AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I feel like Nyx poured a bucket of cold water on me while I was sleeping... Seriously Layla my only reason not to drop this game after reading that... 2 years waiting for her

Reactions: soprano31
Feb 15, 2019

Unlocked
Progress Update - What's next? - Info

What's next? There are quite a few things to talk about. I hope I won't forget anything.
First something personal. I'll move to a different country in December (New job). Meaning with the move, the new job and the Holidays, I'll be busy and won't have that much time to focus on the next episode in December. I'll prepare part of the script, but the renders will be worked on after the Holidays. More info about Episode 11 below. This will also give me some time off the game because those lengthy episodes drain me.
So, what am I doing now? I spoiled it on Discord already last week (Work in Progress):

I'm finally working on the Replay Gallery! I'm still learning the how-to's and the what-not's, but I'm getting there.
Now a question for you. What scenes do you want in the gallery? Obviously, the sex scenes and nude scenes, but are there other scenes you want in there? Let me know in the comments or on .
Since I'm messing with the code anyway, I'm going to do a code overhaul for all episodes:
- Fix some stuff that will make it easier for me to code in the future.
- Adding new statements which I already needed but had to work around and that caused a lot of bugs.
- Re-evaluate certain points thresholds. For example, I don't like that you have to choose between Layla and Erynn very early on, without actually getting to know them. That will give you more scenes in the long run.
- Changing scenes and labels to make them easier to use in the gallery.
This will break ALL saves and you'll need to start a new game! I know, I know...
But to compensate a little bit, I won't wait to release the gallery and code changes until Episode 11 is finished. Once the changes are done, I'll release it, maybe even in December, at the least in January. That way, you'll have the time to create new saves before the next episode releases.

Also included in that update: Episode 1 will be re-rendered with better quality and some changes. (Spoiler pictures in weekly previews)
- Emily will have a new car
- Emily will have a new house (Bedroom/Kitchen/Living room,...
- Slight MC room changes (more to come in the future)
- Melissa will have a new house/backyard/pool
- scenes will have more detail, more people/cars on the streets
- The Monroes will get a huge house upgrade (Work in Progress. Don't need it for episode 1, but the changes will be seen in episode 11!)
- I want to change the look of the school, make it more modern looking from the outside but haven't found a good asset yet. If you know of a good asset of a building that can be used as a school, let me know.
Other episodes will be upgraded in between, whenever I have time to spare, but continuing the story and working on episode 11 has priority.
Episode 11 will be a shorter episode (At least I hope). It will include 2 days for now (Tuesday and Wednesday). Some scenes have been spoiled already in episode 10. For example, the Erynn photoshoot and the Layla hot tub party. Those 2 characters will probably have the focus in episode 11.
Zach is still on his family vacation. So, punching his face has to wait a little longer.
I'm not sure if all characters will get scenes. Maybe a cameo in another scene or a short phone call, but surely not every character will have a lengthy scene.
I think that's it? If not, you'll hear it next week.
Thank god for a replay gallery! I have 4 save pages saved to Lexi sex scenes and 3 for Nikki. But they're worth it.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
This will break ALL saves and you'll need to start a new game! I know, I know...
But to compensate a little bit, I won't wait to release the gallery and code changes until Episode 11 is finished. Once the changes are done, I'll release it, maybe even in December, at the least in January. That way, you'll have the time to create new saves before the next episode releases.
fuck me right? For the first time after chapter 10 I spent hours sorting out seven playthroughs for the different girls and now this? Can't say I'm happy...

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
A game still in development is being developed .... shocking news.

Stop fucking whining.
It's certainly a concept that is getting popular with these games as more and more developers decide to rework the game before it's actually finished. It's safe to say that it comes with the territory at this point. If DPC is next then, well, it will be something else...

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
It's certainly a concept that is getting popular with these games as more and more developers decide to rework the game before it's actually finished. It's safe to say that it comes with the territory at this point. If DPC is next then, well, it will be something else...
I remain firmly in the camp that says rework can wait until the game is done, because who knows what other tech advantage they'll have by the time it's done? Save all the remaster work for a post-completed sale.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's not being reworked, a few scenes are being altered and more added to early game to make sense of things later on.

It's not just that though, code changes and when code changes saves break. It happens. It happens to the big AAA companies and solo devs, it's just a thing that you deal with during development.

The amount of people that whine when they have to restart a game because saves are broken is beyond pathetic. If they want fully functional games and don't want to restart then they shouldn't be playing games still being developed and wait until they are finished.

Or, and I know this is asking a lot but i'm a hopeful girl, they should act like the adults they pretend to be and stop fucking whining.

When the women of the site complain less than the men you know shits gone wrong.

Worse yet is that some of those that whine about having to restart a game like it's the hardship of a lifetime are in other threads talking about how "alpha" they are and how they "fuck bitches" ..... assuming those bitches are their hands, anime bodypillows and fleshlights then sure, they pound those ho's.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The earlier episodes could get reworked (or whatever) without changing the variables, so saves would work, right? :HideThePain:
No because the code is being altered and saves rely on code to work. If they can't read the code they won't load.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
and before you mention "alpha",i never call women "bitches"
Then I obviously wasn't referring to you then, was I?

"Oh, I don't do the things she mentioned but i'll reply like it was aimed at me"

I would apologise that my post aimed at completely different people hurt your feelings for .... reasons but i'm still trying to wrap my head around why. Why my post aimed at the handful of people that complain about broken saves was taken as a man hating lesbian rant, that's the weirdest shit i've read.

Nevermind telling me to take a pill, I think you best stop taking them.

Nikki Klein

May 1, 2021
Now I've got what I'm doing on long winter evenings:coffee: Got you, thanks. Damn, 46 playthroughs with all possible choices made and scenes seen... Okay, Nyx, challenge accepted, you're the boss.

P.S. Avaron1974
Since Nyx's going to get the code altered for all episodes, could you do a good deed and remind her of the bugs that still are in the script of this episode (I've pictured them all right before the progress update post if you didn't see that). It'll help the process.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's not being reworked, a few scenes are being altered and more added to early game to make sense of things later on.

It's not just that though, code changes and when code changes saves break. It happens. It happens to the big AAA companies and solo devs, it's just a thing that you deal with during development.

The amount of people that whine when they have to restart a game because saves are broken is beyond pathetic. If they want fully functional games and don't want to restart then they shouldn't be playing games still being developed and wait until they are finished.

Or, and I know this is asking a lot but i'm a hopeful girl, they should act like the adults they pretend to be and stop fucking whining.

When the women of the site complain less than the men you know shits gone wrong.

Worse yet is that some of those that whine about having to restart a game like it's the hardship of a lifetime are in other threads talking about how "alpha" they are and how they "fuck bitches" ..... assuming those bitches are their hands, anime bodypillows and fleshlights then sure, they pound those ho's.
Yeah, no reason at all to understand that some of us have limited time and don't particularly like to spend the time we have to play these games doing the same game over and over again, with the same content, because the dev can't manage to keep the saves compatible.

FYI, it's not true that code changes will automatically lead to broken saves, that is just an excuse for devs who either don't have the knowledge of Ren'Py to keep the saves consistent, or they think it's too much work.
There are methods to rewrite the way Ren'Py asks for certain values, so that changes don't break the saves, and there are options to actually change and update the old save files so that they still work. Both methods are being used by devs here, I know at least one thread which deals with this topic, perfectly fine for any dev to find, if so inclined.

Now, I'm not saying saves can never be broken or that it isn't perfectly fine if it happens once or twice during development, but if you constantly break saves, with each update or every other update, then you are definitely doing something wrong.
Major overhaul of earlier chapters, fine. Introducing new mechanics in earlier chapters, fine, but just changing a few values in earlier chapters, so that fe. more affection points can be gained here or there or that events are obtainable with lower values in certain attributes, nope, not that easy to accept or understand.

Also, your argumentation that this also happens in AAA games is a bit of a straw man argument.
The nature of many of the games here is that they are basically episodic, they tell one part of the story after another, practically lending themselves to the existing system of story/content updates. They also have very little in terms of game mechanics, mostly just some form of attribute systems and a few minigames.
OTOH, AAA games have game mechanics up the wazoo and there are games where the story plays a very small part in terms of importance to the game-play loop.
Parts of these mechanics may be changed significantly, or be completely removed and replaced with others.
Of course, that would break saves.
Breaking the save games in episodic games like this one is way more like if a Telltale Game would break saves between the different chapters or something like "Life is Strange."
Another thing you have to keep in mind is that even today, most AAA games aren't being published and sold during development, if they did that and would then constantly break the save games, you can bet players would be pissed.
Devs here not only use subscribe star and patreon during development, exchanging game updates for the money they get there, they also fe. offer the games in episodes on steam.
The thing you could compare this with is games which are being released in Alpha state during development, like fe. Baldur's Gate 3. And "quelle surprise," many people have complained about constantly having to start over again in this and similar cases.

These are different animals, you can't just say it happens there as well, so suck it up.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Now I've got what I'm doing on long winter evenings:coffee: Got you, thanks. Damn, 46 playthroughs with all possible choices made and scenes seen... Okay, Nyx, challenge accepted, you're the boss.

P.S. Avaron1974
Since Nyx's going to get the code altered for all episodes, could you do a good deed and remind her of the bugs that still are in the script of this episode (I've pictured them all right before the progress update post if you didn't see that). It'll help the process.
Did those errors get fixed with the 10.2 release?

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
wow,

i have never heard such a complaining man-hating lesbian woman.
either you have so many pent-up feelings,or you urgently need to see a psychiatrist.
all you've been doing for years is lecturing everyone,or is that a right you get with years?

i am for equal rights,for lgbtq,i have lesbian and gay friends,
but i don't know anyone so surly as to always lecture the people.
calm down,take pills,go to therapy,but calm down.
and before you mention "alpha",i never call women "bitches",and i certainly don't need "fleslights"or bodypillows,
I've had enough relationships,but if i had such a surly ,complaining women in the house,
you would have been outside for a long time!!!

ps:you shouldn't answer this,i won't answer back anyway,it's just a gruff complaint.
calm down,take pills,take yoga,see a psychiatrist,but calm down.
No, I don't think it's hating men in particular, she's just a caustic and sarcastic being all around. :cool:
As long as she likes a game and the direction it takes, everyone complaining gets a verbal smackdown, but oy vey if she doesn't like something happening in a game, then of course it is okay to complain and whine.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No, I don't think it's hating men in particular, she's just a caustic and sarcastic being all around. :cool:
As long as she likes a game and the direction it takes, everyone complaining gets a verbal smackdown, but oy vey if she doesn't like something happening in a game, then of course it is okay to complain and whine.
Not even close to accurate.

People making dumb fuck posts get the sarcasm ... and those complaining about broken saves.

There is also very little I whine about. When I don't like a game, I move on. If something is bad enough, I leave a shitty review.

Yeah, no reason at all to understand that some of us have limited time and don't particularly like to spend the time we have to play these games doing the same game over and over again, with the same content, because the dev can't manage to keep the saves compatible.
These are games still being added to and altered. Still undergoing active development and not anywhere near a finished state.

If your time is that precious, wait until they are finished oooooor.....

suck it up.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
For all the people complaining when changes break saves. I'd like to enlighten y'all.

When you save in a Renpy game, it saves a pointer to the current statement that's executing (like loading a render, or putting a sentence on the screen).

If you add one single line to the code somewhere before the save, that pointer is misaligned, and when you load the save, it'll load one step backwards.

If you delete a whole lot of code before point where the save was done, when you reload it's gonna load much further down the code, and maybe there isn't even code there. Probably a good time for the game to crash.

But wait, there's more.

What if a new variable was added to the game, but it was added in a section before your save and then gets referenced after your save? Renpy doesn't like that. Crash!

Going back and changing existing code has an inherent potential to break saves. So does that mean a developer, who is in the middle of creating their game should never go back and fix things? No. That would be silly to expect a game to be perfect on the first pass.

There are ways to minimise the potential for these save breaking changes, but it requires experience and foresight. A lot of developers are cutting their teeth on these projects, learning along the way.

Now, you wouldn't play the game if you weren't enjoying it, and you wouldn't complain if you weren't playing the game. So at least the developer is creating a game you're enjoying.

So yeah, it's a pain in the ass to have to start again, but whatever.

Me? I already deleted this game, I think it's shit. :p

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Well, now Nyx implements drama not only to the story, but also to the RenPy code either....

For those saying "braking saves can happen for a game in progress": yes, it can. Especially in the first game of a developer. But it's imo a dick move doing that after more then two years of game developement. And also especially in a game where every damn choice is maybe braking your wanted playthrough with a li. We already had that (new game start after a major code change) in this game before in - I think - 0.6. Actually don't want to do that again (and again) for something I've actually played a long time ago (twice). And now I would even have to make other choices because some vars have changed and therefore the outcome changed now, too.

Well, the game is not bad, I still liked to play it. But I'm not that hardcore fan to start over again multiple times. Better for me now to stop and wait when it's (maybe) finished at some time.

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The fact that any reputable mod guy absolutely refuses to touch this game, no matter how many requests it gets should be proof enough her code is a mess and make people stop blindly white knighting, but apparently not. Remember the infamous jacuzzi scene that 99% of the people haven't ever seen? Now there are several scenes like that requiring people to have 100+ pages of saves at every single point, since 10 episodes later you might have to go back because your run is fucked...

I usually recommend people stay clear of walkthroughs and mods, especially if its 1st playthrough, well here I don't recommend playing the VN at all without one since only frustration awaits you. From the poorly emphasized choices, to tight point system that 8 episodes later will lock you completely from experiencing entire chain of events, to way too many opportunities to permanently break a relationship from the most innocuous mistakes such as 'not answering the phone' :eek: :eek: , but none so far to get you back in, to myriad of bugs, the game is full of questionable game design decisions that should have been left in the 2018 era of VNs.

Since I don't like ending on a sour note, may Elena do a split on your faces!

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017

Unlocked
Progress Update - What's next? - Info

What's next? There are quite a few things to talk about. I hope I won't forget anything.
First something personal. I'll move to a different country in December (New job). Meaning with the move, the new job and the Holidays, I'll be busy and won't have that much time to focus on the next episode in December. I'll prepare part of the script, but the renders will be worked on after the Holidays. More info about Episode 11 below. This will also give me some time off the game because those lengthy episodes drain me.
So, what am I doing now? I spoiled it on Discord already last week (Work in Progress):

I'm finally working on the Replay Gallery! I'm still learning the how-to's and the what-not's, but I'm getting there.
Now a question for you. What scenes do you want in the gallery? Obviously, the sex scenes and nude scenes, but are there other scenes you want in there? Let me know in the comments or on .
Since I'm messing with the code anyway, I'm going to do a code overhaul for all episodes:
- Fix some stuff that will make it easier for me to code in the future.
- Adding new statements which I already needed but had to work around and that caused a lot of bugs.
- Re-evaluate certain points thresholds. For example, I don't like that you have to choose between Layla and Erynn very early on, without actually getting to know them. That will give you more scenes in the long run.

Also included in that update: Episode 1 will be re-rendered with better quality and some changes. (Spoiler pictures in weekly previews)
- Emily will have a new car
- Emily will have a new house (Bedroom/Kitchen/Living room,...
- Slight MC room changes (more to come in the future)
- Melissa will have a new house/backyard/pool
- scenes will have more detail, more people/cars on the streets
- The Monroes will get a huge house upgrade (Work in Progress. Don't need it for episode 1, but the changes will be seen in episode 11!)
- I want to change the look of the school, make it more modern looking from the outside but haven't found a good asset yet. If you know of a good asset of a building that can be used as a school, let me know.
Other episodes will be upgraded in between, whenever I have time to spare, but continuing the story and working on episode 11 has priority.
Episode 11 will be a shorter episode (At least I hope). It will include 2 days for now (Tuesday and Wednesday). Some scenes have been spoiled already in episode 10. For example, the Erynn photoshoot and the Layla hot tub party. Those 2 characters will probably have the focus in episode 11.
Zach is still on his family vacation. So, punching his face has to wait a little longer.
I'm not sure if all characters will get scenes. Maybe a cameo in another scene or a short phone call, but surely not every character will have a lengthy scene.
I think that's it? If not, you'll hear it next week.
Actually i'm cool with all the changes Nyx mentiones. I don't have anything against reworks, if it will help her to speed up future development of this game and for me personaly it's not a big deal for replaying the game. Gallery is much welcomed so i don't nead to save all those hot scenes. Only downside is that i won't be able to punch Zach. Idk if you (Nyx) read it but best of luck.

4.40 star(s) 273 Votes