mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
I'm so ambivalent right now... i'm both "oh that's nice" and "what a waste" at the moment.

I'm also ambivalent.

Sigh.

BUT ... IT IS NYX ...

Will Nyx actually make more unnecessary drama by giving the MC the choice in future updates of fucking over his own mother Emily ...

Reactions: LSC82

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017

I'm also ambivalent.

Sigh.

BUT ... IT IS NYX ...

Will Nyx actually make more unnecessary drama by giving the MC the choice in future updates of fucking over his own mother Emily ...

Bro.. Hate to be bearer of bad news but... the whole incest thing? Ain't gonna happen. Nyx being the utter dumbass bitch she is is gonna tease the fuck out of it, play it off for shits and giggles. We who have been around a while know this.

As for the unnecessary drama? Oh that's a given, no question. Given we are 12 chapters in, have YET to deal or properly handle Erynns own bullshit drama, not to mention she kills off one of her characters for whatever fucking reason only for it to be that one chick that worked for your mom for no reason other than attempted shock value or drama (how truly original Nyx). This is Nyx MO. This is her 'jam'. It "works" for her. But here is the thing, given how she's surrounded herself with yesman simp mods who will bar and ban anyone who have any sort of viable constructive feedback, she's gonna keep going on with this bullshit drama shitshow until either one of two things happen. Either her computers die and explode OR paterons start pulling their money in support. Because as soon as you start losing that cushy payments each month, it would eventually send a message. There is only so much drama one can take. Yet this issue with Erynn has been circled jerked for what feels like 100 episodes now it seems. Put it to FUCKING rest already.

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
it would eventually send a message. There is only so much drama one can take. Yet this issue with Erynn has been circled jerked for what feels like 100 episodes now it seems. Put it to FUCKING rest already.
Yeah I know the incest thing won't happen.

I agree. The Erynn issue - both the relationship issue and the Ethan issue - could have been resolved long ago. Focusing it into one or two updates/chapters could resolve the issue.

The unnecessary drama can continue since the AVN works as a cable TV teen drama/soap opera and not 21 Jump Street (80s TV series version).

Reactions: LSC82

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
huh? Care to explain that one? :unsure:
When most devs do proper animations you get them as mp4s or whatever, and it's an actual video segment/loop that plays. Others just cycle through individual frames, there weren't any actual animation files. I think that might be what they were suggesting here. I'm not certain, but I can't recall any actual animation in the game off the top of my head.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Intertwined's always been a free-time thing. Nyx plays it safe and doesn't stick to strictly framed development. When it's ready is what you get when questioned. So all those calculations don't work as a judgement I reckon. Take it (and pay) or leave it.
That's still impressive numbers for a hobby. Doing much more than a lot of "full-time" devs... And the quality is quite good.

Either her computers die and explode OR paterons start pulling their money in support.
When you consider than someone like ICSTOR's still having thousands of patrons with years of nothing produced, it won't happen anytime soon

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I would be delighted to offer further elucidation on this matter.

The animations employed in the Nyx project diverge significantly from what one typically encounters in other similar endeavors. Most projects of this nature utilize a single webm or mp4 file for animations. However, Nyx takes a distinct approach: she generates hundreds of individual jpg images and subsequently constructs a function that sequentially displays each image with a brief interval of 0.1 seconds. This amalgamation of images effectively produces an animation, albeit one that I would characterize as pseudo-animations. Regrettably, this approach complicates the task of distinguishing between animations and renders.

In the context of episode 12, we encounter a total of 250 animation frames (jpgs). Consequently, the true render count should be 1,214. However, for practical reasons*, I have opted not to retrospectively analyze episodes prior to the 12th, separating and calculating animation frames and renders. Instead, I have combined these elements and provided a explanation.

I have appended an additional explanation to my original post, aiming to assist others who may also find my initial explanation confusing.

I trust that this clarification enhances your understanding. Wishing you a splendid remainder of the day!

*The pratical reason for my amalgamation lies in the unavailability of historical files, rendering it impossible to segregate animation counts from render counts. My tabulation is organized by updates rather than episodes. While I have access to all episodes, Nyx’s rework of previous episodes has resulted in the removal of files necessary for me to provide information on an update-by-update basis
And there is a downside with that approach, the "animations" can be laggy. I have my AVN on a HDD (they don't need to be on a SSD), and I have no problem with 99% of the other games' animations, but in this one it's laggy

Reactions: ElectronicRoberts

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
with a man,she is sexy
And with a woman she's not sexy anymore?
But here is the thing, given how she's surrounded herself with yesman simp mods who will bar and ban anyone who have any sort of viable constructive feedback, she's gonna keep going on with this bullshit drama shitshow until either one of two things happen.
Yeah, that's bullshit and you know it. I'm on that Discord since a while and I only saw maybe two or three times they kicked one out and that wasn't because of viable constructive feedback. It was for violating the rules and several warnings. So why do you stir up shit? Why do you lie? It's okay if you don't like the game or the way how the dev develops it or the dev herself. It would be your opinion. But a lie is not a opinion. It's a lie.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx and Maviarab

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
A little less pedantry would've been appreciated, but whatever gets you off I guess... Anyhoo, I get your point about how Nyx's animations would interfere with your render count and all, but you DO realize an animation is an animation, right? Just because it's not in a video file, that doesn't make it any less of an animation.

In fact, every single animation ever created is composed of a sequence of static images... you do understand the basics of animations right? So any "true" animation is also a bunch of static renders bundled in a video file... so there's no "true" animations, basically (except for physical real world animation, of course)...

I mean, if Nyx advertized X amount of renders while not clarifying that a percentage of those are used in animations, I could maybe get your outrage (and not really, tbh, wtf...), but come on dude...

Last edited:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Allow me to clarify: I harbor no sense of outrage, and I apologize if my previous statement was misconstrued in that manner.
I simply intend to convey that Nyx’s approach to presenting animations diverges from the conventional norm. Consequently, I incorporate their count within the render count, as that aligns with Nyx’s chosen production method.
While I cannot alter your perspective, I sincerely wish you the best.
Damn, imagine trying to sound all smart and then saying the dumbest shit possible... :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, a lot of devs count their animation renders, so they'll say "1234 static renders, 5678 animation renders", 'cause guess what, it's the same fuckin' thing...

Would it make any difference if Nyx said she did 826 (or whatever) static renders and 2 animated scenes, instead of 1464 renders?

Or are you just complaining that the episode is shorter? 'Cause yeah, that sucks, but she warned that would be the case well in advance.

Reactions: Maviarab

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
...I simply intend to convey that Nyx’s approach to presenting animations diverges from the conventional norm....
That's imo not right. If I would take a guess ~1/3 of the games I play are using image files like Intertwined to let RenPy do the animations. For me not the best way for longer ones because it's lagging then. But also sometimes better since it has the same resolution/colors etc as the base game. On some extra "webm" or video files in other games you notice quite some differences in that.

Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

The animations employed in the Nyx project diverge significantly from what one typically encounters in other similar endeavors. Most projects of this nature utilize a single webm or mp4 file for animations. However, Nyx takes a distinct approach: she generates hundreds of individual jpg images and subsequently constructs a function that sequentially displays each image with a brief interval of 0.1 seconds. This amalgamation of images effectively produces an animation, albeit one that I would characterize as pseudo-animations. Regrettably, this approach complicates the task of distinguishing between animations and renders.

In the context of episode 12, we encounter a total of 250 animation frames (jpgs). Consequently, the true render count should be 1,214. However, for practical reasons*, I have opted not to retrospectively analyze episodes prior to the 12th, separating and calculating animation frames and renders. Instead, I have combined these elements and provided a explanation.

I have appended an additional explanation to my original post, aiming to assist others who may also find my initial explanation confusing.

I trust that this clarification enhances your understanding. Wishing you a splendid remainder of the day!

*The pratical reason for my amalgamation lies in the unavailability of historical files, rendering it impossible to segregate animation counts from render counts. My tabulation is organized by updates rather than episodes. While I have access to all episodes, Nyx’s rework of previous episodes has resulted in the removal of files necessary for me to provide information on an update-by-update basis
You tried to sound so smart too...

Oh well...

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes