LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
There is also someone that we forget quickly: Alexis. at the end of the update, we are still in the bar with her. there is still time for her to try and insert herself on the weekend trip too... :D on the same day, she tells MC that she would never leave without telling him, so she certainly expects the same from him, as her standards are very high for him. moreover, if Erynn is going, she could want to come too. now, Lakeyn being the person she picked up at the airport might be a hindrance in this, but she could also drop that quickly for a weekend with her "i love you" boyfriend, or at least offer to meet him when she accompany her cousin back in Alvarado. She also already met Nathan in Lakeyn's shop, as she remembers him vaguely from the pictures.
Moreover, if you are with Nikki, you can hide her from Alexis completely for now. so there needs to be a consequence for having lied there, because you couldn't hide Cara before.

the funniest thing would be for the whole family to go then. Alexis, Layla and Adrianna, whoever path you are on :D

Layla's lessons with Gabi seem to be finished. the weekend is coming. but yeah, Layla is the easiest to justify not coming with MC.

there is no reason for Santiago to be nice to a random kid. he meets MC at Dylan's bar, so he doesn't know if he is a good prospect at that point. and Marauders' fans are a dime a dozen in that bar, he met tons of them before and after MC, who doesn't make any particular impression on Santiago except making a call and stepping out during the game.
Santiago is a pro negotiator, so keeping a poker face is second nature for him.

it's Darryl that boasts that the agent comes for him, but the only person he would come for, for his job, is ShaCarri. he doesn't come to talk to Darryl if MC loses. We only see him greeting the coach, sitting next to the MSU recruiter, and speaking with ShaCarri and MC. and we can speculate Gabi yelled at him over the phone.
most importantly, he doesn't come to talk to MC if he wins the race, even though that would be when MC would be considered a good prospect. he comes down only if MC loses. so that could be interpreted as a father coming to comfort his son. my guess is that Layla is quicker than him in congratulating MC.

You're right, Layla could want to avoid advertise her connection to Santiago as she doesn't want to be asked to introduce them all the time. but she doesn't seem to mind people knowing that Enzo is her father or that her family is rich. And that seems to be weirdly brushed over by every character.
Alexis is surprised that MC hasn't met her dad yet, during the night she announces their relationship to her mom. So the identity of their dad doesn't seem to be a secret. Erynn and Alexis say that Lexi's dad is too famous, in frront of MC, so they clearly imply that MC should know who he is too. and Layla was more hurt that people took advantage of her because of her mom, instead of her dad being rich and famous. When Darryl delivers the chicken wings, he seems to know who lives there, and seems to think that MC lives there too, concluding that it explains all the things he didn't understand about MC.
there is a chance that MC met their dad during the early years, without knowing that it was their dad as he only cared about Erynn and no one else :D
Alexis 100% would want to come with, specially because officially she's your GF, with Erynn there's a (lame btw) excuse the MC can throw at her "i didn't think you would be interested", but Alexis would have reasons to be pissed if her BF is planning trips across the country without giving her a heads up at least, plus she's already been to that town, traveling by herself... if Lakeyin is in town just for the weekend it puts her in a terrible situation though.
I don't think we can be sure Layla won't have any further lessons with Gabi, either way, it's easy to have her on "i wish i could come with".

The thing about the whole family going together would be hillarious lol.

You are saying that Layla is open about the identity of her dad(Enzo) but i don't agree with that, she's rather closed with this info, the only thing she says is that he used to play Basketball at college level(plus track and American Football), unclear wether he went pro or not... and says big Marauders fan, not former Marauders player which to me sounds a like a big misdirection(for what it's worth in a previous version she had never seen him play, and it was clear her father never became a pro, she only knew her mom's words, but this dialogue has been changed), only time she ever brings him up.
And as far as we know that's more than the average person knows about her father.
Elena and Sienna might now her father but i think that's it.

Darryl looked somewhat enigmatic when he saw the MC while making that delivery, i can't really interpret what he's thinking... it might be "so that's where he lives" it might be something else, maybe he delivered there before and Adriana(he might think you are fucking the principal lol) or Alexis came to the door... If he saw Santiago he could assume that's his father given that they look alike.
The only thing i rate slightly lower is him knowing that's where Layla lives, if he knew that info he wouldn't have a confused look, you are there because of Layla, simple.

Santiago looked to be there on a job, completely normal day for him.
He isn't ready to offer the MC a contract after watching him perform once, but with that said even the performance of an loser MC grabs his attention, hence the friendly advice and immediate recognition on the next encounter.
Sha'Carri is confirmed number 1 prospect in the country so he went to have a "proper" conversation with her.
Maybe the reason he doesn't say anything to the winning MC is Layla(going back to the theory that he keeps her distance from her on purpose).

He doesn't have any reason to be nice to a random Marauder fan at the bar, but he also doesn't have any reason not to be, this is actually a fairly common way for people to connect and become friends.
And Santiago-MC seem to agree on who is playing badly and who is doing good lol.
Plus Nyx loves that "they are so much like each other" trope, that their connection is immediate.

On the Alexis path he never got a good look at the 2 together, he only knows she's dating someone... but possibly wouldn't recognize him.
On the Layla path he maybe puts 2 and 2 together, but she still doesn't Adriana to tell "dad" that the boy from school deflowered her.

Reactions: HiP1 and mnotwoke

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Alexis 100% would want to come with, specially because officially she's your GF, with Erynn there's a (lame btw) excuse the MC can throw at her "i didn't think you would be interested", but Alexis would have reasons to be pissed if her BF is planning trips across the country without giving her a heads up at least, plus she's already been to that town, traveling by herself... if Lakeyin is in town just for the weekend it puts her in a terrible situation though.
I don't think we can be sure Layla won't have any further lessons with Gabi, either way, it's easy to have her on "i wish i could come with".

The thing about the whole family going together would be hillarious lol.

You are saying that Layla is open about the identity of her dad(Enzo) but i don't agree with that, she's rather closed with this info, the only thing she says is that he used to play Basketball at college level(plus track and American Football), unclear wether he went pro or not... and says big Marauders fan, not former Marauders player which to me sounds a like a big misdirection(for what it's worth in a previous version she had never seen him play, and it was clear her father never became a pro, she only knew her mom's words, but this dialogue has been changed), only time she ever brings him up.
And as far as we know that's more than the average person knows about her father.
Elena and Sienna might now her father but i think that's it.

Darryl looked somewhat enigmatic when he saw the MC while making that delivery, i can't really interpret what he's thinking... it might be "so that's where he lives" it might be something else, maybe he delivered there before and Adriana(he might think you are fucking the principal lol) or Alexis came to the door... If he saw Santiago he could assume that's his father given that they look alike.
The only thing i rate slightly lower is him knowing that's where Layla lives, if he knew that info he wouldn't have a confused look, you are there because of Layla, simple.

Santiago looked to be there on a job, completely normal day for him.
He isn't ready to offer the MC a contract after watching him perform once, but with that said even the performance of an loser MC grabs his attention, hence the friendly advice and immediate recognition on the next encounter.
Sha'Carri is confirmed number 1 prospect in the country so he went to have a "proper" conversation with her.
Maybe the reason he doesn't say anything to the winning MC is Layla(going back to the theory that he keeps her distance from her on purpose).

He doesn't have any reason to be nice to a random Marauder fan at the bar, but he also doesn't have any reason not to be, this is actually a fairly common way for people to connect and become friends.
And Santiago-MC seem to agree on who is playing badly and who is doing good lol.
Plus Nyx loves that "they are so much like each other" trope, that their connection is immediate.

On the Alexis path he never got a good look at the 2 together, he only knows she's dating someone... but possibly wouldn't recognize him.
On the Layla path he maybe puts 2 and 2 together, but she still doesn't Adriana to tell "dad" that the boy from school deflowered her.
Lakeyn is the only reasonable thing that could put the blame on Alexis for not coming :D then MC can turn it around on her xD though if he is not cheating, then MC might genuinely want to go with his girlfriend too.

I think I completely missed the part where Layla talks about her dad.
I don't think she is completely open and goes out of her way to tell everyone. just that she doesn't try to actively hide it like she did with her mom, as if it's a given that people know. a bit like MC doesn't mind people knowing his mom is the restaurant owner when asked directly but doesn't go out of his way to advertise it either, he only hid it from his father.

the scene with Darryl, there is not a lot that is said. but we can infer that he knows the neighborhood is rich, that he could see the name of the customer that placed the order, and that he doesn't understand how MC gets all the girls he sees him with and why Layla and MC are that close that quickly enough that MC defended Layla from Lucas. That's why I think Darryl says "that explains a lot" because he thinks MC gets the girls only because he is rich or the son of someone famous. Seeing the customer's name, he may think that MC lives with Layla and might be related or at least from the same neighborhood. Darryl could also just think that they are dating. he doesn't feel confused, to me, more like "WTF? Really ?! What is that guy doing here ?".

in sports, it's the results that count. if MC loses, there is zero reason to pay attention to him specifically, even if he remembers him from the bar, he could just walk away like he does for literally everyone else besides coach and ShaCarri. Santiago doesn't even go speak to Darryl who won, or Gabi who he is very close to. but he goes specifically talk to a loser and leaves immediately? not even top 3, 4th place. so either he knows MC is his son, or he sees a young self in MC. I go with the son explanation :D taking pity on a mediocre athlete he sees day in day out is not a really good reason.

You can be nice and polite to random people who share your passion for your favorite team, but in a professional setting, going out of your way to pay for them behind their back, comfort them after their loss, sharing your life story and the name of the love of your life so quickly ? it's clearly more than that. Santiago goes to MC every chance he gets. Now that he knows MC is Lexi's or Layla's boyfriend he might try to visit his old friend's house more often to catch MC, as he could not find him in the bar as regularly as he hoped.
Though I like your point. People just being nice and open in general would be better :)

from your last sentence, I understand that you go for the theory that Santiago is Layla's dad ?

Reactions: LSC82 and mnotwoke

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
You can be nice and polite to random people who share your passion for your favorite team, but in a professional setting, going out of your way to pay for them behind their back, comfort them after their loss, sharing your life story and the name of the love of your life so quickly ? it's clearly more than that. Santiago goes to MC every chance he gets.
I think it's more of a ploy to reevaluate Santiago. By default he is the asshole who abandoned the MC's pregnant Emily, but now the story needs Santi to be the cool guy

Reactions: mnotwoke

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Progress Update_Val.png

Quick little update:

I had a few days off and made some good progress last week. All pre-beach scenes are done. I've added another unplanned scene with a certain love interest and I think it turned out great. Very happy with it. I'll keep this a secret though.

I'm starting on the actual beach scene tomorrow. And I'll start with the Erynn scene. I'm still not completely satisfied with how the beach looks, so I might try to change the scene a bit first. The Erynn beach scene is basically the solo beach scene of the Alexis-Erynn-Iris beach scene. Some things will be the same and then some extra/other stuff.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I think it's more of a ploy to reevaluate Santiago. By default he is the asshole who abandoned the MC's pregnant Emily, but now the story needs Santi to be the cool guy
could be.
he can still be an asshole for what he did in college but grew up and matured a bit over the years.
he pretty much hit on everything that moved before anyway.
we don't really know how he tried to handle the pregnancy before, what he really wanted. could be his parents that persuaded him. then shifting the blame to them to make him look good ? :D

Reactions: Dr.TSoni

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
The fact Nyx doesn't name the "certain love interest" suggests progress in the Elena route or maybe even finally something for Mel. She mentions Erynn in the update so it's not her, unlikely to be Alexis or Layla as there's no spoilery content by suggesting they have a scene in the update, it'd be very surprising for two updates in a row not to feature a scene them, it won't be Nikki or Cara as it's before the beach scene.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
we don't really know how he tried to handle the pregnancy before, what he really wanted. could be his parents that persuaded him. then shifting the blame to them to make him look good ?
Possible, but even so it was a pretty shitty move. He was "adult" enough to be able to assert himself with his parents, it seems more like the excuse of someone who at the same time doesn't want to take responsibility and doesn't want the infamy that comes with his choice.
But it could very well be me who has too extreme a view on the subject.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Possible, but even so it was a pretty shitty move. He was "adult" enough to be able to assert himself with his parents, it seems more like the excuse of someone who at the same time doesn't want to take responsibility and doesn't want the infamy that comes with his choice.
But it could very well be me who has too extreme a view on the subject.
maybe he wanted to keep the baby, but his parents convinced him that it was not the right time, then told him they would pay Emily for the abortion. then he thinks she got the abortion and doesn't understand why she cuts him off, he moves on. A decade later he meets her by chance and learns that he has a son... and if he really is married to Gabi, it could even explain why their relationship is failing. his feelings for Emily never come back and he wants her back, especially because of his son ? Seeing his friend Zo enjoy his family could have fueled that too. Emily and Santiago probably stopped meeting after the issues with Andres, and he doesn't know that she is now divorced and single. Once he learns what happened with Andres, he might rush right in.

Reactions: mnotwoke and LSC82

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
maybe he wanted to keep the baby, but his parents convinced him that it was not the right time, then told him they would pay Emily for the abortion. then he thinks she got the abortion and doesn't understand why she cuts him off, he moves on. A decade later he meets her by chance and learns that he has a son... and if he really is married to Gabi, it could even explain why their relationship is failing. his feelings for Emily never come back and he wants her back, especially because of his son ? Seeing his friend Zo enjoy his family could have fueled that too. Emily and Santiago probably stopped meeting after the issues with Andres, and he doesn't know that she is now divorced and single. Once he learns what happened with Andres, he might rush right in.
but that does not explain how he is with Adriana, in a relship which seems healthy, they even whish for a 3rd child....

Reactions: mnotwoke and LSC82

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
The fact Nyx doesn't name the "certain love interest" suggests progress in the Elena route or maybe even finally something for Mel. She mentions Erynn in the update so it's not her, unlikely to be Alexis or Layla as there's no spoilery content by suggesting they have a scene in the update, it'd be very surprising for two updates in a row not to feature a scene them, it won't be Nikki or Cara as it's before the beach scene.
might be your bias though :D is Mel really a LI ? could be Elena, but could also be Alexis. she only says "unplanned" so it's rather vague. if it's unplanned in terms of MC schedule/dates, then Alexis also doesn't have any promise meeting with MC. it could just be a prolonged scene in the bar after the cliffhanger and they enjoy more time together after her shift, as a spontaneous thing, so "unplanned". could be Iris too, if MC drops by unannounced to work on her bike with her.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
might be your bias though :D is Mel really a LI ? could be Elena, but could also be Alexis. she only says "unplanned" so it's rather vague. if it's unplanned in terms of MC schedule/dates, then Alexis also doesn't have any promise meeting with MC. it could just be a prolonged scene in the bar after the cliffhanger and they enjoy more time together after her shift, as a spontaneous thing, so "unplanned". could be Iris too, if MC drops by unannounced to work on her bike with her.
Nyx has consistently listed Mel as a confirmed LI, just mentioning her as a possible LI would keep stringing her fans along enough, she has no reason to lie about her LI status being confirmed.

There's a reason why she called it an unplanned scene with "a certain LI", the only reason to phrase it that way is that by naming the LI it provides a spoiler that she doesn't want to provide at this stage, I don't think MC having a scene with Alexis (as you say MC is already with her at the bar already, logic says that he'll at least talk to her there (either freaking out about them being related or Alexis resolving the cliffhanger immediately)) or Iris would be very spoilery. Revealing that there's progress on the Elena route or that the Mel route is actually starting would be something she may want to hide for now.

My money is on Mel simply because inserting a scene with her when MC goes to pick up Erynn for their beach date would be very easy to do and is easily an unplanned scene that she thought of while writing the scene which was just planned to be MC and Erynn.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
For the way things are going in intertwined it's probably going to end like this.
Which is a little annoying since Andres is an evil asshole for fathering the MC and Santiago gets acquitte

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
You can be nice and polite to random people who share your passion for your favorite team, but in a professional setting, going out of your way to pay for them behind their back, comfort them after their loss, sharing your life story and the name of the love of your life so quickly ? it's clearly more than that. Santiago goes to MC every chance he gets. Now that he knows MC is Lexi's or Layla's boyfriend he might try to visit his old friend's house more often to catch MC, as he could not find him in the bar as regularly as he hoped.
Though I like your point. People just being nice and open in general would be better :)

from your last sentence, I understand that you go for the theory that Santiago is Layla's dad ?
They do connect over the game... but what i think Nyx was trying to push is that they are so much like each other that they gel immediately subconsciously, connect even without knowing each other.

I think he's gonna be the guy that lives with them, which the girls call dad, but not really their father... and he's gonna become a bigger character, maybe a reflection on the pussy hound version of the MC as he(Santiago) is trying to get some pussy on the side and maybe ruins his life with Adriana.

Erynn might have another pre-beach scene, she's sure to get another waking up scene... but it doesn't seem like that's who Nyx is reffering to yes.
I don't think it can be Elena, she establishes pretty clearly that we need to deal with Layla before anything else, something that hasn't happened yet, this would be too soon.
Melissa is possible (finally a non-dream scene?), we can easily see her early morning and she's stopping by to thank us for helping Erynn again yesterday.
If it is her it's probably gonna be conditional behind "helping Erynn but not in a relationship".

Anyway Erynn(and Val) fans complaints about "why is the beach scene locked behind Alexis?" worked lol.

• Yay, new update!
Oct 10, 2022
Anything possible in this game so I would not worry too much about it. I think it's even hinted at the beach scene. Seems like Santi was not aware what's going on. So Nyx can says, Santi asked help from his parents then parents did what they did without his knowledge and Emily acted as how MC acts in these situation but Santi wanted to be there for MC.

Is it logical? Not in the slightest. Is it possible? Absolutely.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
They do connect over the game... but what i think Nyx was trying to push is that they are so much like each other that they gel immediately subconsciously, connect even without knowing each other.

I think he's gonna be the guy that lives with them, which the girls call dad, but not really their father... and he's gonna become a bigger character, maybe a reflection on the pussy hound version of the MC as he(Santiago) is trying to get some pussy on the side and maybe ruins his life with Adriana.

Erynn might have another pre-beach scene, she's sure to get another waking up scene... but it doesn't seem like that's who Nyx is reffering to yes.
I don't think it can be Elena, she establishes pretty clearly that we need to deal with Layla before anything else, something that hasn't happened yet, this would be too soon.
Melissa is possible (finally a non-dream scene?), we can easily see her early morning and she's stopping by to thank us for helping Erynn again yesterday.
If it is her it's probably gonna be conditional behind "helping Erynn but not in a relationship".

Anyway Erynn(and Val) fans complaints about "why is the beach scene locked behind Alexis?" worked lol.
I don't think that first quote was mine.

As to the second point, if it's Erynn then why not say "unplanned scene with Erynn" rather than keep the LI's name a mystery? We already know there's Erynn content in the episode, stating that she hadn't planned one of the scenes with her is not something Nyx would feel the need to hide. Likewise we end ep 12 with Lexi so there'd be no spoiler in saying she has a scene in ep 13, Layla wasn't really involved in ep 12 so you'd expect something with her in ep 13, so if she was the LI then she could've said something like "I realised I needed to include Layla in this episode so I created an unplanned scene with her" and it wouldn't be something she would feel the need to hide by keeping the LI secret.

4.40 star(s) 271 Votes