Ren'Py Completed Iris Quest: The Goblins' Curse [Xaljio & Dahr]

2.70 star(s) 9 Votes

LordCorwin

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2017
You know, back in the day, when IQ was announced and the demo was put out, I signed up with DHAR and Xaljio. I had high hopes, kept alive when they put out that small card game that'd be featured within the game. Sadly, my patience is not unlimited. Seeing this I was skeptical, especially when I saw the file size, and I can't say I'm surprised. It's what I have come to expect from DHAR, since at least Xaljio has that Library Story game he's working on, but this officially killed my support. Time to throw my dosh at a creator who is actually delivering something promising, like NTL.

Reactions: aejotx and Danlorn

RamRod36

May 23, 2017
This game has a LOT of potential to be even better. Now if only I could code,program Renpy........Draw etc. My comments might mean more. However if I had the skill-set I'd make the following changes.
1. Replace the player character with a "Guy that got lost"
2. Somehow the above character winds up "Stable-Master" of all "Ponies" The goblins kidnap from other worlds and bring there.
3. Ponies are told to earn points by winning races, which can then be used to buy their freedom.
4. Since the player owns the ponies, he determines if they go free.......Not bloody likely!
5. Player can instead use points to purchase nasty costumes for ponies, different butt-plugs that kind of thing. Enchantments as well.
6. As player, he can Train ponies to ignore pleasure to win races, run faster, take bigger plugs.
7. work with the trap-master to upgrade the traps. Instead of death, and taking clothes they get raped or spanked?
8. New ponies of course!
9. Upgraded story where the player either stops a coupe attempt on Foo or Helps and takes over with Foo becoming a pony.
10. incorporate the tentacle monster with above.
Just a couple thoughts on the matter.

grin

Jul 2, 2017
This game has a LOT of potential to be even better. Now if only I could code,program Renpy........Draw etc. My comments might mean more. However if I had the skill-set I'd make the following changes.
yo you've got good ideas man, but your ideas aint ever gonna happen if you dont put them into practice yourself. Making games/drawing well are both doable, they just take a bit of practice. if you're at all interested, give these a look and weeks effort. some half hour a day could pay out. You might just find an interest. and a few months from now I could be seeing your mod for this or your own thing entirely.
for renpy
and for drawing

Reactions: oxking72

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Wow. The combat is absolute shite. Two D4 for combat- are we doing Warrior Evasion saves? :) Combat should at least include one D8-D10, even with modifiers most of my attacks didn't make it to double digits. I even had the Dagger of AbbaZabba and the Armor of Hoobie-Joobie (or whatever they were called) and still couldn't defeat the Mimi/Goblin/Joker Chick. Defending- useless. Charging attack-useless. Straight attacking-useless. The combat could use some tweaking- other than that, it wasn't a terrible game. The art was great, the game itself was fun, and the interactions between the characters was entertaining.

jefxxxyxyz

Nov 10, 2018
How do I get the other win conditions? I've won and just left, won with the trap masters help, and won with the tentacle monster's help but I am still missing 3 endings and the elf card (plus Laura's card because she is shit). Also my game fucking crashed after beating the trap master the the tentacle monster

pekas

Sep 21, 2017
How do I get the other win conditions? I've won and just left, won with the trap masters help, and won with the tentacle monster's help but I am still missing 3 endings and the elf card (plus Laura's card because she is shit). Also my game fucking crashed after beating the trap master the the tentacle monster
The first time the trap master offers you the device, decline the deal and beat the hell out of him, after that win the race and, in the first round vs foo press the button of tge device in the inventory.
Two endings there

pekas

Sep 21, 2017
Better question: Are they going to stop spending time on this mini-game and actually working on Iris Quest so that it's more than just an introduction?
If you read their patreon that’s exactly what they say: one pacht and back to the main game....

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Honestly I don't know how to feel about this game, because on some aspects it's well crafted but taking so long to release this is just...I really don't know how to aptly vocalize my disappointment.

2.70 star(s) 9 Votes