Oct 10, 2022
It's the same John and what's the problem? She's an adult and she's a single. She can fuck whoever she wants. It was very weird she asked MC if he is fine when she goes on a date with John.
i don't agree with that tbh. It was nice of her to ask, not like she was asking a permission but MC dated Iris and he is still close to Iris and John. So it could be weird if not she mentioned beforehand. Though you are right she has right to do whatever she wants it's more like a courtesy to ask.
What it was weird for me when MC has seen Melissa and Emily kissing that he freaked out, what the hell man. What's it to you? They can have fun. There was no need to freak out. I was expecting he'd joke about it, like it does not look like a paperwork to me or something like that but he freaked out. :unsure:

For the twin thing, I was mostly joking but his tattoos don't match more than one occasion. :giggle:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It's the same John and what's the problem? She's an adult and she's a single. She can fuck whoever she wants. It was very weird she asked MC if he is fine when she goes on a date with John.
the dev knows how emotionally immature some of the avn demographic is.
Not really, my own mother asked me about dating again (lot older then emily admitted) after my stepfather died. Called politeness and asking an opinion and taking someone else into consideration (even if not required).
i don't agree with that tbh. It was nice of her to ask, not like she was asking a permission but MC dated Iris and he is still close to Iris and John. So it could be weird if not she mentioned beforehand. Though you are right she has right to do whatever she wants it's more like a courtesy to ask.
What it was weird for me when MC has seen Melissa and Emily kissing that he freaked out, what the hell man. What's it to you? They can have fun. There was no need to freak out. I was expecting he'd joke about it, like it does not look like a paperwork to me or something like that but he freaked out. :unsure:
This... (y)

burbero

Jun 18, 2022

For the twin thing, I was mostly joking but his tattoos don't match more than one occasion. :giggle:
The reason he was freaking out about Melissa and Emily having sex was something else. I don't remember exactly, but she blamed this relationship for her breakup with her father for a short time and then she calmed down quickly.

Reactions: mnotwoke

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
asked for permission or discussed it with you?
Both.

Again, my mother was a lot older and to be fair, different circumstances in that I grew up my stepfather unlike the MC. However, my mother becoming involved with someone else still affects me, our relationship and possibly financially at some point.

Again, it's called basic respect even if she had no requirement to do so. Just because you'tre an adult and can do whatever the fuck you want without consideration for anyone or anything else....doesn't mean you should.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
It was nice of her to ask, not like she was asking a permission but MC dated Iris and he is still close to Iris and John. So it could be weird if not she mentioned beforehand. Though you are right she has right to do whatever she wants it's more like a courtesy to ask.
She shouldn't have asked him. It's okay that she informs him, but she asks for his permission. It's even a choice. MC simply has no say in the matter. It's nice that Emily involves him, but ultimately in the wrong way. These are choices that free people have to make for themselves. Their children, parents, siblings, whoever, don't get to interfere. The only exception is if you know that she is planning to date a proven bad person, e.g. someone who beats women or children or says things like: "Either you're mine or you're your land." But then it's not about refusing "permission", it's about protecting this person from a bad person.

firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
Both.

Again, my mother was a lot older and to be fair, different circumstances in that I grew up my stepfather unlike the MC. However, my mother becoming involved with someone else still affects me, our relationship and possibly financially at some point.

Again, it's called basic respect even if she had no requirement to do so.
this is getting off topic but,
out of sheer curiosity, what do you think she would do if you said you weren't comfortable with her seeking companionship?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
this is getting off topic but,
out of sheer curiosity, what do you think she would do if you said you weren't comfortable with her seeking companionship?
Don't have to think at all. One I freely gave my blessing to and two I was dead set against (for financial reasons). The two I was against, one she took my advice and didn't date him..the other she ignored me and did anyway..then found out what a mistake it was.

Don't think me for something I'm not. I was never (and still aren't now she is almost 80) against her meeting someone again. If I think the guy alright and not suss I have no issue with it. However, given details I'm not discussing over the net with strnagers, I will personally vet anyone she might be interested in (not that I think she actually cares anymore now at her age).

Oct 10, 2022
She shouldn't have asked him. It's okay that she informs him, but she asks for his permission. It's even a choice. MC simply has no say in the matter. It's nice that Emily involves him, but ultimately in the wrong way. These are choices that free people have to make for themselves. Their children, parents, siblings, whoever, don't get to interfere. The only exception is if you know that she is planning to date a proven bad person, e.g. someone who beats women or children or says things like: "Either you're mine or you're your land." But then it's not about refusing "permission", it's about protecting this person from a bad person.
I do agree with you, at the end it is only Emily's choice but like Maviarab said it will effect MC too and also it was not asking permission, she asked what do you think about it she did not say can I.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When he said go for it, he even acknowledged she did not need a permission and said John is a good guy.
When he is against it, he did not say he is not allowing it he said it will feel weird since Iris is his ex.

All in all, I believe you are absolutely correct about this in general. She definitely does not need a permission from him. Or in general, no one has such an authority over others as long as they are consenting adults. Though, in this situation Emily was not asking a permission, more like informing him and asking his opinion. After all, MC knows John and can make an informed guess whether or not they would be a match and can talk how does he feel about it. When he is against it, he is not saying you can't do that he is talking about that would make him uncomfortable.

Reactions: LSC82 and Tremonia

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I do agree with you, at the end it is only Emily's choice but like Maviarab said it will effect MC too and also it was not asking permission, she asked what do you think about it she did not say can I.
When he said go for it, he even acknowledged she did not need a permission and said John is a good guy.
When he is against it, he did not say he is not allowing it he said it will feel weird since Iris is his ex.

All in all, I believe you are absolutely correct about this in general. She definitely does not need a permission from him. Or in general, no one has such an authority over others as long as they are consenting adults. Though, in this situation Emily was not asking a permission, more like informing him and asking his opinion. After all, MC knows John and make an informed guess whether or not they would be a match. When he is against it, he is not saying you can't do that he is talking about that would make him uncomfortable.
Exactly 100% this. Makes even more sense within the context of this VN (compared to my personal situation) because Emily knows that her son knows the guy. I mean, in any sense of reality, why would you NOT discuss it with them?

Getting slightly OT again, but staying OT within the realms of possibilities....suppose John only appears to be a good guy...does Emily own her own house outright? The resteraunt? MC is Emily's only child. He should inherit everything. If emily's new relationship gets the point of marriage (regardless of who it is with)...that creates a whole future financial can of worms that I'm sorry...as a parent you should be thinking about...hence again, why the fuck would you not discuss this with your children? (Not terribly relevent in this VN as the MC still a kid...but fast forward 30 years.....).

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
God, I don't know why you made such a big deal out of this sentence ("Either you're mine or you're your land.") You made a big deal out of it to say that Turks are disrespectful to women. I am not disrespectful, I am not even sexist or homophobic. It is certain that you misunderstood. Or I don't know if the translation misled you because I'm not good at English. It's just a promise that you love someone very much. Like, I belong to you forever, and if I don't, I'm in the ground. I hope the translation makes you understand correctly.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Your mother that you live under her roof still should not ask your opinion/blessing on dating your good friend and the father of your ex girlfriend? Don't let future consequences and accountability stand in the way of virtue signaling that she should do what she wants. :FacePalm::FacePalm:

I sincerely hope you didn't have these type of parents, or Lord forbit become one.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Your mother that you live under her roof still should not ask your opinion/blessing on dating your good friend and the father of your ex girlfriend? Don't let future consequences and accountability stand in the way of virtue signaling that she should do what she wants. :FacePalm::FacePalm:

I sincerely hope you didn't have these type of parents, or Lord forbit become one.
This. Actually.
Any single parent worth a penny will ask for your opinions in regard to a new relationship as this is highly disruptive. Even more so if you actually know the other person.
If Mc had said No that would be pretty okay and acceptable. John is not the only male in the world and Emily can guess that it would be really uncomfortable for her son, who has been in a long broken relationship with her. Now, imagine if she has to choose to keep one relationship with a stranger or her cherished son which she luckily could connect again.
Come on guys, stop being stupid. It's like your mom suddenly started going out with one of your teachers in school out of the blue. I cringe at the thought.

Oct 10, 2022

Don't be harsh on Trem, Trem is right the way she interpreted the situation. If Emily was asking permission and MC was the sole decider on that, that would be morally unacceptable. No one should have that authority over someone.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This. Actually.
Any single parent worth a penny will ask for your opinions in regard to a new relationship as this is highly disruptive. Even more so if you actually know the other person.
If Mc had said No that would be pretty okay and acceptable. John is not the only male in the world and Emily can guess that it would be really uncomfortable for her son, who has been in a long broken relationship with her. Now, imagine if she has to choose to keep one relationship with a stranger or her cherished son which she luckily could connect again.
Come on guys, stop being stupid. It's like your mom suddenly started going out with one of your teachers in school out of the blue. I cringe at the thought.
I did tell her no. But knowin Nyx, do you think that's goin to matter in the long run? Nope. Not one bit.

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
There's something on my mind. You know when Erynn accused Alexis of having sex with Ethan, then MC talked to Alexis about it and at the end of the conversation, the choice of "I believe Alexis" or "She's lying" was revealed. What was the reason for that? I don't understand why Nyx made such a choice. Could Alexis really be lying? After all, she had sex with Mc on the plane even though she knew about Erynn. Maybe that's Alexis' quirk.

• Angry
Reactions: LSC82 and Wizardas

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
There's something on my mind. You know when Erynn accused Alexis of having sex with Ethan, then MC talked to Alexis about it and at the end of the conversation, the choice of "I believe Alexis" or "She's lying" was revealed. What was the reason for that? I don't understand why Nyx made such a choice. Could Alexis really be lying? After all, she had sex with Mc on the plane even though she knew about Erynn. Maybe that's Alexis' quirk.
Maybe i'm gullible but after I played her path I dont she was lying. Only reason she even lied / held the truth for so long from her best friend is cause she had a crush on the MC. Otherwise I dont really think she is a liar, that and she hates Ethan. Also if you remember Ethan was trying to ruin all of Erynn's friendships by being manipulative and lying. So I dont doubt for a second he made it up / spread the rumor to try and end their friendship. I think Erynn only accused her of sleeping with Ethan in that scene because it was heat of the moment and she was angry about her holding the truth back about the MC.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes