riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Dreaming of Dana is close to finished. He'll either focus more on this or start a different game and keep this as a side project.
If Ptolemy is going to go to v1.0 then I dont see how v0.065 could be considered as close to being finished... unless you know something we don't! LOL!!

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
If Ptolemy is going to go to v1.0 then I dont see how v0.065 could be considered as close to being finished... unless you know something we don't! LOL!!
I've seen all kinds of numbering systems used, and they are all estimates in the creators own vision. This may have been considered 5/10 at the time of 0.5 release, but consider where we are in the story, and what all has happened since. Really - how more can we go without changing the basic fabric of the relationship of brother/sister? Too much more and - well. this is up to the creator, but we'll see (almost went over the proverbial cliff beyond simple incest/group/etc) ...

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
If you are a patron he's said when Dana will be finished but news is here.

Dana will be finished in January.

Progress update
Patrons only
Sep 2 at 1:02am
Hi

That time again.

Well, we're past the 200 renders mark. And we still have a few more to do.

But is should be ok. Having a bimonthly release schedule, allows me some wiggle room.

So, unless you hear from me till then, the release will be on Sunday evening.

Not much more to say on that.

One more thing I'd like to touch on.

Some of you might be wondering, what does Ptolemy do with the extra free time he has since he's switched to bimonthly releases. The patches are bigger that the weekly ones, but they're not double in size (except for this one).

If your guess is that, he sits in a tub of his Patreon money, snorting coke out of a brazilian hooker's ass, while screaming "FLY PELICAN FLY", you'd be absolutely right. That is what I mostly do.

But the other thing I do, is think about what comes after Dreaming of Dana.

In regards Dreaming of Dana, we're within measuring distance of finishing. To paraquote 1984.

The story is pretty much written, in my head at least. And there is little in the way of new coding still to come.

From this point it's just a matter of executing.

Now, execution is laborious and time consuming, so it won't be easy.

But......

And please don't take this as iron clad.....

If I had to guess......

I think we'll be finished sometime in January. DO NOT HOLD ME TO THIS! It's just a guess.

I know this seems like far away, but trust me, it isn't.

So the question for me is, what comes after.

Do I continue making games?

Absolutely! I'm having too much fun not to be doing it.

Will "Intimate relations" become my main project?

No. The story telling in it is very "experimental". Telling a story from 3 POV's, and still have it make sense, is giving me fits. You'll notice we haven't had an update in over a month. That's because there are a few story "knots" that I have to make work before we can continue.

Am I ready for my "Egypt" game?

Not really. I think I have the coding skills I was lacking before, and I'm sure that I can write that game. But the thing about the "Egypt" game is, lots of custom props.

With Dana and others, I can just buy a dress for them from a website. The cost between 10$ and 30$, similar with shoes and everything else.

I can't buy a "ptolemaic soldier's armor" like that. They have to be custom made.

I contacted one of the artist that does props for the DAZ website. But he quoted me a price that made me want to spit peas in his face(2500$ for 1 set). It might be worth that, I'm not saying it isn't. But it's just not something I can afford, given that I'd need a few dozen of those period costumes, at a minimum.

Egypt will have to wait.

So, what comes next?

Another game, obviously.

I want to start this game differently than I did with Dana. I started that one with no preparation, or anything. Some older patrons will remember that I couldn't get the save game to work for 2 months. :(

I have till January to prepare.

Please note that this will in no way interfere with my upload schedule. It's just preparation for the next one.

But this time I want everything ready before I start work. I want to have the story mostly decided upon, I want to have the props ready, the costumes ready, engine chosen etc....

For example.

Should I try include live2d? If I do, I won't be able to render the scenes in full, it would have to be foreground and background. But the actors will move.

So, I'm starting with the story. I've already started writing an outline, but I don't want to continue without input from you guys.

So, tell me in the comments what you'd like to see included.

Starting Monday, I'll also be pestering 10$ patrons with polls, about this planed game.

I know it's a bit weird that I'm asking you about a future game, that's still in the "hey, I had and idea" phase, and actual work won't commence till Dana is ready. But I hope that I've proven that I actually work on these things, and that I take seriously my obligation of delivering content.

I just don't want to run into the problems that I had with Dana, due to lack of planning. And I don't want to have a "leave of absence" from making games after Dana is finished, while I decide what to do next.

Hope to hear from you in the comments.

As always, I'm very grateful for your support

Ptolemy
Dreaming of Dana is close to finished. He'll either focus more on this or start a different game and keep this as a side project.
This is always going to be a side game, never a focus, his words. It's an experiment.

Once Dana is finished he's starting a new game, he already has the MC and is starting work on ideas for the story.

If you're wondering where is that render from. I'm experimenting for the planned game in January.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
January ? ! .... for the god sake ! :mad:
And then he's starting on a new game.

As he said, this is just an experiment. If this is the only game you are wanting it's going be a loooong time until it's done and updates aren't going to be regular.

This is a side project, nothing more.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017

Progress update
Patrons only
Sep 22 at 4:46pm
Hi

Well, things are going well so far.

Main reason is that I've gotten a little cold, and I've been home for a couple of days. That has allowed me to get a lot more work done during the week.

I've also started work on the next Kelly patch, and between both of them, I've reached close to 100 renders.

We're way ahead of schedule, and with the extra time, I'll work more on Kelly.

I'm not promising a double release, but everything is on time for the Dana patch next weekend, and with a little luck, the next Kelly patch the week after that.

Thanks again to Xirbeus for letting me use his GPU's.

That's it for now.

Ptolemy
Fear not folks, work is being done and you should have more coming your way soon enough.

Crusoe

Donor
Apr 27, 2017

Hey, some people are sensitive, and your lack of empathy is... heartbreaking.
This is my last reply to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gomly1980

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017

Progress update
Patrons only
Sep 26 at 12:02am
Hi

Time for a progress update.

What can I say. Most things are on schedule.

Let's start with Dana.

I have 120 renders that I'm happy with, but I've just finished the first day of the getaway.

That's ok. The second day will be smaller. So we'll probably reach 180 renders or similar. But I don't think much more than that. At least not right now. My stuff might always balloon :p

But things are on schedule for a Saturday or Sunday release.

Kelly

I have about 70 renders that I'm happy with. Of course, all Kelly renders are full scene, so they take a little longer.

As it stands, there will probably be an update next weekend.

The new stuff.

The writing is going well.

Finished most of the main story arcs. Except for the mother. Don't know if I want to include her in a sexual way, at all. It might be too much.

I'll make a pool about that.

I know I said I'd try to have a alpha for the demo this month, for high level patrons.

Well, I have a bit of an alpha. But to keep things contained, I'm trying to distribute it via a site, that I'm building. And my previous hope, that I'll whip out a site in one afternoon turned out to be.........optimistic.

Anyway, I don't see why I should rush it. January is still in the future. But I'll keep working on it, when I'm not working on Dana.

That's it for now. Will make another update in a few days.

Ptolemy
More news for anyone that wants it.

If any of you feel like Ptolemy doesn't show you enough attention just know that poppa Gom is always here for you.

I have candy.

Just come over to my van and sniff this rag.

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Ok, this game got me interested.

I'm not really a fan of Dreaming with Dana's story, but I enjoy the graphics on Dana's and Maria's scenes (not a fan of Andrea and Jessica). I saw that this game has a cheating tag and I really (I mean, really) enjoy fictional wifes cheating on their fictional husbands.

Is there any girl cheating here or only the dude cheats?

Telamon

Jun 18, 2017
Ok, this game got me interested.

I'm not really a fan of Dreaming with Dana's story, but I enjoy the graphics on Dana's and Maria's scenes (not a fan of Andrea and Jessica). I saw that this game has a cheating tag and I really (I mean, really) enjoy fictional wifes cheating on their fictional husbands.

Is there any girl cheating here or only the dude cheats?
Looks like it's setting up for all the above. Husband, daughter, and wife all cheating on their respective partners/boyfriends/etc.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
It's looking like everyones going to be cheating at some point.

It's all set up for that anyway.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
It looks promising. I'll keep checking this thread for any news.
please remember this is an experiment by Ptolemy, and may not get updates regularly. please don't get upset if you do not see updates. his current main game is Dreaming of Dana.

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
please remember this is an experiment by Ptolemy, and may not get updates regularly. please don't get upset if you do not see updates. his current main game is Dreaming of Dana.
Oh, I'm aware of it. And I won't be upset over something that I'm pirating, lol. If I was a patron, I could be upset, but I'm not.

Reactions: Freki

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017

Plans
Patrons only
Oct 2 at 9:10pm
Hi

Time to let you know what's in store for the next couple of weeks.

Well, the next Dana patch will be in continuation of the Andrea story.

The reasons for this is, that I want to release a Kelly patch between now and then.

The Kelly patch will probably be this weekend and the Dana patch, the weekend after that.

Thanks again to for his help.

There are about 70 renders done for Kelly already. And there are 3 more scenes to do before I think it's ready. So aiming for this weekend is not outlandish.

I'll of course work on the Dana patch at the same time.

The second reason that I want to do the continuation for Andrea instead of moving to Maria or something else, is that I didn't like how I left it.

I get that you sometimes want to leave a bit of a cliffhanger, but I personally hate it. I wanted to give you an idea of what the Mila arc was about, but didn't have the time to finish. I will finish in this patch.

That's it for now.

Ptolemy
Updates are in the works and should be coming soon.

Just to reiterate really, updates are a bit slower for this game as it's an experiment of Ptolemy's. He's telling a story from multiple angles which slows him down plus his work on Dana and his real job.

I know a few of you prefer this one to Dana so get a bit frustrated at slow releases but those releases do come eventually, he hasn't given up.

I could keep him locked in my basement working on these games but I already have a wife and 4 kids to feed, an extra mouth may be forgotten and then the smells that come with decomposing corpses and explaining to the kids that the screaming man downstairs is just sleeping and that shade of pale is natural .... it would be a lot of hard work is all i'm saying.

Reactions: jackkane
3.50 star(s) 51 Votes