.

The original plan was that, after you get through the introduction and the general setup, the rest of the game would be days filled with simulated events, with the hope being that you'd get some interesting scenarios emerging from the combination of events you'd get.
From a former programmer (20 years or so); don't feel bad about not creating the game you originally intended. What you want, and what you can do are two entirely different things when it comes to programming. A computer will always do EXACTLY what you tell it to, and rarely what you want. ;)

I've been following the progress of this game since it's first release and look forward to every new one. Yeah, in many cases a new release has little new content. But refining a game takes FAR more skill and effort then creating one.

As to those that expect a finished product, when it's clearly labeled "Work in Progress", don't worry about them. There are always those that never grew up and want what they want, and they want it NOW!

Keep up the good work!

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
How much content is there with Cynthia right now, and roughly how is it unlocked? I've tried my hand at figuring it out myself, but seen references to romantic scenes with her in other comments that I can't get to trigger.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Love the plot gives a Greek Myth of Sirens vibe. What I mean, The Greek myth of the Isle of Lesbos,where Sirens would lead sailors to They're rocky shores,through they're voice and beauty. There are a few different version of the myth,One the Sirens out right kill the sailors two the Sirens lead the sailors on to the Isle of Lesbos and convert them into more Sirens.

Reactions: GTK/HLK

mirthless

Oct 28, 2017

Of course, I quickly learned that I didn't really have the coding skill to pull that off, and when I first started out, I ended up going completely overboard on the writing side of things. Before I knew it, I'd been fleshing out characters who were originally just supposed to be in the background or have only a small impact on the game, and I ended up with something much more story-focused than I'd originally planned on creating.

I've got a couple of that talk about some of my early plans for the game. I could have sworn I wrote more, but I have no idea where, except maybe a TFGS post.

As for your proposed ending:

Okay, if you want to know my original ideas behind the characters, I'll lay them out here. Some of this doesn't apply while others may still get used, so massive potential for spoilers here.

Scarlet

Chastity

Renata and John

Brooke

May

Dr. Holly Lee

Rodney

Cynthia

Tatum

Laila

Angel
can you talk about gabby?

Irishcrackpot

Aug 6, 2017
Sorry you were disappointed. I try my best to make it clear what kind of state the game is in currently (on the TFGS profile page, I describe it as an overly long concept as most of the planned game mechanics are still missing), but there's no way for me to prevent people who don't know what it is from playing it.

In fact, when it first showed up on F95, I got a bunch of complaints from people who had no idea there was a mandatory M-to-F transformation. :ROFLMAO: It's pretty much expected on TFGS where the game was original posted, but here it clearly caught people off-guard.
You have nothing to apologize for; people complaining about playing games for free; on a site dedicated to alpha and beta builds no less; because something doesn't suit their tastes or they don't like how it's going without actually contributing constructive criticism should be apologizing.
Personally, I like the different game style is it perfect? nope, but I like the direction you are going and look forward to your next update.

Dec 31, 2018
How much content is there with Cynthia right now, and roughly how is it unlocked? I've tried my hand at figuring it out myself, but seen references to romantic scenes with her in other comments that I can't get to trigger.
Theres not a lot romantic with cyn becasue shes tied in to too much coding with the clothes and appearence changes

you can meet and kiss her at the beach bar.
theres scenes with her fixing your nail varnish and getting your ears pierced.
if your blessed by RNGesus she will strip off and join you in the shower but theres no art yet and its rarer than elvis riding a unicorn
if she catches you playing with yourself she will bring over sex toys (also no art) and you can do a little mutual exploration but its strictly solo

any of those might be available or might be locked out by code changes

Reactions: HorizonD
May 13, 2018
:love:I like Desiree and Tatum the most and also Angel!
It will be great if the main character (MC) has a relationship with them!
Interesting picks. I never really planned for there to be much in the way of relationships with the other characters, but the plan is that you'll certainly be able to get more involved with them.

Desiree

Tatum

Angel

Gotta say i really liked the game! The random event thing was a little bit wreid at first but in the end it worked out just fine. Just wanted to ask is there a list of some sorts of all events and how to trigger them/ a description what they are doing?
Thanks! It took a long time for a lot of people to get what I was going for with the RNG aspect, especially when I had just started and there was only the linear intro. With Ren'Py, people just expect a visual novel, but a big early influence was Corruption of Champions. I wanted to do a life-sim style game with random encounters, with the hopes that each play-through will feel different, even if the player likes to use the same kind of character each time. Not sure I'll ever achieve that, though.

My answer on the walkthrough is always the same, though: I haven't made one and I don't know of one anywhere. The closest there is are that go over many of the scenes and how to get them. You need an account over there to read them, however.

From a former programmer (20 years or so); don't feel bad about not creating the game you originally intended. What you want, and what you can do are two entirely different things when it comes to programming. A computer will always do EXACTLY what you tell it to, and rarely what you want. ;)

I've been following the progress of this game since it's first release and look forward to every new one. Yeah, in many cases a new release has little new content. But refining a game takes FAR more skill and effort then creating one.

As to those that expect a finished product, when it's clearly labeled "Work in Progress", don't worry about them. There are always those that never grew up and want what they want, and they want it NOW!

Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Sad thing is, I don't often understand what I'll actually telling the computer to do. What I think the code I write does and what it really does are two different things. :LOL: I need to do some Python tutorials to get a better grasp on the language.

Theres not a lot romantic with cyn becasue shes tied in to too much coding with the clothes and appearence changes

you can meet and kiss her at the beach bar.
theres scenes with her fixing your nail varnish and getting your ears pierced.
if your blessed by RNGesus she will strip off and join you in the shower but theres no art yet and its rarer than elvis riding a unicorn
if she catches you playing with yourself she will bring over sex toys (also no art) and you can do a little mutual exploration but its strictly solo
She's always been a challenge from the code side of things because she ties into the player's morning events, and all of her follow-up events need to be scheduled for later in the day/week (they don't typically get to fire immediately). That said, I do have things working somewhat and have gotten some partial events working for her.

Currently, there's only one approach available:

It's been a while, so I'm not sure I remember everything clearly, but the hardest to find events are probably in the bathroom.
To get those, you need to have her helping you in the mornings. You need to do them on work days, when there's a time limit to how long you can stay in the bathroom.

The time Cyn arrives is somewhat randomized, but you can usually save scum by getting her to arrive and then going back one action.

Love the plot gives a Greek Myth of Sirens vibe. What I mean, The Greek myth of the Isle of Lesbos,where Sirens would lead sailors to They're rocky shores,through they're voice and beauty. There are a few different version of the myth,One the Sirens out right kill the sailors two the Sirens lead the sailors on to the Isle of Lesbos and convert them into more Sirens.
Ah, I'm not familiar with that version of the story. Sounds much more interesting than outright killing the sailors.

can you talk about gabby?
I can...

You have nothing to apologize for; people complaining about playing games for free; on a site dedicated to alpha and beta builds no less; because something doesn't suit their tastes or they don't like how it's going without actually contributing constructive criticism should be apologizing.
Personally, I like the different game style is it perfect? nope, but I like the direction you are going and look forward to your next update.
I think most of the friction comes from people who want something story-based with an overarching plot. I'm trying to do something a bit more like an RPG with small side-stories depending on choices and encounters. Probably too ambitious for a first project, though, so I spend a lot of my time trying out things that eventually don't work.

The sex aspect is a bit one I'm struggling with. I'm not terribly good at writing those, and I'd actually like there to be some game-like/stat-based aspects to it. I've had lots of false starts with that so far...some of which actually made it into the game already.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes