anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I mean the timeline only really fucks up if she keeps Erynn and Alexis the same age, if she ages MC up by 1 or 2 years and ages Erynn and Alexis up the same amount then there's no real timeline issue, just drop in a line that they took a gap year before starting college.

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
I mean the timeline only really fucks up if she keeps Erynn and Alexis the same age, if she ages MC up by 1 or 2 years and ages Erynn and Alexis up the same amount then there's no real timeline issue, just drop in a line that they took a gap year before starting college.
It fucks up many more things. It makes the MC being in highschool at 20, and that is problematic. Highschool is gonna have to be replaced by college, even the LI's gonna have to be aged to be there too, and it'll be difficult to keep Layla that stupid at that boosted age. She should just leave it be, and fuck reddit.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
It fucks up many more things. It makes the MC being in highschool at 20, and that is problematic. Highschool is gonna have to be replaced by college, even the LI's gonna have to be aged to be there too, and it'll be difficult to keep Layla that stupid at that boosted age. She should just leave it be, and fuck reddit.
Layla (and Elena and Valeria) can be kept at 18 even if school is changed to college, just makes them first year students in college rather than final year students in high school.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Nyx has already said that MC was held back a year in high school to cover his age change, so if he's just turned 20 at start of story he can still be in the same class as an 18 year old who has a birthday coming up.
Unfortunately that brings other issues. Someone who is about to turn 19 would no longer be in 'high school' as given the month they were born they would have been in the previous years classes.

I've said it before, this is just yet another example of where Nyx is nowhere near as smart as she likes to think she is. Continually screwing her own story and drowing herself in her own convulated plot and script changes.

Reactions: crotch69

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Unfortunately that brings other issues. Someone who is about to 19 would no longer be in 'high school'.

I've said it before, this is just yet another example of where Nyx is nowhere near as smart as she likes to think she is. Continually screwing her own story and drowing herself in her own convulated plot and script changes.
Simply put them in first year of college not last year of high school, doesn't have to clash with Erynn and Alexis as there can be more than one college in a city.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Simply put them in first year of college not last year of high school, doesn't have to clash with Erynn and Alexis as there can be more than one college in a city.
That's what she should have done in the very first place. You know Nyx though, likes to be clever and push those boundaries.

Reactions: MakkAnzy
Feb 25, 2024
You can be stupid and sweet. But I agree, I don't think Layla is stupid. Maybe a little naive and unworldly, but I wouldn't call her stupid.
I like Layla, but to be honest, because she seems much younger compared to the other LIs, I only have one route with her and didn't develop much affection for her. She would be exactly the best friend who stays in the friendzone. However, I don't remember her being that foolish for her age. I'm trying to recall, and it might be because of her ex-boyfriend?

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I like Layla, but to be honest, because she seems much younger compared to the other LIs, I only have one route with her and didn't develop much affection for her. She would be exactly the best friend who stays in the friendzone. However, I don't remember her being that foolish for her age. I'm trying to recall, and it might be because of her ex-boyfriend?
remember she doesn't have an ex just a guy who claims her. Which I wonder what happened to him you haven't seen or heard from that character since.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
Wasn't he more of a stalker than a boyfriend?
However, the most incriminating scene is when she mistakes Japanese sentences for Spanish.

4.40 star(s) 273 Votes