Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Well, it happened at a time when they already had started to drift apart because of the age gap. And she was rather surprised when she met the MC at the bar. She seemed pretty upset when he left her and went with Layla.

Obviously we're all going to have differing views, I just think that it makes sense for her not to fixate on that moment in time. What makes less sense is how she now sees the MC as a future husband...
Yeah i can see that and i think she was more upset that she had to find out he was back by random chance then that he left with Layla. Everyone will view it their own way just stating my thought process about it. And agreed her behaviour is throwing up red flags and hinting at something dark and sinister to me at least. Again hoping thats not the case.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Maybe her weird behaviour and obsession with the MC is her way of flirting. She's just not good at it. Could be that she never had to because of her looks and most people flirted with her. Maybe she's awkward...
Just a thought though.
a thought i do like but until im sure she doesn't have a doll with the mc face and hair im not gonna sit to comfortably i wouldn't put anything past you you sadistic fuck

mike11

Jun 10, 2017
i dont know about anybody else but i am going to keep trying to hook up with Melissa. If the game never goes that way it will be a huge dissapointment lol.

Reactions: MadCore

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That last might have been true if she herself would not react that weird to MC, did not have had a strong connection with MC before and did not have had 5 years to get in contact with him if she had wanted to.

As his friend it might have made some sense to want to talk with him after, at least once even if she was 15. It is not like MC had been swallowed by the Earth and she could not get his contact details. If it did not even flashed her mind once that could be nice thing to do, well even if she was 15 yo that does not paint her as a nice person. Now there can be all good and nice explanations in story why that did not happen that we will learn in the future or that MC blocked her from meeting her someway that would change that picture. Now anyway all that does not mean MC reacted great to what happened, agreed. If we give Erynn a pass for being 15 though, a 12 yo MC that was emotionally hurt and bullied for trying to open up about his feelings for sure deserves a pass:p
I am hoping that Nyx explains why they never had contact... Perhaps we will hear about how he blocked her or refused to talk to her just like he did to his mom. It is my number one question. All these people: Zach, Erynn, Emily, Melissa (anyone else from his past 5 years ago) had ways to talk to him but didn't.. So it would be great to see some explanation for it. In return I would like to see some connection to the MC's friends he made while he was living with his dad. The only thing we've seen is the 2 (?) weeks he spent with his future step family. Of course that is asking a lot of Nyx so I am trying to temper my expectations.

We do know though she was stupid enough to stay around and go to prom with bully Ethan and that she does not seem to be very happy with how her life turned out and has some weird crush on MC nowadays.
Well, as I said, maybe she just didn't see it in the same way. But also Ethan could have manipulated her into going with him. He could have isolated her in high school from other people too...

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Maybe her weird behaviour and obsession with the MC is her way of flirting. She's just not good at it. Could be that she never had to because of her looks and most people flirted with her. Maybe she's awkward...
Just a thought though. What do I know... Wait a minute ...
Now you are just trolling and that is mean. :p

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
I am hoping that Nyx explains why they never had contact... Perhaps we will hear about how he blocked her or refused to talk to her just like he did to his mom. It is my number one question. All these people: Zach, Erynn, Emily, Melissa (anyone else from his past 5 years ago) had ways to talk to him but didn't.. So it would be great to see some explanation for it. In return I would like to see some connection to the MC's friends he made while he was living with his dad. The only thing we've seen is the 2 (?) weeks he spent with his future step family. Of course that is asking a lot of Nyx so I am trying to temper my expectations.

Well, as I said, maybe she just didn't see it in the same way. But also Ethan could have manipulated her into going with him. He could have isolated her in high school from other people too...
do we know when he got a phone that might be why he never had contact after he moved away

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
do we know when he got a phone that might be why he never had contact after he moved away
I would be fairly sure his dad at least had a landline so even without a mobile there was a way to get in touch with the MC, hell even snail mail would have been a possibility.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
If it talks like crazy, acts like crazy it is crazy, even if has a good reason like being awkward. :p Still interested how it all hangs together and what are the reasons for it all. Just for now the feeling is a good therapist might make great money in your game world anyway, starting with MC. :p

Now to make Erynn really likable to me instead of tragic or unlikable after the ground work that you laid, you have your work cut out at the moment. That does not mean you will fail though. :)

Reactions: Valeck and Hulktim

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

True, they are all intertwined and knew his mom, so they should have been able to get his address so could have sent at least a letter or such or called. :) Well maybe MC was institutionalized for a while, but yeah it is one of things I wonder about as well.

Yeah that last is for sure an option, in a way I referred to that with Erynn missing that big sign Ethan was an asshole and that would be a path with Erynn as the tragic heroine and MC white knighting I referred earlier to. :)

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Yeah what do you know? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I think I'll believe wise and smart random people than a dev who might put a psycho into the game.
And Nyx do you have discord server? I'm too old (inside) to talk in many places.

Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
If it talks like crazy, acts like crazy it is crazy, even if has a good reason like being awkward. :p Still interested how it all hangs together and what are the reasons for it all. Just for now the feeling is a good therapist might make great money in your game world anyway, starting with MC. :p

Now to make Erynn really likable to me instead of tragic or unlikable after the ground work that you laid, you have your work cut out at the moment. That does not mean you will fail though. :)
Well there's going to be 2 endings. I told MrFriendly about it already.

- Either MC will join a monastery
- Or he'll end up in a psych ward with nurse Ratchet (That was your favourite right? MrFriendly

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
I would be fairly sure his dad at least had a landline so even without a mobile there was a way to get in touch with the MC, hell even snail mail would have been a possibility.
if no 1 knew the number and if his dad had no contact with his mom and what teens or kids do you know who send mail

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

- Or he'll end up in a psych ward with nurse Ratchet (That was your favourite right? MrFriendly
Well hard to say what is worse, but yeah I could very well see him race to the airport and take first plane that takes him at least a 1000 miles away from that hometown to debauch into a two weeks stupor of drunkenness at end game to slowly try to rebuild his life in a more healthy environment after and change his name to make sure nobody will ever find him again from his old hometown. :p

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
if no 1 knew the number and if his dad had no contact with his mom and what teens or kids do you know who send mail
Well mom would kind of have to know the dads number otherwise she shipped her son off to him without him knowing and she knew his friends so they could ask her for it. Some people still write letters not many but some. Also mom would know the address too cause what parent in their right mind would ship a kid off with no prior advisement to the recieving parent and no way to contact them at all....

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

No, no, no... Monastery is definitely the way to go.. Otherwise we will be begging Erynn to reenact Misery with us!

I don't have a discord just yet. Never used it. I will look into it once I have some time and set something up.
As always Nyx, I am happy to help. Anything you need (within reason). :)

4.40 star(s) 273 Votes