mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
It would be jumping off the shark if he was Alexis/Layla's dad, when Emily was pregnant, Alexis was already a 2 year old and Adrianna was either already pregnant again or would be shortly.
The couple Adrianna and "Mr Monroe"(who seems to be a good father to both his daughters) is still going to this day, probably not something that would happen if he was messing around with her roomate while in a relationship with her.
Then again maybe he ducked going to the restaurant upon learning it was owned by Emily(just playing devils advocate lol).

There are hints about him from both of his daughters(makes it difficult to get all hints in a single playthrough)
When you train with Layla at the park she speaks a little about her father, that he was a basketball player.
Alexis on her path says they can't use her father as the guy who "hires" Erynn to trick Ethan because he is famous.
So i suspect their father is Zo, retired basketball player who the MC was a fan growing up.

Zo and Santiago are not the same person, they were friends in college, Zo is off-screen (he's always off screen or shot from his back) in that flashback where Santiago gets rejected by Emily.

The question has always been is the MCs father Navarro, aka the sports agent?
The name Navarro can easily be his surname and his full name Santiago Navarro.
Having a talented basketball prospect as a friend might've given Santiago a good route into being a sports agent, that familiar story of "started working with this one guy, later expanded" kind of deal.

Navarro (wether he is Santiago or not) is married to Gabi, it explains her being pissed off that he didn't stop to say hello in training camp, she also has a "he looks like him" thought bubble when she first hooks up with the MC.
They also have pictures together dating back to when Gabi was a highschooler(good going Navarro :cool: ).

Solid point as well.
Navarro and the MC are placed side-by-side in Dylan's bar. Their faces and behavior (getting annoyed by Marauders' players) are similar.

When the MC is at the starting blocks of his race and Navarro the sports agent is watching him, he says to himself in his head, "why am I getting nervous all of a sudden?"

If the MC loses the race, Navarro gives him some (fatherly?) racing pointers.

:p

Photo Collage Maker_2023_08_01_05_59_20.jpg

Last edited:

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
Ah, I haven't actually continued as of yet once the MC lost the race as I went back to an earlier save but here's a question.

Is there a way for MC to win the race if on the Alexis path, since it seems (From what I've tested) the only way for the MC to "Learn" from his mistakes, those being his bad starts, is to go to the morning training with Layla thus missing a pretty good and important crossover scene with Alexis and Erynn.
Loved this game so far and can't wait for more. Cheers.

Avalanche81

Nov 1, 2022
Ah, I haven't actually continued as of yet once the MC lost the race as I went back to an earlier save but here's a question.

Is there a way for MC to win the race if on the Alexis path, since it seems (From what I've tested) the only way for the MC to "Learn" from his mistakes, those being his bad starts, is to go to the morning training with Layla thus missing a pretty good and important crossover scene with Alexis and Erynn.
For me, to win the race is to take training seriously.

Reactions: Nurikabe

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021

Be sure to train with Layla and race her. And win, of course!

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Navarro and the MC are placed side-by-side in Dylan's bar. Their faces and behavior (getting annoyed by Marauders' players) are similar.

When the MC is at the starting blocks of his race and Navarro the sports agent is watching him, he says to himself in his head, "why am I getting nervous all of a sudden?"

:p

View attachment 2816471
Yeah, the scene at the bar is the biggest "they are the same" hint yet, maybe tied with Gabi thinking to herself "he looks like..." and later we see who she's thinking of.
And as you say even if you lose he doesn't completly ignores the MC, "work on your start and you are gonna be ok" something along those lines, technical rather than fatherly advice i would say, but for whatever reason he took notice and empathized with the guy who finished 4th.

Technically you can remain on the Alexis path despite going training with Layla (the only way to win is to practice with Layla).
You lose one date with Alexis, miss one small scene with Iris and lose a scene where Erynn sees you with Alexis, those might be cool scenes but in the grand scheme of things the game carries on regardless.
Iris doesn't change her behaviour one bit, Erynn learns that you are still dating Alexis soon after(even if you haven't told her) and they end up making up with each other in her house on episode 10 anyway(no matter if they had this meeting or not that's when they start talking again)... and of course Alexis doesn't break up with you for training with Layla.
The only way to majorly piss Alexis off after reconnecting with her at her house is to delay telling Layla about her.

With that said winning or losing the race also doesn't affect the story in any major way either(you lose the opportunity to hook up with Tori).

How many chapters is the game to have?
Around chapter 8 Nyx(the dev) said we were around the middle, but things change during development so i wouldn't consider 16 a hard limit in any way.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Yeah, the scene at the bar is the biggest "they are the same" hint yet, maybe tied with Gabi thinking to herself "he looks like..." and later we see who she's thinking of.
And as you say even if you lose he doesn't completly ignores the MC, "work on your start and you are gonna be ok" something along those lines, technical rather than fatherly advice i would say, but for whatever reason he took notice and empathized with the guy who finished 4th.

Technically you can remain on the Alexis path despite going training with Layla (the only way to win is to practice with Layla).
You lose one date with Alexis, miss one small scene with Iris and lose a scene where Erynn sees you with Alexis, those might be cool scenes but in the grand scheme of things the game carries on regardless.
Iris doesn't change her behaviour one bit, Erynn learns that you are still dating Alexis soon after(even if you haven't told her) and they end up making up with each other in her house on episode 10 anyway(no matter if they had this meeting or not that's when they start talking again)... and of course Alexis doesn't break up with you for training with Layla.
The only way to majorly piss Alexis off after reconnecting with her at her house is to delay telling Layla about her.

With that said winning or losing the race also doesn't affect the story in any major way either(you lose the opportunity to hook up with Tori).
on the Lexi path I actually like those missable scenes so I just skip the Layla training and later on modify the variable so I can still win the competition :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Dalish and LSC82

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Nyx is an excellent storyteller who uses difficult to detect or examine story telling skills. The image in this render is so faint and nuisanced that the average player could overlook it. The image is a skilfully conceived and executed to give the subtle hint that Gabi is married. Most players, I believe, will miss this element the first time through the game and may only see it on their fourth or fifth run. This is a true testament to the tale telling of Intertwined.
Are You Nyx alt?

Avalanche81

Nov 1, 2022
How many times did you have to play the game before you noticed the subtle image?
I've circled the picture in case anyone missed this subtle story telling. Truely amazing and unqiue way to subtly inform the player that Gabi is married.
View attachment 2819656
I was being facetious if you couldn't tell.
That isn't subtle, its in your face.....big and in your face.

When i got this scene, the moment i saw this photo i knew she is married.

• Angry
Reactions: ElectronicRoberts

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
That isn't subtle, its in your face.....big and in your face.

When i got this scene, the moment i saw this photo i knew she is married.
I don't fucking get it either how that's subtle... it's literally in your face unless you ctrl skip like the whole game
tenor.gif

I know sarcasm is sometimes hard to get on the internet but I thought that it was obvious in this case.

The point was that Nyx is not subtle at all with things like this.

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
I wonder, if we are not in Layla's route we will not get the beach scene even if Helena likes us, so, does that mean that we will not get the pool party in the next chapter and therefore we will not get to advance in Helena's route if we are not in Layla's?
See, it's kinda messed up since if you avoid Lays but you go after Helena you will still get some little scenes with her but you lose a lot of content if you are not in Layla's route.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Hope you are having a fantastic day!
The latest news for the next update can be found here.
Based on this update, we may conclude that the last scene has been accomplished and that just coding and testing remain. I'm not sure how long it usually takes Nyx to finish these. I believe it will be released later this month but I very well could be wrong.
Hope this helps your understanding.
Yep, everything sounds like an August release...
Yes, I am being hopeful.

Kvothe94

Jun 11, 2020
FK! FK! FK! I still playin 10.0 version. And there is fucking much of saves. They all be gone now???? I need to play everything again?????

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes