VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Love of Magic was 3 books, Fetish Locator was 3 "weeks", Being a Dik is a "season" route. Artemis is doing the book thing also.
Yeah, splitting it up into books, seasons, however you call it.

I won't have 40-50+ hours of content, so why would I do that (unless income maximisation)?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Love of Magic was 3 books, Fetish Locator was 3 "weeks", Being a Dik is a "season" route. Artemis is doing the book thing also.
that's like 3 games out of thousands dude, and all of them quite popular... they may get away with it but smaller devs definitely won't

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This "season" thing might be nice if you are an established dev and want to make some extra money.
Putting some "mini h

Not happening.

Early access, buy now get it cheaper that buying it later.
I get that. But some people can and do pay per book/season. That's all I'm saying.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Suggest a better one?

Finishing Isa and release it at the full price is no option.
Steam is getting flooded with ugly NSFW games.
For me, all depends how you structure your story.
Games like Being a DIK, Artemis, Lust Academy, Freshwomen, Projekt: Passion are structured in "seasons" or "books" (same thing, different names only): so they put a whole and completed season/book to sell on steam. Once they finish another season/book, they put the new season/book to sell as DLC. It works because in each purchase clients will get a shitload of content and a completed "arc" of the game.
Meanwhile, games like Chasing Sunsets, Milfs of Sunville, Leap of Faith (now completed) are not structured in seasons, but simply in incremental chapters. So for this type of games, early access model is more suitable since clients will only need pay once and then get the incremental updates until game is completed (and each new update can increase the price of the game for new purchases untill the game gets the full price once is completed).

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
For me, all depends how you structure your story.
Games like Being a DIK, Artemis, Lust Academy, Freshwomen, Projekt: Passion are structured in "seasons" or "books" (same thing, different names only): so they put a whole and completed season/book to sell on steam. Once they finish another season/book, they put the new season/book to sell as DLC. It works because in each purchase clients will get a shitload of content and a completed "arc" of the game.
Meanwhile, games like Chasing Sunsets, Milfs of Sunville, Leap of Faith (now completed) are not structured in seasons, but simply in incremental chapters. So for this type of games, early access model is more suitable since clients will only need pay once and then get the incremental updates until game is completed (and each new update can increase the price of the game for new purchases untill the game gets the full price once is completed).
Don't forget to add Mythos in that also. I think she's planning on 5 books. Can't remember now.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
will if they can
And what do you suggest to those that can't?

Look, I know what you mean, and I also know that you don't have to solve those problems by yourself, it's mostly a rhetoric question. But the point stands that not everyone has the same amounts of disposable income, or even the ability to even think of income as disposable.

Peace :)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

Look, I know what you mean, and I also know that you don't have to solve those problems by yourself, it's mostly a rhetoric question. But the point stands that not everyone has the same amounts of disposable income, or even the ability to even think of income as disposable.

I can't afford to. I'm no longer on a disposable income. I was talking in general. I used to do that. If I enjoyed it, I'd buy it. Hell, I STILL purchase all the extras for Come Home on Steam. Rj keeps the prices low enough so I can.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I get that. But some people can and do pay per book/season. That's all I'm saying.
Nearly 200k pageviews since the last pub release.
3 ratings in that period, one was a ridiculous one with false accusations.

I have no idea what "people" want or "can and do pay" anymore.
From all my stats I can tell you it's little. Very little.

I don't want to maximize the income, I just want to deliver my story.
Sure I could stretch it as much as I could. Nope. Not doing that.

Or in short, I'm glad for every supporter who supports or fan who can't support.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Games like Being a DIK, Artemis, Lust Academy, Freshwomen, Projekt: Passion are structured in "seasons" or "books" (same thing, different names only): so they put a whole and completed season/book to sell on steam. Once they finish another season/book, they put the new season/book to sell as DLC

Isa is not a "story/season/book" game, for what ever reason.

It's a whole story, it progresses, it's done when it's done.
If fellow devs have a lot more content or think it's a good idea to split what they have into how ever they call it, so be it.

It might be a silly decision, but there's just one Isa version.
Because it's one story and and I won't tear it apart just to make more money.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Isa is not a "story/season/book" game, for what ever reason.

It's a whole story, it progresses, it's done when it's done.
If fellow devs have a lot more content or think it's a good idea to split what they have into how ever they call it, so be it.

It might be a silly decision, but there's just one Isa version.
Because it's one story and and I won't tear it apart just to make more money.
Ok, I can tell you this:

Reasons I Play this game:
- Alex extraordinarily attractive personality
- Isa's sort of "damsel in distress" flavor
- MC gallant attitude
- THE Throuple, just the fact that it is even possible, makes me instantly interested

Then there are smaller things, like the way the girls look, your touches with small animations and cut scenes, attention to detail, a very cool story and back-story.

So, why I play it, is that. That's why I can't stay away from this story.

How to convert this into a freaking success? I simply have no fucking clue. For me, there should be rivers of people playing this, why it's not happening? Beats me... :(

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes