TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
sometimes I wish I could see Layla beyond a friend but she feels perfect as a friend to me. But she is such a great character has a good path to boot just a shame I can't see her as a LI. That's really the only reason I prefer Elena
I get that. She is a great friend (I also feel the same about Elena, mind).

LSC82

Engaged Member
Jul 27, 2020
So quick poll

Elena or Layla?

Id go Elena.
Layla for me, which is no diss on Elena who i find very cute and is fun on her own way.
Just have more fun with Layla's bubbly innocent personality.
And of course i want a threesome.

what if the person that emily claims isn't MC's father actually winds up being MC's father after all? lolz
That has occured to me(and others here).

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
sometimes I wish I could see Layla beyond a friend but she feels perfect as a friend to me. But she is such a great character has a good path to boot just a shame I can't see her as a LI. That's really the only reason I prefer Elena
I like her as an LI, yeah she is more on the innocent side of things, but I'd say she is one of the more believable LIs, more so than college girls and milfs or whatever.

Reactions: LSC82 and Dr.TSoni

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I like her as an LI, yeah she is more on the innocent side of things, but I'd say she is one of the more believable LIs, more so than college girls and milfs or whatever.
im a bit of hypocrite on this considering how common it is in other games. But I honestly didn't really like how obvious head over hells she was for the MC right away for some odd reason no idea why yet other LI / games no issue. But you are right it comes across more believable. Guessing I didn't like it cause I wasnt into her looks right away since I had no idea if I liked her or not either.

My first playthrough initially I actually didn't like her at first too cause of the whole classroom thing with giving the wrong answer if I recall correctly unless im confusing her for another game's LI. As cause of that at first thought she was gonna be that type of girl that pretends to be nice but is mean but I was so wrong on that one haha. She is nice as you can get

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
im a bit of hypocrite on this considering how common it is in other games. But I honestly didn't really like how obvious head over hells she was for the MC right away for some odd reason no idea why yet other LI / games no issue. But you are right it comes across more believable. Guessing I didn't like it cause I wasnt into her looks right away since I had no idea if I liked her or not either.

My first playthrough initially I actually didn't like her at first too cause of the whole classroom thing with giving the wrong answer if I recall correctly unless im confusing her for another game's LI. As cause of that at first thought she was gonna be that type of girl that pretends to be nice but is mean but I was so wrong on that one haha. She is nice as you can get
well the trope of girls falling left or right for the MC is common in most AVNs unfortunately, rarely do you have to work for it to happen. Intertwined is the same in that regard. That's why I like slow burn games, where the dev takes the time to build relationships in a meaningful way, not just "let's fuck in this airplane toilet" :ROFLMAO: Not saying I dislike Lexi, I think her route is quite okay, but it started off badly imo.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.TSoni and LSC82

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
well the trope of girls falling left or right for the MC is common in most AVNs unfortunately, rarely do you have to work for it to happen. Intertwined is the same in that regard. That's why I like slow burn games, where the dev takes the time to build relationships in a meaningful way, not just "let's fuck in this airplane toilet" :ROFLMAO: Not saying I dislike Lexi, I think her route is quite okay, but it started off badly imo.
wait wasn't Lexi planed to be a Side LI ? and then due to popularity changed into a Main LI ?

Reactions: Warscared

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
wait wasn't Lexi planed to be a Side LI ? and then due to popularity changed into a Main LI ?
I think she was, wasn't around at the time when the game started, but that's beside the point, mostly all girls you interact with in the game are rather quickly get into the MC... wish it would be like that irl, but it doesn't.

Reactions: MadisonFreeman

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
yeah I agree especially about Lexi honestly initially at first I didn't like Lexi because of the toilet sex and pretty much every other sex encounter was kind of easy . I typically do not like girls in these games that are easy that often but I do give them a chance to change my mind like how Lexi did. Back then I was playing as a manwhore till I decided who I liked. It wasn't until I want to say the whole " I dare you to be my girlfriend" scene on my 2nd playthrough when she became someone more meaningful to me than a quick fuck.

Reactions: Elduriel

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
I also like games where you develop relationships in a more realistic way, but that was feasible until 2021. Now, with VNs having chapters that take a year to be delivered, it's becoming impractical.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I also like games where you develop relationships in a more realistic way, but that was feasible until 2021. Now, with VNs having chapters that take a year to be delivered, it's becoming impractical.
the year thing is still mostly applies to the biggest titles though like BaDIK (or the milkers lol), your average AVN will at least have 3-4 updates a year

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024

Layla has that wholesome girl next door vibe going on, she's just too cute in her innocense. Alexis on the other hand is nice, but way too insecure and jealous.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Layla has that wholesome girl next door vibe going on, she's just too cute in her innocense. Alexis on the other hand is nice, but way too insecure and jealous.
well she got reasons to be somewhat jealous imo, there's Erynn, who she knows MC had a crush on, and also Iris being in the picture

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
what if the person that emily claims isn't MC's father actually winds up being MC's father after all? lolz
thats actually quite possible!
women projecting their child into the man they wished that had fathered it!
its not like a man can be 100% sure without his mother and grandmother evaluating
how much of a look a like the baby was to the father when he was a baby!

from all of my childhood friends babies i can imediatly identify who the father is
cause i have known them from when they where 2-4 years old!

actually it makes sense!
She needs a male to protect her from the creep Lucas!
he intervened and "saved" her from him!
actually if Erynn was a virgin it would be the same situation!
a dude being overbearing and forcing her, so she just jumps forward into the arms of the one who
1st can protect her and
2nd might as well be him before the overbearing asshole
either presses her enough or gets some shit on her "forcing her" into it!
3rd 80% chance the dude just quits after he discovers she is no longer the "freshest" flower! (clearly Ethan is an exception...)

Also the MC is new, he is sort of attractive, he seems competent judging by his sports ability!
he comes from a good family with a strong financial background
based on his mothers restaurant and his "father" being an executive in another town!
her mother and his mother know each other, he is sensitive cause he can play the guitar!

So yes Layla having been neglected by her sister her father who was always travelling and her mother who had 800 kids to mother over as a school director,
whose best friends when she was little were 2 dobbermann dogs if the MC gives her attention she is not mature enough to rationalise it and might fall easily in love!

totally believable, and even if you play the worst MC possible you´re still better then Zach Ethan Lucas or 95% of all the other dudes except for Dylan!
besides if her father is freaking ZO... wtf, no man can ever compare so she might as well just go for it, what is she going to do? be a virgin in college?

except in this AVN its believable,
he can play guitar, he is good at sports, he is sort of wealthy...
sort of attractive and has tattoes and is more mature then most for his age!
he drives a bike and is inside a bubble in highschool so his competition is... Zach...
for the college girls... if there is no previous attachment it wouldn´t make sense, in this case it does,
fuck even for Melissa... if she had no sex life due to raising a child for a few years and then bang a young stufd shows up...

the caracther is trully well built!
As for the Lexxi route, it wasn´t suposed to be a route so thats how it started!
but nyx came around and after 2 or 3 retcons such as Lexxi had checked him out 2 months prior at her cousin tattoe parlour,
which gave her enough time to flick the bean at the handsome stranger.... so physical attachment unlocked!
and he was her 1st kiss and Erynn´s "little brother!" so emotional attachment unlocked...
even her emotional instability plays well into it how she is overcome with joy cause she took a chance and it pays off!

mostly all girls you interact with in the game are rather quickly get into the MC... wish it would be like that irl, but it doesn't.
except it does, if they fancy you at least!
and the sex comes right after if they wish to lock you down,
except for social norms dictating otherwise women will use their trump card as fast as they can if you are "the one"!

even if social norms dictate otherwise, if there is competition they go all in!
thats why even Val path is realistic although it shows a lack of understanding on masculine psychology!
for women competition entices their libido, for most men its the opposite, i am one of the exceptions!
mainly cause my ex-wife and me dynamics was fucked up... so that left quite a few scars!
before we got "together" we where always playing these "games" which doomed us before we even started dating oficially!

• Hey there
Reactions: valbitterb

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
thats actually quite possible!
women projecting their child into the man they wished that had fathered it!
its not like a man can be 100% sure without his mother and grandmother evaluating
how much of a look a like the baby was to the father when he was a baby!

from all of my childhood friends babies i can imediatly identify who the father is
cause i have known them from when they where 2-4 years old!

actually it makes sense!
She needs a male to protect her from the creep Lucas!
he intervened and "saved" her from him!
actually if Erynn was a virgin it would be the same situation!
a dude being overbearing and forcing her, so she just jumps forward into the arms of the one who
1st can protect her and
2nd might as well be him before the overbearing asshole
either presses her enough or gets some shit on her "forcing her" into it!
3rd 80% chance the dude just quits after he discovers she is no longer the "freshest" flower! (clearly Ethan is an exception...)

Also the MC is new, he is sort of attractive, he seems competent judging by his sports ability!
he comes from a good family with a strong financial background
based on his mothers restaurant and his "father" being an executive in another town!
her mother and his mother know each other, he is sensitive cause he can play the guitar!

So yes Layla having been neglected by her sister her father who was always travelling and her mother who had 800 kids to mother over as a school director,
whose best friends when she was little were 2 dobbermann dogs if the MC gives her attention she is not mature enough to rationalise it and might fall easily in love!

totally believable, and even if you play the worst MC possible you´re still better then Zach Ethan Lucas or 95% of all the other dudes except for Dylan!
besides if her father is freaking ZO... wtf, no man can ever compare so she might as well just go for it, what is she going to do? be a virgin in college?

except in this AVN its believable,
he can play guitar, he is good at sports, he is sort of wealthy...
sort of attractive and has tattoes and is more mature then most for his age!
he drives a bike and is inside a bubble in highschool so his competition is... Zach...
for the college girls... if there is no previous attachment it wouldn´t make sense, in this case it does,
fuck even for Melissa... if she had no sex life due to raising a child for a few years and then bang a young stufd shows up...

the caracther is trully well built!
As for the Lexxi route, it wasn´t suposed to be a route so thats how it started!
but nyx came around and after 2 or 3 retcons such as Lexxi had checked him out 2 months prior at her cousin tattoe parlour,
which gave her enough time to flick the bean at the handsome stranger.... so physical attachment unlocked!
and he was her 1st kiss and Erynn´s "little brother!" so emotional attachment unlocked...
even her emotional instability plays well into it how she is overcome with joy cause she took a chance and it pays off!

except it does, if they fancy you at least!
and the sex comes right after if they wish to lock you down,
except for social norms dictating otherwise women will use their trump card as fast as they can if you are "the one"!

even if social norms dictate otherwise, if there is competition they go all in!
thats why even Val path is realistic although it shows a lack of understanding on masculine psychology!
for women competition entices their libido, for most men its the opposite, i am one of the exceptions!
mainly cause my ex-wife and me dynamics was fucked up... so that left quite a few scars!
before we got "together" we where always playing these "games" which doomed us before we even started dating oficially!
Indeed, we must also take into account the lack of good males in this world. There's Zach the pervert, the bar owner who's probably gay and is too old if he isn't, there's ethan the blackmailer, Ethan's dumb assed henchmen, tori's ex who can't keep it in his pants. It's no wonder that he has his pick of girls.

Reactions: Warscared

LSC82

Engaged Member
Jul 27, 2020
While Layla does have the "instantly smitten" curse, so does most of the cast... and most other AVNs for that matter.

And say what you will about this trope, it feels more natural for the young inexperienced girl to have the hots for the new guy in town, than for the older college girls(who aren't even first year college students).
I particularly love when she goes home after a date and yells by herself alone in her room.

It feels so wrong for the older chicks... that we needed extra factors to make it somewhat more believable, Erynn having grown up with him and being more than a little attached, Iris being the ex and Alexis with that stolen first kiss.

Alexis on the other hand is nice, but way too insecure and jealous.
I love to give her a reason for her insecurities...
Veeeery cheatable lol.
Agreed, the realities of development interferes with how much patience we have to see a relationship grow and blossom.

4.40 star(s) 284 Votes