Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
The fact that any reputable mod guy absolutely refuses to touch this game, no matter how many requests it gets should be proof enough her code is a mess and make people stop blindly white knighting, but apparently not. Remember the infamous jacuzzi scene that 99% of the people haven't ever seen? Now there are several scenes like that requiring people to have 100+ pages of saves at every single point, since 10 episodes later you might have to go back because your run is fucked...

I usually recommend people stay clear of walkthroughs and mods, especially if its 1st playthrough, well here I don't recommend playing the VN at all without one since only frustration awaits you. From the poorly emphasized choices, to tight point system that 8 episodes later will lock you completely from experiencing entire chain of events, to way too many opportunities to permanently break a relationship from the most innocuous mistakes such as 'not answering the phone' :eek: :eek: , but none so far to get you back in, to myriad of bugs, the game is full of questionable game design decisions that should have been left in the 2018 era of VNs.

Since I don't like ending on a sour note, may Elena do a split on your faces!
KoGa3 is quite a reputable modder and provides the mod for this game...

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
The fact that any reputable mod guy absolutely refuses to touch this game, no matter how many requests it gets should be proof enough her code is a mess and make people stop blindly white knighting, but apparently not. Remember the infamous jacuzzi scene that 99% of the people haven't ever seen? Now there are several scenes like that requiring people to have 100+ pages of saves at every single point, since 10 episodes later you might have to go back because your run is fucked...

I usually recommend people stay clear of walkthroughs and mods, especially if its 1st playthrough, well here I don't recommend playing the VN at all without one since only frustration awaits you. From the poorly emphasized choices, to tight point system that 8 episodes later will lock you completely from experiencing entire chain of events, to way too many opportunities to permanently break a relationship from the most innocuous mistakes such as 'not answering the phone' :eek: :eek: , but none so far to get you back in, to myriad of bugs, the game is full of questionable game design decisions that should have been left in the 2018 era of VNs.

If it's all bad why do you play this game at all, just move on? If the game is a broken mess why bother? You complain here that you can't play this game without WT since certain scenes will be locked out. That's why most of the players suggest go for a single girl per play so you can get those scenes and avoid trouble of getting caught cheating. Jacuzzi scene i got with no trouble since i was strictly on Layla's route without the nead of a WT. You say that choices are poorly emphisized? I couldn't disagree more. Choices are clear as they can get. If you choose to ignore "Phone call" or "Stare at mom boobs" you can presume what consequences it will produce. And speaking of modders avoiding this game well MrBuBu and i personaly created WT for this game, written of course, so it doesn't mess up saves, game or what ever. If you know better why not create WT, mod or what ever you want yourself? Create the whole new game yourself since you're smarter than the rest of us here, without the bugs and other issues. I have every confdence in your abilities that you'll do far better job than some drama queen.

Reactions: LSC82

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

Yeah there are quite a few ways to lose paths.
I remember a Layla path, at the training camp and didn't push her down, which apparently ends her path. I mean, it doesn't make much sense and you don't even get any dialogue which would indicate that you are no longer on her route, took me quite a while to figure out where i choose the wrong choice....well after i noticed i'm not on her route anymore, which also took some time.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Then I obviously wasn't referring to you then, was I?

"Oh, I don't do the things she mentioned but i'll reply like it was aimed at me"

I would apologise that my post aimed at completely different people hurt your feelings for .... reasons but i'm still trying to wrap my head around why. Why my post aimed at the handful of people that complain about broken saves was taken as a man hating lesbian rant, that's the weirdest shit i've read.

Nevermind telling me to take a pill, I think you best stop taking them.
We all love you here. You were just spitting some facts and there was some splash damage as usual. If you weren't your normally caustic and abrasive self we would get worried and assume that your account got hacked.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Nikki Klein

May 1, 2021
Did those errors get fixed with the 10.2 release?
the bugs that still are in the script
I've edited some, and I think I can fix all of them, but that's what I want to see done in official bugfix from Nyx for all players, you know. At least I want Nyx to know about them, but I wonder if that makes sense now since she's decided to alter the code of all the episodes. I still think so.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
I remain firmly in the camp that says rework can wait until the game is done, because who knows what other tech advantage they'll have by the time it's done? Save all the remaster work for a post-completed sale.
I share the same sentiment. For example, I would enjoy if the DPC went to rework the first episodes of BaDIK after he finishes the game in 2040, but it's not something that is needed too.

It's not being reworked, a few scenes are being altered and more added to early game to make sense of things later on.

It's not just that though, code changes and when code changes saves break. It happens. It happens to the big AAA companies and solo devs, it's just a thing that you deal with during development.

The amount of people that whine when they have to restart a game because saves are broken is beyond pathetic. If they want fully functional games and don't want to restart then they shouldn't be playing games still being developed and wait until they are finished.

Or, and I know this is asking a lot but i'm a hopeful girl, they should act like the adults they pretend to be and stop fucking whining.

When the women of the site complain less than the men you know shits gone wrong.

Worse yet is that some of those that whine about having to restart a game like it's the hardship of a lifetime are in other threads talking about how "alpha" they are and how they "fuck bitches" ..... assuming those bitches are their hands, anime bodypillows and fleshlights then sure, they pound those ho's.
It's certainly being reworked in some capacity, and it sets the precedent for more, either way, it doesn't matter. The game will change and saves will be bricked. People are allowed to share their frustration towards this and it's not like there hasn't been games that stagnated due to things like this, so it's understandable the reaction of many in here.

Aside from that, I believe there might be something wrong with you. It looks like you have lost your cool over nothing, really. This a forum, if you don't want people to share their thoughts, then you are in the wrong place. Seriously, take a chill pill. It's not that deep.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Aside from that, I believe there might be something wrong with you. It looks like you have lost your cool over nothing, really. This a forum, if you don't want people to share their thoughts, then you are in the wrong place. Seriously, take a chill pill. It's not that deep.
It's a constant.

This things over broken saves happens constantly and if i've said it once i've said it ... a lot more times, if something breaking and forcing a restart is going to anger people enough to rage quit a game then they should not be playing games still in development.

They aren't "episodic", they aren't feature complete and things are subject to change.

It's more like early access than anything. People get to play a game as it develops but things can and likely will change causing broken saves.

Imagine for a second, watching a family playing Monopoly and one of the kids lands on a siblings hotel and has to pay their last bit of money. Rather than pay they flip the board and shout "i'm not playing no more"...... That's pretty much what I see when I see people yelling about rage quitting over broken saves.

Sure, people are absolutely entitled to their opinion.

And i'm entitled to think their opinion is dumb as fuck.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Your comparison is stupid. Moreover, you're clearly the one bitter the most here. I'm yet to see someone getting this worked up over this matter aside from you. Mf really woke up today and went "I'm going to lose my shit for Nyx now."
You keep replaying and dodging the point like it's trying to collect a debt.....

Nothing to do with Nyx and this isn't the only thread i've brought this topic up.

I also think we've well established the broken save complaining irks me. Well done for pointing it out in 2 replies Captain Obvious.

If you're just going to keep repeating what we all already fucking know, this is going to be a really long day.

I don't know how difficult it is to accept that she screwed up
Mainly because not all of us agree on that point.

Some of us know these games are still being developed and things can and will change and saves can and will break.

Some of you have a hard time grasping the obvious.

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
It's a constant.

This things over broken saves happens constantly and if i've said it once i've said it ... a lot more times, if something breaking and forcing a restart is going to anger people enough to rage quit a game then they should not be playing games still in development.

They aren't "episodic", they aren't feature complete and things are subject to change.

It's more like early access than anything. People get to play a game as it develops but things can and likely will change causing broken saves.

Imagine for a second, watching a family playing Monopoly and one of the kids lands on a siblings hotel and has to pay their last bit of money. Rather than pay they flip the board and shout "i'm not playing no more"...... That's pretty much what I see when I see people yelling about rage quitting over broken saves.

Sure, people are absolutely entitled to their opinion.

And i'm entitled to think their opinion is dumb as fuck.
Why even care of broken saves. use start new game on auto forward zero out time between renders until you get to your part you left off at.
or use skip and it will stop at any place that is not of the prescient memory so you can see what changed. or the text that was altered to correct the path choice that you made.
whole game takes no time to play this way and you don't truly miss anything.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
or use skip and it will stop at any place that is not of the prescient memory so you can see what changed. or the text that was altered to correct the path choice that you made.
whole game takes no time to play this way and you don't truly miss anything.
if the script was changed, skipping might not work

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I don't have a problem with a save being broken, the problem is that if you like a girl and for some reason you made a mistake in a decision, you can close that girl's branch thanks to the beautiful code that this game has... And remember each decision to make in these almost 3 years is impossible...

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Mainly because not all of us agree on that point.

Some of us know these games are still being developed and things can and will change and saves can and will break.

Some of you have a hard time grasping the obvious.
it's one thing to release and update sayig "sorry I changed the script and you'll have to restart" like Nine did in Mythos versus coming out of the gate DURING development timeand forcingplayers to restart

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Here's my probably poor comparison how i feel about that (Avaron will probably scold me to the ground, too...):

For me, it's like watching a series. But after 10 episodes, most eagerly waiting for the new one, a message from the producer: "Great news! I have now made new credits! Hope you like it! One little thing about it: I had to rework all the old episodes therefore a little bit, too. And these revised episodes will be shown now by the network before you can watch new ones. Hope you like that, have fun!"

It works if you check "Skip > Unseen Text" in the preferences
That of course works - but do you know all the right choices you made years ago? Even knowing if you fuck up one choice your route is most likely also fucked up? Probably not.

PeraDrnda

Nov 20, 2019
Other episodes will be upgraded in between, whenever I have time to spare ...
what that means for a dev "time to spare" :unsure: ? it's obvious that time between updates will go up :( .

I'll release it, maybe even in December, at the least in January.
imho she's way too optimistic in terms of finishing reworked episode 10 so fast. also, no guarantees that rework will be less buggy.

4.40 star(s) 273 Votes