davildante

Apr 24, 2017
LOL maybe you just give more importance to that word than i do, If i could see by action that someone cares and that it was a misunderstanding then i wouldnt need a apology to make me feel different. I would rather that than someone saying sorry but seeming to not care or show they care through actions. I know people who will say sorry for everything and also who will never apologize but you can tell that they either want to or are remorseful, some find it hard to say it.
Look, in game we not see that she sorry that situation happened like it did. That maybe she should say her friends that she go to her or his house to continue they talk or something like that. That she acted differently if she knew to what situation come. Cuz act like she did, i mean got districted by some joke is wrong in middle of confession from close friend. He is, not some nobody to her to act like that. She may dont realise at the time she half kid, but time goes she became adult and can analyze situation with knew sight. I remember one scene when she show some remorse and have a though about mistakes she made. In scene after bar if you chose to go with her. But we dont know what exact mistakes, maybe it all about her bad situation now or relations with Zane and a tape like conclusion. So when confrontation scene happened what we see, that "they dont laugh at him". Without her apology or some remorse on incident, scene only show us that MC missunderstand and he blame himself. So you tell me that she acted 100% right should have no remorse at all? She wouldn't change a thing so misunderstanding not happened? Cuz all MC could change its just dont confess at all. His anger and misbehave afterwards is understandible thing. If you see her remorse in that scene ot some other tap me to it. I apologise to you and all others for my wrong opinion on the matter.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Look, in game we not see that she sorry that situation happened like it did. That maybe she should say her friends that she go to her or his house to continue they talk or something like that. That she acted differently if she knew to what situation come. Cuz act like she did, i mean got districted by some joke is wrong in middle of confession from close friend. He is, not some nobody to her to act like that. She may dont realise at the time she half kid, but time goes she became adult and can analyze situation with knew sight. I remember one scene when she show some remorse and have a though about mistakes she made. In scene after bar if you chose to go with her. But we dont know what exact mistakes, maybe it all about her bad situation now or relations with Zane and a tape like conclusion. So when confrontation scene happened what we see, that "they dont laugh at him". Without her apology or some remorse on incident, scene only show us that MC missunderstand and he blame himself. So you tell me that she acted 100% right should have no remorse at all? She wouldn't change a thing so misunderstanding not happened? Cuz all MC could change its just dont confess at all. His anger and misbehave afterwards is understandible thing. If you see her remorse in that scene ot some other tap me to it. I apologise to you and all others for my wrong opinion on the matter.
you dont need to apologise if you end up thinking you're wrong. we all make mistakes, i can be petty when i feel like someone has done me wrong, with her i never felt like she was in the wrong. other games i have wanted to never see certain characters again after some situations so i understand that some can make you dislike them.

For me she has always been nice, her reaction when she sees he is back shows she genuinely cares, she comes to him the next day and spends the day with him talking about past and present, when he phones her after he argues with his mum she drops what she is doing leaves college and comes to see him, takes him to her apartment and lets him stay with her.. she is a good friend imo, she also shows that she cares for him and likes him more than just a friend. for me that means way more than if she says sorry about a incident when she was younger. when we are young we do things differently, she tried to go see him after it happened, wrote to him, it just never got resolved. i dont really hold grudges for that, but thats just me personally.

we all value different things in people, i value how someone acts and treats us 99% of the time , if someone in action shows they care but makes one minor mistake and doesnt apologise, its not really going to affect me, if you know the person well enough you know if they are malicious.. for me she is not a malicious person

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
Sigh... I guess I have to show you why MC is really mad since you keep saying the same shit:

m = Emily
mc = MC
et = Ethan

This happened after the confession:

m "You are back early."
m "Isn't Erynn home?"
mc "..."
m "Hey... What's wrong honey?"
mc "Nothing."
m "Hey come here. What happened? And don't say nothing again."
mc "..."
m "Weren't you going to celebrate your birthday with Erynn?"
mc "She was there with her friends."
m "And?"
mc "They were laughing at me."
m "Why were they laughing at you?"
mc "..."
m "Erynn would never laugh at you. Are you sure you didn't misunderstand?"
mc "I saw them laughing and looking at me."
m "Just go back and talk to Erynn. She can probably explain that it was nothing."
mc "..."
m "What? Since when are you shy?"
mc "I'm not!"
m "Well then go and talk to her."

He goes back but before he meets Erynn, he ran into Ethan:

et "What are you doing here again?"
mc "I'm..."
et "Just go away already."
mc "But today is my..."
et "But but but... Are you stupid?"
et "Erynn hates you! Don't you get it?"
et "She doesn't want to play with little idiots like you."
et "You are just annoying and ruin everything..."
mc "..."
mc "I..."
et "LEAVE!"

Because the laughing situation was never cleared up, he still believes it to be true at that point, but the nail in the coffin is Ethan lying about Erynn saying she hates MC. That's what made him so mad and not wanting to talk to Erynn. Erynn didn't even know this happened.

davildante

Apr 24, 2017
But she already not apologized? Want a shower of rose petals and a speaker? Sometimes, despite my best efforts, I don't understand people.

For me these waters are already at sea. Both were wrong, she erred in not going after the MC since she cared so much, MC erred by not reading a simple letter. Damn, I know he was upset, and I thought she had no feelings for him. But for God's sake, wasn't he curious what a person who supposedly had no feelings for him wanted to send so many letters?

And even if she hadn't apologized, if she didn't have feelings for him. What the fuck is you who knows that a girl who was your friend, that you loved, your neighbor, daughter of a person like Melissa, who is suffering blackmail and physical and mental loss, she would not help? Why didn't she apologize to you for coming after you? or because ne feels the same thing as you? So you'd let her be raped, assaulted, killed... So?

Empathy sends a memory.
1. No she is not she only tell mc that he misunderstand that all. She clean in that situation.
2. Agree both are to blame why author show us in what to be critical for there relations scene hat he the one to blame? There was not 1 line about how she sorry that he got confused or that if she could change it she would.
3. What to do with that chose in game its desition of every player for himself. After what i alredy wright here on a matter i just decide if she miss perfect that newer do wrong she could take care of herself wichout MC.

davildante

Apr 24, 2017
you dont need to apologise if you end up thinking you're wrong. we all make mistakes, i can be petty when i feel like someone has done me wrong, with her i never felt like she was in the wrong. other games i have wanted to never see certain characters again after some situations so i understand that some can make you dislike them.

For me she has always been nice, her reaction when she sees he is back shows she genuinely cares, she comes to him the next day and spends the day with him talking about past and present, when he phones her after he argues with his mum she drops what she is doing leaves college and comes to see him, takes him to her apartment and lets him stay with her.. she is a good friend imo, she also shows that she cares for him and likes him more than just a friend. for me that means way more than if she says sorry about a incident when she was younger. when we are young we do things differently, she tried to go see him after it happened, wrote to him, it just never got resolved. i dont really hold grudges for that, but thats just me personally.

we all value different things in people, i value how someone acts and treats us 99% of the time , if someone in action shows they care but makes one minor mistake and doesnt apologise, its not really going to affect me, if you know the person well enough you know if they are malicious.. for me she is not a malicious person
In game we got plenty nice atention from all different girls so she dont special in that case. I hear your opinion, you and many other feel that she should fell remourse because she care for him and that mattered more. Ok, than why author make MC only one to blame himself? He misunderstand and its his fault that it? Its his fault, cuz all else people on the planet will not misunderstud on his place? I dont see shared fault for that situation on screen. You tell me your opinion and that in your head plot work, ok like you say'd before people are have different taste. In my head it dont, and i explain why. Guys if you tap me on scene with her remource or apology for her part in situation so that your words and my thoughts about both were wrong match what is in game. I say'd apology and case close. Right now i see only: blame all on him and miss perfect. That dont give player desire to help this perfect person....

davildante

Apr 24, 2017
Sigh... I guess I have to show you why MC is really mad since you keep saying the same shit:

m = Emily
mc = MC
et = Ethan

This happened after the confession:

m "You are back early."
m "Isn't Erynn home?"
mc "..."
m "Hey... What's wrong honey?"
mc "Nothing."
m "Hey come here. What happened? And don't say nothing again."
mc "..."
m "Weren't you going to celebrate your birthday with Erynn?"
mc "She was there with her friends."
m "And?"
mc "They were laughing at me."
m "Why were they laughing at you?"
mc "..."
m "Erynn would never laugh at you. Are you sure you didn't misunderstand?"
mc "I saw them laughing and looking at me."
m "Just go back and talk to Erynn. She can probably explain that it was nothing."
mc "..."
m "What? Since when are you shy?"
mc "I'm not!"
m "Well then go and talk to her."

He goes back but before he meets Erynn, he ran into Ethan:

et "What are you doing here again?"
mc "I'm..."
et "Just go away already."
mc "But today is my..."
et "But but but... Are you stupid?"
et "Erynn hates you! Don't you get it?"
et "She doesn't want to play with little idiots like you."
et "You are just annoying and ruin everything..."
mc "..."
mc "I..."
et "LEAVE!"

Because the laughing situation was never cleared up, he still believes it to be true at that point, but the nail in the coffin is Ethan lying about Erynn saying she hates MC. That's what made him so mad and not wanting to talk to Erynn. Erynn didn't even know this happened.
And why mc actualy bellive Ethan? Not cuz he confessed before, see girl he con laugh with her friend, think thay laugh at him and run away emberessed? That scene was just one more coin in misunderstanding that already happened. I try to tell that they both f**k up each in his own way. But all fault to situation go to MC shoulders and miss perfect dont need to change enithing, dont need to feel bad on her part. That what game show us right now.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
Guys, this discourse will not take you anywhere. It is clear that we have different preferences.

I am particularly sad that I have to make several different moves to see the story of each girl. I like Lexi, but I also like Erynn. And so the reference Yen and Triss. Unfortunately for me, I will have to do several plays. One with Lexi/Erynn (see what to give) and Erynn Solo. From my point of view, it is clear that Erynn is the most important person here, except MC. I don't believe or see her as a villain, I believe she made a mistake, but if you make a minimum of right choices with her. That is, by helping someone in this, she will show how sorry she is for her choices and how much she cares about MC. But you are free to have different opinions, the problem is that this is my opinion and will only change, or not, only when the story progresses more. So of those who disagree. We simple mortals do not have this power to make other mortals change formed opinions.

Let's take it for a tie, before having to give work to the moderators.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
In game we got plenty nice atention from all different girls so she dont special in that case. I hear your opinion, you and many other feel that she should fell remourse because she care for him and that mattered more. Ok, than why author make MC only one to blame himself? He misunderstand and its his fault that it? Its his fault, cuz all else people on the planet will not misunderstud on his place? I dont see shared fault for that situation on screen. You tell me your opinion and that in your head plot work, ok like you say'd before people are have different taste. In my head it dont, and i explain why. Guys if you tap me on scene with her remource or apology for her part in situation so that your words and my thoughts about both were wrong match what is in game. I say'd apology and case close. Right now i see only: blame all on him and miss perfect. That dont give player desire to help this perfect person....
ask yourself this, In this very situation, you confess you like your best friend.. you give her a flower.. she takes it and goes to her friend. they giggle and you feel its about you.. you then come back and that dick stops you and says some mean things, you go home and go to your room... would you move to another place?
would you not speak to this girl again after that? its your best friend who you have grown up with, you would know her better than most people. you would know deep down if that person would really react like that.. so for me, if i knew all of this i would atleast speak to her again, i wouldnt move away..

so realistically if you do what the mc did, you are actually in the wrong tbh, you trusted the words of your enemy instead of talking to her, to think she would just laugh at you and thats it.. i dont even think the "author" puts all the blame on the mc but the more i think about it i think i do..

now think of it the other way around, say she came to you and you laughed with your friends about something else, and you never see her again and she ran away to another place. would it be your fault? put yourself in the others shoes.

If i misunderstand something, take it as a fact and dont speak to that person for a long long time then tbh thats on me, i definitely wouldnt expect a apology. if that person then sent me letters to talk to me and i didnt read them, i threw them out... thats on me, not them.

if you cant understand this then thats cool, we are different people with different outlooks and morals. i mentioned how she treated him because to me that matters, i dont care how everyone else treats me too, we are talking about her.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

davildante

Apr 24, 2017
''she will show how sorry she is for her choices and how much she cares about MC'' - Man i got all choises, and i tell you she show care but not ''how sorry she is for her choices''. All blame for past misunderstanding still goes to MC and little to Eathan for his douchebag part. But she stay clean, and maybe guys for you "Care" its enough to agree on her being MH part. And maybe id to be on your side if in same game we dont have Lexi story when she apologise and he to, cuz his snap was overriacting.))) He had bad day but still they exchenge apology. And thats were player deside continue affair or not, its brilliant on my opinion! We dont get somthing like that in Erynn story, and that got me frustrated maybe some other people to. And so that what make my opinion on Lexi MH and not Erynn. So if you have scene i mentioned earlier shoot it in me. If not, lets just stay on our own opinions.

Lets make draw like JC07 say'd before moderators came at as.

davildante

Apr 24, 2017
ask yourself this, In this very situation, you confess you like your best friend.. you give her a flower.. she takes it and goes to her friend. they giggle and you feel its about you.. you then come back and that dick stops you and says some mean things, you go home and go to your room... would you move to another place?
would you not speak to this girl again after that? its your best friend who you have grown up with, you would know her better than most people. you would know deep down if that person would really react like that.. so for me, if i knew all of this i would atleast speak to her again, i wouldnt move away..

so realistically if you do what the mc did, you are actually in the wrong tbh, you trusted the words of your enemy instead of talking to her, to think she would just laugh at you and thats it.. i dont even think the "author" puts all the blame on the mc but the more i think about it i think i do..

now think of it the other way around, say she came to you and you laughed with your friends about something else, and you never see her again and she ran away to another place. would it be your fault? put yourself in the others shoes.

If i misunderstand something, take it as a fact and dont speak to that person for a long long time then tbh thats on me, i definitely wouldnt expect a apology. if that person then sent me letters to talk to me and i didnt read them, i threw them out... thats on me, not them.

if you cant understand this then thats cool, we are different people with different outlooks and morals. i mentioned how she treated him because to me that matters, i dont care how everyone else treats me too, we are talking about her.
"she takes it and goes to her friend." - in scene she didnt take flower, she just go to her friends
"would you move to another place?" - He moved after couple of weeks of disobedience in relation to his Mom. Who didnt know what to do to him so she sent him to his "father".
"would you not speak to this girl again after that?" - if i was a boy his age? Yes.
"you then come back and that dick stops you and says some mean things" - I see people forget that at the moment he think of Ethan just friend of Erynn, They maybe dont get along but he dont think he terrible person he is.
"ts your best friend who you have grown up with, you would know her better than most people." - he thin in moment that she laugh on his confession, than there Eathan coin to this all. So he think she betrayed him, you speek to people who you thin betrayed you? Well, i dont.

Reactions: Zorro#34

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
"she takes it and goes to her friend." - in scene she didnt take flower, she just go to her friends
"would you move to another place?" - He moved after couple of weeks of disobedience in relation to his Mom. Who didnt know what to do to him so she sent him to his "father".
"would you not speak to this girl again after that?" - if i was a boy his age? Yes.
"you then come back and that dick stops you and says some mean things" - I see people forget that at the moment he think of Ethan just friend of Erynn, They maybe dont get along but he dont think he terrible person he is.
"ts your best friend who you have grown up with, you would know her better than most people." - he thin in moment that she laugh on his confession, than there Eathan coin to this all. So he think she betrayed him, you speek to people who you thin betrayed you? Well, i dont.
lol its been a long time since i played it, sure little things was different, but i stand by what i say. a guy talking to me like he does i would see clearly that he is a enemy, at the age of 12 we are in highschool here and i remember that i was not naïve to where i would not understand who my friends and enemys are.

ok he was moved away, if not by his choice then not as much his fault but still i wouldnt need her to apologize, the fact all of your frustrations come from a simple apology is mind blowing to me if im being honest but its clear you will never think different. you may miss out on some great people in life because of this but you do you.

we go around in circles there is no need to carry this convo on, ive kept it as respectful as i can and we look at things very differently. have a good day

Reactions: xXwankerXx

davildante

Apr 24, 2017
lol its been a long time since i played it, sure little things was different, but i stand by what i say. a guy talking to me like he does i would see clearly that he is a enemy, at the age of 12 we are in highschool here and i remember that i was not naïve to where i would not understand who my friends and enemys are.

ok he was moved away, if not by his choice then not as much his fault but still i wouldnt need her to apologize, the fact all of your frustrations come from a simple apology is mind blowing to me if im being honest but its clear you will never think different. you may miss out on some great people in life because of this but you do you.

we go around in circles there is no need to carry this convo on, ive kept it as respectful as i can and we look at things very differently. have a good day
" you may miss out on some great people in life because of this but you do you." - Thank you for your concern but i have plenty great people in my life. My family, friends, girlfriend who actuly agree on my points about Erynn but mock me cuz i waist my time here. After few first replies on my 1 comment she sayd that i can't change minds of people here but i can be stubborn so i tried. Have a good day or night to.

• Haha
Reactions: D9074

луна

Aug 24, 2021
All the blame lies with the mc, not Erynn. He never gave her a chance to explain that they werent laughing at him, she tried to talk to him before he moved, but she had no luck. When the MC went to live with the father, she sent him letters, but he never read them.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
" you may miss out on some great people in life because of this but you do you." - Thank you for your concern but i have plenty great people in my life. My family, friends, girlfriend who actuly agree on my points about Erynn but mock me cuz i waist my time here. After few first replies on my 1 comment she sayd that i can't change minds of people here but i can be stubborn so i tried. Have a good day or night to.
hahaha, my mind can definitely be changed, some people for sure you cant though. I have changed my mind about many things and i welcome it. looking through another perspective and being able to change your mind is a good thing imo.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
exactly man, idc if someone dislikes any character, but as you say when they make things up or bring out a truth but twist it to fit their narrative it just becomes weird. Its almost like they believe it themselves too so its like they need to give themselves the reason to dislike.

we are all different people and have different tastes, it would be boring if everyone liked the same thing and thought the same way.

if i was in the MC position, told a girl i like her, she talks to her friends and laughs and i think that it was towards me, sure id feel a certain way. I wouldnt move though lol id end up speaking to her again and it would have been sorted. this is obviously a game though and certain things need to happen to progress it so i get it. Once i knew that i was misunderstood i wouldnt care, i wouldnt need a apology for that. i wouldnt be mad that she went and spoke to her friends. the reasons i see are just weird to me
Well, they can stay in their own fantasy world believing Alexis is the perfect girl for the MC and Erynn is a piece of crap because she "lied" and "used" the MC while being "in a relationship" with Ethan all this time. Not like they're going to make Erynn disappear from the story because of that.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I don't think it is as complex as calling someone an "Erynn fan" or a "Nyx defender." I think it is simpler than that. There are fans of the story. I fall into this category. I am able to see the story from a broader perspective. Not characters in isolation. Not which characters have the most sex scenes. It is simply a good story.

Many people will point out the flaws in the story. I can't argue against that. There are flaws. Nyx is not a professional writer. And even if she were, there are many flaws in the work of professional writers. It happens. And it happens here. That doesn't take away from the strengths of the story for me. But I also tend to not fixate on the small things.

A story belongs to the author until they release it. Then it becomes something else. It becomes whatever the reader makes of it. No doubt, our personal experiences influence how we perceive the story. My guess is that most of the people on this thread are supporters and fans of the story or they would not be here. But not everyone is friendly. And some people enjoy causing crap and poking people. That is the definition of trolling. They have the sympathy of the mods and they get away with it post after post while others are silenced. Some people just thrive on stirring the pot.

So, as I said yesterday in a mod-deleted post (that claimed I was attacking someone personally) ... Maybe you see things differently. This story tell you something different. SHOW me how the story is different for you.

Last edited:

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
wtf are you talking about?
Believe me, that's the question every user on this forum asks themselves every time he posts something, so Canto posting nonsense is just him being himself, nothing weird about that.;)

"likes to work for the blackmailer"
Makes me wonder why Lexi dumps the MC if that were the case, but logic and rational thinking seem to fly over some ppl's heads too often to call it a coincidence.:rolleyes:

you do realise some people get stuck in relationships with people and get abused for years and years right? is that also their choice and that they like it?
Sadly, that's RL fact, and the poor women can't escape cause they're too traumatized and too scared of what that sick lunatic would do if they did. In some cases, they choose to endure it for the sake of their children, and sadly, those same children witness a deranged, insane, poor excuse of a dad beating up their mom, and that's not something kids should see. I wish some ppl here would think before spitting their BS in this thread and ignore the damn character if they don't like it.

we have very very very very different outlooks on life and things like this, i know people who have been through abuse and you saying stuff like this is really simple minded
Blame their innocent age or the lack of life experience for that... talking about RL domestic violence, emotional abuse, blackmail and all that disturbing shit like it's just some harmless porn movie roleplay is next level stupidity and ignorance, ffs.

i feel like we have played completely different games at this point.
The funny thing is, they could end this debate simple and real quick by replaying the game and focusing only on Erynn to see who's right and who's wrong in this debate, but, for fuck knows what reason other than trolling, they don't and won't stop talking nonsense. It's like arguing with kids about how life works lol.

She is a perfectly lovely person backstabber, hypocrite and a shitty best(!!) friend
That's better.;) Don't get me wrong, I also like her path and her character, but it's that lil betrayal that's not easy to forgive. Erynn said it herself she wouldn't have minded if she and the MC started dating, but the least Alexis could do is tell her she likes him too instead of going behind her back like that.

So why is it that Alexis' story is so much better than Erynn's?
Cause the truth is, Alexis is Nyx's favorite pet, it's hilariously obvious, it was also mentioned in this thread, use the search button. This so-called 'love' story would've made sense if Erynn was the LI who got this much content, not her, coz she barely knew or spoke to the MC prior to their mile high club fling. I'm pretty sure most healthy, SERIOUS relationships don't start with the woman spreading her ass cheeks for a guy she barely knows... that shit is called a fling or a one-night stand, and the woman is either a hoe or too horny to think about commitment.

We forgive Alexis so easily for betraying her best friend for a pouty princess after a half-assed apology, but we stone Erynn to death for a simple misunderstanding she tried many times to clear up. Nice.:oops:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Cause the truth is, Alexis is Nyx's favorite pet, it's hilariously obvious, it was also mentioned in this thread, use the search button. This so-called 'love' story would've made sense if Erynn was the LI who got this much content, not her, coz she barely knew or spoke to the MC prior to their mile high club fling. I'm pretty sure most healthy, SERIOUS relationships don't start with the woman spreading her ass cheeks for a guy she barely knows... that shit is called a fling or a one-night stand, and the woman is either a hoe or too horny to think about commitment.

We forgive Alexis so easily for betraying her best friend for a pouty princess after a half-assed apology, but we stone Erynn to death for a simple misunderstanding she tried many times to clear up. Nice.:oops:
So your thesis is that Alexis' story is better because the dev... likes her more? Hmm. Well, since I cannot peer into their soul I cannot find any grounds to dispute that. I would prefer a more technical explanation as a critique but it will have to do. If you will permit me to redirect I would like to ponder why it is that Alexis is presented in such a way that people are inclined to forgive her obvious foibles and deficiencies of character. You know, other than just impugning the audience, which is rarely productive and a bad habit for any creator. My sense of it is that Alexis' story focuses on her positive attributes and gives her an opportunity to shine through by taking an active role in navigating her life and dealing with the consequences of taking the wrong course of action when faced with a difficult decision. Erynn does not suffer from a lack of content but a lack of meaningful content that gives her story any direction or momentum. She is a passive character that stuff just happens to. This is almost always a mistake and results in a weak character that people have difficulty relating to. Passive characters are not always unlikeable, but they always start with a narrative handicap. Well, this is my thesis anyway. But it doesn't have to be this way. Erynn is potentially a good character trapped in a bad story who suffers in comparison to other love interests because of unfortunate framing and inadequate narrative support.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
So your thesis is that Alexis' story is better because the dev... likes her more? Hmm. Well, since I cannot peer into their soul I cannot find any grounds to dispute that. I would prefer a more technical explanation as a critique but it will have to do. If you will permit me to redirect I would like to ponder why it is that Alexis is presented in such a way that people are inclined to forgive her obvious foibles and deficiencies of character. You know, other than just impugning the audience, which is rarely productive and a bad habit for any creator. My sense of it is that Alexis' story focuses on her positive attributes and gives her an opportunity to shine through by taking an active role in navigating her life and dealing with the consequences of taking the wrong course of action when faced with a difficult decision. Erynn does not suffer from a lack of content but a lack of meaningful content that gives her story any direction or momentum. She is a passive character that stuff just happens to. This is almost always a mistake and results in a weak character that people have difficulty relating to. Passive characters are not always unlikeable, but they always start with a narrative handicap. Well, this is my thesis anyway. But it doesn't have to be this way. Erynn is potentially a good character trapped in a bad story who suffers in comparison to other love interests because of unfortunate framing and inadequate narrative support.
Seems to be a fair assessment. The weakness in the narrative, in my simple opinion, is the lack of support for Erynn's storyline from the beginning. Again, this does not bother me because I am able to connect the pieces that 'seemed to be the intention' of the author. I also know that story is coming.

As I am working on the script for several VNs, I can attest that it is a challenge to write robust, complete storylines for each character. In this VN there are choices that allow the viewer to isolate and play out a character. Yes, the lives of these characters intersect at many points (adding to the complexity). As a player, I can, for example, date and play out Alexis' story even if I want to limit Erynn's influence. Or I can change my mind and date Layla halfway through. Writing a cohesive story to accommodate a player who wants to do these things is highly challenging.

Because these stories are released in pieces and evolve as reach release develops, there are many times I caught gaps in my own stories that are difficult to fill. I challenge anyone to do the same. That being said, choosing to focus and fill in Alexis' story, prior to fully telling the story of Erynn (or at least fleshing out a solid beginning), has impacted how Erynn is perceived. It also affects the impact of the story overall. While I can understand why others do have difficulty following the story, I do not see this as a problem.

Last edited:

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Anyone's favorite of this VN won't change Alexis having highest content amount.
See it all 'from begaining to this date', per character.
The story/VN not finnished, only time will show us 'if' or 'when' that 'may' or 'may not' change.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes