Kata

Feb 17, 2017
herm i think the term you are looking for is Hispanic, and even that is misleading since it also includes Portuguese and Brazilian names!
Latin means all romance languages and the way you use it means you are disaparaging the Italians the Romanians and French (the most important ones, although i think there are other languages that may or may not be considered latin languages)!
actually it took me to Alice in Chains... somehow i think these dudes are all singing about the same person... Alice Cooper!
Hispanic does not usually include Portugal (or Brazil).

Hispanic is a term has etymological roots meaning related to Hispania, also known as the Iberian Peninsula (then a Roman province), which would include modern day Portugal. However, nowadays, in contemporary English, it's a term specifically related to the modern nation state of Spain and the Spanish-speaking world, which does not include Brazil, Portugal, or other states in South and Central America who do not speak Spanish (e.g. Suriname or French Guiana).

Latino/Latina (and the abominable gender-neutral/nonbinary term "Latinx" that has started to crop up despite it being utterly unpronounceable in Spanish) is a geographic term encompassing the nations in South and Central America. It does include Brazil despite Brazil not being Hispanic.

Broadly speaking, Hispanic is a linguistic category and Latino is a geographic one. Thus it's fair to say Gabi and Valeria are Hispanic names, because they're names that are most frequently associated with the Spanish-speaking world.

"Latin" as you describe is very rarely used. Latin is usually used to refer to as the official the language of Ancient Rome, or as an adjective, most commonly modifying America (Latin America) to refer to the region of the Americas where languages that derive from Latin are spoken (predominantly Spanish and Portuguese, but also French such as in French Guiana or Haiti). Usually, when you're referring to the collection of languages that derive from Latin (French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, etc), you call them the Romance Languages (i.e. languages deriving from Ancient Rome).

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
He was dumb enough to get played/fooled once...
He may well be the trigger here, Ethan encouraging him to get one back on the MC and get handsy with Erynn.

At this point it should be her, if the reason why she isn't picking up her phone is something silly and the girl behind the dumpster is just a rando (despite using even shoes that match what Erynn usually wears), it will be a stupid misdirection.
Like my friend here described in this "quote" bonanza...

Yes, i don't want her dead, written out in a coma... but a silly reason for her not picking up the phone would be stupid at this point.
The situation as portrayed is horrible, MC is calling she doesn't pick up her phone and apparently a phone rings just as you pass that dumpster that happens to have a girl in expensive shoes knocked out behind it.

So yeah, i don't want her dead, i hope she's back home by the end of the episode.
But i don't want tricks or the situation undersold honestly.

It's real, he showed the MC the whole thing.
Zach was handsy(And Jealous of MC) with Erynn, kissing on her at the school and in front Valery even.

Look at Erynn's calves/lower legs in the pictures.

Their the same on the girl stuffed in the trash-bag on the right side of the trash-bin, with the phone going off.

Reactions: LSC82

shadow cobra

Mar 26, 2020
Hispanic does not usually include Portugal (or Brazil).

Hispanic is a term has etymological roots meaning related to Hispania, also known as the Iberian Peninsula (then a Roman province), which would include modern day Portugal. However, nowadays, in contemporary English, it's a term specifically related to the modern nation state of Spain and the Spanish-speaking world, which does not include Brazil, Portugal, or other states in South and Central America who do not speak Spanish (e.g. Suriname or French Guiana).

Latino/Latina (and the abominable gender-neutral/nonbinary term "Latinx" that has started to crop up despite it being utterly unpronounceable in Spanish) is a geographic term encompassing the nations in South and Central America. It does include Brazil despite Brazil not being Hispanic.

Broadly speaking, Hispanic is a linguistic category and Latino is a geographic one. Thus it's fair to say Gabi and Valeria are Hispanic names, because they're names that are most frequently associated with the Spanish-speaking world.

"Latin" as you describe is very rarely used. Latin is usually used to refer to as the official the language of Ancient Rome, or as an adjective, most commonly modifying America (Latin America) to refer to the region of the Americas where languages that derive from Latin are spoken (predominantly Spanish and Portuguese, but also French such as in French Guiana or Haiti). Usually, when you're referring to the collection of languages that derive from Latin (French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, etc), you call them the Romance Languages (i.e. languages deriving from Ancient Rome).
Amazing comment btw, you got everything right I noticed in their comment that they messed up the Portugal and Brazil stuff but decided not to comment since going into it would take some time that I didn't want to lose, but for this comment, I have time.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just finished chapter 9. I guess Zach's char was always meant to be the jealous dude rather than a legit friend like Nathan. I can see things from his POV, as stupid as it is. He is incredibly stupid and socially inept. The friendship does start out normally, but all of Zach's failures pile up and he misplaces the blame on to the MC because of his natural charm (MC magic) that attracts women.

The fucked up thing about Zach is that there is not even a Zach_Points check to determine how he responds to Ethan's bullshit. That means the MC could take Zach's side every time and max his points to the detriment of like 5 LI's progression, and he will STILL punch the MC and possibly do rapey shit.

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
Maybe I'm wrong but the more I look at this picture (while zoomed in at 220% ;)) the more I think the girl in here isn't lying down but sitting "crooked"?
You should even be able to see some of the head sticking out just above the dumpster, me thinks.

Your thoughts?

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
Maybe I'm wrong but the more I look at this picture (while zoomed in at 220% ;)) the more I think the girl in here isn't lying down but sitting "crooked"?
You should even be able to see some of the head sticking out just above the dumpster, me thinks.

Your thoughts?
So I can not see her head on the image. Judging by the angle her legs have, I would say that she is lying down, sitting would hardly be possible.

• Angry
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
So I can not see her head on the image. Judging by the angle her legs have, I would say that she is lying down, sitting would hardly be possible.
and on the righthand side of the dumpster, isn't that her robe that sticks abit out? I circled it in red

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020

Your thoughts?
I can't see a head, maybe it's the black material of the plastic bags, there's a very small knot sticking past the dumpster.
As much as i love to over analyze shit, i belive it's normal to cut some corners in a render such as this where a girl is suppoused to be mostly obscured.

I think ultimately the message being conveyed remains the same, girl(with expensive high heels) passed out with trash dumped over her.

and on the righthand side of the dumpster, isn't that her robe that sticks abit out? I circled it in red
That's a shadow i think.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021

Your thoughts?
She's on her side, looks more pointed to the ground.
Look at the scale of length proportionate to that right side of the dumpster and gauge by the wall(same wall).
Same Shoes... Same Lower Legs.... it's her 09_1371.jpg
07_501.jpg 07_493a.jpg

Reactions: RolandG. and LSC82

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
That seems to be a trashbag for me. And the more I see it, the more disturbing it gets (no matter who is lying there) as she has trash put on her... because there seems to be a trashbag between/on her legs. So seems to me like she was "buried" there.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
That seems to be a trashbag for me. And the more I see it, the more disturbing it gets (no matter who is lying there) as she has trash put on her... because there seems to be a trashbag between/on her legs. So seems to me like she was "buried" there.
Whom ever did it, tried to bury her there in it.

Reactions: Shouki

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
yes I see what you mean, but I rather think it's some shadows, trash bags or similar.
But the person is definitely lying on the ground because of the position of her legs.
I'd rather think it didn't happen but, when i look at the pictures blow up/resized, change out colors, it's more blatant.

Reactions: LSC82

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
I'd rather think it didn't happen but, when i look at the pictures blow up/resized, change out colors, it's more blatant.
Yup, I hope the story does not take that kind of turn, as while there was quite a lot of drama (with the moving, Ethan, step-dad, etc) this would escalate everything. And it could go into the gangster/mafia kind of stuff, which I personally do not like that much, especially if it is abrupt.

4.40 star(s) 273 Votes