LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Ethan in particular is the villain of the game, so he is designed to be a huuuuge prick, he's essentially Harvey Weinstein jr blackmailing employees to have sex with them.

Throwing Andres under the bus and making Zach the worst friend ever, with no redeemable qualities whatsoever, is in my opinion too heavy handed however.
Plus minor characters (Darryl, Lucas) also being just one dimensional pricks.

Even the best guy around, John, left Melissa preggo and kinda ghosted her without saying goodbye lol.
I'm sure this can be explained/hand waved in a variety of ways, but if he cared a little more there's a problem that could've been avoided completely.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Still hope Nathan comes back in some capacity and helps us kick Zack's face into oblivion, not that we need him for that, but still, at least Nathan is as great a sidekick as one could be in the game.
Nathan is the most likeable he should be there to beat the shit out of Zack but not sure if I want val to meet him :ROFLMAO:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Call me crazy but i vote for a dark route to be created... choices damage MC relationship with the girls but why it doesn't damage the girls themselves
Turn their life into different way
Like: Erynn submitting to Ethan
Alexis hooking up with Mc ends Erynn and Alexis friendship forever...not temporarily
As long as it damages the MC, too, I don't mind, and yeah, that would be the perfect platform for such consequences to happen.

Reactions: mnotwoke

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Nathan is the most likeable he should be there to beat the shit out of Zack but not sure if I want val to meet him :ROFLMAO:
Honestly, if on Val's path, not scared one bit she'd commit.

Someone like Nikki, on the other hand, not sure... (for example, given the last update scene at the beach)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Darkwen

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Honestly, if on Val's path, not scared one bit she'd commit.

Someone like Nikki, on the other hand, not sure... (for example, given the last update scene at the beach)
I trust Nikki, not sure how much you can trust a girl that openly talks to her mom about making out with a guy on second thought that might be a good thing

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Val is written to be that kind of girl who is cool (why cuz she is the developer herself sure she want to make herself the coolest girl)and giving u the bad girl vibe who can handle herself...she seems too good to be true not that likeable for me
Then i take it back!!:FacePalm:
Val is NO Longer my favorite character!!:HideThePain:
jk :KEK:

AFAIK, the "self-insert" thing was an assumption that people made because of Nyx's avatar name and profile pic on these boards (before it got deleted). I don't think Nyx has ever confirmed or denied that it was a self insert, but I'm not sure about it. Nyx has a history of bullshitting people and letting them run with their assumptions. I don't even think that she (or he) has ever even confirmed his or her gender but people just got used to saying "she" because of the profile pic and feminine sounding "NyxValeria" as the profile name.

Immediately after the NyxValeria account was deleted after some drama, the distinctly less feminine sounding "Crios" account was created that only posts on this board, writes in a similar manner as the NyxValeria user, and has oddly specific insider info. So every assumes it is just Nyx's lurker account whatever they say. Point is, you have to be careful when running with forum lore about Nyx. It's generally better to assume most of it is bullshit unless proven otherwise.

OrangePotato21

Jan 4, 2023
I'm pretty sure that she confirmed several times on her discord that the character of Valeria was created after her.
As for her gender, I think it's rude to discuss that topic at all, it's completely irrelevant - what matters is the quality of the novel itself. But when that topic has already been raised, the way the novel is written and its characters are enough for me not to doubt the gender of the author.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
sorry a little off topic. just stuff from another game I don't know why I thought it appropriate to post here :WaitWhat:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This character is a bit temperamental and easy to anger :unsure:

AFAIK, the "self-insert" thing was an assumption that people made because of Nyx's avatar name and profile pic on these boards (before it got deleted). I don't think Nyx has ever confirmed or denied that it was a self insert, but I'm not sure about it. Nyx has a history of bullshitting people and letting them run with their assumptions. I don't even think that she (or he) has ever even confirmed his or her gender but people just got used to saying "she" because of the profile pic and feminine sounding "NyxValeria" as the profile name.

Immediately after the NyxValeria account was deleted after some drama, the distinctly less feminine sounding "Crios" account was created that only posts on this board, writes in a similar manner as the NyxValeria user, and has oddly specific insider info. So every assumes it is just Nyx's lurker account whatever they say. Point is, you have to be careful when running with forum lore about Nyx. It's generally better to assume most of it is bullshit unless proven otherwise.
Nyx repeatedly made the fact that she is a woman known when she hung around here, she was interviewed in a official capacity and aswered as a woman.
If someone new to the thread would refer to the dev as a "he" she would correct them.
Also no other Dev cares so much about changing hairstyles of it's characters, woman status 100% confirmed lol.

I don't use discord so i can't help you there and she essentially left(officially) right after Valeria's first appearance, so not much official info here.
She did change her avatar to Val upon the characters introduction... and the name.

Val (the character) is kinda dull to me(i'm hearing the angry boos from the fanbase already), thus far.
She's "cool chick" often wearing a beanie and quirky shirts and just integrates super easily, not enough for me to get invested.

Call me crazy but i vote for a dark route to be created... choices damage MC relationship with the girls but why it doesn't damage the girls themselves
Turn their life into different way
Like: Erynn submitting to Ethan
Alexis hooking up with Mc ends Erynn and Alexis friendship forever...not temporarily
Depending on your actions Erynn submitting might've already happened.
And there's still hope for fireworks when you play both Erynn and Alexis routes.

That's the kind of drama i liked best, it's been a bit forgotten lately.
The Alexis vs Layla closed already and without much fanfare.
Erynn vs Alexis is still a possibility.
Anyone vs Nikki/Cara.
Iris can throw a monkey wrench into things.

Last edited:

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Also no other Dev cares so much about changing hairstyles of it's characters, woman status 100% confirmed lol.
That is true. A very valid point. That and I do agree that all the male characters - even the more protagonist-aligned ones - are written in a way that they have all dicked over a female character at some point. So I'm sensing a certain undertone of low expectations. I think the only male character that isn't either absentee, unfaithful, abusive, or who hasn't left a woman while she was preggers is probably Coach Mike. But then again, he did get divorced for a reason.

Last edited:

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
That is true. A very valid point. That and I do agree that all the male characters - even the more protagonist-aligned ones - are written in a way that they have all dicked over a female character at some point. So I'm sensing a certain undertone of low expectations. I think the only male character that isn't either absentee, unfaithful, abusive, or who hasn't left a woman while she was preggers is probably Coach Mike. But then again, he did get divorced for a reason.
The coach's daughters didn't even know where he worked, they also didn't contact their father about going to the city he lives in... score another "fantastic" family relationship for the dads of Intertwined lol.

I am sure Ethan did nothing to Erynn for now and I am wishing for a dark route cuz why not...have different outcome
Instead of the only outcome that Ethan will be "defeated" why not he "wins" but that will never happen and MC will be forced to help when things get out of control
There's a path he brags about getting Erynn... was that a lie? Who knows...
In that path he doesn't beat the MC up or shows the sex tape, he's just enjoying himself and decides to rub it in... didn't feel like a lie to me, but maybe he is just that much of an evil bastard.
Maybe Nyx should include a scene where you witness from afar Erynn and Ethan hanging out as "proof".

The other thing about him is wether he fucked Alexis, i'm leaning towards this one being a lie because he had the perfect opportunity to rub this in when his goons were holding the MC but he said nothing of the sort.
Wasted opportunity, i think this one would really test the relationship... but it would also cause anger in the streets lol.

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
Intertwined Mirror Scenes, Repetition and Variation Techniques

Like elements of poetry, music and film, in this AVN, it appears that Nyx likes to repeat scenes, actions, locations and characters with obvious or subtle variations. These variations can be redundant at their worst, but at their best, allows the player to make narrative connections, compare and contrast, and emphasize character and relationship development.

For example, for the Layla and/or Elena paths, there are two important beach scenes.

The first beach scene is key in advancing the MC's relationship with Layla and hints at Elena's interest in him.

Beach 01 Layla-Elena.jpg

The second beach scene, Layla is not present, but casts a shadow over the MC and Elena in their conversation. This scene can advance the MC's relationship with Elena further. We also learn more about Elena as a person, about her family, and the economic gap between Layla's life and Elena's life.

Beach 02 Layla-Elena.jpg

The actions that repeat in variations from both scenes are:

1A) The MC tossing around Layla and Elena in the water.

Beach 01 Layla-Elena Toss Around.jpg

This action can advance the MC's relationship with Layla and Elena.

1B) The MC tossing around Elena's brothers in the water.

Beach 02 Layla-Elena Toss Around.jpg

Beach 02.1 Layla-Elena Toss Around.jpg

This action can advance the MC's relationship further with Elena. Elena watches the MC play with her brothers with amusement, but it also shows Elena the responsible and unselfish side of the MC. Elena's attraction for him grows even further.

This also repeats with action and visual variations, Elena - with similar emotions - watching the MC play with her brothers for the first time, in their backyard.

Beach 02.1 Elena Backyard Play.jpg

Beach 02.2 Elena Backyard Play.jpg

2A.1) The double kiss of Layla and Elena on the MC before parting ways. Layla kisses the MC goodbye
but is suprised when Elena does the same.

Beach 01 Layla-Elena Double Kiss.jpg

2A.2) This double kiss is repeated at the track meet before the MC's race, with a more emboldened Elena showing more obvious affection for the MC.

Track Meet 01 Layla-Elena Double Kiss.jpg

2A.3) During the truth or dare game, the double kiss is developed further with Elena asks Layla's permission and the MC to
participate in the three-way kiss dare. During the three-way kiss you can choose to focus on either lady or not.

Track Meet 01 Layla-Elena Triple Kiss.jpg

2B) Elena's solo double kiss on the MC before parting ways. After the second kiss, she says, "That's one's for me." Was the first kiss for Layla or for the MC taking care of Elena's brothers? There's no Layla for the first kiss this time. Elena has the MC all to her lips.

Photo Collage Maker_2023_02_11_06_46_46.jpg

Other scenes that reference the first Layla-Elena beach scene are more examples of the game's visual, narrative and character patterns.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes