Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I, 4 one, will wait to see the reworked game ... practically anew, with better streamlined decisions.
Also ... great sport for replays, so we can get a sense of what and where this game will have improved,
elsewhere, which and for whom the heart of MC really is beating underneath all the anger, the anguish, the sorrow.

Reactions: OutOfAshes

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
I don't know, I have mixed feelings about the reboot. And not because the Dev might not be able to handle it. Actually I have complete trust in her/him on that. But I'm already a bit tired of starting games from scratch after all the revamps/reboots/reworks lately. Yes I know that all these games are in development and there is always something that can change. But these things are getting more and more frequent lately.

What makes this game more difficult for me: Here I had "hard" decisions to make. For example the Nikki/Cara plot is closed for me. I don't really want to play through the whole thing again just to be faced with the same choice.

And I don't think it will work if I just skip through the new "old" plot: It seems that the point system/choices were changed, too and I must be careful with my answers again. And actually, in retrospect I don't know all the decisions I made - well, some time has already passed since I've played the older chapters...

So I really hope that the Dev will create a possibility to "import" old saves somehow.

Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
I don't know, I have mixed feelings about the reboot. And not because the Dev might not be able to handle it. Actually I have complete trust in her/him on that. But I'm already a bit tired of starting games from scratch after all the revamps/reboots/reworks lately. Yes I know that all these games are in development and there is always something that can change. But these things are getting more and more frequent lately.

What makes this game more difficult for me: Here I had "hard" decisions to make. For example the Nikki/Cara plot is closed for me. I don't really want to play through the whole thing again just to be faced with the same choice.

And I don't think it will work if I just skip through the new "old" plot: It seems that the point system/choices were changed, too and I must be careful with my answers again. And actually, in retrospect I don't know all the decisions I made - well, some time has already passed since I've played the older chapters...

So I really hope that the Dev will create a possibility to "import" old saves somehow.
It's not really a reboot. I had to make changes in the code or else I can't continue with all the different routes which are in the game. And because I don't want to release an update with just code changes, I included new scenes too.
Don't expect it to be a different story. There are some changes in dialogue and choice options, but they are minor. It's mostly code based. Old saves won't work.

If you don't like starting from scratch, don't play a game which is still in development, wait until the final release. No reason to complain about that imo.

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
It's not really a reboot. I had to make changes in the code or else I can't continue with all the different routes which are in the game. And because I don't want to release an update with just code changes, I included new scenes too.
Don't expect it to be a different story. There are some changes in dialogue and choice options, but they are minor. It's mostly code based. Old saves won't work.

If you don't like starting from scratch, don't play a game which is still in development, wait until the final release. No reason to complain about that imo.
Thanks for the feedback. Maybe my post came across a bit too harshly, that was not supposed to be a complaint. Unfortunately after reading it again, it somehow looks like this now...

I must also confess that I have no idea about making games. If such changes are necessary in game development, then of course you have to do it. And maybe you're right: If this is such a problem for me, I should probably choose completed or at least very advanced games to avoid this. But as I know myself I will still get weak again and will play this update anyway...

October 18, 2020
I updated my Mod to the latest game version v0.5.

November 16, 2020
Attention: As announced I set the mod to "onhold" as a precaution.
v0.5 is maybe my last Mod version for the game. More Infos on my Mod page
Too bad. But maybe the code changes are not that big and you can still manage it somehow. I really liked your mod, would be a pity about that.

Last edited:

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
You should look at the unfinished games here like open alpha versions. In the gaming world, it is not uncommon for large parts of the content to change in the course of the process up to the final product. We should all be happy that we even get the chance to enjoy them before the final release. If you are too impatient to wait for updates or cannot handle changes, you should simply keep your hands off the games here.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Played the game, its decent but I gotta ask, where is the maledom content in the tag?

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
The "reboot" might be the best thing for you to do before all the different choices and scenes depended on said choice all make the game code a complete freaking mess. Having soo many different paths while appreciated is a huge task especially as a game keeps progressing so better fix it now while the game is still small instead of waiting for the ticking time bomb to explode in your face.

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
NOOOO, I WASN'T READY FOR THIS TO END. GIVE ME MOREEEEE. GIVE ME ALL OF ITTTT. ALL OF THE SHIT WAS FINALLY HITTING THE FAN AND I WAS FEELING LIKE A GENIUS BECAUSE I CONNECTED DOTS EARLY . It's messy, but it's a realistic kind of mess and I just love it. *chef's kiss* I also love how there are quite a few LIs, but (so far) it's possible to play a single path (by mild avoidance lol) instead of being forced to romance several of them at once. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope it stays like that throughout the game! I also REALLY love that there's no forced incest. I'm not into incest personally but so many VNs nowadays have incest elements that are unavoidable. I mean, even the idea of MC romancing one of his (almost) step-sisters makes me feel a little weird... so it's a breath of fresh air to be able to friendzone the fuck out of them lol.

Last edited:

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
my take on this is that she had feelings for the MC for about as long as Erynn as we see in the flashback and she kinda saw it as an opportunity to do that before Erynn has a chance to and start a relationship or something. Now is this the best course of action? no. is it kind of a dick move on her part also sure but Erynn has no claim on MC so she's completely free to do that seeing as they both have feelings for the same person

now i do think in the moment itself and the unfold afterwards just works. As i said, it may be viewed as sort of a dick move on Alexis' part but you kind of need a bigger moment than meeting on a plane and hitting it off to create the drama between them and to me this worked perfectly

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
my take on this is that she had feelings for the MC for about as long as Erynn as we see in the flashback and she kinda saw it as an opportunity to do that before Erynn has a chance to and start a relationship or something. Now is this the best course of action? no. is it kind of a dick move on her part also sure but Erynn has no claim on MC so she's completely free to do that seeing as they both have feelings for the same person

now i do think in the moment itself and the unfold afterwards just works. As i said, it may be viewed as sort of a dick move on Alexis' part but you kind of need a bigger moment than meeting on a plane and hitting it off to create the drama between them and to me this worked perfectly
Agreed. I think, in a way, Alexis showed her feelings for MC before Erynn since Erynn was involved with that dick whatever his name is. Also, yeah... Erynn definitely has no claim to MC and I've been doing my damndest to have my MC friendzone her because she was a shitty friend back then and ain't nobody got time for that. The fact that Alexis is the one who went to comfort MC when that dick made fun of him when he confessed his feelings (because Erynn made it into a joke) says it all, and now Erynn wants to be besties and act like she's just so in love with MC that he practically belongs to her? No thank you.

I'll take Alexis.

Was it dumb for her to keep that secret from MC? For sure. Definitely blew up in her face too lol. Was it kinda fucked up for her to get involved with MC knowing how Erynn feels? ... maybe? Idk. I'm torn on that one because it's been five years, Erynn pretty much rejected MC's advances in the past, and Alexis met him in a completely organic way. Like... it kinda just... happened. I think it would be different if Erynn and MC had actually had a romantic relationship in the past (because shit, to this day I'd feel some type of way about one of my friends pursuing my 'first love'/first serious boyfriend without us having several conversations about it... and maybe even still after that), but in this case, they were friends at best.

Anyway,
I'm team Alexis lol.

In other news... Can't wait to see the drama that'll unfold if the MC is romancing the sisters.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
I'm team Alexis all the way, but I think we must withhold judgement on Erynn until her perspective of the event has been shown. The exact nature of her relationship with Ethan is unclear but she would have been fully within her rights to reject MC's advances when she did. She was fifteen. MC was twelve. I don't know many fifteen year old girls who would ever consider dating a prepubescent twelve year old boy. She may have developed feelings for him later after having been treated wrongly by Ethan. Her feelings for MC aren't the problem. The fact that she feels entitled to his love is. Just how problematic this attitude is can be revealed simply by flipping the MC and Erynn's sexes.

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
Erynn pretty much rejected MC's advances in the past, and Alexis met him in a completely organic way
this is why i'm completely on Alexis' side on this, they both had feelings, Erynn had her shot now she has to deal with the consequences of what she did 5 years ago

But man do i love the drama, having girls fight over you/mc does feel so incredibly good

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
this is why i'm completely on Alexis' side on this, they both had feelings, Erynn had her shot now she has to deal with the consequences of what she did 5 years ago

But man do i love the drama, having girls fight over you/mc does feel so incredibly good
Yeah the thing is we don't know what happened from her point of view, good possibility the MC forgot some things here too, like in the flashback with Alexis.
Honestly i don't care all that much what happened 5 years back, they where all just kids back then, to hold a grudge about something like that is silly....well exept Ethan he was seemingly the same ass back than as he is now.

Agreed. I think, in a way, Alexis showed her feelings for MC before Erynn since Erynn was involved with that dick whatever his name is. Also, yeah... Erynn definitely has no claim to MC and I've been doing my damndest to have my MC friendzone her because she was a shitty friend back then and ain't nobody got time for that. The fact that Alexis is the one who went to comfort MC when that dick made fun of him when he confessed his feelings (because Erynn made it into a joke) says it all, and now Erynn wants to be besties and act like she's just so in love with MC that he practically belongs to her? No thank you.
Same as above we don't know what really happend, so i don't judging Erynn for that until we heard her side.
If Alexis had a crush on MC back than, possible who knows.
But i don't think she was in love/keept her crush for all the years since than, so i don't think that was the reason for her invite to the mile high club.
Also she leaves MC without saying anything, which at least for me means she didn't plan on seeing him again, bit strange if she really did because she liked him so much.

As for Erynn no she clearly has no claim on the MC.
Still it was a pretty shitty move from Alexis, if she was at least upfront about it, like 'hey Erynn i like him too, so may the better win' or something along the lines, it would be a lot better, so ot feels simple like a backstabing friend.

But hey i'm all team Nikki/Cara so i just like to sit back and watch how the drama unfolds, only to turn down both.

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
you make some good points

to me i doesn't seem like holding a grudge though, i view it more like she said to the MCs face, with Alexis next to them, that she wasn't interested. And then there are 5 years in between with no contact? i guess, i can't really remember if there was. Bit this kinda just cements the "no claim over mc" thing, nothing more than that

i do agree on Alexis' motivations though, the way you say it, it does seem like there is more to it or at least not just the crush on mc thing but you are correct on that they should've just talked about their feelings, imo but then again where would the drama be haha

also my favorite girl is still Layla so i just want to see where this goes lol

Reactions: brichouse

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
you make some good points

to me i doesn't seem like holding a grudge though, i view it more like she said to the MCs face, with Alexis next to them, that she wasn't interested. And then there are 5 years in between with no contact? i guess, i can't really remember if there was. Bit this kinda just cements the "no claim over mc" thing, nothing more than that

i do agree on Alexis' motivations though, the way you say it, it does seem like there is more to it or at least not just the crush on mc thing but you are correct on that they should've just talked about their feelings, imo but then again where would the drama be haha

also my favorite girl is still Layla so i just want to see where this goes lol
Ah with the grudge i mainly meant the players, there a quite a few which judge Erynn hard, just because of what happend back than, even if we don't have the full story so far.

Yeah we don't know why there was no contact for 5 years, i'm also very interested in the reason for that.
Erynn could have just asked his mom next door for the contact information...but it may just be the MC which ignored all calls.
I think we all do agree that Erynn has no claim, the more interesting part is, why she is so obsessed with the MC if they don't have seen each other for 5 years.

As for Alexis i'm excited about the scene when she will find out about Layla and the MC.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes