gurhal1212

Nov 24, 2022
First of all it is a very good game
I would like to report a problem, you will see if you reload the page from the browser this can cause an error message box to appear first and then this (not simultaneously) Error: <<print>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '5 ') Midori's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '5')
Cindy's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '5')
Naomi's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '5')
that blocks the events I have seen this in early versions, at first I thought it was because I used a translator and it could be causing some disagreement but what I saw was when refreshing the browser page (I use Chrome)

Reactions: armyofrobots

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
First of all it is a very good game
I would like to report a problem, you will see if you reload the page from the browser this can cause an error message box to appear first and then this (not simultaneously) Error: <<print>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '5 ') Midori's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '5')
Cindy's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '5')
Naomi's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '5')
that blocks the events I have seen this in early versions, at first I thought it was because I used a translator and it could be causing some disagreement but what I saw was when refreshing the browser page (I use Chrome)
Interesting; I think we've seen this where an old save version is used with the latest version, but I thought we'd fixed this specific bug (there are others that break when we update; we fix some, others emerge). Is this a fresh game you were running when you hit refresh? I'll pass this along to our Dev and hopefully he can take a look.

As always, we appreciate the feedback!

gurhal1212

Nov 24, 2022
I downloaded the latest version today at dawn and although I had an auto save after deleting it I did a new test and this came out Error: <<print>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '2')
Midori's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '2')
Cindy's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '2')
Naomi's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '2')

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I downloaded the latest version today at dawn and although I had an auto save after deleting it I did a new test and this came out Error: <<print>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '2')
Midori's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '2')
Cindy's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '2')
Naomi's RoomError: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '2')
When loading a new game and hitting "refresh" on the browser?

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Yes, I have not tried before capturing the family (Naomi and daughters) but once captured and if you click refresh the browser page that happens
We'll look into this; might I suggest not hitting the browser refresh button while playing the game for the time being?

Jul 24, 2023
Hey I'd like to congratulate you on your work so far. Do y'all have a formal road map for the dev team that you can share? I'm curious what y'all plan on doing in the future.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Hey I'd like to congratulate you on your work so far. Do y'all have a formal road map for the dev team that you can share? I'm curious what y'all plan on doing in the future.
Thank you; we have a poorly written list of general ideas on the first page in the Developer's Notes section and occasionally, we'll post ideas on here after some drinking. We have a long running list of things to change and add based on feedback but the real things set in stone are these:

- We want to add combat for the MC and possibly companions as both parts of plot and random events (in addition to the stats-driven story pieces)

- There are Chapters 3 & 4 coming with corresponding tech levels and lair improvements that will conclude the story, but the sandbox will remain explorable once story is concluded

- Elements of the wider war for Earth and your contributions towards it in terms of troops and resources to aid the greater fight which will be part of "winning" the game

- Base defense elements, both from improving your troops through upgrades and the base itself with increasingly difficult danger to repel based on story progression and suspicion level

- A journal entry system linked on the side menu that will track progress with each girl and offer clues where to go, what to do next to get to her next big scene or event

- Additional content for each of the main girls (currently we're implementing more for Midori, but we'd like to have something for all of them after you have control of them)

- Far more of the random girls to encounter and in more places

- At least two more "town" sized areas to explore with their own side quests and characters to meet/deal with/capture

- Ability to start a business as a means to greatly increase income which will be necessary for late state base and tech improvements

- Improvement of the current UI to a better design

Current priorities are on the UI, combat system, and journal, with new content taking a back seat this quarter as we try to focus on some technical improvements players have consistently asked for.

Reactions: Tyrgalon
Jul 24, 2023
Sounds good, one suggestion i might make is increasing the amount of resources you can buy per click from the grocer and hardware store. Buying 50 at a time for wood is nice till you want 3000 or so. Just expanding options or giving a dynamic rate to buy things i.e. 1 wood = 2 dollars, giving the player a box to input how much they want to buy of a resource would be a major QoL improvement for base management.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Sounds good, one suggestion i might make is increasing the amount of resources you can buy per click from the grocer and hardware store. Buying 50 at a time for wood is nice till you want 3000 or so. Just expanding options or giving a dynamic rate to buy things i.e. 1 wood = 2 dollars, giving the player a box to input how much they want to buy of a resource would be a major QoL improvement for base management.
Agreed; and most of that will be addressed when we look at game balance. Most of the techs are just copies of one another from a cost standpoint and not necessarily in a way that makes sense.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I got every upgrade at level one , how do I raise to tech level 2 ?
Complete the Chapter 1 arc with Kim's story, she'll point you to someone on the university faculty who you can pay to do some research for you, that will unlock Tech Level 2.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
is there a walkthrough for this
There used to be; not sure it's up to date.

Sometime after Day 8, go to the classrooms on campus if you've already met Robin and you'll meet Kim. She'll call you the next time you get home and tell you to meet her at Robin's apartment (Go to the beach from town, go to the beach side apartments); there you'll meet Kim's Scooby Doo-esque gang of mystery solvers and she'll invite you along. Keep going on adventures and reporting back to the apartment to advance the story; eventually this will conclude and there will be a "putting the pieces together" option at the apartment where Kim will mention a professor at the university who could help. That's the tipping point between Chapter 1 & 2, as it were and it unlocks Tier 2 tech in your research tree.

Justadude77892

Feb 19, 2022
How are things going with the next update? I realize there are multiple items being managed for the next update. I’m hoping things are going well and the story can be advanced soon.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
How are things going with the next update? I realize there are multiple items being managed for the next update. I’m hoping things are going well and the story can be advanced soon.
The next update is probably going to be out in a week-2 weeks; we have knocked down quite a number of bug fixes, though not a lot of new content. In particular, we've been fixing things with the final part of the Kim arc that were broken and making that section of the story ready to be expanded on. We're also working on the UI and Journal; I don't know if our Dev has those ready to roll with the next release, but he says he is making progress with both.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
is the part wher we save maya the end ?
For now yes; in all it's roughly half way through the main plot, but that's what we have completed for the moment. We'll keep working on the project and hopefully have more out soon.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes