VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Oh no need to say sorry, you got me wrong. The question was not part of Isa vs Alex jokes, I genuinely am wondering because you said no branching. So without branching special would interfere with the flow of the game, at least what I thought. Most of the devs go for dream approach or alternate reality approach etc. for situation like these and they state it's not part of canon. :unsure:
The special is a complete single game, people won't miss anything in the main game if they don't play it.
Well, some hot sex scenes and my progress with Blender and other programs, but that will show up in the main game too.

And as the triad is one possible route in the game, at least it's canon for the players who play this scenario.
But I will make sure to make clear that it's the triad version only before the release. ;)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Oh I am sorry, I completely misunderstood that. I thought it will be an update but focusing on Christmas, hence the name Christmas special. If it's standalone game then,

I hate season episodes in a game. :ROFLMAO:
It just feels wrong when you play a VN in June and you are in a snowy christmas set.

121.png

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I hate season episodes in a game. :ROFLMAO:
It just feels wrong when you play a VN in June and you are in a snowy christmas set.

View attachment 3033121
I go further.

I can't stand the obsession with XMas. Especially the Coca-Cola version of it.

Every year the same. Special episodes on TV-Shows, same stupid movies, even the horror ones, if you've seen one, you've seen them all. Now, in the AVN's too... Special episodes, with snow, a tree, elves, and all the same tired and overused tropes that I really can't stand anymore.

Don't get me wrong, if you guys like it, fucking do it. I am just stating where I stand. XMas means NOTHING to me. Especially now that I can't even drink and eat until I pass out. I went along with it while my kids were growing. Now? Couldn't care less. I see no point in celebrating a Winter Solstice. The grappled on other celebrations, mean nothing to me, I have no relations with any religion, creed, tradition or whatever.

When I was a kid I had a very commercial view of the date. I haven't been that kid for over 50 years. For a while, XMas was about the people. Each and every one of them are dead now, or haven't spoken to me in 30+ years.

If anything, these so called Holly Days are nothing but depression triggers. And I already have enough of those.

So, BTT, if you want to do it, sure, I'll play it for the throuple. But, why, oh why, must it be for XMas? Fuck me... :(

Peace :(

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I go further.

I can't stand the obsession with XMas. Especially the Coca-Cola version of it.

Every year the same. Special episodes on TV-Shows, same stupid movies, even the horror ones, if you've seen one, you've seen them all. Now, in the AVN's too... Special episodes, with snow, a tree, elves, and all the same tired and overused tropes that I really can't stand anymore.

Don't get me wrong, if you guys like it, fucking do it. I am just stating where I stand. XMas means NOTHING to me. Especially now that I can't even drink and eat until I pass out. I went along with it while my kids were growing. Now? Couldn't care less. I see no point in celebrating a Winter Solstice. The grappled on other celebrations, mean nothing to me, I have no relations with any religion, creed, tradition or whatever.

When I was a kid I had a very commercial view of the date. I haven't been that kid for over 50 years. For a while, XMas was about the people. Each and every one of them are dead now, or haven't spoken to me in 30+ years.

If anything, these so called Holly Days are nothing but depression triggers. And I already have enough of those.

So, BTT, if you want to do it, sure, I'll play it for the throuple. But, why, oh why, must it be for XMas? Fuck me... :(

Peace :(
I feel ya, bro. I'm personally more about Halloween. Yes, I even decorate the outside. Although, that changed and now I don't. We lost one of our core friends a few days before last Halloween. So, now as you said, it's a depression trigger.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
When I was a kid I had a very commercial view of the date.
I think that's the biggest problem with all these holidays.
You can buy Christmas sweets here for weeks already. WTF.

Christmas is, same as my birthday, a normal time of the year.
With less to work, good food and drinks, a bit (but not too much) family.

And I can enjoy a nice decorated tree or a lighted tree outside in the snow.

But that's it. Nothing more.

*sigh*

Because people have some time to play it?
Last year I did an advent calendar. Every day a few sfw and nsfw pictures from the 1.-24. December.
(posted some of the pics here)

Why now?
Different reasons.

After the rework and the last update I took one week off development.
I really need something to distract me from Isa from time to time.
While it's still in the Isa "universe" I'm more free to do whatever i want in this short story (while keeping the general rules/story).

And I'm using it to play around with Blender and a few other things. So technically I'm learning while doing and distracting myself.

For example the tracks from the jet skies are dynamically painted. When I move the jet the tracks are created.
Or that pic in the bathroom. Well, it's an animation. With soft body physics.
Sure, I could do all of that in the main game, but I'm bound to the story there.
Isa titfuck in the main game? For sure at some time, would be a crime not to do that. So I have to learn how to do this. Why not now, so I can use it when I need it in the main game?

And last but not least, you'll have something to do over the holiday season.
And I can assure you that they will not go to the church, sing christmas songs or whatever.
So maybe a tree, some snow is what you will see from "Christmas"

;)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I personally like the idea of a short special Christmas episode. While im sure some would prefer that time go to the main game like you said it's a nice distraction from the main game for you but I think it is for the player as well. Especially if it's a slow burn game because you can include sexy time and just fun scenes that would not make sense in the main plot. I actually wish more slow burn games I enjoy would do shorts like these. While I dont mind waiting for the actual sexy time to happen in the main game on those type of games. I feel having a special with those scenes in it makes up for the long wait especially for those that get upset that it takes to long to get any action with certain LI. But no matter what type of game it is it's just a way i feel to unwind with it and have fun with it without the expectation of it making sense from the dev and player pov.

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Thanks Dessolos

While im sure some would prefer that time go to the main game like you said it's a nice distraction from the main game for you but I think it is for the player as well.

I asked my supporters, as this concern was raised by few dev friends.

poll.png

The result was pretty clear.

But I do limit the time on the special, the main game has priority.

(FatGiant, just ignore the BG ;))

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Thanks Dessolos

I asked my supporters, as this concern was raised by few dev friends.

View attachment 3033251

The result was pretty clear.

But I do limit the time on the special, the main game has priority.

(FatGiant, just ignore the BG ;))
(Thanks)
Isa's face is delightful here, her skin agrees with cold it seems... My ex-wife also had that type of skin, unfortunately wasted on such a personality.

Peace :)

• Red Heart

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I think that's the biggest problem with all these holidays.
You can buy Christmas sweets here for weeks already. WTF.

Christmas is, same as my birthday, a normal time of the year.
With less to work, good food and drinks, a bit (but not too much) family.

And I can enjoy a nice decorated tree or a lighted tree outside in the snow.

But that's it. Nothing more.

*sigh*

Because people have some time to play it?
Last year I did an advent calendar. Every day a few sfw and nsfw pictures from the 1.-24. December.
(posted some of the pics here)

Why now?
Different reasons.

After the rework and the last update I took one week off development.
I really need something to distract me from Isa from time to time.
While it's still in the Isa "universe" I'm more free to do whatever i want in this short story (while keeping the general rules/story).

And I'm using it to play around with Blender and a few other things. So technically I'm learning while doing and distracting myself.

For example the tracks from the jet skies are dynamically painted. When I move the jet the tracks are created.
Or that pic in the bathroom. Well, it's an animation. With soft body physics.
Sure, I could do all of that in the main game, but I'm bound to the story there.
Isa titfuck in the main game? For sure at some time, would be a crime not to do that. So I have to learn how to do this. Why not now, so I can use it when I need it in the main game?

And last but not least, you'll have something to do over the holiday season.
And I can assure you that they will not go to the church, sing christmas songs or whatever.
So maybe a tree, some snow is what you will see from "Christmas"

;)
I can't stand the obsession
I agree, my friends. I no longer celebrate the "holidays" any more, especially Christmas and my birthday! Fuck that!
Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Did you know that Christmas, Easter, Lent and many other so called "religious" holidays or "holy days" are in actual fact ALL based on pagan ritual celebrations? IIRC, it was Emperor Constantine of Rome who gave a mandate to the Roman Catholic Church to add church versions of pagan holidays to the church calendar in an effort to keep the peace between the church and the vast number of pagan folks living under his governance. So much for holy days, right?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, I no longer celebrate holidays and I detest being reminded of my age so birthdays are out too! However, I do still enjoy my favorite Christmas music :) And, I never say no to gifts, only offering my sincere thanks that someone did something nice for me regardless of the reason... like BTT letting us have a sexy side adventure with Isa and Alex as a holiday gift... Many thanks, dear friend. I am sincerely looking forward to the special episode. :)

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I agree, my friends. I no longer celebrate the "holidays" any more, especially Christmas and my birthday! Fuck that!
Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Did you know that Christmas, Easter, Lent and many other so called "religious" holidays or "holy days" are in actual fact ALL based on pagan ritual celebrations? IIRC, it was Emperor Constantine of Rome who gave a mandate to the Roman Catholic Church to add church versions of pagan holidays to the church calendar in an effort to keep the peace between the church and the vast number of pagan folks living under his governance. So much for holy days, right?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, I no longer celebrate holidays and I detest being reminded of my age so birthdays are out too! However, I do still enjoy my favorite Christmas music :) And, I never say no to gifts, only offering my sincere thanks that someone did something nice for me regardless of the reason... like BTT letting us have a sexy side adventure with Isa and Alex as a holiday gift... Many thanks, dear friend. I am sincerely looking forward to the special episode. :)

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
Man, my only gripe is that it isn't a Summer Vacation, why does it have to be in the Winter Solstice? Why not on the Summer one?

One thing you must know about me, I'm averse to cold. No, let's be honest here, I HATE cold. I'm African dammit. 11 months of Summer and 1 month of late Spring. Shorts a T and flip-flops all year long.

So, if we HAVE to celebrate a Solstice, why not the Summer one instead of the Winter one...

PapaPhat yes, I am VERY aware of Constantine's Edict. Had my first discussion about it with a Priest back in 1975, he ended up forbidding me to enter his church... LOOOOOOOL As if I even wanted to go there... Old perverted fucker.

But the religious part of it isn't what bothers me, that I simply ignore. It's the obsession. Same music in every store. Same decorations. Same everything, everywhere, every year.... And the cold... Fuck the cold.

Peace :D

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
So, if we HAVE to celebrate a Solstice, why not the Summer one instead of the Winter one...

Snow is a pain to render.
Beach, ocean and so on. Kill me!

Besides: Do you know any game with a winter setting? ;)
90% will be indoors or in a hot pool or a sauna anyway, so you won't freeze your ... off :p

And imagine Isas or Alex nipples at -5°C/23F :devilish:

Oct 10, 2022
Snow is a pain to render.
Beach, ocean and so on. Kill me!

Besides: Do you know any game with a winter setting? ;)
90% will be indoors or in a hot pool or a sauna anyway, so you won't freeze your ... off :p
I only remember Unbroken have winter scene, they play some snowball also but other than that I cannot think any other and even that one short brief scene. Is it daz related problem?

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes