CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
I would be more willing to attack Lexi's character if every character wasn't written in this horrible, immature way. At this point it's largely a writing issue rather than a character issue. Almost all of the characters are problematic in their own way.

Erynn is allegedly totally in love with someone from 5 years ago, when her memories of him were as a prepubescent boy. She apparently feels like she still has ownership over him (big red flags), and gets mad when he, a single dude who has his own agency, sleeps with Alexis, a single girl who has her own agency. She has no real right to feel upset about it, and even if she wants to throw her hat in the ring, the MC deserves to make his own choice over who he wants to pursue romantically instead of her just snapping at Alexis for following her feelings.

Layla hasn't been forthright with the MC from the beginning. She lied to the MC about her relationship with the principal. She's immediately super territorial over the MC over Tori the first two times she's met him. She struggles with creating boundaries seeing as how she largely lets Zach just hover around her without being shown firmly rejecting him and creating space. In the conversation at training camp, you can outright say that you enjoy dating Alexis but you have deep(er) feelings for Layla and she just goes with it, like it's totally fine this dude just unofficially dumped her sister for her on the phone ten minutes ago.

Elena is just hovering and third-wheeling around the MC and Layla during their courtship, and I guess just trying to Nice Girl her way around MC so he eventually notices her? It's weird and hard to say where it's going. I'm sorry for any Elena players because you get to touch her approximately 4 times the entire game so far. It's a slow burn gated behind another slow burn.

Nikki/Cara get the short end of the stick in the sense that a lot of their scenes are literal copy and pastes of each other. They're essentially the same character at this point with a choose your own model option. But they impulsively decide to break up with the MC during a traumatic period in his life because they hear a throwaway comment that MC hooked up with Juliet, even though it was during the same period where Nikki and Cara were both mutually interested in the MC and he had not formally pursued a relationship with either of them.

Iris is this weird, creepy girl with literally no concept of personal boundaries. She aggressively flaunts her nudity even when asked otherwise, just creeps inside and watches her roommate having sex before introducing herself in the most embarrassing way. She's constantly pushing to try to make out with an obviously uncomfortable Alexis, and using her to trying to perv on Erynn (has she ever indicated any interest at all?). And let's not even get into the backstory where he uses a sixteen year old boy as a rebound dick. I love sex positivity, but it's hard to see a character underneath all the red flags.

And let's not even get into a character like Gabi who's an actual married teacher seducing a student, and I'm guessing at some point Nyx is going to unironically require the MC to be monogamous towards her if you want her ending because the MC has to be a saint compared to the girls he's romancing.

Then you have to consider the weird player limbo you're in if you want to romance a minor character. People like Valeria, Brooke, Emily, Melissa, Lakeyn, ShaCarri, Tori, et cetera all have affection scores. But they have serious scenes every 4 chapters. Are you going to get proper endings with them? Does Nyx expect you to spurn every other lover en route to maybe getting something with them? What are you even supposed to do?
You don't like the game, you don't like the characters, you don't like the writing. All good, it's your opinion. You said your peace, now move on to a game you like.
So many haters here that just complain and feel a need to share their disappointment and get some likes from like-minded people to feel better. But why do they keep coming back?
Seriously. No issue with people not liking certain games and giving their opinion on why they didn't enjoy it. But after that:
Delete the game, forget about it, look for something you enjoy.

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
I wasn't sure because they talk about him getting tattoos for his birthday but we never see the actually birthday, so I figured he was almost 18.

That makes sense because she says that she's a two hour drive from Madison Springs, but the MC has to take a plane to the town where Haley and her daughters live. I should've picked up on that.

Any idea what the names of the other towns are? I'm drawing a blank on them.

I'm not familiar with how strict they are, so I don't know if the dev is tempting fate here. I'm just a bit worried that they will randomly crack down on a technicality. As annoying as it is, having the Iris flashback contained in a separate minor standalone game might be a good idea in a cover your ass sort of a way.
Lakeyn/Nathan are from Alvarado Hills?
Nikki/Cara are from Riverside.
Riverside is a 2-hour drive from Alvarado, not from Madison Springs

If it really is a problem. The dev can easily remove the ages and remove the 2-year relationship and there's no issue anymore.
They don't just pull it without warning. They'll give you time to fix it. See Summertime Sage for example, which had incest at first, but they had to change it to landlady,...

Reactions: Alfred the Fallen

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
You don't like the game, you don't like the characters, you don't like the writing. All good, it's your opinion. You said your peace, now move on to a game you like.
So many haters here that just complain and feel a need to share their disappointment and get some likes from like-minded people to feel better. But why do they keep coming back?
Seriously. No issue with people not liking certain games and giving their opinion on why they didn't enjoy it. But after that:
Delete the game, forget about it, look for something you enjoy.
Pretty sure I have the same prerogative to comment here as you, bud. Stop trying to gatekeep commentary. I could just as easily say if you enjoy the game, play it and move on instead of trying to rebut every bit of criticism people who likewise played it have.

I'm commenting because I played the game. More than once actually with all the branching paths and dead ends. I like a lot of the elements of this game, but I'm also not going to handwave some of the poor execution and areas that probably need improvement. If you don't want to read my posts, feel free to ignore.

A lot of people have issues with Erynn and Alexis and the very elastic way their relationship has been written in this VN. It's hardly a fringe opinion. My issue has always been that the way the girls stake ownership over the MC despite never having any conversations about whether or not they're dating/exclusive/in a relationship is kind of weird and unfair, which seems pretty central to the Erynn/Alexis conversation in particular.

Last edited:

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
She has no real right to feel upset about it, and even if she wants to throw her hat in the ring, the MC deserves to make his own choice over who he wants to pursue romantically instead of her just snapping at Alexis for following her feelings
I can't agree on this one but all the other topics you've mentioned indeed describe a significant problem with writing.
Erynn wasn't upset because of Alexis following her feelings, she was mad because Alexis didn't told her anything about what was going on betwen her and MC. She was sleeping with him! She didn't care or stayed silent knowing this would hurt Erynn immensly. Last update also showed she is a hypocrite in that regard. She is snapping at MC like Erynn was snapping at herself because of the exact same reason.

Enemies do that to one each other but not "best friends".

Reactions: MrD812 and LSC82

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
I can't agree on this one but all the other topics you've mentioned indeed describe a significant problem with writing.
Erynn wasn't upset because of Alexis following her feelings, she was mad because Alexis didn't told her anything about what was going on betwen her and MC. She was sleeping with him! She didn't care or stayed silent knowing this would hurt Erynn immensly. Last update also showed she is a hypocrite in that regard. She is snapping at MC like Erynn was snapping at herself because of the exact same reason.

Enemies do that to one each other but not "best friends".
I agree this is a fair point. She is fair to be mad about Alexis not telling her and ditching her to take the MC to the concert. But the way she frames it ("you know how I feel about him") implies she feels some kind of claim over the MC, which is also a big reason why Alexis doesn't feel comfortable mentioning it to her. I wouldn't want to open a can of worms over someone who feels their 5 year old crush entitles them to dibs either.

"I liked this boy from 5 years ago when he was a 13-year-old" is not really something you get to hold over someone, not to mention it's kind of weird to still be harboring that flame five years on when MC is obviously a very different person.

Likewise, the nuance here is probably that Alexis is more upset over the MC two-timing Alexis and Layla (and hurting her sister in the process) than him lying per se. Not that either of them should feel that way since neither moved to define their relationship with the MC, but I can understand the sentiment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanhaquis

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
Pretty sure I have the same prerogative to comment here as you, bud. Stop trying to gatekeep commentary. I could just as easily say if you enjoy the game, play it, and move on instead of trying to rebut every bit of criticism people who likewise played it have.

I'm commenting because I played the game. More than once actually with all the branching paths and dead ends. I like a lot of the elements of this game, but I'm also not going to handwave some of the poor execution and areas that probably need improvement. If you don't want to read my posts, feel free to ignore.

A lot of people have issues with Erynn and Alexis and the very elastic way their relationship has been written in this VN. It's hardly a fringe opinion. My issue has always been that the way the girls stake ownership over the MC despite never having any conversations about whether or not they're dating/exclusive/in a relationship is kind of weird and unfair, which seems pretty central to the Erynn/Alexis conversation in particular.
I don't. I actually agree with certain criticism and I think it needs improving.
But what does all this complaining do in the end? Nothing.
How about people who have issues with certain aspects of the game actually say them to the dev so they know and can improve on it?
But then again, why spend 2 precious minutes of your time to help a dev if you can spend hours of your time on this forum and complain about it?
Btw, this isn't directed to you, I'm talking in general cause this counts towards all games here.

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
I don't. I actually agree with certain criticism and I think it needs improving.
But what does all this complaining do in the end? Nothing.
How about people who have issues with certain aspects of the game actually say them to the dev so they know and can improve on it?
But then again, why spend 2 precious minutes of your time to help a dev if you can spend hours of your time on this forum and complain about it?
Btw, this isn't directed to you, I'm talking in general cause this counts towards all games here.
Offering criticism is helping a dev. A good and humble developer can listen to the feedback and take on board potential for improvement. That includes people who enjoyed their game and people who didn't.

Obviously not all criticism is necessarily valid or worthwhile, but a lot of it is, or has enough kernels of veracity in them to have value.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Of course, if it dragged on for several episodes, as you suggest, people would bitch about it taking too long.

Erynn and Alexis have been best friends since early childhood. The MC and Erynn have also been very close during that time. It follows that Alexis has stood by and watched as the MC's childhood crush becomes puppy love, becomes wannabe girlfriend/boyfriend. Her interactions with the MC may not have been as deep as Erynn's, but they have been there as long. Just thinking out loud here.
and she would know that if she wants him she would have to act a lot quicker. she knew he liked erynn since he was a kid so erynn would already have that massive headstart in that way... so if lexi likes him it might make her want to act on it a lot quicker than she typically would.

Reactions: Warscared
Dec 29, 2018
Erynn is allegedly totally in love with someone from 5 years ago, when her memories of him were as a prepubescent boy. She apparently feels like she still has ownership over him (big red flags), and gets mad when he, a single dude who has his own agency, sleeps with Alexis, a single girl who has her own agency. She has no real right to feel upset about it, and even if she wants to throw her hat in the ring, the MC deserves to make his own choice over who he wants to pursue romantically instead of her just snapping at Alexis for following her feelings.
She also has that weird thing where she views the MC as her knight in shining armour come to save her.

When the main character asks her why she went to the prom with Ethan, she responds with "Because you didn't ask me." Which is odd because she would still be blackmailed by Ethan into going with him would she not? Unless she's implying that she never would've dated Zane (I think that was her boyfriends name) and instead would've been with you instead.

Later when the main character is sleeping on her couch, she says "I made so many mistakes. I needed you here. Who else watches out for me? Please don't ever leave me again... Okay? Besides, I still owe you an answer. Do you remember?" Which is weird because she has Melissa, Emily, and Alexis there to watch out for her. The main character was a small child when she saw him last, and she should've been the one looking out for him instead of remaining friends the asshole who she knew had been bullying him for a long time.

There's also a lot of hypocrisy about not keeping secrets. Erynn is furious that Alexis didn't tell her about dating the MC, and she will lecture the MC about how he should tell his mother about how his father hit him in anger, but she isn't telling anyone anything about Ethan. I get that she's embarassed about the whole thing, but after he broke his word about deleting the video, she should've realized that he was never going to do it and asked for help from Melissa/Emily/Alexis.

Elena is just hovering and third-wheeling around the MC and Layla during their courtship, and I guess just trying to Nice Girl her way around MC so he eventually notices her? It's weird and hard to say where it's going. I'm sorry for any Elena players because you get to touch her approximately 4 times the entire game so far. It's a slow burn gated behind another slow burn.
Elena is my favourite and I would actually enjoy the slow burn if the game wasn't constantly adding new characters that slow the pace even further. It's at the point where I'm starting to doubt that the game will ever get finished, and fear it will end up like Love and Submission where that developer just got overwhelmed by all the possible branches and couldn't make it work.

I think Nyx once wrote something here about how Elena wasn't looking for a boyfriend right now (too busy with family or something) and she only develops feelings for the MC after watching how happy he make Layla. I don't think that she actually wants the MC to notice her in a romantic way, but rather hopes that her feelings for him go away so that she won't be a bad friend.

Iris is this weird, creepy girl with literally no concept of personal boundaries. She aggressively flaunts her nudity even when asked otherwise, just creeps inside and watches her roommate having sex before introducing herself in the most embarrassing way. She's constantly pushing to try to make out with an obviously uncomfortable Alexis, and using her to trying to perv on Erynn (has she ever indicated any interest at all?). And let's not even get into the backstory where he uses a sixteen year old boy as a rebound dick. I love sex positivity, but it's hard to see a character underneath all the red flags.
She also grabs your Mom's ass. She's basically a creepier version of Zach, but gets a pass because she's a hot girl.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
I would be more willing to attack Lexi's character if every character wasn't written in this horrible, immature way. At this point it's largely a writing issue rather than a character issue. Almost all of the characters are problematic in their own way.

Layla hasn't been forthright with the MC from the beginning. She lied to the MC about her relationship with the principal. She's immediately super territorial over the MC over Tori the first two times she's met him. She struggles with creating boundaries seeing as how she largely lets Zach just hover around her without being shown firmly rejecting him and creating space. In the conversation at training camp, you can outright say that you enjoy dating Alexis but you have deep(er) feelings for Layla and she just goes with it, like it's totally fine this dude just unofficially dumped her sister for her on the phone ten minutes ago.

Nikki/Cara get the short end of the stick in the sense that a lot of their scenes are literal copy and pastes of each other. They're essentially the same character at this point with a choose your own model option. But they impulsively decide to break up with the MC during a traumatic period in his life because they hear a throwaway comment that MC hooked up with Juliet, even though it was during the same period where Nikki and Cara were both mutually interested in the MC and he had not formally pursued a relationship with either of them.

And let's not even get into a character like Gabi who's an actual married teacher seducing a student, and I'm guessing at some point Nyx is going to unironically require the MC to be monogamous towards her if you want her ending because the MC has to be a saint compared to the girls he's romancing.

Then you have to consider the weird player limbo you're in if you want to romance a minor character. People like Valeria, Brooke, Emily, Melissa, Lakeyn, ShaCarri, Tori, et cetera all have affection scores. But they have serious scenes every 4 chapters. Are you going to get proper endings with them? Does Nyx expect you to spurn every other lover en route to maybe getting something with them? What are you even supposed to do?
Honestly Alexis has them beat easily.
Layla has a silly little secret she doesn't want getting out, Alexis on the other hand lies and manipulates.
Elena does what a good friend is suppoused to do, she is fighting with herself as hard as she can to not get into conflict with her BFF.
Even Gabi at her first meeting she isn't aware that the MC is a student all she knows is that she's cheating on her husband, and she tries very hard to keep it in her pants the next couple of episodes, she cracks when she feels unloved, that's relatable.

And Erynn... first she just misses the MC, when she sees him she seems conflicted between her feelings for him as the kid she knew and this new "hunk of man".
That's relatable to me, i've met girls who "got hot" in a few months, never mind 5 years(btw Alexis also seems hung up on the kiss she got from a kid 5 years ago).
Erynn gets jealous of other girls, but the only one she flies off the handle is Alexis, because Alexis(suppousedly her best friend)knows she has feelings for the MC and on "her own agency" chooses to lie and deceive her.

Last edited:

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
A lot of people did this... And Nyx sometimes snapped at them. So she left f95zone entirely. Some people think this site is "just" a pirate forum, it's not. This site first and foremost is a community forum with a healthy userbase. I believe without forums like these the devs would never receive a decent amount of support because they couldn't spread the word.

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
Honestly Alexis has them beat easily.
Layla has silly little secret she doesn't want getting out, Alexis on the other hand lies and manipulates.
Elena does a good friend is suppoused to do, she is fighting with herslef as hard as she can to not get into conflict with her BFF.
Even Gabi at her first meeting she isn't aware that the MC is a student all she knows is that she's cheating on her husband, and she tries very hard to keep it in her pants the next couple of episodes, she cracks when she feels unloved, that's relatable.

And Erynn... first she just misses the MC, when she sees him she seems conflicted between her feelings for him as the kid she knew and this new "hunk of man".
That's relatable to me, i've met girls who "got hot" in a few months, never mind 5 years(btw Alexis also seems hung up on the kiss she got from a kid 5 years ago).
Erynn gets jealous of other girls, but the only one she flies off the handle is Alexis, because Alexis(suppousedly her best friend)knows she has feelings for the MC and on "her own agency" chooses to lie and deceive her.
It's difficult, because if we're being honest, much of how Alexis "lies and manipulates" is framed by her relationship with Erynn. But if Erynn is openly staking claims to the boy she's interested in and otherwise just assuming the worst at first chance without giving Alexis the chance to explain her side of the story, I can completely understand why she wanted to keep something like that hidden from her. It's always tough when you have one of those friends, whom you love but they're probably not the most sympathetic to your personal issues because they're kind of self-centered. It doesn't help that Erynn has some lowkey narcissism vibes, or at least the writing is weird/bad enough to present them.

Combine with how the MC had an obvious crush on Erynn that he outright admitted (trumping Alexis's likely own feelings towards him), how Ethan seems obsessed with her, and how Erynn is apparently a well-known model, and it's easy to see how Alexis might feel like it's a struggle to get Erynn to really see her issues. That's not to say that Erynn doesn't have a right to be angry over Alexis's lies, but there's a lot of reasons for why someone might lie and we haven't seen enough about Alexis to fully understand hers. The retconning of her character halfway through the story certainly doesn't help, either.

Last edited:

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
also with the erynn hate idk why its wrong to think someone might be in love with someone they knew growing up... if you spent years growing up with someone that closely you can develop feelings, then they leave from a misunderstanding and you have time to think and in that time being around other people its not far fetched for that person to miss the person they knew and also wish it didnt go down like that and keep them same feelings for them or even develop even more feelings for them..

they come back and are then trying to help you out, having fun with them and you sort out the problems of the past.. its really not that unbelievable that she would become attached again and be annoyed when she sees that he has fucked her best friend, her best friend who knew exactly how much she liked him.. Just because you're not with someone yet it doesnt mean you cant be hurt by their actions. Also everyone deals with stuff like that different, just because you might not act like that or know someone who wouldnt act like that it doesnt mean others wouldnt..

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
A lot of people did this... And Nyx sometimes snapped at them. So she left f95zone entirely. Some people think this site is "just" a pirate forum, it's not. This site first and foremost is a community forum with a healthy userbase. I believe without forums like these the devs would never receive a decent amount of support because they couldn't spread the word.
I've read the conversations. She didn't snap at them, she explained stuff. I think only towards warscared, she was harsher, but he deserved it. There's a reason why he's banned from other threads.
She left because people attacked her directly, not the game.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Unfortunately this maybe WAS such a forum. Not anymore. If I have to guess its already >90% complaining / demanding / insulting (or stupid asking something even the answer is one post before...). There is a reason why a lot of developers here "fled" from F95zone recently. Yes, this page can help to make a game popular. But it has also kinda destroyed quite some good game developments too because of bad comments.

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
I've read the conversations. She didn't snap at them, she explained stuff. I think only towards warscared, she was harsher, but he deserved it. There's a reason why he's banned from other threads.
She left because people attacked her directly, not the game.
I didn't want to call out someone, thats why I used "them"... And as I understood she left the site because apparently a pirate forum isn't the place to gather feedback and some users sometimes behave like you've mentioned. But with this move she is shutting down valid critics. Thats why I've mentioned f95zone...

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
But it has also kinda destroyed quite some good game developments too because bad comments.
Bad Comments can't destroy developments. It's always on a Dev if He/She can handle Bad Comments. If a Dev give up his/her Developement they doing the wrong Job. It's the same as in every other Job. Problem is that many just can't handle bad things as they have lived there complete life in an Bubble without Bad things.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Bad Comments can't destroy developments. It's always on a Dev if He/She can handle Bad Comments. If a Dev give up his/her Developement they doing the wrong Job. It's the same as in every other Job. Problem is that many just can't handle bad things as they have lived there complete life in an Bubble without Bad things.
Don't get me wrong, but if here a game mostly gets complains - guess how many F95 users will support the game? probably Zero! Have already seen that with some games here I actually liked.

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
Unfortunately this maybe WAS such a forum. Not anymore. If I have to guess its already >90% complaining / demanding / insulting (or stupid asking something even the answer is one post before...). There is a reason why a lot of developers here "fled" from F95zone recently. Yes, this page can help to make a game popular. But it has also kinda destroyed quite some good game developments too because of bad comments.
If the developers would be able to moderate their own gamethreads this wouldn't be a problem... And it's normal realy... The more users the more trolls. To deal the right way with these trolls is the challenge to overcome and right now f95zone mods are somewhat aggressive as seen in the Summer's Gone game thread. People are now afraid to post in this thread because of some unjustified "off topic" cleansing which resulted in people getting banhammering.gif .

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
Disagree completely. There's a reason why sentences like this exist: "Words are sharper than a two-edged sword." or any other similar wording.

Reactions: SlidingBadger
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes