ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
I only got here because I grinded art a lot. No talent is involved. At least you know how to code and make interactive games, though. I'm tech retarded
Sounds like you learned art like I learned Ren'py, but my code is pretty appalling. I'm thankful it usually works. lol

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
so any progress on this game when will it release paradise the johnson game
I'm currently testing, with about 20% more code to add. I'm off for vacation and will be gone for a week, but I don't think it will affect the goal of being ready at the end of the month.

latest UPDATES include:
Can now achieve the first trial far faster (6 days has been casual pace testing average)
Candy loops will make more sense (she may get annoying, but there's a reason, and she wont always be annoying)
Candy grows to size 2 (not animated but final form shown)
A little bit easier to get Irene (mom) to the BJ act
That act can be intruded on by Karen
* protip: when starting the game, be sure to name the relationships to Irene and Penny as mom and sister if you want more fun in the dialogue during game play
Trial 2 finished but needs more testing (it is a minigame where you give the ladies a "truth vapor" and try to come up with embarrassing questions - if you hate the game, let me know) - easter eggs and character backgrounds to be discovered through this

Yet to code:
Selena chasing you around the building after your first meet, and only if she gave you a blowjob
Characters leaving milk puddles when lactating (Selena, Penny and Irene)
Penny conversations
if irene = "mom" and Karen catches you two in the act, she blabs to everyone about it. They all have their opinions to add
____

So, the game is beginning to play like I originally envisioned. I think it's hilarious, but I am curious how many will think it's annoying. On my last test run of the game, after trial 1, I didn't have much sperm analyzing in the machine. I tried to add some, and Karen popped up, taking over. Went and rested, came out of the bathroom and Candy attacked me. Back to the bathroom to rest and then Himari approached. I finally got a testing load off at bedtime.

Making it increasingly harder to fill the sperm analyzer because everyone wants to fuck you. Hence... "Irresistible Johnson"

There is no time limit, though. Events trigger when milestones are achieved, no matter how long they take. If someone is really crafty, they can probably get through both trials within 11 to 13 days. Don't be surprised if it takes 30.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Back with another character drawn. I did Karen this time with some creative liberties. Truthfully I didn't know how to handle her hair in an appealing way. I'm not very good at drawing curly hair so I went with 70's anime hair instead. View attachment 2791728
Dude, this is absolutely fantastic stuff. I'm always amazed by the talent discovered here. If I remember things correctly, when I described Karen to the artist (Symbolic Reasons) I think I said she needed to look bossy and professional, like Adrienne Barbeau from Swamp Thing. I think the curly hair may have been derived from that. lol.

Last edited:

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Quick Update:
Almost everything mentioned in the previous updates is complete, except for testing. Trial 2 works in such a way that if I fully tested it myself, it would take until next year to finish. I expect some glitches/bugs to be discovered, but nothing game breaking. So far, it works fine.

Left to finish:
Add Penny's intro (I'm a maybe on this, though her script and actions are already coded in Trial 2)
Clean up Selena's and Candy's harassment times (how often they come to visit you).
Add Selena's walking paths and locations (maybe)
Walkthrough/hints for new stuff
Adjust relationship modifiers for all characters but Karen

MitchBoyson

Mar 2, 2020
Dude, this is absolutely fantastic stuff. I'm always amazed by the talent discovered here. If I remember things correctly, when I described Karen to the artist (Symbolic Reasons) I think I said she needed to look bossy and professional, like Adrienne Barbeau from Swamp Thing. I think the curly hair may have been derived from that. lol.
The blowjob queen herself, it makes sense. Now I can't unsee it. This is good to know.
Also excited to see what you have in the new update.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Who marked this as abandoned? it seems it was more just on hold-
It was, in fact, abandoned. I just came back to it out of the desire to clean it up. Even in it's unfinished and buggy state, I find it more entertaining than most games in this genre (I am biased, of course), so I wanted to tweak it and make it more playable. I still haven't decided to officially boot it back up yet. Kinda wanna see how people react to it, first. I have an idea how to wrap this up with $5 to 7K in art. If I think this game could make its money back on Steam (as Paradise Lofts did), I'll consider finishing it.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Still planning to release the cleaned up version by the end of the month?
It is, though it may be a few days later than that. I have some loose ends to tie up and test once you get past trial 2. I didn't get quite all the locations for Work Interruptions to trigger that I wanted, but you'll have a strong idea of what things will be shaping into if you play far enough into the game. I'm going to do another full run through to see if any bugs can be discovered that may have popped up since adding 20,000+ lines of code and then I'll release it.

Left to finish:
The above mentioned
Candy's repeat scripts
Script cleanup on Selena

The thing I definitely won't yet finish:
The extra game mechanics on Trial 2 (currently it's just 3 questions when under a truth serum) - it's supposed to be measured by the "stress" of the questions.

I think I am just going to throw this up on a filesharing site and tell you guys to share the link everywhere. I still haven't decided to go through the process of setting this up on a crowd funding effort yet.

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes