fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
haha he is the worst dev ever
[Internal monologue]: haha this is the dumbest comment ever

[Out loud]: If you don't enjoy his games, that's fine! Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. But this dev provides weekly updates without fail and provides monthly updates consistently on the multiple games he's working on. From Day 1 he identified IR as a side-project that he might work on in his spare time. In the meantime, he's given us consistent Alexandra updates along with contributing to Life With Mary and several other projects. If you don't like IR, or if you do like it but think it needs to be updated more frequently, feel free to explain. But this dev is VERY far from "the worst" and has been consistently providing quality content for about three years now.

[Also out loud]: Okay, maybe not the dumbest comment ever (I mean, have you looked at the Milfy City Thread?), but this is a pretty bad comment and you should feel bad for making it.

udi rema

Dec 29, 2018
[Internal monologue]: haha this is the dumbest comment ever

[Out loud]: If you don't enjoy his games, that's fine! Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. But this dev provides weekly updates without fail and provides monthly updates consistently on the multiple games he's working on. From Day 1 he identified IR as a side-project that he might work on in his spare time. In the meantime, he's given us consistent Alexandra updates along with contributing to Life With Mary and several other projects. If you don't like IR, or if you do like it but think it needs to be updated more frequently, feel free to explain. But this dev is VERY far from "the worst" and has been consistently providing quality content for about three years now.

[Also out loud]: Okay, maybe not the dumbest comment ever (I mean, have you looked at the Milfy City Thread?), but this is a pretty bad comment and you should feel bad for making it.
first of all life with mary is completed he is not working on that now..and you say he give updates every month look alexandra was updated last on october..and guess what he gave IR an update which has a duration of 5 mins or less...it was not an update ..it was like an ultra mini update...for me his alexandra game is bit boring ..IR game does not get update..so both games have weakneses..so my comment is not dumb as you think

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
first of all life with mary is completed he is not working on that now..and you say he give updates every month look alexandra was updated last on october..and guess what he gave IR an update which has a duration of 5 mins or less...it was not an update ..it was like an ultra mini update...for me his alexandra game is bit boring ..IR game does not get update..so both games have weakneses..so my comment is not dumb as you think
Yeah, it wasn't a smart comment though, was it?

Alexandra has been updated every month since it started, apart from the months he's worked on IR.
The length of the latest update of IR depends on what routes you are taking in the game, if you are following only one route for example, your playthrough is gonna be kinda short.
The only reason IR was later than planned is that he went on holiday, his internet connection was a bit shit, but he still updated us on progress and when stuff was going to be released.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
so my comment is not dumb as you think
haha he is the worst dev ever
So if you honestly think "he is the worst dev ever," your comment is probably as dumb as I think it is.

But... if you wrote that only because you're merely disappointed in how one or more of his multiple projects are progressing, as I said, you're entitled to your opinion on the quality or lack thereof of his games. I'm not going to dispute whether the multiple games he's working on (I neglected to mention Haley's Story, updated Nov 20th) are up to your lofty standards, because it's all subjective in the end. But this dev always updates his patrons and always provides content that satisfies most of his patrons. Does it always satisfy all of them? Probably not! Look, it's fine if you're disappointed. Just try to gain some perspective.

Last edited:

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
udi rema

what is for you a big update????

i think you do not know that it takes time to render images.And if you think the updates are short,then why you don´t try to render lets say 100 images by yourself then you will see how much time only the rendering of the images takes.Then take everything else what is needet for a game and put it together then you will see that its not so easy going what you think it is to make a decent amount of content for an update.

a rendering maschine that renders a image in 1 minute and makes a game to it all by itself is not invented yet.

for me a good update is already a release with 200 renders or more

Last edited:

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I'm not a moderator here, but the moderators do expect those with Uploader status to refrain from these kind of squabbles, so udi rema we can continue any discussion via DMs. For my part, I apologize for saying your comment was dumb.

I'll just state that if more game developers were as consistent with their updates and as transparent about the progress of their updates as this dev has shown to be over several years, we would all be better for it.

udi rema

Dec 29, 2018
udi rema

what is for you a big update????

i think you do not know that it takes time to render images.And if you think the updates are short,then why you don´t try to render lets say 100 images by yourself then you will see how much time only the rendering of the images takes.Then take everything else what is needet for a game and put it together then you will see that its not so easy going what you think it is to make a decent amount of content for an update.

a rendering maschine that renders a image in 1 minute and makes a game to it all by itself is not invented yet.

for me a good update is already a release with 200 renders or more
yes it takes time to render bro i think you dont know it could be much faster if you have strong pc components ...and if you are telling IR had a even medium sized update you are lying to your self...of course he could have done a much better update..oh i did not asked for big updates but i asked for an acceptable update...it would be around 15 mins ..just like harley story amazing work...he works even on that see its not his game but still it is much more consistent...so i think he should give priority for his games first because he get pentroens for his games..

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
He doesn't really make good games, and he keeps abandoning them, but his girls are hot. Worse than Ptolemy, but nowhere near as bad as Gumdrop, Aorrta or Deem.
Never forget Darth Smut. He makes Ptolemy look like a god amongst men.

udi rema

Dec 29, 2018
So if you honestly think "he is the worst dev ever," your comment is probably as dumb as I think it is.

But... if you wrote that only because you're merely disappointed in how one or more of his multiple projects are progressing, as I said, you're entitled to your opinion on the quality or lack thereof of his games. I'm not going to dispute whether the multiple games he's working on (I neglected to mention Haley's Story, updated Nov 20th) are up to your lofty standards, because it's all subjective in the end. But this dev always updates his patrons and always provides content that satisfies most of his patrons. Does it always satisfy all of them? Probably not! Look, it's fine if you're disappointed. Just try to gain some perspective.
of course see that is much more consistent game ..so tell me what is his game...vitagame is the main devaloper..it is his game..but see ptolemy is giving that game much more time than IR game... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
of course see that is much more consistent game ..so tell me what is his game...vitagame is the main devaloper..it is his game..but see ptolemy is giving that game much more time than IR game... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Vit's the main storyteller but Ptolemy with his crew including gamersglory do lots of the heavy lifting for it and at a time was managing 4 VN's at once yet still was able to push out monthly updates for most of them. I'd say have a look around at other dev's and compare their consistency against Ptolemy and the team.

IR was supposed to be a side project in their eyes so the fact they're still making IR is a blessing...

Reactions: Red469

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
yes it takes time to render bro i think you dont know it could be much faster if you have strong pc components ...and if you are telling IR had a even medium sized update you are lying to your self...of course he could have done a much better update..oh i did not asked for big updates but i asked for an acceptable update...it would be around 15 mins ..just like harley story amazing work...he works even on that see its not his game but still it is much more consistent...so i think he should give priority for his games first because he get pentroens for his games..
i think you do not know what you are talking about and i know much more of this things than you think.
i have more than a little knowledge about game developing to know how long it takes to make this stuff working,but with less little time i have because of my full time job i can not give myself a try in learning to make games like this,but i do know that it is hard time work to make 5 pathes with content for all pathes.

take all 5 pathes and add the renders all together and then look how much images are there i´ll tell you it is about 500 Renders for that update if you stick to one path only then it is your problem and you should wait until the game is finished.
what do you think how much time it costs to render 500 images even with a good rendering hardware???
oh and before rendering the renders must be prepared to render first of course then the animations ect...ect...
and then comes the other stuff thats needs to be done before that update is finished.

Last edited:

udi rema

Dec 29, 2018
i think you do not know what you are talking about and i know much more of this things than you think.
i have more than a little knowledge about game developing to know how long it takes to make this stuff working,but with less little time i have because of my full time job i can not give myself a try in learning to make games like this,but i do know that it is hard time work to make 5 pathes with content for all pathes.

take all 5 pathes and add the renders all together and then look how much images are there i´ll tell you it is about 500 Renders for that update if you stick to one path only then it is your problem and you should wait until the game is finished.
what do you think how much time it costs to render 500 images even with a good rendering hardware???
oh and before rendering the renders must be prepared to render first of course then the animations ect...ect...
and then comes the other stuff thats needs to be done before that update is finished.
what is your GPU SYSTEM...IT USUALLY TAKE 35 SECONDS TO RENDER AN IMAGE IN RTX 2080TI...I HAVE TESTED IT..

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
what is your GPU SYSTEM...IT USUALLY TAKE 35 SECONDS TO RENDER AN IMAGE IN RTX 2080TI...I HAVE TESTED IT..
doesn't matter what hardware i have i have nothing to prove here.
but i do know that it takes muuuuuch longer than 35 seconds :rolleyes: to render an game image for these games.

btw.. if it takes ONLY 35 seconds why don't you show them all how to make games and make one yourself??
lets say a full game with 2500 renders within 2 weeks?
go man show them all how it should be done :cool:

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
besides i don't know how long my system would take to render an game image of good quality,because i do not have the needed software for that and just out of curiosity i would never spend so much money for licenses for the needed software and the assets.
i could easily upgrade my hardware for that if needed but that is useless if i don't want to make games like the devs here.

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
Does anyone know what the folder under appdata/renpy is called? My saves where lost when my external drive died.

poof620

Feb 15, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

day16none3 is only in the script when its called for on this line, but there is a day16none4 so i think there was maybe a slip or miscount while programming.

Looking at the script personally i found that i could use 'ep16cont8' instead of 'day16none3' to continue the game without missing any content i wanted, though, admittedly, im only trying to be with Kelly and caused all other vars to be false. Attaching my adjusted day16 script for anyone else that had this error, and my save file at error so variables can be checked as needed.

Edit-- After posting this, i checked to see if others had noted this and found that they had and posted a hotfix. Removed my day16 script, but left my save for var checking if needed/wanted. If you would like my day16 script just msg me.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 51 Votes