cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I agree. What's more, all those music licenses are unnecessarily expensive, and with that money she can buy some rare assets for our girls' clothes or something. And free music... well... I think it will only make the atmosphere here worse, it's more like an annoying background.
they don't need clothes more than bikinis/lingeries.

• Haha
Reactions: wizardcock

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
I mean it's not like the setting/atmosphere of the game favors a specific type of music, like Cyberpunk and Synthwave or something. You can use a standard pop playlist and it fits. I'd rather the dev focuses on moving the plot forward and not spend time handpicking songs.

As for other sound sfx, would be nice I guess but not really a priority either imo.
you play this with backstreet boys in the background, admit it

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Whether or not the music contributes to the VN depends largely on the skill of the creator. Just like scoring a movie then need to know what scenes need musical accompaniment and which scenes need to be silent. Having the same musical loop going the entire game like you are playing Super Mario Brothers is unlikely to add much to the story no matter how much it slaps. However, even a song that isn't that good can add to a scene if it is used judiciously. I absolutely hate that "Tricky" song from "Being a Dik" but in the scene at the library where you have to choose between two girls I'm forced to admit that it is affecting and that it fits the emotion of the scene. At the end of Acting Lessons when Red Is The Rose started playing I was incredulous, but the Irishman within me couldn't help but tear up a bit and have a craving for some whiskey. All this being said, some people will always have a preference for playing a VN in silent mode and scoring the game is probably wasted on them. Fortunately, Renpy is designed to accommodate them.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
All this being said, some people will always have a preference for playing a VN in silent mode and scoring the game is probably wasted on them. Fortunately, Renpy is designed to accommodate them.
Correct, because music is a crutch for VNs, just like high-quality graphics in PC games in general are. If a game is good, it can be ugly as shit, but it'll still be fun. In a VN, if the writer is trying to impart certain feelings, that should be supported by the writing, without needing any music to try and shift my mood for it. I rank it just above laugh tracks in obnoxious wasted effort. If you have to tell me something was funny, it wasn't funny. I play VNs in total silence and there are a handful that tug at the heart perfectly well without some sappy garbage playing. I'll kick back and enjoy it while I have some Rammstein or ABBA going, thanks.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Correct, because music is a crutch for VNs, just like high-quality graphics in PC games in general are. If a game is good, it can be ugly as shit, but it'll still be fun. In a VN, if the writer is trying to impart certain feelings, that should be supported by the writing, without needing any music to try and shift my mood for it. I rank it just above laugh tracks in obnoxious wasted effort. If you have to tell me something was funny, it wasn't funny. I play VNs in total silence and there are a handful that tug at the heart perfectly well without some sappy garbage playing. I'll kick back and enjoy it while I have some Rammstein or ABBA going, thanks.
Not wrong. Like for me when it comes to games that have animations. Is it really needed to show the point that we are bang? Not really.

That said, I do think that for some VNs, like Eternum and City of Broken Dreamers, the music works really well to kind set the tone and scene and sometimes makes the characters rememberable. For example, everytime I hear Sacreligious on my playlist I can't help but smile and think about a certain Chaundra and the fun times I had with her.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
To me music is anoying element of these type of games. Every game i downloaded from this site i instantly muted. About the game itself i'm really glad this game finaly have gallery. This is probably first remaster i actually like. Didn't play this game for a couple of months. Today i reminded myself why Zach is a moron that deserves to be a punch bag. Screw Ethan but man i can't wait to get my hands on that 'tard.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
whenever I see mel, I just start
you are my fiiiireeeee
the one deeesiiiireeee
I had written fan novel here about Mel. It involves John (Iris's and Erynn's dad), Emily and Eryn. So here goes :

Em - Mel let me introduce you my new boyfriend John.

Mel - You bitch that is my EX!! (Fine two can play that game). Em i'm dating your son!!

Erynn - MOOM, WHAAT!?

Em - You wouldn't!?

MC - Mom let me tell you a story...

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
wish there was an easter egg that if you punch him a 1000 times Intertwined becomes a harem type game so you don't need so many saves :ROFLMAO:
there is... you kill him and go to jail and your harem is made up of jamal´s and juan´s who treat you like a queen...

I had written fan novel here about Mel. It involves John (Iris's and Erynn's dad), Emily and Eryn. So here goes :

Em - Mel let me introduce you my new boyfriend John.

Mel - You bitch that is my EX!! (Fine two can play that game). Em i'm dating your son!!

Erynn - MOOM, WHAAT!?

Em - You wouldn't!?

MC - Mom let me tell you a story...
a bit on the short side but i do enjoy the broader strokes...
now elaborate on how Mel will tell Emily how she is gona fuck the shit out of her son
and make him addicted to her pussy!
and have Erynn go blush red and just go
Erynn: "herm sorry i need to go to the toillet!"
Lexxi: but you just went
Erynn: i need to do something else in there!
Lexxi: bitch i do not need to know when you are taking a shit!
Erynn: i am gonna go masturbate thinking about the MC and my mom!
Lexxi: you perv... i will use the upstairs bathroom!
John: i am... gona go set up a webcam on Mel´s room and watch it later!
EM: wtf you bunch of pervs perving over my sweet innocent little boy?
John: so you are not in? cause Layla and Elena said they are!
Iris: count me and Erynn dad!
John: herm Iris i need to tell you something about Erynn!
Iris: fuck you better not have fucked her, i already licked that pussy clean!
John: fuck... you licked your own sisters pussy?
iris: wtf? she is my sister?
Erynn: wtf she is my sister?
Lexxi: i knew you were a freak in bed Erynn but Incest really?
Lexxi: 1st nechrophilia and now incest?
Erynn: when did i practiced necrophilia?
Lexxi: you told me you played dead when Zack humped you in exchange for the tape!
EM: shut up shut up shut up, nobody is masturbating thinking about my little boy!
Iris: you do not get to tell me who i masturbate to!
Lexxi: yeahhh its a free country and women get to flick their beans at whoever they choose to flick their beans!
Erynn: do not tell my sister to shut up!
John: girls do not talk to my girlfriend and your future stepmom like that!
Mel: jerk! do not tell my girls what to do!
John: its just one of them!
Mel: who is iris mother John?
iris: yeah dad who did you fucked over to get me?
John: ok ok Iris mother is.... (Whatever Valeria´s mother name is!)

Also... nobody liked my soundtrack of gregorian monks singing a capella to play interwined at?
i find it healing!

Last edited:

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
there is... you kill him and go to jail and your harem is made up of jamal´s and juan´s who treat you like a queen...

a bit on the short side but i do enjoy the broader strokes...
now elaborate on how Mel will tell Emily how she is gona fuck the shit out of her son
and make him addicted to her pussy!
and have Erynn go blush red and just go
Erynn: "herm sorry i need to go to the toillet!"
Lexxi: but you just went
Erynn: i need to do something else in there!
Lexxi: bitch i do not need to know when you are taking a shit!
Erynn: i am gonna go masturbate thinking about the MC and my mom!
Lexxi: you perv... i will use the upstairs bathroom!
John: i am... gona go set up a webcam on Mel´s room and watch it later!
EM: wtf you bunch of pervs perving over my sweet innocent little boy?
John: so you are not in? cause Layla and Elena said they are!
Iris: count me and Erynn dad!
John: herm Iris i need to tell you something about Erynn!
Iris: fuck you better not have fucked her, i already licked that pussy clean!
John: fuck... you licked your own sisters pussy?
iris: wtf? she is my sister?
Erynn: wtf she is my sister?
Lexxi: i knew you were a freak in bed Erynn but Incest really?
Lexxi: 1st nechrophilia and now incest?
Erynn: when did i practiced necrophilia?
Lexxi: you told me you played dead when Zack humped you in exchange for the tape!
EM: shut up shut up shut up, nobody is masturbating thinking about my little boy!
Iris: you do not get to tell me who i masturbate to!
Lexxi: yeahhh its a free country and women get to flick their beans at whoever they choose to flick their beans!
Erynn: do not tell my sister to shut up!
John: girls do not talk to my girlfriend and your future stepmom like that!
Mel: jerk! do not tell my girls what to do!
John: its just one of them!
Mel: who is iris mother John?
iris: yeah dad who did you fucked over to get me?
John: ok ok Iris mother is.... (Whatever Valeria´s mother name is!)
A4C3F59E-E0CB-4927-8249-D17FA4A2EB0C.gif

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes