Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Especially since it aint a harem game, just be nice to the girl you want and you wont need a walkthrough.
The problem with mods is, if wanting to see all content, they will not tell you the consequences of certain decisions, what changes etc. A PDF walkthrough should always tell you the difference in taking different courses of action. A mod just tells you what (usually) the author deems to be 'the best choice' which is not always actually what you may want (also highly subjective) if wanting to see all paths.

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
The problem with mods is, if wanting to see all content, they will not tell you the consequences of certain decisions, what changes etc. A PDF walkthrough should always tell you the difference in taking different courses of action. A mod just tells you what (usually) the author deems to be 'the best choice' which is not always actually what you may want (also highly subjective) if wanting to see all paths.

With mods? Sure, you are correct.

The thing is, you dont need a walkthrough for this game. Anyone downloading it might save like 5 minutes.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020

The thing is, you dont need a walkthrough for this game. Anyone downloading it might save like 5 minutes.
Do you just like arguing for the sake of it?

If you want to see a specific path...then they are extremely useful. As evidenced with how many people recently have had trouble triggering certain scenes ;)

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019

Do you just like arguing for the sake of it?

If you want to see a specific path...then they are extremely useful. As evidenced with how many people recently have had trouble triggering certain scenes ;)
you didn't write that just to promote your own walkthrough, did you? ;) :p

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Mods basically highlights plus points with every girl, the thing is in a game like this trying to make it with every girl in one playthrough might not be advisable.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
Never played this with the mod never found a use for it if the game was a lot further along in development and had things that were massively critical I might but even then I would enjoy playing it naked first (no mods not something else pervs j/p =oP).

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Never played this with the mod never found a use for it if the game was a lot further along in development and had things that were massively critical I might but even then I would enjoy playing it naked first (no mods not something else pervs j/p =oP).
Hey..you play how...and in whatever you want..no judgement around here ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Plaguerave

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Even walkthroughs can lead one astray. The walkthrough for Long Live the Princess gave instructions on how to convince a character to agree to a decision. The problem was that this might have been the easiest way to accomplish it, there are problematic repercussions later in the story, making it the easiest, but not the best.

Reactions: Maviarab

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MOds usually come from tech savvy wonderful contributors and / or avid gamers.
MOst often than not, avid gamers do extensive playthroughs and come up with a wt / mod
as a crowning result for their gaming effort to have fun in the game.

Once players present their mods, gamers too bored or led astray by the story / options,
but still interested in the game, can check out a winning run, see if they like it.

Just like candy with a dip. Not everybody should or has to dip, but you can try and see if you like it.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Some mod act like a walkthrough just giving the player pointers about the effect of the choices and occasionally what will be the repercussion in the future so these mods are mostly risk free to use as they don't impact the story. The mods that allow you to see all scenes and edit the script are more likely to screw up the game and storyline and are not advisable if for game like intertwined if you want to just follow the story and the results of your choices.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Some mod act like a walkthrough just giving the player pointers about the effect of the choices and occasionally what will be the repercussion in the future so these mods are mostly risk free to use as they don't impact the story.
[...]
That kind of walkthrough is the most viable in my opinion. The problem here is, if there are many diffrent variables it can get really fast really messy if the player not knows whats the meaning behind the flaggs is. A good example is the Walkthrough from Shadows over Manston. Even with the pdf walkthrough its a pain in the ass to get the path/scenes you want.

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
I did a playthrough where I had nothing to do with Alexis. Which was very hard for me to do! (Best girl as of now for me) Anyway at the scene where Erynn uses your phone and goes to the bathroom. Then storms out all pissed off. That's where it ends. What the hell could she be piss off about? There is no pics of Alexis or anything in this playthrough.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LSC82
4.40 star(s) 268 Votes