wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
actually june 31st.

well if 1 dev's story is believed then patreon is against night harass scenes and wouldn't fit to story anyways.
Not that kind of scenes... I meant any with a different time of day and another lighting...a romantic walk at sunset, for example, or at night

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Not that kind of scenes... I meant any with a different time of day and another lighting...a romantic walk at sunset, for example, or at night
well possible but we'll see. those are bit pain in ass to do since needs to do lighting properly aka not too dark or too bright.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: wizardcock

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
some music would be great here. i love this game, play it alot but always have to fire up music while playing. but of course it would depend on the music. i might not like what they add so i would mute it if that were the case. for example, i love the music from BADIK. that music has a lot of variety and kick ass songs. that kind of music would be great here.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
some music would be great here. i love this game, play it alot but always have to fire up music while playing. but of course it would depend on the music. i might not like what they add so i would mute it if that were the case. for example, i love the music from BADIK. that music has a lot of variety and kick ass songs. that kind of music would be great here.
there is a music mod from KoGa3 in the OP... it's not like it's integrated into the game and all but it's something to listen to at least

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
I mean it's not like the setting/atmosphere of the game favors a specific type of music, like Cyberpunk and Synthwave or something. You can use a standard pop playlist and it fits. I'd rather the dev focuses on moving the plot forward and not spend time handpicking songs.

As for other sound sfx, would be nice I guess but not really a priority either imo.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I mean it's not like the setting/atmosphere of the game favors a specific type of music, like Cyberpunk and Synthwave or something. You can use a standard pop playlist and it fits. I'd rather the dev focuses on moving the plot forward and not spend time handpicking songs.

As for other sound sfx, would be nice I guess but not really a priority either imo.
I agree. What's more, all those music licenses are unnecessarily expensive, and with that money she can buy some rare assets for our girls' clothes or something. And free music... well... I think it will only make the atmosphere here worse, it's more like an annoying background.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I agree. What's more, all those music licenses are unnecessarily expensive, and with that money she can buy some rare assets for our girls' clothes or something. And free music... well... I think it will only make the atmosphere here worse, it's more like an annoying background.
Respectfully disagree. I mean you are correct- I'm aware they're quite expensive - licensing audio is often way more than licensing video or other media... but as I've lobbied for in the past; don't underestimate the impact a fitting soundtrack has on the overall game. BaD, LoF, COBD, and others have their success in no small part to their soundtracks. Without sound games can end up feeling lifeless, even with the most gorgeous artwork, it feels kinda robotic.

And as for the setting dictating an audio style - that's up to the dev/artist to determine; often the audio style determines while the setting follows. The game could certainly feel very different given two different soundtracks.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Respectfully disagree. I mean you are correct- I'm aware they're quite expensive - licensing audio is often way more than licensing video or other media... but as I've lobbied for in the past; don't underestimate the impact a fitting soundtrack has on the overall game. BaD, LoF, COBD, and others have their success in no small part to their soundtracks. Without sound games can end up feeling lifeless, even with the most gorgeous artwork, it feels kinda robotic.

And as for the setting dictating an audio style - that's up to the dev/artist to determine; often the audio style determines while the setting follows. The game could certainly feel very different given two different soundtracks.
As mentioned above, in intertwined no specific or rare setting, which should be supplemented with appropriate music (such as desert stalker or cobd).And this game has found success even without music after all.
Well, the music tends to strongly influence and associate it when you first play the game and hear this music. Old players of this game will not have that ( as for example The Friday Prophets are associated with being a dik ..etc)
But you're right in that the music gives the game more of a sense of life. I guess some sort of balance is important and my approach was purely rational, which isn't always true either. Maybe she'll find a couple of tracks that are very fitting. We'll see.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes