Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
The only way Zach gets any redemption is if during spring break Ethan's done something to him to make him realise what a shit he is, not sure how that could've happened though given we see Ethan in ep 12 so there's no reason to believe there's any contact between them.
Fuck no. No redemption for Zach. Only way is if it's forced, which the way shit is goin and we're not given an option to tell the girls what happened, that's how it's goin to probably play out. But if I have the choice, when it comes to Zach, Ethan and the Tweedle Twins:

lance-archer-everybody-dies.gif

Last edited:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Maybe he can go there, hit on the bartender, try to be friends with Zane lol.
Maybe a few of the girls appear there randomly and we get an alternate route... so far only Alexis gets an alternate route, maybe others should(too much work perhaps).

Alvarado is a bit of s shithole, the MC says as much and the original meeting with Cara happens because Nathan and MC opt to drive 2 hours to Riverside because Alvarado sucks for clubs(small detour i wouldn't be surprised if even on a no Nikki/Cara Nathan ends up suggesting Riverside for a night out and we run into them or Julia)
If someone like Lakeyin has the opportunity to move to Madison where she has family and a support system, why not? Doesn't mean she's gonna become a leech, just stay a bit before she gets a roof for herself, and pay back later.

Ohh, totally did that, now i have something else to see lol.

For Zach i understand not wanting to openly divulge that, plus he's out of town and we are having lighthearted fun, why ruin a good date because of that prick? Eventually it will come.
When he's back and the girls wonder if they should include him in any event is the appropriate time.

No signs of forgiveness(good), everytime his name gets mentioned it the MCs thoughts are negative.
some have hints of alternate routes, especially in the code.

actually, i was surprised that Nathan didn't suggest to meet up in Riverside if MC visits Nikki/Cara. Seems they still have some stuff to do in Alvarado, or just hanging out in Nate's home with his girlfriend ? maybe, if MC comes alone, that girl might hit on MC, creating drama between Nathan and MC ?

so on Friday, MC can have a beach date with both Val and Erynn on the same day, or with Layla excluding the other two. Val won't dig too much, even if she might want to have more time during the weekend. Layla and Erynn will be tough though :D Erynn could even want to come with MC as she already knows Nikki/Cara and might want to also meet MC's true bro. Layla could be persuaded to prioritize Lakeyn for the remainder of the break :D

Layla asks MC on the phone before the hot tub party, so it wouldn't ruin anything. MC could have just said something like Zach not being his friend anymore and dodge the follow up questions, or answer everything and be done with it before the party and asking Layla to avoid the topic during the party so he can forget about it.
MC also had several opportunity with Val, and even worse he even asks her if Zach could be the guy she is interested in in the latest update, with a light tone as if nothing happened. the best opportunity would be just after Ethan's even, after Val saved MC... saying Zach brought MC there and then punched MC in the face would be enough to show the end of the friendship, and it would not ruin the mood at all :D
for Erynn and Alexis, MC could have told the whole detail during the conversation after Erynn false cliffhanger, the atmosphere was already heavy so it would not ruin anything. During the beach double date, just saying Zach is no longer his friend is enough too and wouldn't ruin the mood as they can quickly change the topic, everyone there has a low opinion of Zach anyway, only MC was his only redeeming quality :D.

MC's thoughts about it are not that negative compared to what they should really be. they are quite forgiving, in my opinion. most people's thoughts would be filled with insults or hate, or both, if hit with the same betrayal from a decade long friend. the same friend that said "bros before hoes" and went for the exact opposite :D

Reactions: LSC82

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
The only way Zach gets any redemption is if during spring break Ethan's done something to him to make him realise what a shit he is, not sure how that could've happened though given we see Ethan in ep 12 so there's no reason to believe there's any contact between them.
if that happened to Zach, he would have texted or called MC during the break. there is only 3 days left. it's pretty much either a forced redemption where the player has to swallow the shit excuse, or 99% of players will choose to unleash the wrath of the harem unto Zach's ass xD

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: mnotwoke

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
As much as I hate Zach i do hope for a redemption path just to see how it plays out. Unless I have bad memory but isnt there some choices to side with Zach or be on side on some things during camp. Now I never bothered to look if he has his own variable but those choices make me think those would lead toward some kind of Zach path only thing that makes sense to me is a redemption arc since his betrayal is forced.

But yeah fuck Zach in 99% of other saves.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
As much as I hate Zach i do hope for a redemption path just to see how it plays out. Unless I have bad memory but isnt there some choices to side with Zach or be on side on some things during camp. Now I never bothered to look if he has his own variable but those choices make me think those would lead toward some kind of Zach path only thing that makes sense to me is a redemption arc since his betrayal is forced.

I hope not, its not like he was a great bro who suddenly betrayed us. He was an barely bearable annoying dense fuck even before the betrayal. He doesnt even have a single redeeming quality, its just nothingness, he's not even funny at times.

His whole character just makes me ask why anyone would ever want to be friends with a guy like that.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I hope not, its not like he was a great bro who suddenly betrayed us. He was an barely bearable annoying dense fuck even before the betrayal. He doesnt even have a single redeeming quality, its just nothingness, he's not even funny at times.

His whole character just makes me ask why anyone would ever want to be friends with a guy like that.
I dont mean a redemption arc as in the MC forgives him or anything cause that ship as sailed. I more meant like a redemption arc as in he tries to stop Ethan or something when he sees him doing something fucked up something on those lines , depending on our choices of course . Something small like that unless I totally miss remember some of the prior choices, but from what I thought I recalled it did feel like there were some choices that we could somewhat side with him on some things. So be nice for those to actually effect something later since it didn't matter for the betrayal.

Oct 10, 2022
I dont mean a redemption arc as in the MC forgives him or anything cause that ship as sailed. I more meant like a redemption arc as in he tries to stop Ethan or something when he sees him doing something fucked up something on those lines , depending on our choices of course . Something small like that unless I totally miss remember some of the prior choices, but from what I thought I recalled it did feel like there were some choices that we could somewhat side with him on some things. So be nice for those to actually effect something later since it didn't matter for the betrayal.
Des, did anyone tell you you are too good for this world? ;)

I can't wait for the much needed head bashing for him. :devilish:

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
"it's not your fault, you were manipulated by Ethan" focusing on Ethan being the bad guy, and Zach just oblivious.
That's punching the monitor, throwing phone in the wall worthy...
It is his fault, he never listens to any tips on how he should act... and no matter how good of friend the MC is, his behaviour is the exact same.

Maybe he saw some stuff he wasn't meant to... like Ethan roughing up Rachel, and now he believes us that Ethan is bad.
Maybe he'll be used as a mole to get Ethan(terrible idea making the dumbest motherfucker around play spy though)...

And i still don't want anything to do with that motherfucker.
If we beat up Ethan and took his phone [/ISP Oiler] Zach might come into a play as a pawn of Ethan to get back his phone too. Zach might be used to lure one of the ladies into danger.
Also possible.

Amen brother!!!

some have hints of alternate routes, especially in the code.

actually, i was surprised that Nathan didn't suggest to meet up in Riverside if MC visits Nikki/Cara. Seems they still have some stuff to do in Alvarado, or just hanging out in Nate's home with his girlfriend ? maybe, if MC comes alone, that girl might hit on MC, creating drama between Nathan and MC ?

so on Friday, MC can have a beach date with both Val and Erynn on the same day, or with Layla excluding the other two. Val won't dig too much, even if she might want to have more time during the weekend. Layla and Erynn will be tough though :D Erynn could even want to come with MC as she already knows Nikki/Cara and might want to also meet MC's true bro. Layla could be persuaded to prioritize Lakeyn for the remainder of the break :D

Layla asks MC on the phone before the hot tub party, so it wouldn't ruin anything. MC could have just said something like Zach not being his friend anymore and dodge the follow up questions, or answer everything and be done with it before the party and asking Layla to avoid the topic during the party so he can forget about it.
MC also had several opportunity with Val, and even worse he even asks her if Zach could be the guy she is interested in in the latest update, with a light tone as if nothing happened. the best opportunity would be just after Ethan's even, after Val saved MC... saying Zach brought MC there and then punched MC in the face would be enough to show the end of the friendship, and it would not ruin the mood at all :D
for Erynn and Alexis, MC could have told the whole detail during the conversation after Erynn false cliffhanger, the atmosphere was already heavy so it would not ruin anything. During the beach double date, just saying Zach is no longer his friend is enough too and wouldn't ruin the mood as they can quickly change the topic, everyone there has a low opinion of Zach anyway, only MC was his only redeeming quality :D.

MC's thoughts about it are not that negative compared to what they should really be. they are quite forgiving, in my opinion. most people's thoughts would be filled with insults or hate, or both, if hit with the same betrayal from a decade long friend. the same friend that said "bros before hoes" and went for the exact opposite :D
I do wonder how things will turn out on a non-Nikki/Cara run, will we get a scene with that Mira girl(the MC tells Iris that they hooked up), Nathan's girl will show herself to be a hoe? We go to Riverside anyways and run into Julia... or the sister that we didn't disappoint(enter alternate route)...

That beach date with both Erynn and Val is one of the weirdest things, will we be forced to call off one at the last moment completely ruining all the progress made so far?

Erynn sounds like a person who would offer herself accompany us on the trip happily, maybe Nyx will need to throw in some scheduling conflict to justify her not wanting to tag along.

Val is still in the "not commited" stage which i think makes her not wanting to take a trip accross the country justified.

Layla is still largely dependent on her mom, needs approval and doesn't have her own money so that's also easy to
understand, we can easily sell her on "i'm going back to where i lived hang out with my buddy" and "forget" to mention Nikki/Cara, she'll be sad that the MC is gone for the weekend but will accept.

I agree that he had many opportunities to come out with the info, but i don't find the MC not sharing terrible until now...
He'll need to soon, when everybody is back at school it will become inevitable.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023

in the code, yes, you can collect Zach points in several choices. especially during camp.
the choices are mainly doing the stupid stuff he wants to do.

usually, when you are a "good friend" and support zach in everything, it ends up costing you all your relationships. you lose Alexis very early on for good, and then Layla and Elena as potential romance path in camp, Valeria takes back quite a number of points too. and even if you do support him that much, he still betrays you, and the points you built up for him up till there are for nothing. that would have been a good spot to check for points, actually, whether Zach believes you or not depending on your relationship.

MC needs a real bro. Nathan must come to Madison Springs asap.
even if you don't like them, Derek from DIK and Chris from LoF are real bros, they have MC's back, they support their MC to the fullest, and have their best interest at heart.
this is something that is severely lacking in Intertwined. Zach is just an oblivious selfish delusional idiot. irredeemable. even if he is redeemed, he brings absolutely no value. his only use was to introduce MC to Dylan's bar :D

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
That's punching the monitor, throwing phone in the wall worthy...
It is his fault, he never listens to any tips on how he should act... and no matter how good of friend the MC is, his behaviour is the exact same.

Maybe he saw some stuff he wasn't meant to... like Ethan roughing up Rachel, and now he believes us that Ethan is bad.
Maybe he'll be used as a mole to get Ethan(terrible idea making the dumbest motherfucker around play spy though)...

And i still don't want anything to do with that motherfucker.

Also possible.

Amen brother!!!

I do wonder how things will turn out on a non-Nikki/Cara run, will we get a scene with that Mira girl(the MC tells Iris that they hooked up), Nathan's girl will show herself to be a hoe? We go to Riverside anyways and run into Julia... or the sister that we didn't disappoint(enter alternate route)...

That beach date with both Erynn and Val is one of the weirdest things, will we be forced to call off one at the last moment completely ruining all the progress made so far?

Erynn sounds like a person who would offer herself accompany us on the trip happily, maybe Nyx will need to throw in some scheduling conflict to justify her not wanting to tag along.

Val is still in the "not commited" stage which i think makes her not wanting to take a trip accross the country justified.

Layla is still largely dependent on her mom, needs approval and doesn't have her own money so that's also easy to
understand, we can easily sell her on "i'm going back to where i lived hang out with my buddy" and "forget" to mention Nikki/Cara, she'll be sad that the MC is gone for the weekend but will accept.

I agree that he had many opportunities to come out with the info, but i don't find the MC not sharing terrible until now...

If you didn't tip Darryl, prepare for him snitching on you and Nikki with Coach Mike hahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: HiP1 and LSC82

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023

well, Nyx forces MC on the path to monogamy little by little, or face the path of celibacy :D I think you can also have the friday date with both Erynn and Layla but MC vows in his thoughts to "speak" to Erynn about Layla in this case. so if Erynn & Val, I bet we will have to choose one and drop the other too.
Then probably immediately after, the visit in Riverside could also be a forced choice on keeping that relationship or not.

on Friday, then the weekend, Erynn most likely has no modeling gig, she is also on spring break and did her assignments early, she also really wants to get away from her problems, spend as much time as possible with MC and discover where he lived and who his friends were, so the only thing that would prevent her from going is already having plans with Alexis and Lakeyn, or MC flat out refusing her at the cost of a massive loss in points.

Adrianna already knows Layla just had sex with MC, so even though she does think he is a good influence on her daughter, i agree that it's a stretch letting Layla go with MC on an unmonitored weekend trip :D they are not even in an official relationship. but I don't think Layla would need money as she is already 18, she has some savings for sure. she could order some stuff online, so she has a bank account and a credit/debit card. and the characters in the game are not really concerned with money, they pretty much buy whatever they want for the story.

Reactions: mnotwoke and LSC82

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
That title goes to the best friend of the MC of the AVN called Three Rules of Life since he convinces the MC mother to abandon her family to chase after some lesbian fling so he pretty much ruined the MC life from that game because the mom listens to him and the MC grows up with out his mother.
Have to check that out

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
there is a chance that Santiago actually knows who MC is to him, Emily could have shown him some pictures and told him the name of his son. then he meets MC at the bar by chance, recognizes him but doesn't want to go against Emily's promise, so he decides to only befriend and get to know his son without revealing his identity.

he then went to the camp competition to watch his son. the other possibility would be that he went to check on Layla for his old friend. he even goes to give some advice to his son if MC loses the race. he didn't do that for anyone else, not even Layla that he knows since she was born. he didn't even spare a second for Gabi. so going out of his way for a random guy he only met once is weird if he doesn't do the same for the other people he knows.

also, he remembers MC's name (might be thanks to his job) even if MC loses, the next time they meet in the bar, even though he meets tons of people daily. and before going, he probably asked Lexi how she knows MC

if he still has feelings for MC's mom, it will be fun to see how Santiago vs John plays out :D now that Andres is out, Emily could act upon her lingering feelings if MC accepts his father.

• Yay, new update!

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
well, Nyx forces MC on the path to monogamy little by little, or face the path of celibacy :D I think you can also have the friday date with both Erynn and Layla but MC vows in his thoughts to "speak" to Erynn about Layla in this case. so if Erynn & Val, I bet we will have to choose one and drop the other too.
Then probably immediately after, the visit in Riverside could also be a forced choice on keeping that relationship or not.
LOL that sounds spot on :ROFLMAO:.
Nyx is gonna start forcing our hands with these choices.

on Friday, then the weekend, Erynn most likely has no modeling gig, she is also on spring break and did her assignments early, she also really wants to get away from her problems, spend as much time as possible with MC and discover where he lived and who his friends were, so the only thing that would prevent her from going is already having plans with Alexis and Lakeyn, or MC flat out refusing her at the cost of a massive loss in points.
This trip does sound like something she would love to come with, and would sign in as soon as given the option.
Will she never learn? Even the Alexis thing you brought up it sounds like something she would drop for a full weekend with the MC.

Only her needing to work on saturday would make sense imo.

Saying we don't want her to come along of course would be a relationship killer almost.

Adrianna already knows Layla just had sex with MC, so even though she does think he is a good influence on her daughter, i agree that it's a stretch letting Layla go with MC on an unmonitored weekend trip :D they are not even in an official relationship. but I don't think Layla would need money as she is already 18, she has some savings for sure. she could order some stuff online, so she has a bank account and a credit/debit card. and the characters in the game are not really concerned with money, they pretty much buy whatever they want for the story.
Even if Layla can afford it by herself and doesn't have to ask Adriana for extra money, Layla is still in a "needs parental approval" situation(unlike Erynn, Alexis or Iris... all who could sign in for a trip there rather quickly), she can't simply vanish for 2 days... and she's still taking extra lessons with Gabi... i think that one getting blocked is fair enough.

there is a chance that Santiago actually knows who MC is to him, Emily could have shown him some pictures and told him the name of his son. then he meets MC at the bar by chance, recognizes him but doesn't want to go against Emily's promise, so he decides to only befriend and get to know his son without revealing his identity.

he then went to the camp competition to watch his son. the other possibility would be that he went to check on Layla for his old friend. he even goes to give some advice to his son if MC loses the race. he didn't do that for anyone else, not even Layla that he knows since she was born. he didn't even spare a second for Gabi. so going out of his way for a random guy he only met once is weird if he doesn't do the same for the other people he knows.

also, he remembers MC's name (might be thanks to his job) even if MC loses, the next time they meet in the bar, even though he meets tons of people daily. and before going, he probably asked Lexi how she knows MC

if he still has feelings for MC's mom, it will be fun to see how Santiago vs John plays out :D now that Andres is out, Emily could act upon her lingering feelings if MC accepts his father.
That is certainly a possibility, but his attitude in the last event in the bar he sounded very oblivious talking about Emily right next to her(their) son...

The options here are:
He's nice to this kid because he considers him a good prospect that he'll be able manage and make some money off.
Or he knows it's his son, and doesn't say anything because of his promise.

I think he needed to be there anyway, he wanted to speak to Darryl(is surprised by the MCs performance if he wins) and he also talked to Sha'Cari.
Coach also treats his presence like nothing out of the ordinary.

Santiago ignoring Layla i can easily rationalize that Layla doesn't like people knowing Adriana is her mom...
She probably doesn't want people knowing her connections to Santiago either... and he knows not to get too friendly with her on these events.

Reactions: mnotwoke and HiP1

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
LOL that sounds spot on :ROFLMAO:.
Nyx is gonna start forcing our hands with these choices.

This trip does sound like something she would love to come with, and would sign in as soon as given the option.
Will she never learn? Even the Alexis thing you brought up it sounds like something she would drop for a full weekend with the MC.

Only her needing to work on saturday would make sense imo.

Saying we don't want her to come along of course would be a relationship killer almost.

Even if Layla can afford it by herself and doesn't have to ask Adriana for extra money, Layla is still in a "needs parental approval" situation(unlike Erynn, Alexis or Iris... all who could sign in for a trip there rather quickly), she can't simply vanish for 2 days... and she's still taking extra lessons with Gabi... i think that one getting blocked is fair enough.

That is certainly a possibility, but his attitude in the last event in the bar he sounded very oblivious talking about Emily right next to her(their) son...

The options here are:
He's nice to this kid because he considers him a good prospect that he'll be able manage and make some money off.
Or he knows it's his son, and doesn't say anything because of his promise.

I think he needed to be there anyway, he wanted to speak to Darryl(is surprised by the MCs performance if he wins) and he also talked to Sha'Cari.
Coach also treats his presence like nothing out of the ordinary.

Santiago ignoring Layla i can easily rationalize that Layla doesn't like people knowing Adriana is her mom...
She probably doesn't want people knowing her connections to Santiago either... and he knows not to get too friendly with her on these events.
There is also someone that we forget quickly: Alexis. at the end of the update, we are still in the bar with her. there is still time for her to try and insert herself on the weekend trip too... :D on the same day, she tells MC that she would never leave without telling him, so she certainly expects the same from him, as her standards are very high for him. moreover, if Erynn is going, she could want to come too. now, Lakeyn being the person she picked up at the airport might be a hindrance in this, but she could also drop that quickly for a weekend with her "i love you" boyfriend, or at least offer to meet him when she accompany her cousin back in Alvarado. She also already met Nathan in Lakeyn's shop, as she remembers him vaguely from the pictures.
Moreover, if you are with Nikki, you can hide her from Alexis completely for now. so there needs to be a consequence for having lied there, because you couldn't hide Cara before.

the funniest thing would be for the whole family to go then. Alexis, Layla and Adrianna, whoever path you are on :D

Layla's lessons with Gabi seem to be finished. the weekend is coming. but yeah, Layla is the easiest to justify not coming with MC.

there is no reason for Santiago to be nice to a random kid. he meets MC at Dylan's bar, so he doesn't know if he is a good prospect at that point. and Marauders' fans are a dime a dozen in that bar, he met tons of them before and after MC, who doesn't make any particular impression on Santiago except making a call and stepping out during the game.
Santiago is a pro negotiator, so keeping a poker face is second nature for him.

it's Darryl that boasts that the agent comes for him, but the only person he would come for, for his job, is ShaCarri. he doesn't come to talk to Darryl if MC loses. We only see him greeting the coach, sitting next to the MSU recruiter, and speaking with ShaCarri and MC. and we can speculate Gabi yelled at him over the phone.
most importantly, he doesn't come to talk to MC if he wins the race, even though that would be when MC would be considered a good prospect. he comes down only if MC loses. so that could be interpreted as a father coming to comfort his son. my guess is that Layla is quicker than him in congratulating MC.

You're right, Layla could want to avoid advertise her connection to Santiago as she doesn't want to be asked to introduce them all the time. but she doesn't seem to mind people knowing that Enzo is her father or that her family is rich. And that seems to be weirdly brushed over by every character.
Alexis is surprised that MC hasn't met her dad yet, during the night she announces their relationship to her mom. So the identity of their dad doesn't seem to be a secret. Erynn and Alexis say that Lexi's dad is too famous, in frront of MC, so they clearly imply that MC should know who he is too. and Layla was more hurt that people took advantage of her because of her mom, instead of her dad being rich and famous. When Darryl delivers the chicken wings, he seems to know who lives there, and seems to think that MC lives there too, concluding that it explains all the things he didn't understand about MC.
there is a chance that MC met their dad during the early years, without knowing that it was their dad as he only cared about Erynn and no one else :D

• Haha
Reactions: mnotwoke and LSC82
4.40 star(s) 271 Votes