TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
Game should have been called "Karma is a bitch". Like holy shit dude, that's some telenovela level x10 :KEK:

Reactions: Yugan
Dec 29, 2018
I didn't like that dream sequence because I couldn't tell where it started. They were having a normal conversation, she goes to get a couple of beers, and they just start to fool around before we get an abrupt cut to Melissa suddenly waking up in bed. It's extremely jarring. She then thinks to herself "It was a dream, right?" which just adds to my confusion. Shouldn't she know what happened or not? Shouldn't she let us (the audience) know what was and was not real? Did she tell us we look like our father? Did we drink that beer? Did we tell her she was beautiful? What actually happened? I honestly couldn't tell. I'm assuming everything up to the kiss happened, but there's nothing in the game to confirm that.

Well, nothing unless you go digging through the files to look for variables. Which is what I did to try and make sense of that scene. You gain a couple of relationship points with Melissa if you tell her that she was beautiful, so that seems to be real. No clue if we actually got that beer though. Also, it's a real dick move to pull that bait and switch bullshit on Melissa's fans. I should be excited that Melissa has shown attraction to the MC, but instead I just feel like I'm being taunted here.
It was a very strange choice for a dream sequence. Usually someone will go to bed, wake up to something unbelievable happening, then wake up for real. It gives the audience a clear understand of what is and isn't real, and they have a reason to suspect it isn't real while it happens. I don't know why this method was chosen instead.

And the new haircut looks ridiculous.

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Couldn't better put myself. Andres 3 - Santiago 2.
Andres for sure. With all the faults he may have he was there for the mc since ever, he is mc real father not santi because isn't the one that made you but the one that raised and cared for you

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
The question is how much did he know.
It seems suspicious that he finds out he is a father, doesn't seem happy about it, and says that he will handle it before walking away. His parents then show up with money.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No I agree with you. It just seemed to me like he had no clue. Unless he is so self-centered to think that what he did was right and had no idea why Emily was so pissed off (which could be the case as well). But right now, I feel like he told his parents and perhaps asked if maybe they could help. But didn't know they would go to those lengths. All of this is speculation. So who knows? We'll have to wait and see what he says if he and the MC reunite.

Reactions: DA22

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Edit: @bosp if I am right the confession plays about two years after the divorce and Emily had gotten back to her feet with the help from Melissa. By the way I suspect Melissa would also have had enough influence on MC to get him to talk to Erryn in her presence (even if he likely would have been morose, unresponsive and rather not there at the start) and it is just plot armor why that did not happen. :p But even with a troubled mom, one week is a very short time for someone in puberty to be allowed to misbehave before being sent packing unless something else is going on.
Too many unknowns to form a definite opinion but I tend to agree with you on this still...
I would say we are dealing with licentia poetica (artistic license) here or as you put it - plot armor.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
This game is AWESOME, heartbreaking but awesome. I started playing it about 15hrs ago and damn I'm hooked. I am soooo glad I found this site.
Yeah it is a great game, but also a game that can make you wonder a lot about all the characters involved, both from a more positive aspect as a more negative one, except for Ethan. He belongs in a bodybag even if he is shown by Nyx to be totally reformed now and a living saint in fact in update 0.7. :p

• Haha
Reactions: LSC82

Sngo

May 9, 2020
if he is shown by Nyx to be totally reformed now and a living saint in fact in update 0.7. :p
If that saves/clean some girl face maybe he will, after the time line being changed to try to clean a bit erynn face after all the backfire it gave but now the same time line is biting emily in the ass.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
My one disappointment from this update is during the confrontation with Erynn. It's good that we've answered the question about what happened when MC confessed to her in the past, but it felt really weird that they didn't continue on to talk about Ethan. It would make more sense for MC to say something like "OK, now that we've cleared the misunderstanding about my confession, can we talk about Ethan?" especially because Erynn chased MC out of the cafe to explain about it to begin with. It didn't flow well for MC to suddenly just "OK we'll stop talking now, I have to go" only to talk to mom, and then potentially going out of town for the weekends which means postponing the discussion about Ethan for multiple days for no reason.

It feels like the two topics (confession and Ethan) are purposely separated just so that the explanation about Ethan could be pushed to the next update.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
If that saves/clean some girl face maybe he will, after the time line being changed to try to clean a bit erynn face after all the backfire it gave but now the same time line is biting emily in the ass.
Possibly, maybe Nyx will be able to give it a positive spin, without any of the negative factors I mentioned coming into play and yeah neither of the parents not asking what happened and asking longer and deeper questions after someones behavior totally changes from normal behavior and then getting those two kids together whether they wanted to or not is likely plot armor, since you else would lose a major storyline.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Wow... Another one. Assumptions...
First congrats NyxValeria! A sign of a successful writing is having dozens of people arguing over it and making theories even outlandish wild ones that makes the author think how the hell did they come up with that? That means your writing and plot setting was good enough and interesting to keep everyone speculating and making wild guesses.

Now to my own wild speculation :
Erryn as a character is essentially selfish. That is the most logical explanation for her behavior in my view. She wants best of both worlds, MC and Ethan. "Blackmail" cannot explains. 5 years blackmail? What does he have on Erryn, some nudes? Nudes are nothing, and she is a pro model so it does not matter if they get leaked and besides she can sue his ass off and land him in jail. Eryyn is just doing mental gymnastics to justify her actions. I also think Emily was an irresponsible mother, getting rid of her kid just because he had one bad week (in the edited version) and sending him to his dad and then complaining why he was away so long. Most of the main characters in this game are liars and are keeping secrets, which is extremely distasteful.

Reactions: timpo

Arnaud

May 13, 2017
NyxValeria I don't know if you can change the tags but if you do, you should add "animated"! many people search for that tag when looking for a game to play (like me) xd

Reactions: dedemaru

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Possibly, maybe Nyx will be able to give it a positive spin, without any of the negative factors I mentioned coming into play and yeah neither of the parents not asking what happened and asking longer and deeper questions after someones behavior totally changes from normal behavior and then getting those two kids together whether they wanted to or not is likely plot armor, since you else would lose a major storyline.
Let's wait a see what will come but Erynn and Emily are looking far beyond good or reasonable in my eyes.

First version was months before he leave so that backfire why she didn't approach made contact with him or tryed harder but right now was a week or a couple weeks but that still gives a opportunity to get to him if she really wanted.
See maintained contact with ethan and even had go to prom with him even after all happened that's not a good bff.

Emily to me doesn't matter he if it is months or a week because a parent shouldn't give up on their kids. When mc catches emily and melissa and he was saying dad this dad that in her inner toughs she was saying "dont call him that" what should mc call him then? He raised mc, he took mc when she throws him away because he was being "rebellious" he endured that fase and help him surpass it, sorry but not sorry but andres was more parent than emily and if she says don't call him that then why she throw mc to andres if he isn't that in her eyes, because would take an headache away from her and was convenient.

If the kids are mine I would never give up on them no matter what, if you are woman/man to make them then you need to be it to take care of them too in the hard and easy times.

This is just my thoughts and way of seeing things

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
My one disappointment from this update is during the confrontation with Erynn. It's good that we've answered the question about what happened when MC confessed to her in the past, but it felt really weird that they didn't continue on to talk about Ethan. It would make more sense for MC to say something like "OK, now that we've cleared the misunderstanding about my confession, can we talk about Ethan?" especially because Erynn chased MC out of the cafe to explain about it to begin with. It didn't flow well for MC to suddenly just "OK we'll stop talking now, I have to go" only to talk to mom, and then potentially going out of town for the weekends which means postponing the discussion about Ethan for multiple days for no reason.

It feels like the two topics (confession and Ethan) are purposely separated just so that the explanation about Ethan could be pushed to the next update.
Yeah, I also expected we will finally have some closure/revelation about that shit but considering the amount of new drama in this update I suspect Nyx just used this as a cliffhanger for the next update.

Nothing wrong with it, just slightly nervewracking. :)

Edit: Balancing several paths with LIs is a biatch and trying to get the right amount of content that plays well together is mighty tough.

I dread the moment of final "He is the love of my life!" Erryn vs Alexis (and maybe Layla) confrontation is bound to happen at some point but still curious to see how will Nyx play that out. :)

Last edited:

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
Lot of "alexy end not defined" ignorable errors. Annoying

Last edited:

gnr4lyfe

Jan 23, 2018
After playing the update last night, i have to say this might be my favorite game. I love all the drama and can't wait to see where it goes. I figure my main path is an Alexis path (best girl to me), starting a Layla one now, and will probably do an Erynn one too. Can't say I have done that with too many games, so amazing work Nyx.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes