Charles Carmichael

Sep 12, 2020
Well, maybe she would have told him earlier if he'd bothered to talk to her or visit? According to his "intro" story (as told to Alexis) he was hardly son of the year material because he only talked to her on his birthday, never returned to her house for holidays, etc.

Most people prefer to tell important information like "I'm bi, cheated on your dad with your "aunt" Melissa, and now we are in a relationship" to people face to face.
I don't disagree with you (hence the fractured relationship comment) and still think it's the most likely route that path will take i just can't ignore the itch that there's something more there :LOL:

Andres is involved somehow because Emily says "I promised not to say" when talking about the secret to Melissa. That suggests either Andres had a deep embarrassment about the situation if it is the Emily/Melissa route or something else is going on.

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
Oh definitely, thing is that we all find excuses to not share information or communicate when what we are sharing casts us in a negative light. Not saying that is where this is going, but if it is, I find it rather refreshing that she is behaving in such a realistic manner.

If anything I feel like the situation at his dad's house wasn't as bad as it could have been. I really expected a scene of Haley or Dad finding the two of them together in bed and the MC getting tossed out of the house - either in a more "understanding" manner (Haley) where she sympathizes but says that it shouldn't happen (for whatever reason) or a more stern "get the fuck out of my house before you ruin this for me" manner where Dad tosses him out. The mutually agreed upon break up was too mild in my mind (though if later Nikki or Cara shows up preggers then I guess I will get the drama I was expecting).

I think at the end of this all of the characters will be in need of therapy or maybe I just fear that eventuality. ;)

There's no explanation as to why the MC thought his dad was a cheater. Perhaps he just assumed that was what happened since he didn't know the real reason?

I find this game fascinating in terms of all of the possible ways that Nyx can introduce drama. I just hope at the end I still like people, hate to get through all of the drama and find myself disliking everyone including the MC.
I thought that Nikki/Cara and the MC were going to get caught too. Given the option to get punched by dad I think it would have been good if dad had been the one to catch them so that in all 3 scenarios there is a breakdown of the relationship with dad but who knows where the story is going.

I think we're already at the point where everyone could benefit from therapy but not getting help is pretty realistic too.

I am very interested in seeing if it was just an assumption by the MC or if there is more there.

Fingers crossed.

Please!!! give me madness, chaos and despair.
Can I get the first 2 and skip over despair?

Reactions: Ayhsel

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Please!!! give me madness, chaos and despair.
Well I doubt it will go that far based on what we've seen in the game to this point. But you may get frustration, mildly inconvenient disorder, and momentary sadness.

I don't disagree with you (hence the fractured relationship comment) and still think it's the most likely route that path will take i just can't ignore the itch that theirs something more there :LOL:

Andres is involved somehow because Emily says "I promised not to say" when talking about the secret to Melissa. That suggests either Andres had a deep embarrassment about the situation if it is the Emily/Melissa route or something else is going on.
Did she reference Andres or did she just say "I promised not to say" as in there could be an unnamed person that she promised? What if it was a mutual cheating situation... Andres cheated and then Emily sought comfort from Melissa? One thing lead to the other... Perhaps Emily and Melissa experimented in college, called it quits when Emily married Andres, and then when he cheated they got back together.

I thought that Nikki/Cara and the MC were going to get caught too. Given the option to get punched by dad I think it would have been good if dad had been the one to catch them so that in all 3 scenarios there is a breakdown of the relationship with dad but who knows where the story is going.

I think we're already at the point where everyone could benefit from therapy but not getting help is pretty realistic too.

I am very interested in seeing if it was just an assumption by the MC or if there is more there.

Fingers crossed.

Can I get the first 2 and skip over despair?
I really expected to see the dad find them, start yelling, and then hit the MC. It would effectively cut the MC off from being able to go back to his dad's house and thus make living with his mom the only option.

And honestly I think everyone should pay attention to their mental health just like their physical health. Emily should have been in therapy already considering her way of dealing with her breakup was to drink, cry, and (possibly) have sex with her best friend. Not that the last one is a bad idea just best to make those decisions when she wasn't feeling fragile.

Here's a weird idea... What if, after the bombshell of who Alexis is, Erynn is the one comforting the MC and pushing him to forgive Alexis (due to how much Alexis obviously likes him, how crushed she is, and the fact that the MC is also crushed). And the way the MC responds is what determines whether he and Erynn go on to try for a relationship?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: wittnotyoyo

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
I really expected to see the dad find them, start yelling, and then hit the MC. It would effectively cut the MC off from being able to go back to his dad's house and thus make living with his mom the only option.

And honestly I think everyone should pay attention to their mental health just like their physical health. Emily should have been in therapy already considering her way of dealing with her breakup was to drink, cry, and (possibly) have sex with her best friend. Not that the last one is a bad idea just best to make those decisions when she wasn't feeling fragile.

Here's a weird idea... What if, after the bombshell of who Alexis is, Erynn is the one comforting the MC and pushing him to forgive Alexis (due to how much Alexis obviously likes him, how crushed she is, and the fact that the MC is also crushed). And the way the MC responds is what determines whether he and Erynn go on to try for a relationship?
I'm with you 100% on the dad thing.

Agreed, it seems like Emily also threw herself into work as part of her coping which didn't help her relationship with the MC.

It depends on what the bombshell is but right now I would have a very easy time picking Alexis over Erynn.

Given what we have seen of Erynn's behavior and thoughts I can't imagine her trying to push the MC and Alexis together. If the MC goes home with Layla and co rather than going home with Erynn she flips out. If you go back to her apartment she has the mini breakdown. Either way she storms into the MC's bedroom the next day acting entitled to pick up a relationship that has been dead for 5 years right where she thinks they left off. Then she starts hanging out at Melissa's house to see the MC when it sounds like they Erynn and Melissa are pretty estranged.

I can't really be fair though since I do not like Erynn based on how she has been presented so far.

Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Well I doubt it will go that far based on what we've seen in the game to this point. But you may get frustration, mildly inconvenient disorder, and momentary sadness.

Did she reference Andres or did she just say "I promised not to say" as in there could be an unnamed person that she promised? What if it was a mutual cheating situation... Andres cheated and then Emily sought comfort from Melissa? One thing lead to the other... Perhaps Emily and Melissa experimented in college, called it quits when Emily married Andres, and then when he cheated they got back together.

Guys, I think I've figured it all out.. Listen to this theory:
So the dad.. Man I really hate that I can't join these conversations and theorize all kinds of stuff.. At least I can read what others think about it. I guess that's something. *Sigh*

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'm with you 100% on the dad thing.

Agreed, it seems like Emily also threw herself into work as part of her coping which didn't help her relationship with the MC.

It depends on what the bombshell is but right now I would have a very easy time picking Alexis over Erynn.

Given what we have seen of Erynn's behavior and thoughts I can't imagine her trying to push the MC and Alexis together. If the MC goes home with Layla and co rather than going home with Erynn she flips out. If you go back to her apartment she has the mini breakdown. Either way she storms into the MC's bedroom the next day acting entitled to pick up a relationship that has been dead for 5 years right where she thinks they left off. Then she starts hanging out at Melissa's house to see the MC when it sounds like they Erynn and Melissa are pretty estranged.

I can't really be fair though since I do not like Erynn based on how she has been presented so far.
I don't know. I am willing to give Erynn a break for her behavior so far.

When the MC chooses to go home with Layla she had just randomly met her former childhood friend at a night club and he snubbed her. Not only was she rejected by someone she has missed for 5 years (since she didn't know why he left) but he is an attractive man now, so her mental image of her friend changes drastically.

If the MC does go with her she then allows herself to speculate what her life would have been like if he'd never left. All of the pain and suffering she may have gone through while he was gone could have been less if she'd had him there to share it with (of course this is all speculation).

Then she tries to resume the same relationship she obviously missed for the last five years by barging into the MC's house. Emily even makes note of it at the end of the episode.

I can't blame Erynn for missing the MC, since she doesn't have a clue as to why he left, and wanting to try to recapture the "magic" of their childhood friendship. She must be nostalgic about that time in her life (as some people are about their childhood).

What that does make me wonder is what has happened in Erynn's life since then. Why does she feel so bad about her life that she is so eager to return to being the MC's friend? What happened that makes her feel like he would have helped her by just being there?

I like Erynn but as a friend. So my MC is going to friendzone her. Unless Alexis tells us something really really bad or something/someone else happens.

So the dad.. Man I really hate that I can't join these conversations and theorize all kinds of stuff.. At least I can read what others think about it. I guess that's something. *Sigh*
That's a fascinating theory about the Dad but how did he find the holy hand grenade of Antioch and only blow off his genitals in the subsequent explosion? It's very sweet of Haley to marry a genital-less older man.

Thank you for not spoiling things for us crazy tin foil hat wearing folks. Oh and for creating a game where I like almost every character.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
NyxValeria Please don't take this wrong as I am only suggesting it cause I like what you have here. If you don't like it please disregard this. Is there any chance to change the way it appears when mom and dad are talking. They are characters by themselves, so I don't see the point of stressing the relationship to MC when they talk.

Instead of writing "(Mom) Emily" when she is talking I would just say "Emily". She is her own character before being MC's mom. I have seen it on other games too, where they would put "mom" when she is talking and I also think that her name is what it should be written, no the relationship.
I do understand that there are sometimes in which those things are important, for plot reasons, as if a character is possesed or things like that, playing with those name tags can create a nice effect, but if there is such a reason here, it is very well hidden.

Again, just making a suggestion that I think will improve it. No need to follow through if you think it bad advise.

I might be a supervillain but I am realistic, I'll take what I can get.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Charles Carmichael

Sep 12, 2020
Yeah just a generalized "I promised i wouldn't say" will certainly be a twist if it's another character not yet introduced or it could even just have been a promise to herself to not tell him. Of those we know involved in the secret so far it's certainly not Melissa who seems fine with the MC knowing.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Yeah just a generalized "I promised i wouldn't say" will certainly be a twist if it's another character not yet introduced or it could even just have been a promise to herself to not tell him. Of those we know involved in the secret so far it's certainly not Melissa who seems fine with the MC knowing.
Melissa is the best girl in the game.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
NyxValeria Please don't take this wrong as I am only suggesting it cause I like what you have here. If you don't like it please disregard this. Is there any chance to change the way it appears when mom and dad are talking. They are characters by themselves, so I don't see the point of stressing the relationship to MC when they talk.

Instead of writing "(Mom) Emily" when she is talking I would just say "Emily". She is her own character before being MC's mom. I have seen it on other games too, where they would put "mom" when she is talking and I also think that her name is what it should be written, no the relationship.
I do understand that there are sometimes in which those things are important, for plot reasons, as if a character is possesed or things like that, playing with those name tags can create a nice effect, but if there is such a reason here, it is very well hidden.

Again, just making a suggestion that I think will improve it. No need to follow through if you think it bad advise.
I'd second this one. And offer the suggestion that Nyx create a character bios screen. Especially as we get deeper into the drama and twists of who everyone is to each other.

I might be a supervillain but I am realistic, I'll take what I can get.
(y)

Hey Chuck!

I need to play through it again so I will check it then. I want to ensure I caught all the typos and didn't add any of my own.

Kayleigh

Jun 10, 2017
If the MC does go with her she then allows herself to speculate what her life would have been like if he'd never left. All of the pain and suffering she may have gone through while he was gone could have been less if she'd had him there to share it with (of course this is all speculation).
Don't forget the fact that Eryn said that MC still need to hear her answer to his confession.
So i still want to hear Eryn's side of the story so we get the full picture, maybe MC interpreted her reply the wrong way and just assumed she made fun of him.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Don't forget the fact that Eryn said that MC still need to hear her answer to his confession.
So i still want to hear Eryn's side of the story so we get the full picture, maybe MC interpreted her reply the wrong way and just assumed she made fun of him.
Or maybe, in the heat of the moment, with Alexis and Ethan standing there she was unable to respond the way she wanted to all along. I could easily see a scenario where the MC confesses his love, she doesn't say anything and then turns and tells Alexis and Ethan. Before she can respond Ethan instigates teasing/name calling the MC (perhaps Alexis follows along) and the MC flees their teasing (and then leaves altogether).

We only have the MC's view of it so far. An obviously biased perspective. I don't want to have multiple protagonists but I would like to hear Erynn's version and Alexis's version (if that girl was her). Perhaps he misunderstood, what if they were trying for gentle teasing and "letting him down gently" when Ethan (in a fit of jealousy) made it mean spirited.

Perhaps the MC doesn't remember important details that we've purposefully not been told so as to heighten the suspense and drama...

All I know is that the drama box is about to be opened and I am worried the lid won't fit back on the box afterwards.

Reactions: Kayleigh

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
About the mom's secret you've been discussing before, when Emily then asks Melissa about her and her daughter, does she mean the same secret or is it something else? Because if it's about the same thing, Melissa's answer doesn't make me suspect that the secret is about something sexual happened between them. I mean it's possible that something may have happened between them and it's still going on, but the way Melissa says it... I don't know, I don't get the feeling that the secret is that.

"I told her what I know. Of course she has lots of questions, questions I don't have the answers to". As I said before, I don't know if this is about the same secret that Emily keeps from MC, since I am not a native speaker and perhaps I got confused when I interpreted it, but to say "I told Erynn what I know" or "questions I don't have the answers to" doesn't make sense to me as an explanation for the fact that the secret would be a possible relationship between Emily and Melissa, or that this relationship was the cause of the divorce of the MC's parents or other theories that I have read here.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
About that "secret" maybe it is too simplistic, but I assumed MC's and Erynn were siblings, from the same father. Was I being to single minded?

Have I been watching too many afternoon soup operas? Is one of the main characters going to become blind, lose her memory or become paraplegic and magically become better when plot is getting dense? Sorry I digress..

But seriously, is what I assumed to simple to be true?

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
About that "secret" maybe it is too simplistic, but I assumed MC's and Erynn were siblings, from the same father. Was I being to single minded?

Have I been watching too many afternoon soup operas? Is one of the main characters going to become blind, lose her memory or become paraplegic and magically become better when plot is getting dense? Sorry I digress..

But seriously, is what I assumed to simple to be true?
MC and Erynn being half-siblings on Erynn's father's side, which caused Andres to abandon Emily and MC after discovering it? I would like that plot twist, but I don't think it would be so shocking as to make Emily afraid that MC would leave again if he found out the truth. Well, knowing his past reactions maybe he would or he would think it xD but now he's not 12 anymore.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
MC and Erynn being half-siblings on Erynn's father's side, which caused Andres to abandon Emily and MC after discovering it? I would like that plot twist, but I don't think it would be so shocking as to make Emily afraid that MC would leave again if he found out the truth. Well, knowing his past reactions maybe he would or he would think it xD but now he's not 12 anymore.
Ohh the thing is I have detached the reason they separated from the secret. I thought they have separated just cause you know, life happens. As simple as that.
Under the assumption that they separated because of the secret then what I claimed makes no sense, cause Emily and the neighbor (dont remember her name) are friends, so what would they fight over that?
But honestly, I might need to re read the introduction, cause I don't remember a lot of details.

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Ohh the thing is I have detached the reason they separated from the secret. I thought they have separated just cause you know, life happens. As simple as that.
Under the assumption that they separated because of the secret then what I claimed makes no sense, cause Emily and the neighbor (dont remember her name) are friends, so what would they fight over that?
But honestly, I might need to re read the introduction, cause I don't remember a lot of details.
The divorce "came out of nowhere" according to MC in the intro, and to this day he still doesn't know why they divorced and Andres left them. That's why I said that your theory could fit, it would be a logical reason to make Andres left them. And about Emily and Melissa's friendship, maybe Melissa was no longer with Erynn's father and the "drama" between them was not a big deal or even existed (in fact, the intro only talks about Melissa and Erynn, her father never appears, although well this could mean so much that the father wasn't with them or that Nyx was simply lazy to mention him in the story :ROFLMAO:).

4.40 star(s) 268 Votes