anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Then who's the guy in Adriana's house? We could only see back of him and i'm 90% sure it's him. If he's not their biodad than who is their real dad? Other explanation could be that Santi is their stepdad, although Lexi did call him "Dad". Now i don't know how role of stepdad functions in other countries but in my we don't call them dad or stepdad, we just call them by name so i took that perspective. Of course Lexi could call him dad out of respect or acceptance that he's her mom choice.
Adriana was Melissa's roommate at the time Emily got pregnant with MC, surely Melissa would have known that Adriana was in a relationship with, and had a kid with, Santi at that time. Also Alexis and Layla have the surname Monroe, which doesn't sound like the surname of Santi. It seems likely that Santi is with Gabi not Adriana (as we see from the picture) and the guy we see at Alexis' house wasn't Santi, but must be someone else important that Nyx is keeping the identity of secret for now.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Then who's the guy in Adriana's house? We could only see back of him and i'm 90% sure it's him. If he's not their biodad than who is their real dad? Other explanation could be that Santi is their stepdad, although Lexi did call him "Dad". Now i don't know how role of stepdad functions in other countries but in my we don't call them dad or stepdad, we just call them by name so i took that perspective. Of course Lexi could call him dad out of respect or acceptance that he's her mom choice.
If it's really him (and that's possible with Nyx), then it must be awkward for Gabi to work under Adriana.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
If it's really him (and that's possible with Nyx), then it must be awkward for Gabi to work under Adriana.
well Gabi is pissed at her husband no doubt, but I think it's a little bit far fetched that he is two timing it with another family

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Adriana was Melissa's roommate at the time Emily got pregnant with MC, surely Melissa would have known that Adriana was in a relationship with, and had a kid with, Santi at that time. Also Alexis and Layla have the surname Monroe, which doesn't sound like the surname of Santi. It seems likely that Santi is with Gabi not Adriana (as we see from the picture) and the guy we see at Alexis' house wasn't Santi, but must be someone else important that Nyx is keeping the identity of secret for now.
There's also that posibility that Nyx is introducing new male character. However i do think that's Santi. Now i'm not saying it's definitely him just i'm at least 90% sire it's him. Next to it is that picture itself. At the begining i thought as well that must be Gabi's husband however later on idea came up that he could also be some relative, cousin perhaps, because it's not that uncommon that people post pics on their walls with their relatives, friends and so on. And it really became confusing to me when i recently replayed game that i saw that pic of a married couple, or so it seams, at Gabi's place while at the same time we have this mistery male figure that to me looks like Santi. Of course i don't exclude that i'm wrong about this cause there must be explanation to all of this and if not in episode 10 then perhaps in future episodes will be resolved.

EmulatorB

Oct 8, 2022
There's also that posibility that Nyx is introducing new male character.
This. Just because the creator is using the same 3d model for a character only shown from behind, it doesn't mean they are the same person in the game. There's so much recycling going in these VNs; even some leads are the same, just look at Layla vs. Lisa (Rockstar) or AOA Jenny vs. (browned hair) Jane (Rockstar) not to mention that many MCs are lookalikes.

The same minor characters are spottable everywhere in the background. People think too much into this who's who.

Reactions: Benhy

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
This. Just because the creator is using the same 3d model for a character only shown from behind, it doesn't mean they are the same person in the game. There's so much recycling going in these VNs; even some leads are the same, just look at Layla vs. Lisa (Rockstar) or AOA Jenny vs. (browned hair) Jane (Rockstar) not to mention that many MCs are lookalikes.

The same minor characters are spottable everywhere in the background. People think too much into this who's who.
I think I saw the model of MC from this one as a side character in other games too

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
You probably have, this one uses the model of the MC from Being A Dik in the scene where MC picks Erynn up from college.
I'll have to check this out, I know this model gets his ass kicked by Victoria in the 1st chapter of City of Broken Dreamers. (at the bar, the idiot who tries her)

45Colt

Sep 27, 2020
Actually, Adriana was Emily's roommate at the time, as Melissa lived at home with her parents and Erynn opposed to living in the dorms. The scenes between Emily and Melissa in the dorms were all at Emily's dorm.

However, this has always given me questions, because if Erynn and Lexi are around the same age (given that they are in the same grade from at least high school on AND the game treats Erynn/Lexi as both having a similar age gap with the MC (around 2-ish years))... then that means the scenes we see of Adriana in the dorm, she is already a mother to Lexi.

Now, Adriana is displayed as not in the dorm often, but why maintain a dorm, where is Lexi when Adriana is at the dorm, is Adriana's current husband and the man that Lexi calls Dad actually Lexi's bio dad, and given that there are some loosely maintained connections between Adriana and Emily over the years...how does Emily not know that Alexis is Adriana's daughter.

These NPCs must not share any updates about each others lives when interacting for two people that roomed together in college to not make the shared connection over the years to "oh, I have a daughter, too, here is a picture, her name is Alexis" and Adriana must not have ever gone to Melissa's to pick up Lexi at the same time Melissa and Emily where hanging out. XD

This actually could add weight to Gabi and Adriana having a shared connection via their current husbands/who Alexis's dad is, given that we could potentially see about MC Santiago vs. Andres situation except as it relates to Lexi's bio vs. the person that raised her. In that, the importance of who Gabi's married to and that the MC slept with her could be that the MC slept with the MC's potential LI (Lexi Route)'s bio dad opposed to the other theory I see some pose on here about Gabi's husband being the MC's bio dad. I do also see this scenario of Gabi's husband being Lexi's bio dad as less likely than being MC's bio dad, though...mostly because I don't see Nyx reusing the same trick of bio vs. dad who raised them trick for both Lexi and MC.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
These NPCs must not share any updates about each others lives when interacting for two people that roomed together in college to not make the shared connection over the years to "oh, I have a daughter, too, here is a picture, her name is Alexis" and Adriana must not have ever gone to Melissa's to pick up Lexi at the same time Melissa and Emily where hanging out. XD
I saw it as the two of them being roommates but not necessarily close friends. Which translated into their lives now, plus they are both really busy. Emily is running at least two restaurants (IIRC) and Adriana is running a school, dealing with the district administration (which is often a nightmare of paperwork), and then raising two daughters. Who's to say they really run into each other very often?

Another reason for the characters not being aware of each other could be the fact that Alexis was supposed to just be a casual fuck that had the MC join the mile high club and then she'd be gone from the game. IIRC Nyx and the early players liked Alexis a lot so she was "wedged" into the game... Supposedly. I've no idea how difficult it has been to add in Alexis or if her "casualness" is true. Just what I remember from a while ago.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes