VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
You know even black ops are human beings, right? Also he mentions a few time that he is too out of shape, also also beginning at the game dude was out of 1 month coma.
Even a fit black ops dude can get ambushed and each time he ended up on his ass was sneak attack. So.......
not sure if he was black ops I just recall military. regardless he said once or twice he is out of shape. Not sure how many years he has been out of the miliary but I want to say a decent amount of time since he built some security software. So I think it is easy to get rusty when you are out of practice. That and well not every MC needs to win all the time after all he is human and easily to make mistakes when you out of practice / rusty and out of shape. That and it wasn't a 1 on 1 fight where he was aware of the enemy he was unaware of them.

MC was send to military school for his own saftey and did (and won) some cage fights.

Why people think the MC was blackops is a mystery to me.

And as mentioned a few times, here AND in the game, he didn't do any training for some time.
He was even to lazy to go jogging with Jen.

I got a bit annoyed myself at him getting caught up all the time
That will change ;)

---

In general, people seem to forget that I'm telling a story, and a story involves.

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
MC was send to military school for his own saftey and did (and wone) some cage fights.

Why people think the MC was blackops is a mystery to me.

And as mentioned a few times, here AND in the game, he didn't do any training for some time.
He was even to lazy to go jogging with Jen.

That will change ;)

---

In general, people seem to forget that I'm telling a story, and a story involves.
It's fine. As long as I have Alex, I'm

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Not sure how many years he has been out of the miliary but I want to say a decent amount of time since he built some security software.
(y)

Chapter 2.1
wil "After a few months your father decided to send you to a military school."
wil "For your own protection."
wil "You won a few cage fighting tournaments during that time."
wil "AND finished top of your class."
wil "After graduation you started working for your father's company. As a lead software and hardware designer."
wil "In a social post about 10 years ago you announced a secure free OS for everyone."

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
(y)

Chapter 2.1
wil "After a few months your father decided to send you to a military school."
wil "For your own protection."
wil "You won a few cage fighting tournaments during that time."
wil "AND finished top of your class."
wil "After graduation you started working for your father's company. As a lead software and hardware designer."
wil "In a social post about 10 years ago you announced a secure free OS for everyone."
Hmm, but didn't our military buddy say that we couldn't hide our time in the military?

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Hmm, but didn't our military buddy say that we couldn't hide our time in the military?
As well as the doctor, and in both cases it was related to a briefing, summarizing the key info. I just assumed the MC got some basic military training while on a military school
He did.

But military school doesn't mean you are trained to be the next John Wick, they do a combination of military instruction and higher education.

So it's normal that the MC asks for a briefing, as he is used to clear orders and situation descriptions, listening to orders.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
My middle name is 'Too Far'. :ROFLMAO:

Y'all know I'm just playin. I'm enjoyin the story also. But in all honesty, if there was no Alex, there'd be no me. She's what brought me in. I would've never known how good the story was if it wasn't for her.
I don't even remember how did I encounter Isabella tbh but Alex's attitude hooked me ngl. Though, after that I really liked Isabella and Zeus, also MC is really one of the rare one that I can relate to his thinking process.

I do remember one thing though, when I saw the car riding animation then bathtub I was like what's going on, most game shy away from doing animations for even important parts but this game has scene changing animations, is this really an AVN? So it's safe to say this game changed mine quality expectations from AVNs.

Last edited:
Reactions: badtimetales

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I don't even remember how did I encounter Isabella tbh but Alex's attitude hooked me ngl. Though, after that I really liked Isabella and Zeus, also MC is really one of the rare one that I can relate to his thinking process.

I do remember one thing though, when I saw the car riding animation then bathtub I was like what's going on, most game shy away from doing animations for even important parts but this game has scene changing animations, is this really an AVN? So it's safe to say this game changed the mine quality expectations from AVNs.
100%. I'm not a huge fan of animations, so, can't really judge, but BTT did a good job.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes